Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! 14:09 - Jun 8 with 7900 viewsDiscodroids

We have at last surmounted the peak sawtooth waves of insanity in this country. I've never encountered this recent fashion in our pubs and clubs, and would piss all over it if i did. Luckily it hasn't reached Leigh on Sea and i can't imagine the natives round here putting up with it.

Just take a butchers at The pictures in the X account below which is dedicated to it. it's a new phenomenon. Pubs/ bars are not post office counters to pick up form lcx49kj or the medical center for your blood test results to see if you have a dose of crabs.

It blows my mind. The bar staff implore people not to queue and to address the bar in the normal fashion yet they continue to queue up in single file at the bar looking like cattle waiting for the firing pin of the bolt gun in a slum east end abbatoir. Docile , iron curtain queueing for-Baby-milk formulae colostomy bags ,that cant work out how to use a bar.

Takes ages to get served with single file queues going back out of the door while the unused bar staff wait idly behind the jump yelling at people not to queue. Yet still they Queue. FFS.

All Waiting in single file to be served their Madri like some tuberculosis drenched brat at the window of a Mr Whippy ice cream van for his 3 halfpence raspberry Jubbly.

Is it in your Local,? have seen this carcinogenic shit in your pub?. Just say no, and walk to the bar with your head held high. Name and shame!

[Post edited 8 Jun 15:13]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 18:57 - Jun 8 with 2097 viewsthame_hoops

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:25 - Jun 8 by Watford_Ranger

The current future Mrs Watford is a chef. So many people claim to have an allergy then see the food and decide they’ll have it anyway. It’s a massive ballache for a restaurant to ensure a dish can be created without your made-up allergen. Someone came in the other day and said they were allergic to garam masala but didn’t know which of the dozen ingredients in it they were allergic to. I hate people.

There’s a difference between having an allergy and being on a diet that doesn’t contain certain ingredients. My girlfriend is coeliac (gluten) and if the chefs can’t be arsed to explain what ingredients they use, they shouldn’t be in the kitchen imo.
Edit- not having a pop at your wife, obviously, some people really do get sick
[Post edited 8 Jun 19:01]
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 19:04 - Jun 8 with 2061 views222gers

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 18:18 - Jun 8 by CateLeBonR

There's only one thing more annoying than trying to buy a round in a Wetherspoon. That's having to queue up to try to buy a round in a Wetherspoon. I've only experienced it once in the William Morris a couple of months ago and gave it a minute before shrugging my shoulders and walking up to the bar like 50% of others. Causes more problems than it solves.

Top tip (s). I go into the William Morris in the ‘smith ( Hammersmith ) a few times a week. Not bad at all for Spoons.
I always sit in clear view of the bar and pounce when not busy. If they're very busy I buy two drinks at once then pounce as stated when clear.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 19:19 - Jun 8 with 2027 viewsDiscodroids

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 19:04 - Jun 8 by 222gers

Top tip (s). I go into the William Morris in the ‘smith ( Hammersmith ) a few times a week. Not bad at all for Spoons.
I always sit in clear view of the bar and pounce when not busy. If they're very busy I buy two drinks at once then pounce as stated when clear.

Magic!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 20:25 - Jun 8 with 1948 viewsWatford_Ranger

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 18:57 - Jun 8 by thame_hoops

There’s a difference between having an allergy and being on a diet that doesn’t contain certain ingredients. My girlfriend is coeliac (gluten) and if the chefs can’t be arsed to explain what ingredients they use, they shouldn’t be in the kitchen imo.
Edit- not having a pop at your wife, obviously, some people really do get sick
[Post edited 8 Jun 19:01]

Absolutely. Any decent restaurant takes allergies deadly seriously and can be in serious sht if they cause an adverse reaction. Hence people lying about allergies given the precautions they have to take in the middle of a busy service is incredibly annoying. Any decent chef can tell you every allergen in every dish and if people don’t like onion, for example, that can be taken into account but there’s a big leap from that to “if I eat a bit of onion I’ll be really ill”.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 20:39 - Jun 8 with 1914 viewshantssi

Best queue I got involved in was in an ex-miners club just outside Newcastle, Sunday lunchtime queuing outside at about 11.45, get in to join a post office style roped queuing system, staff working flat out, next one in line gets a drink!
Gone by about 12.30 when the rush died down - BRILLIANT!
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 21:46 - Jun 8 with 1796 viewsMrSheen

I thought this was a northern thing until I was in the Myllet Arms in Perivale before Christmas. Huge bar, lots of staff standing around doing nothing, but I was pointed to the queue at the far end.

