Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. 22:05 - Feb 2 with 2177 viewsSaintsforeverj

A load of youngsters on the pitch, 3 players leave in the transfer window and another record defeat. VAR has spoilt the game and its terrible but don't go Ralph. If only the club could see what we knew was coming. That's why fans wanted players brought in! The reason was on the pitch.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 22:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 1710 viewsButty101

Ralph has to take a lot of responsibility for that result. The put out wasn’t great but shouldn’t be getting spanked that easy. If you think the sending of made that much difference then that’s Bol ix
On the bright side the big clubs won’t be sniffing round him

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:25 - Feb 2 with 1684 viewsfranniesTache

Lose 9-0 once you can just about get away with it.

Twice and you go.

No excuse. No questions. Sack him now.
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:40 - Feb 2 with 1593 viewsSaintsforeverj

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:25 - Feb 2 by franniesTache

Twice and you go.

The problem is you could get another Pellegrino, or a Hughes. They might not lose by 9, but none of them gave us much to cheer. Ralph has at times. But ultimately, whoever is in charge, we suffer as fans every single year.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 22:41]

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:41 - Feb 2 with 1589 viewsTripleNiemi

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:25 - Feb 2 by franniesTache

Twice and you go.

He may well consider walking himself....

Seriously though, aren't we skint / losing £3m a month?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:46 - Feb 2 with 1559 viewsCenturion

Hope you are on a wind up!

We need to beat Newcastle and get some players back from injury before judging the manager.

Tonight, everything that could go wrong di go wrong.
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:48 - Feb 2 with 1541 viewsIngskneeslide

Twice and you go.

Good luck finding anyone who can get anything better out of this team pal. 9-0 hurts but look at the bigger picture
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:50 - Feb 2 with 1528 viewskingslandstand1

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:41 - Feb 2 by TripleNiemi

He may well consider walking himself....

Seriously though, aren't we skint / losing £3m a month?

Watching that interview I'm thinking he may well do. Without doubt he's been let down by the board, even if he cannot buy, get some loanees in when desperate and we are at the moment
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:51 - Feb 2 with 1515 viewsTripleNiemi

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:48 - Feb 2 by Ingskneeslide

Good luck finding anyone who can get anything better out of this team pal. 9-0 hurts but look at the bigger picture

Be absolutely mad to get rid of the manager. I just hope he doesn't use this as a viable reason to walk himself.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:56 - Feb 2 with 1482 viewsSonicBoom

I'm fuming and RH has to take the blame. He had enough players to change formation and not put two kids in the starting line up. He chose that.
Also his team were spineless to a level only seem 3 times before and one of those was his team again!!
We learned nothing and we are a national laughing stock again. Anyone else would have made certain we didn't lose like that again.
Even Adam Blackmore said...
'Even with injuries & an early red card, #saintsfc shouldn’t be losing 9-0 again - ever

Yes, Martial got Bednarek sent-off, yes Adams goal was disallowed, but it was already 4-0 by then & the defending had been poor '.

I'm sorry but if RH gets praised to being top of the league he is also culpable for this crap.
I do NOT want him sacked or walking, but he cannot escape blame for yet another embarrassing catastrophe just because he is a nice bloke. If Puel did it, he'd be hounded out the club.
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:01 - Feb 2 with 1456 viewsTripleNiemi

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:56 - Feb 2 by SonicBoom

I'm fuming and RH has to take the blame. He had enough players to change formation and not put two kids in the starting line up. He chose that.
Also his team were spineless to a level only seem 3 times before and one of those was his team again!!
We learned nothing and we are a national laughing stock again. Anyone else would have made certain we didn't lose like that again.
'Even with injuries & an early red card, #saintsfc shouldn’t be losing 9-0 again - ever

Yes, Martial got Bednarek sent-off, yes Adams goal was disallowed, but it was already 4-0 by then & the defending had been poor '.

I'm sorry but if RH gets praised to being top of the league he is also culpable for this crap.
I do NOT want him sacked or walking, but he cannot escape blame for yet another embarrassing catastrophe just because he is a nice bloke. If Puel did it, he'd be hounded out the club.

So sack him then.

Next question - who do we replace him with and where is the cash coming from to pay another manager?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:02 - Feb 2 with 1452 viewsRipleys_revenge

Unbelievable that the question of Ralph being sacked has even arisen.

Consider that Jack Stephens is the only non-injured or suspended centre back at the club.
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:04 - Feb 2 with 1443 viewsDorsetIan

The manager is obviously not the problem. He has shown what he can get out of good players.

