Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. 09:47 - Jun 7 with 3536 viewssaintmark1976

Mr Sunak left yesterday’s 80 year D Day commemorations in Normandy early to make a party political broadcast which is not to be shown until next Wednesday.

This morning Mr Sunak has had to publicly apologise for his lack of judgment and insensitivity in not staying to fully honour the few remaining D Day veterans and their families.

Veterans, whose bravery and courage literally helped secure for us the freedoms so many nowadays take for granted.

In the light of his actions yesterday, I personally would be delighted if in the future Mr Sunak wishes to attend at St Mary’s the club inform him that he is not welcome.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:01 - Jun 7 with 863 viewsBazza

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 18:53 - Jun 7 by Centurion

I would prefer it if we kept politics out of a football site.

I agree. Sunak grew up in Portswood and is a Saints fan. As far I know there’s no conditions attached to that but the politicos can’t resist a dig.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:10 - Jun 7 with 852 viewsdjsaint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:55 - Jun 7 by saintmark1976

djsaint, I don’t know what cancel culture is. Perhaps that’s because there are more days behind me than those ahead. Is the phrase one primarily used by younger people ?

What I do know is that my father and my uncles together with countless others of their generation served during the Second World War to secure our freedom from tyranny.

And Yes, I am offended when Mr Sunak appears to be unable to understand their sacrifices and places his personal political interests above his duty to properly represent our country. Is that reason enough to suggest that our club would be well served if he were not seen at St Mary’s again? In my opinion “ yes”. You may hold a different view, which I of course respect.

As to whether he is fit to lead the country. I will not comment personally, being happy to leave such a judgement to millions of others on July 4.

A bit of light reading that may or may not assist your understanding of the term:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancel_culture

Your statement “being happy to leave such a judgment to millions of others on 4th July” suggests you have no intention of voting?
Very surprising if that’s the case seeing that your father, uncles and countless others of their generation served during the 2nd world war to secure our freedom from tyranny which would include your right to vote!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:55 - Jun 7 with 813 viewskingslandstand1

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 18:53 - Jun 7 by Centurion

I would prefer it if we kept politics out of a football site.

Not much chance of that on here if there's a chance to have a did at Rishi & Co!
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 22:11 - Jun 7 with 790 viewsSouthamptonfan

Having watched a bit of tonight's debate, the two women of each party are much more interesting and charasmatic than the dull as dishwater male leaders. Farage said "Blair without the flair" 🤣

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 22:41 - Jun 7 with 773 viewssaintmark1976

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 21:10 - Jun 7 by djsaint

A bit of light reading that may or may not assist your understanding of the term:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancel_culture

Your statement “being happy to leave such a judgment to millions of others on 4th July” suggests you have no intention of voting?
Very surprising if that’s the case seeing that your father, uncles and countless others of their generation served during the 2nd world war to secure our freedom from tyranny which would include your right to vote!

Thanks for the info djsaint, every day is a school day as the saying goes.

Your concern for my voting intentions is heart warming although I can assure you that the conclusion you appear to have reached is the incorrect one.

If it helps put your mind at ease. I can confirm that it is my intention to vote on July 4 as I have done in the past at every opportunity given to me at more general elections than I care to remember.

Of course I’m happy to leave judgment on Mr Sunak to others. Collectively ( but obviously including my one vote) it is the judgement of millions that matter and not just my opinion. That’s how a democracy functions djsaint. It is indeed living proof of what my father, uncles and countless others of their generation served successfully to secure.

Thank you again for your concerns on my behalf and enjoy your weekend.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:08 - Jun 8 with 726 viewsdjsaint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 22:41 - Jun 7 by saintmark1976

Your concern for my voting intentions is heart warming although I can assure you that the conclusion you appear to have reached is the incorrect one.

If it helps put your mind at ease. I can confirm that it is my intention to vote on July 4 as I have done in the past at every opportunity given to me at more general elections than I care to remember.