I love the Spoons app, more to buy birthday drinks for my kids than anything else.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 00:33 - Jun 9 with 1700 viewsLogman

The most pointless queues I've seen are at the boarding gates at airports (more often than not before even the stewards/stewardesses are behind their counters ready to check boarding cards). Can anyone explain to me why people stand in those queues ? The seats are allocated, you're not going to get to sit anywhere nearer to the front if you stand at the front of the queue and you're not going to get off at the other end any quicker either. You go on holiday to unwind, not stand in a frigging queue to squeeze into a tin can faster than anyone else and be sat in your seat for half an hour longer than necessary waiting for everyone else to board ......
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 00:58 - Jun 9 with 1685 viewskensalriser

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 00:33 - Jun 9 by Logman

The most pointless queues I've seen are at the boarding gates at airports (more often than not before even the stewards/stewardesses are behind their counters ready to check boarding cards). Can anyone explain to me why people stand in those queues ? The seats are allocated, you're not going to get to sit anywhere nearer to the front if you stand at the front of the queue and you're not going to get off at the other end any quicker either. You go on holiday to unwind, not stand in a frigging queue to squeeze into a tin can faster than anyone else and be sat in your seat for half an hour longer than necessary waiting for everyone else to board ......

It's about fighting for overhead locker space. That and just being plain stupid.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 07:32 - Jun 9 with 1596 viewsstowmarketrange

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 00:58 - Jun 9 by kensalriser

It's about fighting for overhead locker space. That and just being plain stupid.

When I flew back from India in March there seemed to be more people in wheelchairs than not,and they all managed to get on the plane before us able bodied passengers.And they all seemed to have 2 or 3 family members with them too.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 08:29 - Jun 9 with 1544 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I walked out of the Grand Union on the canal a few years back, 2 deep at the bar while the one bar staff tried to figure out the coffee machine for the bloke who's ordered 3 coffees in a 'kin pub.

200 yards away the old Prince of Wales is a Costa.
I said "we're leaving", went to the old Station tavern, served in 30 seconds. The girl I was with is from Venezuela and said "much better pub".

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 08:56 - Jun 9 with 1516 viewsthame_hoops

Nah, if I’m sitting on a plane for 7 hours + I’ll stand up and queue to stretch my legs. If nobody queued the plane would never get boarded!
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 09:35 - Jun 9 with 1457 viewsClive_Anderson

One of my mates used to work in the student union bar and used to make sure he'd serve the quiet ugly blokes first and the hot women and loud posh rugby types last "see how they fcking like it for once".
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 10:27 - Jun 9 with 1402 viewsEsox_Lucius

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 08:29 - Jun 9 by Metallica_Hoop

I walked out of the Grand Union on the canal a few years back, 2 deep at the bar while the one bar staff tried to figure out the coffee machine for the bloke who's ordered 3 coffees in a 'kin pub.

200 yards away the old Prince of Wales is a Costa.
I said "we're leaving", went to the old Station tavern, served in 30 seconds. The girl I was with is from Venezuela and said "much better pub".

I was in the Grand Union one evening as part of a visiting pub quiz in the mid 90's when a commotion broke out in the car park. A glance out the nearest window showed 2 blokes going at each other with machete/ kukri type knives. Barman locked the doors whilst we waited for the police to turn up and offered those inside (around 25-30) a beer on the house.
The police were there inside 10 mins; I doubt that would be the case now.

The grass is always greener.

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 11:24 - Jun 9 with 1357 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 10:27 - Jun 9 by Esox_Lucius

I was in the Grand Union one evening as part of a visiting pub quiz in the mid 90's when a commotion broke out in the car park. A glance out the nearest window showed 2 blokes going at each other with machete/ kukri type knives. Barman locked the doors whilst we waited for the police to turn up and offered those inside (around 25-30) a beer on the house.
The police were there inside 10 mins; I doubt that would be the case now.

It was a great pub when it was the Carlton Bridge with 'Woody's' next door in the 90's.

Pool table, armchairs, jukebox and football on the telly. Majik.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 13:11 - Jun 9 with 1288 viewshubble

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 11:24 - Jun 9 by Metallica_Hoop

It was a great pub when it was the Carlton Bridge with 'Woody's' next door in the 90's.

Pool table, armchairs, jukebox and football on the telly. Majik.

I had a fair few mental nights in Woody's back in the day. I have never queued in a pub though.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 13:27 - Jun 9 with 1249 viewsDiscodroids

Sorry lads, Still laughing at that Picture from Reading. I don't know if it's the pub that makes them look like they are miserably queing up for a year zero calendar and fridge magnet at a Khmer rouge gift shop, or the fact that they live in Reading.

The poor bloke 3rd in line looks as happy as a CCCP 1960's space chimp strapped into the cockpit of a Voskhod rocket waiting to be shot into the kuiper belt .

you can almost smell the shit engorged happy shopper disposable nappies rotting in the pub bogs and the brats in their buggys screaming their typhus ridden lungs out at the mums and dads in the queue, for their 2% cod Fishfingers kiddies meal. Fk that.
[Post edited 9 Jun 13:28]

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 19:03 - Jun 9 with 1099 viewsSpaceman_P

This brings on a whole new meaning to the stereotype "The British Love to Queue"
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 19:26 - Jun 9 with 1086 viewshantssi

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 13:27 - Jun 9 by Discodroids

Sorry lads, Still laughing at that Picture from Reading. I don't know if it's the pub that makes them look like they are miserably queing up for a year zero calendar and fridge magnet at a Khmer rouge gift shop, or the fact that they live in Reading.

