Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny 22:20 - Oct 8 with 4344 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53066/potential-saints-o

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 22:27 - Oct 8 with 3775 viewsdirk_doone

At last! An owner who sees on the field success as the priority rather than just having a sustainable business model ticking over. We've been waiting for an owner like this for 135 years.

"We're not overly concerned if a club is losing money, particularly in the Covid-19 environment," DaGrosa tells CNN Sport.

"We understand the world has changed but we want to make sure that the club is positioned for on-field success which will ultimately lead to financial success."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/07/football/joseph-dagrosa-football-investment-p

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 22:31 - Oct 8 with 3775 viewsSaintNick

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 22:27 - Oct 8 by dirk_doone

At last! An owner who sees on the field success as the priority rather than just having a sustainable business model ticking over. We've been waiting for an owner like this for 135 years.

"We're not overly concerned if a club is losing money, particularly in the Covid-19 environment," DaGrosa tells CNN Sport.

"We understand the world has changed but we want to make sure that the club is positioned for on-field success which will ultimately lead to financial success."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/07/football/joseph-dagrosa-football-investment-p

Word of caution, so lending Saints big money for transfers is fine, until things dont work out and the owner doesnt want to invest any more.

Fans want success, but personally I want a model as Fenway sports did when buying Liverpool, about steady growth and generating income as a business.

It is chicken & egg situation, what do you need first success on the field or stability off it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 00:00 - Oct 9 with 3684 viewsthissceptredsaint

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 22:31 - Oct 8 by SaintNick

Word of caution, so lending Saints big money for transfers is fine, until things dont work out and the owner doesnt want to invest any more.

Fans want success, but personally I want a model as Fenway sports did when buying Liverpool, about steady growth and generating income as a business.

It is chicken & egg situation, what do you need first success on the field or stability off it

on-field success which will ultimately lead to financial success."

That's what he thinks. Get the product right first and it will sell itself.
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 07:47 - Oct 9 with 3565 viewsButty101

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 22:31 - Oct 8 by SaintNick

We have had these words about growing the Southampton “franchise “ for at least a decade. It’s had next to no impact. Unless you have success the rest of the world barely registers clubs outside the top 6.
The model of polishing turds hasn’t worked for a long time(with the exception of Ings)Unless we find a genuine owner willing to pump money in, relegation is very likely sooner than later.

Edit I don’t want this guy anywhere near saints
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 7:49]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 09:15 - Oct 9 with 3486 viewsDorsetIan

Pumping in crazy money is likely to lead to failure. But pumping in no money will also lead to failure.

Like any business, an owner need to balance solvency with growth and competing with the opposition.

Perfectly possible for a new owner to invest sensibly to take the club to the next level.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 09:26 - Oct 9 with 3462 viewsChesham_Saint

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 09:15 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

Pumping in crazy money is likely to lead to failure. But pumping in no money will also lead to failure.

Like any business, an owner need to balance solvency with growth and competing with the opposition.

Perfectly possible for a new owner to invest sensibly to take the club to the next level.

There’s also the financial fair play regs, or are they pretty much meaningless given the way the likes of PSG and Man City seem to dance around them?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 09:46 - Oct 9 with 3441 viewsSonicBoom

It doesn't excite me to be honest.
From what I've read it's not going to be his money, somehow he is going to raise finance which usually means that his company - and subsequently Saints - will owe money to third parties.

It's all very well making promises about on field success and investing in players, but that only lasts so long. What many fail to understand is that spending huge amounts may insulate you from relegation, but, it does not guarantee success. What happens when they've spent 300 million and there is no real success - investors appetite to throw in another 300 million soon starts to wane and then where would we be.

I would be excited if it were someone like the City owners - more money than god and willing to spend indefinitely to get success. In the meantime they invest in their infrastructure and rebuilding areas of Manchester.
Or even Abramovich who spends his money and is clearly in for the long haul even if Chelsea aren't winning.
In football you need owners who will spend but understand there may be no pay back, and even invest with their heart not their head. You can buy an ailing business, put in good process and good people and turn it around so your investors are happy.
Football isn't like that. Your superstar striker can do his ligaments on his debut and that can blow your season. This guy wants to build a Man City style empire but he doesn't seem to have the billions pf pounds it will take.
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 09:58 - Oct 9 with 3431 viewsDorsetIan

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 09:26 - Oct 9 by Chesham_Saint

There’s also the financial fair play regs, or are they pretty much meaningless given the way the likes of PSG and Man City seem to dance around them?

Those regs seem pretty technical to me. I'm sure they provide some limit on crazy spending but my understanding is that they allow for a little more investment than our self-imposed 'self-sustaining' model (which for me is just an excuse for Gao's inability to get cash to us (for whatever reason)).

Login to get fewer ads

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 10:57 - Oct 9 with 3357 viewsfranniesTache

If I had to guess from what i've seen it seems this guy has set up a new company as a shell for outside investment to support a purchase.

Looks like he's set up a holding company used as a shell to purchase saints but to leverage debt to do it, all of which sounds really f*cking sh*t to me.

Also this video really doesn't fill me with any confidence at all about his desires on the club, if you listen to him speak he's worryingly candid about his plans here, lots of talk as clubs as a proxy agent to other football markets, about giving a return on investment to shareholders in about 18-24 months and buying clubs for their online presence. I can't say i'm particularly enamoured by the guy and it sounds pretty damaging to the club.

