Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lLower Loft should not be the family stand 20:03 - May 12 with 8336 viewstiberiuskirk

I believe strongly that the poor decision to make it so has cost the club in many ways, particularly in atmosphere this season, and Phil Beard having promised to look at the decision again at the fans forum clearly has decided to keep it so for next season. This again I believe is a mistake. Every club needs a hardcore very vocal home end, and the lower loft was just that. This season any singing started in and around R block just died very quickly, in the past it would carry right across the lower loft, and this would encourage other areas around the ground to join in making Loftus Rd feel like a fortress at times. The away fans on many occasions, including today have just taken the piss, and that hurts. I ask MR BEARD / MR FERNANDES think again !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:06 - May 12 with 4721 viewsGloucs_R

When was the Lower Loft "hardcore vocal"? The R block has been the most vocal part of the ground for at least a decade.

Poll: Are we staying up?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:10 - May 12 with 4702 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:06 - May 12 by Gloucs_R

When was the Lower Loft "hardcore vocal"? The R block has been the most vocal part of the ground for at least a decade.

When it was still standing in the Lower Loft it was by far and away the best place to be
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:13 - May 12 with 4691 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:06 - May 12 by Gloucs_R

As I have said above, singing started in and around ' R ' block spread across the lower loft, that happened zero times this season. And as many know ' R ' block became the home of many who started the singing who use to stand / sit in the lower loft before biatore sort of made it a family stand !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:14 - May 12 with 4687 viewsdanehoop

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:13 - May 12 by tiberiuskirk

As I have said above, singing started in and around ' R ' block spread across the lower loft, that happened zero times this season. And as many know ' R ' block became the home of many who started the singing who use to stand / sit in the lower loft before biatore sort of made it a family stand !!

I'd suggest you contact the club if you feel so strongly about it.

Never knowingly understood

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:20 - May 12 with 4656 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

the lower school end shouldnt be allowed to be used by tw*ts

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:21 - May 12 with 4651 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:14 - May 12 by danehoop

Hi Danehoop, we have been at them about this since we found out be ' twitter ' in the summer prior to this season starting that we were being thrown out to make way for the commercially failed idea of a family stand. It was brought up several times by fans at the the forum with phil beard also. I will continue to try to fight the decision because i firmly believe it to be a serious mistake.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:48 - May 12 with 4606 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:20 - May 12 by Kendo_Nagasaki

the lower school end shouldnt be allowed to be used by tw*ts

As Harry Redknapp said at the fans forum, the school end should be a home fans end, stick the away fans in the end blocks in Elles' !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:53 - May 12 with 4591 viewsroleybirkin

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:21 - May 12 by tiberiuskirk

Hi Danehoop, we have been at them about this since we found out be ' twitter ' in the summer prior to this season starting that we were being thrown out to make way for the commercially failed idea of a family stand. It was brought up several times by fans at the the forum with phil beard also. I will continue to try to fight the decision because i firmly believe it to be a serious mistake.

I think the changing of the Lower Loft was wrong on a number of counts.
1- QPR fans were not consulted, let alone LL season ticket holders. Fans were just told to pick a seat somewhere else in the ground. Some did not renew. Lost fans to QPR maybe forever.
2- Away fans have been reported in the LL. Games such as Liverpool and Man U away shirts could clearly be seen. Wrong on every level.
3- Today summed up the failure of 'The Family Stand'. Empty seats for us all to see. Galling for those forced to move seats. I am guessing the club has either lost revenue of parents just choose not to bring their kids. And be clear the rules do not state that your children have to attend. You in effect just get more room and less QPR fans get to attend.
4- And here's one that no-one at the club obviously noticed. Lets give children the best seats in the stadium. Yes, let's give kids the best leg room in the house..... Jokers.
5- And by the same token, lets give away fans a complete end at times to outsing out family stand. Even Harry voiced his surprise at this fact at a recent fans forum.
6- And again, by the same token, lets give adult QPR fans poorer leg room in the Upper Loft and Ellerslie Road stands. Actually, the ER stand is a disgrace and borders health and safety regulations in every way.

Away fans should have one end of the Ellerslie Road. It has access in and out of the stadium and is such a wreck of a stand it is not fit for QPR fans when other stands are better suited.
QPR fans should have both ends and that really would help QPR fans outsing away fans.
That way the Family Stand can stay where it is and QPR (home) fans can sit behind a goal as is traditional in this country.
Login to get fewer ads

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:04 - May 13 with 4429 viewsSomersetHoops

For quite a few years I used to get to the ground early and pay at the turnstiles for the lower loft as did many fans before the all-seater came in. The whole of the loft end of the ground was fiecely QPR and the support for the team came from that end. The singing at R Block seemed to be quite random and various people started new songs there, which if considered good enough, would be taken up by most at that end of the ground. Mainly though it was just clear from the whoops and groans in the loft that the real supporters of the club were there and were willing the team to win.