The poor bloke 3rd in line looks as happy as a CCCP 1960's space chimp strapped into the cockpit of a Voskhod rocket waiting to be shot into the kuiper belt .

you can almost smell the shit engorged happy shopper disposable nappies rotting in the pub bogs and the brats in their buggys screaming their typhus ridden lungs out at the mums and dads in the queue, for their 2% cod Fishfingers kiddies meal. Fk that.
[Post edited 9 Jun 13:28]

There’s even a bloke wearing a helmet, I’m guessing he’s queuing to pick up a Deliveroo!!
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 1021 viewsMyke

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 16:15 - Jun 8 by PlanetHonneywood

There are two things behind this in my view.

Firstly, post-Covid the hospitality sector has struggled to recruit staff. Therefore, I suspect many are having to manage queues in line with staff numbers, and single line might be their solution.

However, the second reason in my view, is the poor quality of 'trained' bar staff.

Worked as a a barman as a student, and the landlord taught and expected his staff to work the bar, manage the queuing customers, and not stand around looking vacant. We often served two at a time, and instead of trotting back and forth to the till to add up the round, we could instantly tell the punter what the round was and returned quickly with the change. Nowadays, staff can't add up, and how many times do you see them stood round the till waiting to use it.

Was in Ireland for a week, none of these issues, as better trained barstaff working.

Think it might be more of a continental thing being brought back from summer holidays than either of these, Planet.
Also, the British are very polite and patient so queuing would probably catch on better. Not so likely in Ireland, where even queue for checking in at the airport is usually as wide as it is long
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 10:59 - Jun 10 with 830 viewsloftboy

At Rhodes airport you get people standing before the plane as even arrived at the airport, funny thing is when you go through the gate, down the ramp, the plane is 30 yards away but here’s the twist, you have to get on a bus, so those people get on first but are last off the bus, to see their faces when they realise is priceless.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 12:30 - Jun 10 with 774 viewsLogman

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 10:59 - Jun 10 by loftboy

At Rhodes airport you get people standing before the plane as even arrived at the airport, funny thing is when you go through the gate, down the ramp, the plane is 30 yards away but here’s the twist, you have to get on a bus, so those people get on first but are last off the bus, to see their faces when they realise is priceless.

I know. It leads me to the conclusion that those in the queue are either desperate to get out of the airport terminal (to coup up in a tin can) or they've had a holiday from hell and are desperate to get back to the UK. Either way, it's not for me. Reverse speedy boarding and hand luggage under the seat in front if need be for me every time.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 12:33 - Jun 10 with 772 viewsLogman

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 09:35 - Jun 9 by Clive_Anderson

One of my mates used to work in the student union bar and used to make sure he'd serve the quiet ugly blokes first and the hot women and loud posh rugby types last "see how they fcking like it for once".

Well done him.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 12:52 - Jun 10 with 739 viewsNewYorkRanger

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 15:32 - Jun 8 by Mick_S

Can someone help me out here? Wtf is going on? When did this start?

Was it part of some trendy programme on the box and the arseholes are copying it in a Friends coffee shop stylee?

Some people need protection from themselves.

By the way, the bloke in Ayr has lots of bullets covering his arse crack.
[Post edited 8 Jun 15:34]

First time I saw it was just as we were coming out of Covid and I guess people were doing the old social distancing thing. It wound me up then and winds me right up now. I was in a pub in Reading recently and encountered this nonsense. As many have said on here already, the bar staff don't want this rubbish either. They were actively shouting at people to come to the bar but nobody would budge from the queue.

I went straight up to the counter and ordered a beer which encouraged a few groans and cries. I politely informed the (admittedly young in years) queue that I was old enough to have been in a pub before Covid and knew how pubs worked.

Shortly after that the queue dissipated and normal service was resumed.

Everybody cheered, bought me beers all night and carried me shoulder high around the pub.

(All true up to that last sentence)

Glory hunter, me

Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 13:21 - Jun 10 with 691 viewspeterlund_dk

40 years late, but George Orwell saw it coming.
Single file Queuing.. in pubs! on 13:37 - Jun 10 with 650 viewsKonk

I was out on a recent Thursday evening, which was the first day without rain for about 8 years, so anywhere with a beer garden was heaving. Went to the arranged pub and at one point there was a queue literally out of the door and a couple of metres down the street. Landlord appeared and asked everyone to stop queueing and just come to the bar, at which point things started to get a bit chaotic, with everyone pushed to get to the front.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024