Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? 19:00 - Apr 11 with 5669 viewsTomRAFC

given relegation is almost mathematically inevtiable on saturday do you feel you should be there to see the fall as a dale fan or do you just want to stay away and have it over and done with?

despite being an exile at the moment i felt a strange need to definantly be there for the sad event.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:04 - Apr 11 with 3685 viewsPDIDDY

pitch invasion?

Gissa job

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:06 - Apr 11 with 3672 viewsTomRAFC

i do have a small piece of san spotty turf from the day we clinched promotion i may aswell partner it with a more negative twin <---

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:07 - Apr 11 with 3669 viewsolympicdale

not missed many home games in my 11 supporting years but sadly got to a stage were I am saving my money for next season, too painful at the moment.

Life is a game of fate.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:14 - Apr 11 with 3643 viewsTalkingSutty

No, i am going to support the lads and hoping to see them win. The axe fell a few weeks ago so if its confirmed on Saturday i wont feel any different than i do today.

After 5 very good seasons we have just endured ONE very bad one, cant complain at those statistics really . Already looking forward to the retained list and then the pre-season friendlies. Up the Dale !!
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:16 - Apr 11 with 3634 viewsMoonyDale

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:14 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

No, i am going to support the lads and hoping to see them win. The axe fell a few weeks ago so if its confirmed on Saturday i wont feel any different than i do today.

After 5 very good seasons we have just endured ONE very bad one, cant complain at those statistics really . Already looking forward to the retained list and then the pre-season friendlies. Up the Dale !!

I concur, will be there to witness the demise of the past 5 seasons great work.....already looking forward to next season and can't wait to see the back of this one.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:18 - Apr 11 with 3631 viewschuckleberry

I wouldn't miss it for the world. In a morose way I'm looking forward to it, always wondered what relegation would feel like.

I'm about to find out
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:20 - Apr 11 with 3618 viewsD_Alien

The class thing to do would be to turn up and support the lads for 90+ minutes.

I just hope the side that JC selects is worthy of it!

Hilly tried his best to get rid of the "little Rochdale" mentality, but for me that was more about his own ego than about what our reality is. Plus it stood us in good stead for several decades and I reckon we need to see ourselves for what we are - a team from a poor town with a loyal but small fanbase that has just had a great run for our money over the past 5 years.

We can rise again, but we'll never be able to compete with the Sheffields of the football league world. The odd victory once in a while, such as the 2-0 against the wendies last season, somehow makes it all worthwhile.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:29 - Apr 11 with 3584 viewsukidale07

I will be going on saturday. Will still be cheering on the lads even though we will go down. In a weird way been wondering what it feels, like to be relegated. Either way am there Sat.
Login to get fewer ads

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:39 - Apr 11 with 3556 views442Dale

It'll be interesting to see who plays in the remaining games. Plus we don't really want to finish bottom.

Anyway, it's good to know we might not have seen the end of all the bloody messageboard managers on here, so get picking your preferred
team just in case:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/rochdale/s/1490945_ro

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 3548 viewsYouTubeDale

Ofcourse I'll be there - I can't stay away. The axe fell at the Tranmere game for me. I'll be looking for a good performance from the lads and hoping that we can see sparks from players who will perform for us next season. JC was raving about Tutte's performance yesterday. I don't see why we can't put in a spirited performance.

...and when Symes gets the ball make sure there is a Dale player running past him, at speed, in the direction of the goal. It's a simple game sometimes.

Up The Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:44 - Apr 11 with 3536 viewsdrand792

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:20 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

The class thing to do would be to turn up and support the lads for 90+ minutes.

I just hope the side that JC selects is worthy of it!

Hilly tried his best to get rid of the "little Rochdale" mentality, but for me that was more about his own ego than about what our reality is. Plus it stood us in good stead for several decades and I reckon we need to see ourselves for what we are - a team from a poor town with a loyal but small fanbase that has just had a great run for our money over the past 5 years.

We can rise again, but we'll never be able to compete with the Sheffields of the football league world. The odd victory once in a while, such as the 2-0 against the wendies last season, somehow makes it all worthwhile.

Here,here well said! Dale punched well above their weight last few yrs and we should all just enjoy it and move on now! When I walked out the stand at hillsborough and saw that ground last yr I realised wot dale where up against this season, we should be proud of last yr and wot we did on our budget,
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:53 - Apr 11 with 3506 viewsdalenumber2

I'll be there! I think we might sneak a win too! As long as the lads give it their best shot, like they did last night, I will be happy.
It's been a grim season, but it's not the end of the world and I am looking forward to a more realistic season with us competing well in div 2.
I wonder what will happen at the last match of the season - will the players walk round the pitch to be applauded ? If they do, I will applaud. No point in being bitter what is done is done and it's not really the players' fault.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:03 - Apr 11 with 3475 viewsSalwaDale

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:53 - Apr 11 by dalenumber2

I'll be there! I think we might sneak a win too! As long as the lads give it their best shot, like they did last night, I will be happy.
It's been a grim season, but it's not the end of the world and I am looking forward to a more realistic season with us competing well in div 2.
I wonder what will happen at the last match of the season - will the players walk round the pitch to be applauded ? If they do, I will applaud. No point in being bitter what is done is done and it's not really the players' fault.

We were talking about that one earlier. I find it hard to clap the players out of duty now. Too many of them that we have seen this season have not earnt that applause. A few have though and they will get my applause if they choose to walk round.

TBBT

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:12 - Apr 11 with 3461 viewspnc4eva1

The fact is that we have had good times for five years. Most supporters will turn up through thick and thin. Seeing Dale battle against relegation is not a new thing. However, it is only relegation back to League 2 not out pf the league. I don't care what others think we have never been little Rochdale in my eyes. I am proud to be a Dale fan and proud that we have constantly battled against the odds.