The problem is the depth of qualify in the squad and the fact that for how many windows now we haven't invested.

What does a team usually do when down to 10 men? It takes off a striker and brings on someone experienced, unexciting, but solid to sure up the midfield. And tonight we couldn't because there was no one remotely fitting that bill on the bench.

And all I could hear ringing in my ears during the second half was all the people apologising for Gao and how he really is very good for the club, and how we need to balance the books, and how the latest transfer window was really a success. Utter bollox.

The lack of investment, the failure to properly strengthen, the fact that no one really impressive has been coming through from the academy. The writing has been on the wall in big bold letters for a while and Ralph and the first team's have been papering over the cracks by performing so well.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:06 - Feb 2 with 1434 viewsBicester_North

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:56 - Feb 2 by SonicBoom

This is a weird situation to say the least. Calendar year 2020 was one of the best Saints ever had. Topped the prem, We beat Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and knocked Arsenal out the cup.

But either side of that two of the most embarrassing capitulations ever witnessed in football.

The anger inside says we can’t stick with a manager who loses 2 games 9-0, it’s always going to hang over him and the club until a change is made.

Can confidence really be regained by him and the players after this?

On the other hand, I can’t think of anybody else who could’ve got more points with what we have.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:16 - Feb 2 with 1394 viewsdirk_doone

It's a real shame there will be no Saints fans at our next few games, because we would have shown Ralph and the team, just how much we are behind them. They'd have got some of the loudest support they'd ever had. We all saw what Dean did to them and share the sense of injustice they must feel.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 23:17]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:19 - Feb 2 with 1374 viewsSaintsforeverj

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:16 - Feb 2 by dirk_doone

It's a real shame there will be no Saints fans at our next few games, because we would have shown Ralph and the team, just how much we are behind them. They'd have got some of the loudest support they'd ever had. We all saw what Dean did to them and share the sense of injustice they must feel.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 23:17]

But you should also call out Jankewitz for that career ending tackle. He shouldnt have been on the pitch and wouldn't have been, had Long been here.

But I agree. Ralph would probably be supported. The ref was terrible, VAR was terrible but Arsenal also went down to 9 men tonight and have injuries.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 23:21]

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:21 - Feb 2 with 1361 viewsdarthvader

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 22:51 - Feb 2 by TripleNiemi

Be absolutely mad to get rid of the manager. I just hope he doesn't use this as a viable reason to walk himself.

A few weeks ago we beat the champions , a few weeks later we knocked out the holders of the f.a.cup .

This is a fluke result ,there was cheating going on tonight . We have so many players out a hammering was on the cards with 11 men let alone 9
i was hoping for a football lockdown like last season so our players could come back fit and strong .

The club and the team will get over this , and Ralph is the man to get us to the end of the season with some pride back .

When our key players are back we will get the results to help erase this sick horrid feeling .

The club needs to make a serious complaint against this dean bloke , two games in a row he has fücked us ... (Proper :fücked )

Both games needs looking at again , by a fücking independent ruling body to see why these idiots can make such bias decisions
And answer to no one . This bloke wanted this to happen and be all about him yet again . It worked .

Ralph makes mistakes but like i said he is still the man to take us foward , the injury problems we have had is unreal. That would fùck any club of our size up .

Hate losing, we all do . Now i think its time to get behind the manager the team and get to the end of the season still in the division .

I have to ask , surely now is the time to give forster a chance , how many clean sheets in a row has he had and still on the bench ?

I pray Ralph stays .

keep the faith coyr

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:25 - Feb 2 with 1332 views10i

Every human on the earth, who did ever play football knows this pen was a dive. You cannot rule this wrong if you watch it twice, you don't even need a slow motion. Contact or not, that is bullshit, it is a blatant dive.
For an official to rule that otherwise, that is something that doesn't just "happen". It is obvious and intentional fraud. That for sure has to be a ban for the refs and there has to be an investigation - as the last time I've seen such decisions coming anywhere near to the ones in the last two games it was Hoyzer in germany, and the ref later was sent to prison (too me, who saw the games live, it was by far less obvious than these ones). These are not just faults!