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:01 - Oct 9 with 3344 viewsButty101

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 10:57 - Oct 9 by franniesTache

If I had to guess from what i've seen it seems this guy has set up a new company as a shell for outside investment to support a purchase.

Looks like he's set up a holding company used as a shell to purchase saints but to leverage debt to do it, all of which sounds really f*cking sh*t to me.

Also this video really doesn't fill me with any confidence at all about his desires on the club, if you listen to him speak he's worryingly candid about his plans here, lots of talk as clubs as a proxy agent to other football markets, about giving a return on investment to shareholders in about 18-24 months and buying clubs for their online presence. I can't say i'm particularly enamoured by the guy and it sounds pretty damaging to the club.

Couldnt agree more - we dont need another shyster with no money

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:01 - Oct 9 with 3344 viewsJaySaint

queue lots of people getting moist with his grand vision of us breaking into t he Top 4.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:07 - Oct 9 with 3332 viewsfranniesTache

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:01 - Oct 9 by Butty101

Couldnt agree more - we dont need another shyster with no money

He seems like a much worse Rupert Lowe to me, really not convinced now is the time we need to be owned by a hedge fund and debt management company backed yank who's got no real interest in football
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:11 - Oct 9 with 3331 viewsDorsetIan

My take: He comes across as pretty straight. Certainly, being very candid about what he does and what he's looking for.

Why do you think think he would be damaging to the club? Isn't one of the quirks of football investment that unless the club prospers on the field, there can pretty quick negative returns for an investor?

The example of SISU at Coventry in terms of a private equity investors is obviously not a good one but they took over after Coventry had been relegated and then made a series of overly aggressive decisions in relation to The Ricoh.

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:22 - Oct 9 with 3312 viewsChesham_Saint

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:07 - Oct 9 by franniesTache

He seems like a much worse Rupert Lowe to me, really not convinced now is the time we need to be owned by a hedge fund and debt management company backed yank who's got no real interest in football

I agree, from the evidence so far there doesn't seem to be a compelling case for enthusiasm...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:40 - Oct 9 with 3295 viewsfranniesTache

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:11 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

My take: He comes across as pretty straight. Certainly, being very candid about what he does and what he's looking for.

Why do you think think he would be damaging to the club? Isn't one of the quirks of football investment that unless the club prospers on the field, there can pretty quick negative returns for an investor?

The example of SISU at Coventry in terms of a private equity investors is obviously not a good one but they took over after Coventry had been relegated and then made a series of overly aggressive decisions in relation to The Ricoh.

Combination of things really, his talk of clubs as proxies and his obvious intent on the digital stuff doesn't make me feel like he really gives a f*ck about the club, it's history, it's fans and it's place in the local community.

Also his track record at Bordeaux isn't exactly great, and having met a few of these American "growth investors" in my work they're some of the least trustworthy people i've ever worked with.
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 12:41 - Oct 9 with 3243 viewsdwayne_dibley

so what shape balls?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 13:28 - Oct 9 with 3175 viewsThermosNBlanket

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 11:11 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

Have a read of mess they left Bordeaux in - millions in debt sold Crown Jewels although we only have one anyway :-)

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 14:15 - Oct 9 with 3129 viewsDorsetIan

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 13:28 - Oct 9 by ThermosNBlanket

Have a read of mess they left Bordeaux in - millions in debt sold Crown Jewels although we only have one anyway :-)

Had a quick look online but couldn't find anything of substance. Very interested to read about it if you could point me to some links. Thanks.

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 14:39 - Oct 9 with 3090 viewsThermosNBlanket

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 14:15 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

Had a quick look online but couldn't find anything of substance. Very interested to read about it if you could point me to some links. Thanks.

Sorry was trying to find posts but behind paywalls now - a number from Bordeaux fans saying don’t touch or let them near.
It was a bit on SaintsWeb too.
Basically they mortgaged lots sold all best players left with huge debts

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 14:51 - Oct 9 with 3079 viewsDorsetIan

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 14:39 - Oct 9 by ThermosNBlanket

Sorry was trying to find posts but behind paywalls now - a number from Bordeaux fans saying don’t touch or let them near.
It was a bit on SaintsWeb too.
Basically they mortgaged lots sold all best players left with huge debts

No worries. Thanks for looking.

Doesn't sound good!

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 20:06 - Oct 9 with 2943 viewskingolaf

Would be worse than Gao.

Adam Blackmore said this was a load of rubbish a little while back.
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 22:22 - Oct 9 with 2862 viewsPoirot

Will never pass the PL test.
Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 01:54 - Oct 10 with 2783 viewsScoot

I thought that was an honest and open speech. He said sport is a long term investment possibly 20 years but 5 -10 in reality. I'd be happy with that. Goa has had three and we are still blowing in the wind. Looking up now though but that's down to Ralph's management not Goas money and electric personality.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 13:17 - Oct 10 with 2569 viewsThermosNBlanket

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 14:15 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

Have a read here from Bordeaux fans

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 18:43 - Oct 10 with 2446 viewsDorsetIan

Potential Saints Owner Registers UK Comapny on 13:17 - Oct 10 by ThermosNBlanket

Have a read here from Bordeaux fans

Thanks, I will. I’m intrigued now to find out what happened at Bordeaux.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024