Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. 09:47 - Jun 7 with 3535 viewssaintmark1976

Mr Sunak left yesterday’s 80 year D Day commemorations in Normandy early to make a party political broadcast which is not to be shown until next Wednesday.

This morning Mr Sunak has had to publicly apologise for his lack of judgment and insensitivity in not staying to fully honour the few remaining D Day veterans and their families.

Veterans, whose bravery and courage literally helped secure for us the freedoms so many nowadays take for granted.

In the light of his actions yesterday, I personally would be delighted if in the future Mr Sunak wishes to attend at St Mary’s the club inform him that he is not welcome.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:36 - Jun 9 with 511 viewsSouthamptonfan

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:28 - Jun 9 by grumpy

Why is it an asset?

When he loses the election, the multi billionnaire might have some spare time and cash available for a hobby and invest in our club?

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:42 - Jun 9 with 506 viewsmushinexile

I feel sorry for those who fell but the reality is that they were forced to fight to defend much that is indefensible. The obscenely wealthy few who own the country have army regiments named after them and what was actually fought for was the perpetuation of that unequal society that means that the multimillionaire pays less tax than his cleaner. Those freedoms spoken of are largely imaginary, alas.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:32 - Jun 9 with 434 viewsdjsaint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:28 - Jun 9 by grumpy

Why is it an asset?

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:41 - Jun 9 with 430 viewsgrumpy

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:32 - Jun 9 by djsaint

Explain why having Sunak as a fan an asset?
[Post edited 9 Jun 17:42]
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 20:04 - Jun 9 with 392 viewsBridders2

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:41 - Jun 9 by grumpy

Explain why having Sunak as a fan an asset?
[Post edited 9 Jun 17:42]

Any high profile person that supports your club has to be seen as publicity (quote: any publicity is good publicity ). Prince William supports Villa and that helps to raise their profile so yes the more famous/celebrities/leaders of industry that support us the better.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 20:25 - Jun 9 with 382 viewsgrumpy

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 20:04 - Jun 9 by Bridders2

Any high profile person that supports your club has to be seen as publicity (quote: any publicity is good publicity ). Prince William supports Villa and that helps to raise their profile so yes the more famous/celebrities/leaders of industry that support us the better.

I'm sure Villa's profile is secure enough with or without Prince William.
As with Saints and Sunak.
Nothing personal with either, I believe Sunak was born in Southampton.
[Post edited 9 Jun 20:30]
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:25 - Jun 9 with 359 viewsSaintNick

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:15 - Jun 9 by saintmark1976

Nick, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the man who sits next to me, carpet bombing, Arsenal, Mr Starmer or Jimmy Saville does it?

Let’s keep it simple. Last Thursday Mr Sunak as our Prime Minister was representing us all in a non political capacity.

He more than anybody else other than perhaps the King, on our behalf, had a duty to honour this countries last few defenders of democracy. He failed.

It is my contention that not only does his failure reflect badly upon him personally but also our country and by implication Southampton F C with whom he has a significant past and currently ongoing association.

As previously stated my personal view is that I would be happy if Mr Sunak did not attend St Mary’s again. Others including your good self hold a different view. I respect that view but I’m sure you will forgive me if I don’t agree with it.

Whatever the opinion on Sunak and yes it relfected on him badly, you would have thought someone would have advised him, it has nothing to do with Southampton football club.

It was badly misjudged by Sunak, but it said more about his judgement to run the country than whether he should be allowed to attend a football match or not

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 23:07 - Jun 9 with 312 viewssaintmark1976

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:25 - Jun 9 by SaintNick

Whatever the opinion on Sunak and yes it relfected on him badly, you would have thought someone would have advised him, it has nothing to do with Southampton football club.

It was badly misjudged by Sunak, but it said more about his judgement to run the country than whether he should be allowed to attend a football match or not

Nick, over the last few days I’ve attempted to explain the reasons behind my personal opinion that Mr Sunak has brought disrepute to S F C. I stand full square by my views.

Some contributors to the debate have agreed with me, others have not. Throughout, I’ve stated that whilst not agreeing with them ( including yourself ) I respect their opinion.

On the whole it’s been a civilised discussion ( reflecting well on those use your Forum site ) about a subject to which I acknowledge there may be no definitive answer.

Put simply, I feel that it’s now time to put the matter to bed now with the old adage “ We are going to have to agree to disagree”. Hopefully you will feel the same.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 23:22 - Jun 9 with 302 viewsRon11

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:24 - Jun 8 by kentsouthampton

My 106 year old uncle was a D Day veteran. Today he explained to me why he is a big fan of Nigel Farage. He explained how he and Nigel have the same names, ideals and aspirations. He explained how he and Nigel share the same moral compass.

It’s the first time he has ever talked of his time in the S.S.

Southampton Supporters?
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:09 - Jun 10 with 279 viewssaint22

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:25 - Jun 9 by SaintNick

We all know he ain’t fit to run this country and thankfully have less than a month til he slopes back to his billionaire wife and their daily grind
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:12 - Jun 10 with 279 viewssaint22

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:36 - Jun 7 by Ron11

Their right to choose and the fact that they still have a right to choose was put in place by those on the beaches on D Day.
Not that the likes of Corbyn and Abbot would give a flying fu ck about that.

Oh please
And well worth the fight for Europe now right….?
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:14 - Jun 10 with 278 viewssaint22

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 01:03 - Jun 8 by kentsouthampton

He can fkn talk
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 08:58 - Jun 10 with 241 viewsGRIM

A bigger insult to our great club would be if he left early from one of our matches to do a Party Political Broadcast.
But seriously he shouldn't have left early but that has absolutely nothing to do with our club.
Keep politics out of Sport.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 09:15 - Jun 10 with 224 viewsBridders2

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:09 - Jun 10 by saint22

We all know he ain’t fit to run this country and thankfully have less than a month til he slopes back to his billionaire wife and their daily grind

Aren't you always talking about your jet set lifestyle flying around the world (or is it bullsh*t) so why don't you get back to your rich wife and your daily grind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024