Sometimes in football people are too focused on the exact final result imo. It was a lost game at Old Trafford with partly a youth game. Everyone saw that coming.
If you lose a basketball game by let's say 30 points, you don't really mind, or in American Football. The fans don't go crazy, as, yeah it's shit, but it's one game lost, only three points lost, so with some distance you might say: so what.
RH is the best manager this team can have, and he is because he is able to make a bunch of very ordinary players perform as a really good team. This includes the defensive movements, where everybody has to know exactly where to go at every single point in the match. The players are not able to play that out of their own minds, they have to be perfectly prepared. You see the difference in the time they have to prepare for matches, they play 100% better if they got a full week. You saw again today, that they are not able to adapt on their own - one man less and noone knows what to do anymore.
Stephens is still poor despite having these preparations for years now. Salisu seems not to beable to learn it within half a year. Bednarek wouldn't play in any other PL-team, but can be massive with this coaching.
So, yes, sometimes (with a red card) they fall apart, and it is one horrible game to watch. But everything starts anew on Saturday. And the week after that. As good as no other coach on earth would have got this team playing like it did in 2020.

For example: KWP has been massive and is missing (RH made a player performing like that that had no chance to ever play at Tottenham) - and Ramsay obviously is sooo far from that standard. Stephens got away a lot over the last couple of games despite his shortcomings, but he doesn't when the DMs in front of him are missing too. Ings right now is a shadow of his former self, as he makes terrible decisions and somehow even lost his superior ball handling. 9 injurys are hard to take, that makes winning at OT nearly impossible for every team.
But if RH won't get us out of this, then I'm sure noone will. I bet we won't go down this season, so it is quite easy to trust him again (like last year) from a management point of view. I hope the fans do too!
Of course RH has to take some of the blame. He has to in every defeat. No matter what the final score is.
In two weeks, when hopefully most of the team is back, it will be a wholly different story. I guess the amazing games of 2020 are still in everyones minds and they do count a lot more than one evening of frustration.
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:26 - Feb 2 with 1325 viewsHeisenberg

I hope Ralph stays but not sure he will be with us next season. My only criticism of him is he uses the same tactics all the time and doesn’t adapt. But that is not the issue. After what I saw from Dean and VAR tonight I am seriously questioning whether I will bother anymore. It was an absolute disgrace. A total farce that has ruined the game I loved.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:26 - Feb 2 with 1324 viewsDorsetIan

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:19 - Feb 2 by Saintsforeverj

But you should also call out Jankewitz for that career ending tackle. He shouldnt have been on the pitch and wouldn't have been, had Long been here.

But I agree. Ralph would probably be supported. The ref was terrible, VAR was terrible but Arsenal also went down to 9 men tonight and have injuries.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 23:21]

It was a stupid tackle but he was clearly overwhelmed by the occasion, and made a very rash move before he had settled into the game. It's not really fair to throw someone so young and inexperienced in at the heart of your midfield in a game like this. There was a lot of pressure on him to fill Romeu's and Diallo's boots. And he f*cked up royally.

He was in that position because our squad depth is so thin.

And that is because of the chronic underinvestment over the last 3 years.

First team - can give anyone a game. The rest: who really knows, they are so inexperienced you couldn't honestly say that were a Championship side.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:27 - Feb 2 with 1318 viewsinthebox

There's never a dull moment being a Saints were'r either swashbuckling brilliant or darn right sh*t we'll bounce back. They scored 3 of the 9 against 9 men so what do people expect Manure to do full of international talent. Ralph gave the kids a go so what, Fergi was once criticised for doing the same. March on and don't look back. F*ck am I pissed off. Good night
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:29 - Feb 2 with 1307 viewsTripleNiemi

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:21 - Feb 2 by darthvader

A few weeks ago we beat the champions , a few weeks later we knocked out the holders of the f.a.cup .

This is a fluke result ,there was cheating going on tonight . We have so many players out a hammering was on the cards with 11 men let alone 9
i was hoping for a football lockdown like last season so our players could come back fit and strong .

The club and the team will get over this , and Ralph is the man to get us to the end of the season with some pride back .

When our key players are back we will get the results to help erase this sick horrid feeling .

The club needs to make a serious complaint against this dean bloke , two games in a row he has fücked us ... (Proper :fücked )

Both games needs looking at again , by a fücking independent ruling body to see why these idiots can make such bias decisions
And answer to no one . This bloke wanted this to happen and be all about him yet again . It worked .

Ralph makes mistakes but like i said he is still the man to take us foward , the injury problems we have had is unreal. That would fùck any club of our size up .

Hate losing, we all do . Now i think its time to get behind the manager the team and get to the end of the season still in the division .