Since the all seater introduction it seemed to become less passionate and the introduction of the family area there has lost the old atmosphere almost completely. When it was standing in the loft there were a large number of young people there and I used to take my son and one or two of his mates from about eight years old. I told them they would hear swearing, but they weren't allowed to swear themselves (even if I did). I considered it part of their education and don't think we ever encountered anything but excellent behaviour from our fellow fans who always allowed youngsters down the front so their view was clear. In those days opposing fans in their regalia had a hard time of it if they were in the loft and if they showed up at the loft turnstiles wearing an opposition shirt they were told to find a more appropriate part of the ground.

I know its fashionable to have designated family areas, but if we must have that at LR the loft is not the place for it. Phil Beard has come into the club and without regard to the history of the club or proper consultation with the fans, has made a decision which has reduced the ability of proper fans to support their club. Despite many people telling him this decision is wrong it seems he will not accept this mistake and correct it. Its just another example of how little he knows about football and despite the publicity-speak, how little he really cares about QPR fans.

As far as I can tell, Beard is only at the club to be involved with the new ground we keep hearing about and keeps saying the fans will be consulted about its configuration, while at the same time saying he wants to reproduce the atmosphere of Loftus Road there. I don't have much confidence in what he considers to be consultation with the fans and I presume he will consider it right to reproduce another sanitised family area at the QPR end of the new ground as he thinks that was such a good idea at Loftus Road.

Who's Next?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:16 - May 13 with 4423 viewsStanisgod

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:14 - May 12 by danehoop

Already did when we got kicked out last season after having that seat for 10 years as apparently me and Stan junior aren't a family, despite letting others stay. They didn't give a flying .

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:20 - May 13 with 4411 viewsStanisgod

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:04 - May 13 by SomersetHoops

For quite a few years I used to get to the ground early and pay at the turnstiles for the lower loft as did many fans before the all-seater came in. The whole of the loft end of the ground was fiecely QPR and the support for the team came from that end. The singing at R Block seemed to be quite random and various people started new songs there, which if considered good enough, would be taken up by most at that end of the ground. Mainly though it was just clear from the whoops and groans in the loft that the real supporters of the club were there and were willing the team to win.

Since the all seater introduction it seemed to become less passionate and the introduction of the family area there has lost the old atmosphere almost completely. When it was standing in the loft there were a large number of young people there and I used to take my son and one or two of his mates from about eight years old. I told them they would hear swearing, but they weren't allowed to swear themselves (even if I did). I considered it part of their education and don't think we ever encountered anything but excellent behaviour from our fellow fans who always allowed youngsters down the front so their view was clear. In those days opposing fans in their regalia had a hard time of it if they were in the loft and if they showed up at the loft turnstiles wearing an opposition shirt they were told to find a more appropriate part of the ground.

I know its fashionable to have designated family areas, but if we must have that at LR the loft is not the place for it. Phil Beard has come into the club and without regard to the history of the club or proper consultation with the fans, has made a decision which has reduced the ability of proper fans to support their club. Despite many people telling him this decision is wrong it seems he will not accept this mistake and correct it. Its just another example of how little he knows about football and despite the publicity-speak, how little he really cares about QPR fans.

As far as I can tell, Beard is only at the club to be involved with the new ground we keep hearing about and keeps saying the fans will be consulted about its configuration, while at the same time saying he wants to reproduce the atmosphere of Loftus Road there. I don't have much confidence in what he considers to be consultation with the fans and I presume he will consider it right to reproduce another sanitised family area at the QPR end of the new ground as he thinks that was such a good idea at Loftus Road.

Why don't you just print off this post and send it to Beard, it says everything.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:22 - May 13 with 4407 viewsdaveB

I still think the lower loft is the only viable place for a family stand, best facilities, the Nintendo's in the bar for kids to play on, plenty of food stands and no crushes, you couldn't do it in any other area of the ground. it's also been the family stand for almost a decade now and never affected the atmosphere in our promotion year or last season.

The atmosphere argument is redundant imo, the atmosphere has been crap all over the ground this season and the Lower Loft has hardly been a place for atmosphere for over ten years now, that all comes from the corner of the upper loft/ellerslie.

The problem the club made and continue to make though is confusing family with children and moving people with no consultation was a dreadful move. I still think they have it all wrong and would make the wings of the stand families with kids only and the middle section families which would include everyone else. It's not really clear how it will work next season though.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:23 - May 13 with 4406 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:04 - May 13 by SomersetHoops

Spot on.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:32 - May 13 with 4391 viewsBucks_Ranger

I was ousted as well for the family stand, season ticket holder in Lower loft for 12years - I was told there was nothing I could do about it but pick a seat elsewhere, i have sat everywhere in the ground over the years and the Lower Loft was 'where its at for me'
When I re-checked if I could sit anywhere and suggested them put me in the Platinum stand (i was just chancing here), I was as expected told in no uncertain terms this was not an option.