Of course I’m happy to leave judgment on Mr Sunak to others. Collectively ( but obviously including my one vote) it is the judgement of millions that matter and not just my opinion. That’s how a democracy functions djsaint. It is indeed living proof of what my father, uncles and countless others of their generation served successfully to secure.

You state you’re happy to leave judgement on Mr Sunak to others, yet did just that in your initial post!
Having warmed your heart, my mind is now at ease 😊
Every weekend is what you make of it, as is life and I certainly enjoy mine 😎

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:17 - Jun 8 with 725 viewsChesham_Saint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 22:41 - Jun 7 by saintmark1976

For me, one of the joys of football is going to the pub and meeting people who you might not otherwise know . People from different walks of life and different experiences. I have football friends who are of very different political persuasions and I don’t give a fvck. What we all have in common is a love SFC. That’s the fun of it.

So all your hand wringing, pass the smelling salts bollocks about Sunak and Starmer is a load of bollocks. If I want to engage in that kind of puerile tosh I’ll pop down to my local students union.

Now, more importantly, what colour should our socks be next season?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:26 - Jun 8 with 722 viewsdjsaint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:17 - Jun 8 by Chesham_Saint

For me, one of the joys of football is going to the pub and meeting people who you might not otherwise know . People from different walks of life and different experiences. I have football friends who are of very different political persuasions and I don’t give a fvck. What we all have in common is a love SFC. That’s the fun of it.

So all your hand wringing, pass the smelling salts bollocks about Sunak and Starmer is a load of bollocks. If I want to engage in that kind of puerile tosh I’ll pop down to my local students union.

Nail on head 🔨

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 01:03 - Jun 8 with 701 viewskentsouthampton

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 01:03 - Jun 8 with 694 viewskentsouthampton

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 01:09 - Jun 8 with 685 viewssaintmark1976

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 00:17 - Jun 8 by Chesham_Saint

No problem Chesham Saint. We all have different views on what we regard as important, it’s what makes life interesting.

With great respect to you however, as someone who says he doesn’t want to engage in what he describes as puerile tosh, you have in fact contributed twice already.

As for the colour of next season’s socks. I can’t help you on that one and I don’t expect your local students union can either!

Enjoy your weekend.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 06:45 - Jun 8 with 633 viewskernow

Lots of World and European leaders , flags, the Ode to Joy being sung to the backdrop of Omaha Beach.

Mr Sunak’s advisers obviously thought it would be a vote winner for him to not be brought into disrepute by his association with such a spectacle. Let Lord Referendum stand in for him.

Questionable judgement considering that the main unifying principle for the British people is the universal pride, respect and gratitude that we hold for those who fought for our freedom.

Adieu Mr Sunak.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 07:26 - Jun 8 with 613 viewscocklebreath

I didn’t realise Pompey won the war until south today told me, well done skates another feather in your cap

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:24 - Jun 8 with 560 viewskentsouthampton

My 106 year old uncle was a D Day veteran. Today he explained to me why he is a big fan of Nigel Farage. He explained how he and Nigel have the same names, ideals and aspirations. He explained how he and Nigel share the same moral compass.

It’s the first time he has ever talked of his time in the S.S.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:44 - Jun 8 with 546 viewskernow

I can’t think why anyone would not take you seriously😐
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:42 - Jun 8 with 522 viewskingslandstand1

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 19:52 - Jun 7 by Butty101

No offense , but I find it hard to take you seriously . After all you are a Pompey fan pretending to be a Southampton supporter

Interesting no response to that last comment
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:45 - Jun 8 with 523 viewssaintmark1976

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:24 - Jun 8 by kentsouthampton

My 106 year old uncle was a D Day veteran. Today he explained to me why he is a big fan of Nigel Farage. He explained how he and Nigel have the same names, ideals and aspirations. He explained how he and Nigel share the same moral compass.

One of the best examples of the saying “ Humour is the universal solvent against the abrasive elements of life”. Lightened my day, thanks kentsouthampton.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:26 - Jun 8 with 500 viewsBazza

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:45 - Jun 8 by saintmark1976

One of the best examples of the saying “ Humour is the universal solvent against the abrasive elements of life”. Lightened my day, thanks kentsouthampton.