I will be there as I have in the past when the stakes were higher. Being a Dale fan isn't about glory. Its about being crap and still supporting them no matter what. I don't care about any other team, apart from St Johnstone (see previous reason)

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:13 - Apr 11 with 3459 viewsdrand792

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:03 - Apr 11 by SalwaDale

We were talking about that one earlier. I find it hard to clap the players out of duty now. Too many of them that we have seen this season have not earnt that applause. A few have though and they will get my applause if they choose to walk round.

I'd be embarrassed to walk round bein relegated with not an ounce of fight! Every other team down there has give them selves a chance now but we ain't ever showed the will to stay up
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:15 - Apr 11 with 3453 viewsSalwaDale

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:13 - Apr 11 by drand792

I'd be embarrassed to walk round bein relegated with not an ounce of fight! Every other team down there has give them selves a chance now but we ain't ever showed the will to stay up

Some players have tried.

TBBT

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:24 - Apr 11 with 3415 viewsdrand792

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:15 - Apr 11 by SalwaDale

Some players have tried.

I hope they all tried! No shame in not being good enough to stay up its just the lack of fight that's a let down for me this yr
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:28 - Apr 11 with 3402 viewsBartRowou

Despite the defeat, Coleman insisted the scoreline did not reflect the contest. "The scoreline will probably stick in the fans’ throats and cloud their judgement of what they thought of the game," he said. "They will probably be quick to point the finger and quick to slaughter people on the online message boards and they will be quick to character assassinate people."

Maybe JC's feeling the pressure but I don't think quotes like that will help him long-term. Maybe he doesn't know that tomorrow is the anniversary of our titanic double over Southampton. Yes, just a year ago, we managed to beat a top of the table team rather than sit back and accept getting an absolute battering which could easily have been more if they'd tried a bit harder in the second half.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:31 - Apr 11 with 3386 views442Dale

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:28 - Apr 11 by BartRowou

Despite the defeat, Coleman insisted the scoreline did not reflect the contest. "The scoreline will probably stick in the fans’ throats and cloud their judgement of what they thought of the game," he said. "They will probably be quick to point the finger and quick to slaughter people on the online message boards and they will be quick to character assassinate people."

Maybe JC's feeling the pressure but I don't think quotes like that will help him long-term. Maybe he doesn't know that tomorrow is the anniversary of our titanic double over Southampton. Yes, just a year ago, we managed to beat a top of the table team rather than sit back and accept getting an absolute battering which could easily have been more if they'd tried a bit harder in the second half.

He's been all too complimentary about the supporters since he's arrived so it was certainly from out of nowhere.

Also "message boards"? Plural? Where are the others and do they have as many Bury fans?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:34 - Apr 11 with 3369 viewsdrand792

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:28 - Apr 11 by BartRowou

That's exactly my point, how can you double a team like Southampton and it's no fluke could have lost both games easily, but had the fight and deserved the wins in the end! To be rolling over like we are now? Wot happened in 12 months?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:47 - Apr 11 with 3338 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:12 - Apr 11 by pnc4eva1

The fact is that we have had good times for five years. Most supporters will turn up through thick and thin. Seeing Dale battle against relegation is not a new thing. However, it is only relegation back to League 2 not out pf the league. I don't care what others think we have never been little Rochdale in my eyes. I am proud to be a Dale fan and proud that we have constantly battled against the odds.

I will be there as I have in the past when the stakes were higher. Being a Dale fan isn't about glory. Its about being crap and still supporting them no matter what. I don't care about any other team, apart from St Johnstone (see previous reason)

"I don't care what others think we have never been little Rochdale in my eyes. I am proud to be a Dale fan and proud that we have constantly battled against the odds"

That's what I mean by "little Rochdale" - constantly having to battle against the odds!!!

Not sure what you were thinking with that contradictory sentence?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:48 - Apr 11 with 3333 viewsstuartcryer

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:12 - Apr 11 by pnc4eva1

here here the true meaning of being a dale fan through rain or pour dale till i die.

wardle blue

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:03 - Apr 11 with 3295 viewsDaleView

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:34 - Apr 11 by drand792

That's exactly my point, how can you double a team like Southampton and it's no fluke could have lost both games easily, but had the fight and deserved the wins in the end! To be rolling over like we are now? Wot happened in 12 months?

Keith Hill & Dave Flitcroft left - that's what happened. And we should be asking why. Hilly said that Barnsley were a BIG club. He should know different now.
Wish he had read the history books (The Parkin & Robins stories would have helped).
So often do lower division managers try to aspire to the higher echelons of football only to find out that they have bitten off more than they can chew.
There appears to be no such thing as loyalty these days. Pity.
Let's hope that John Coleman & Co have a good start to next season in the "Rochdale Division".
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:09 - Apr 11 with 3286 viewsroccydaleian

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:14 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

Well said TS. We'll all be there Saturday and if we do go down, i hope i don't see any soft sods sobbin' . They'll get a slap.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:12 - Apr 11 with 3272 viewsClivert

That last paragraph will pretty much sum us all up who post on here. It's way that most of the players have just gone through the motions over the last few months that hurts the most. During the final few weeks of the Eyre era I kept banging on about how we had to get rid as we were going down with a whimper, Eyre then went and Beech came in, it became apparent that Beech couldn't lift the players, we then saw Coleman arrive and after a slight upturn and probably our most consistant spell of decent performance the same players reverted to 'couldn't give a toss' mode again.

I'd say that the players deserved to be booed when relegation is confirmed but it won't happen (the booing I mean not the relegation!).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024