I have to ask , surely now is the time to give forster a chance , how many clean sheets in a row has he had and still on the bench ?

I pray Ralph stays .

Good post.

On another note, Ralph often cuts a lonely figure. How much 'real' support does he have around the dugout? Ron had Sammy and Erwin who were both massive presences and support to him, Pocchie had Jesus et al. Just who does Ralph have as a bouncing board?

Therein lies another issue if the club pull the trigger, not just a new managers wage, but likely a few more staff to burden the wage bill we can ill afford.

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:32 - Feb 2 with 1293 viewsBicester_North

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:26 - Feb 2 by DorsetIan

It was a stupid tackle but he was clearly overwhelmed by the occasion, and made a very rash move before he had settled into the game. It's not really fair to throw someone so young and inexperienced in at the heart of your midfield in a game like this. There was a lot of pressure on him to fill Romeu's and Diallo's boots. And he f*cked up royally.

He was in that position because our squad depth is so thin.

And that is because of the chronic underinvestment over the last 3 years.

First team - can give anyone a game. The rest: who really knows, they are so inexperienced you couldn't honestly say that were a Championship side.

He handed in a transfer request so must’ve thought he deserved a start. Disagree with the unfair bit based on that.

Otherwise yeah the lack of investment/backing has put the manager in this position, as well as the freak refereeing. But still, the set up and defending to let them get 4-0 up in the first half was shocking.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:40 - Feb 2 with 1257 viewsRon11

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:25 - Feb 2 by 10i

Every human on the earth, who did ever play football knows this pen was a dive. You cannot rule this wrong if you watch it twice, you don't even need a slow motion. Contact or not, that is bullshit, it is a blatant dive.
For an official to rule that otherwise, that is something that doesn't just "happen". It is obvious and intentional fraud. That for sure has to be a ban for the refs and there has to be an investigation - as the last time I've seen such decisions coming anywhere near to the ones in the last two games it was Hoyzer in germany, and the ref later was sent to prison (too me, who saw the games live, it was by far less obvious than these ones). These are not just faults!

Sometimes in football people are too focused on the exact final result imo. It was a lost game at Old Trafford with partly a youth game. Everyone saw that coming.
If you lose a basketball game by let's say 30 points, you don't really mind, or in American Football. The fans don't go crazy, as, yeah it's shit, but it's one game lost, only three points lost, so with some distance you might say: so what.
RH is the best manager this team can have, and he is because he is able to make a bunch of very ordinary players perform as a really good team. This includes the defensive movements, where everybody has to know exactly where to go at every single point in the match. The players are not able to play that out of their own minds, they have to be perfectly prepared. You see the difference in the time they have to prepare for matches, they play 100% better if they got a full week. You saw again today, that they are not able to adapt on their own - one man less and noone knows what to do anymore.
Stephens is still poor despite having these preparations for years now. Salisu seems not to beable to learn it within half a year. Bednarek wouldn't play in any other PL-team, but can be massive with this coaching.
So, yes, sometimes (with a red card) they fall apart, and it is one horrible game to watch. But everything starts anew on Saturday. And the week after that. As good as no other coach on earth would have got this team playing like it did in 2020.

For example: KWP has been massive and is missing (RH made a player performing like that that had no chance to ever play at Tottenham) - and Ramsay obviously is sooo far from that standard. Stephens got away a lot over the last couple of games despite his shortcomings, but he doesn't when the DMs in front of him are missing too. Ings right now is a shadow of his former self, as he makes terrible decisions and somehow even lost his superior ball handling. 9 injurys are hard to take, that makes winning at OT nearly impossible for every team.
But if RH won't get us out of this, then I'm sure noone will. I bet we won't go down this season, so it is quite easy to trust him again (like last year) from a management point of view. I hope the fans do too!
Of course RH has to take some of the blame. He has to in every defeat. No matter what the final score is.
In two weeks, when hopefully most of the team is back, it will be a wholly different story. I guess the amazing games of 2020 are still in everyones minds and they do count a lot more than one evening of frustration.

If they don't appeal that red card, then Dean will have got away with fraud.
Just unbelievable.
Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 23:51 - Feb 2 with 1218 views1885_SFC

"Hey boss, like start playin' me or it's off to Barcelona - innit"...

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/southampton-transfer

Old School is Cool

Don't go Ralph - the club / VAR has let you down. on 07:11 - Feb 3 with 991 viewssaint22

I find it puzzling that Redmond didn’t start, I know he is no defender but you have to wonder why an experienced head was left out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024