Not surprised by your family ancestry.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 08:18 - Jun 9 with 391 viewsSaintNick

Supporting a football club is not about who you are or what you do, it is about just being a supporter, some like Sunak are high profile.

But that doesn't make them the most evil person in the stadium, who knows what the person who sat next to you has done in his life.

If you asked everyone in the stadium to stand up who did not celebrate D Day because of our carpet bombing of German cities afterwards, a fair chunk would be standing for instance.

Sunak has not brought Southampton FC in disrepute anymore Keir Starmer brought Arsenal into disrepute when he was the head of the Crown Prosecution service at the time that Jimmy Saville and his like were not prosecuted.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:15 - Jun 9 with 349 viewssaintmark1976

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 08:18 - Jun 9 by SaintNick

Supporting a football club is not about who you are or what you do, it is about just being a supporter, some like Sunak are high profile.

But that doesn't make them the most evil person in the stadium, who knows what the person who sat next to you has done in his life.

If you asked everyone in the stadium to stand up who did not celebrate D Day because of our carpet bombing of German cities afterwards, a fair chunk would be standing for instance.

Sunak has not brought Southampton FC in disrepute anymore Keir Starmer brought Arsenal into disrepute when he was the head of the Crown Prosecution service at the time that Jimmy Saville and his like were not prosecuted.

Nick, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the man who sits next to me, carpet bombing, Arsenal, Mr Starmer or Jimmy Saville does it?

Let’s keep it simple. Last Thursday Mr Sunak as our Prime Minister was representing us all in a non political capacity.

He more than anybody else other than perhaps the King, on our behalf, had a duty to honour this countries last few defenders of democracy. He failed.

It is my contention that not only does his failure reflect badly upon him personally but also our country and by implication Southampton F C with whom he has a significant past and currently ongoing association.

As previously stated my personal view is that I would be happy if Mr Sunak did not attend St Mary’s again. Others including your good self hold a different view. I respect that view but I’m sure you will forgive me if I don’t agree with it.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:24 - Jun 9 with 339 viewskingslandstand1

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:15 - Jun 9 by saintmark1976

Nick, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the man who sits next to me, carpet bombing, Arsenal, Mr Starmer or Jimmy Saville does it?

Let’s keep it simple. Last Thursday Mr Sunak as our Prime Minister was representing us all in a non political capacity.

He more than anybody else other than perhaps the King, on our behalf, had a duty to honour this countries last few defenders of democracy. He failed.

It is my contention that not only does his failure reflect badly upon him personally but also our country and by implication Southampton F C with whom he has a significant past and currently ongoing association.

As previously stated my personal view is that I would be happy if Mr Sunak did not attend St Mary’s again. Others including your good self hold a different view. I respect that view but I’m sure you will forgive me if I don’t agree with it.

So it is genuinely nothing to do with the fact that he is the current Tory leader and not political in any way, as you have been quite vociferous in your feelings towards him in the past?
Oh, and I also agree he should not have left early as it looks bad on the country as a whole, although he did leave some othe tvvat in his place
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:33 - Jun 9 with 323 viewsSalisburySaint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:24 - Jun 8 by kentsouthampton

y
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:35 - Jun 9 with 321 viewsSalisburySaint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:15 - Jun 9 by saintmark1976

Doubt if we will back to St Mary’s often in the future, unless he comes back from California to visit his parents
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:37 - Jun 9 with 321 viewsdjsaint

Having Sunak as an active supporter of the club is far more of an asset than not!
Certainly far more of an asset than you or I!
Stop playing the politically motivated, moral high ground b*llox and remember “let he who is without sin cast the first stone”!

He certainly made a big error, move on!

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:28 - Jun 9 with 291 viewsgrumpy

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:37 - Jun 9 by djsaint

Having Sunak as an active supporter of the club is far more of an asset than not!
Certainly far more of an asset than you or I!
Stop playing the politically motivated, moral high ground b*llox and remember “let he who is without sin cast the first stone”!

He certainly made a big error, move on!

Why is it an asset?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024