I subsequently never re-newed as was unhappy having to sit elsewhere and am now a member only.
A mate who sat next to me for the same amout of years, moved to the upper loft (reluctantly) and after 1 season also decided not to renew again.
So theres' two seaon ticket holders gone because of Beard's insistance of this clearly foolish (half empty)family stand!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:35 - May 13 with 4371 viewsSomersetHoops

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:22 - May 13 by daveB

I still think the lower loft is the only viable place for a family stand, best facilities, the Nintendo's in the bar for kids to play on, plenty of food stands and no crushes, you couldn't do it in any other area of the ground. it's also been the family stand for almost a decade now and never affected the atmosphere in our promotion year or last season.

The atmosphere argument is redundant imo, the atmosphere has been crap all over the ground this season and the Lower Loft has hardly been a place for atmosphere for over ten years now, that all comes from the corner of the upper loft/ellerslie.

The problem the club made and continue to make though is confusing family with children and moving people with no consultation was a dreadful move. I still think they have it all wrong and would make the wings of the stand families with kids only and the middle section families which would include everyone else. It's not really clear how it will work next season though.

Its been nothing like ten years although they may have been working towards it for that long and as to where it should be; its a question of what is most important atmosphere and encouraging fans to support the team or convenience. The club has spent a considerable amount in changing the seats, when there was nothing wrong that I could see (apart from a bit of colour fading) with the old ones. I would rather (after proper consultation) they put the family area with any necessary facilities somewhere else.

Who's Next?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:39 - May 13 with 4364 viewsSomersetHoops

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:20 - May 13 by Stanisgod

Why don't you just print off this post and send it to Beard, it says everything.

I think better people than me have tried to persuade him and failed. Anyway if he's interested in the club in the way he should be, he should be reading our forum - or more likely have someone reading it for him. Feel free to add your own comments and send it on to him if you think he'll take any notice.

Who's Next?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:45 - May 13 with 4364 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:35 - May 13 by SomersetHoops

Its been nothing like ten years although they may have been working towards it for that long and as to where it should be; its a question of what is most important atmosphere and encouraging fans to support the team or convenience. The club has spent a considerable amount in changing the seats, when there was nothing wrong that I could see (apart from a bit of colour fading) with the old ones. I would rather (after proper consultation) they put the family area with any necessary facilities somewhere else.

I moved down to the lower loft in 2008 and it was already a family stand then.

where could they put it if it moved? It makes sense to leave it where it is but the problem was the way they enforced it which was unnecessary. To move people out and put them off renewing this year is clearly a massive mistake.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:54 - May 13 with 4355 viewsLowerloftLad

Last season everyone was booing and hissing and shocking some of the premier league teams. Tottenham sticks in my mind walker snapping at the fans and bale having to come into the stand to revive dogs abuse it shock them up . and it must have been a horrible place to come and try to get points. What did they get this season a few kids and them silly clappers.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:57 - May 13 with 4351 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:54 - May 13 by LowerloftLad

Last season everyone was booing and hissing and shocking some of the premier league teams. Tottenham sticks in my mind walker snapping at the fans and bale having to come into the stand to revive dogs abuse it shock them up . and it must have been a horrible place to come and try to get points. What did they get this season a few kids and them silly clappers.

to be fair has there been a game this season to create that kind of atmosphere as Spurs last season? I'm still sat with a lot of the same people who were going mad in that Spurs game and we've sat back bored all season.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:06 - May 13 with 4344 viewsstowmarketrange

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 10:45 - May 13 by daveB

I moved down to the lower loft in 2008 and it was already a family stand then.

where could they put it if it moved? It makes sense to leave it where it is but the problem was the way they enforced it which was unnecessary. To move people out and put them off renewing this year is clearly a massive mistake.

The paddocks are the logical place for the family stand apart from being open to the elements.But they are no worse than the front 7 rows of the loft.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:09 - May 13 with 4339 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:06 - May 13 by stowmarketrange

The paddocks are the logical place for the family stand apart from being open to the elements.But they are no worse than the front 7 rows of the loft.

but then you have to move everyone out of the paddocks
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:11 - May 13 with 4336 viewsGloucs_R

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:09 - May 13 by daveB

Make the School end home fans only
Move away fans into the last two blocks of Ellerslie

Poll: Are we staying up?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:11 - May 13 with 4332 viewsMarc

Good post Somerset
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:15 - May 13 with 4325 viewsLowerloftLad

If they had beaten Aston villa then it would have been Wigan

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:19 - May 13 with 4321 viewsstowmarketrange

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 11:09 - May 13 by daveB

Unfortunately one stand has to be changed to accommodate a family stand.The people being moved out of the paddocks could have a similar seat in Ellerslie Rd for a reduced silver price for the duration of our remaining time at Loftus Rd.
How many seats are there in the paddocks?A lot of kids are in there already,so I don't suppose it would more than a couple of hundred forced to move.
There isn't an answer that would please everyone,but it would inconvenience less by using the paddocks in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024