Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 09:52 - Aug 9 with 2003 viewsRon11

Just seeing in the 'media' that Saints have agreed a fee with Blackburn for Adam Armstrong.
Armstrong on 10:08 - Aug 9 with 1941 viewssaint22

And equally that Vestergaard seeks “a new challenge”! What like running fast?
That pr1ck Schmeicel in his ear all summer
We now need a CB ASAP or we are back to where we were last season
Armstrong on 10:16 - Aug 9 with 1915 viewsSteveMoron

Armstrong on 10:08 - Aug 9 by saint22

And equally that Vestergaard seeks “a new challenge”! What like running fast?
That pr1ck Schmeicel in his ear all summer
We now need a CB ASAP or we are back to where we were last season

Are you ever happy?
Armstrong on 10:18 - Aug 9 with 1906 viewskingslandstand1

Just heard that ftom Alex Crook. Let's just hope he can agree terns then

Can't understand what all the bed wettibg gas been about really
Armstrong on 10:29 - Aug 9 with 1868 viewsRon11

Armstrong on 10:18 - Aug 9 by kingslandstand1

Just heard that ftom Alex Crook. Let's just hope he can agree terns then

Can't understand what all the bed wettibg gas been about really

Now need that big Austrian centre back whose name I can't remember...
Armstrong on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 1854 views1885_SFC

£15M fee for Armstrong apparently with medical tomorrow...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-blackburn-rovers-so
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 10:38]

Old School is Cool

Armstrong on 10:51 - Aug 9 with 1818 viewsSonicBoom

Overall I don't mind Vestergaard going. He's good and bad in equal measure.
Finding a reliable replacement is the key. That Liverpool lad could be good but seems like a lot of money for someone that hasn't really played.

Armstrong seem like great business and the best option available to us. Not least cos he plays like Ings so should fit in well. He's not going to have much time to get up to speed though. Looks a good signing.
Armstrong on 11:21 - Aug 9 with 1739 views1teeminants

This can’t be true because the window is shut. We don’t have the time to buy anybody .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Armstrong on 11:49 - Aug 9 with 1688 viewssaint22

Armstrong on 10:16 - Aug 9 by SteveMoron

Are you ever happy?

Not when faced by endless incompetence which appears rife these days everywhere I look
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 12:00 - Aug 9 with 1671 viewsHeisenberg

Armstrong on 11:49 - Aug 9 by saint22

Not when faced by endless incompetence which appears rife these days everywhere I look

How is signing Armstrong incompetent ? Blackburn fans are saying we have signed a cracking player. Looks like a good piece of business to me. Cheer up

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Armstrong on 12:09 - Aug 9 with 1637 viewssaint22

Armstrong on 12:00 - Aug 9 by Heisenberg

How is signing Armstrong incompetent ? Blackburn fans are saying we have signed a cracking player. Looks like a good piece of business to me. Cheer up

Yep happy with this for sure
Be happier when we get a CB in too and Ralph plays FF in goal
Armstrong on 12:09 - Aug 9 with 1634 viewsPaleRider

Armstrong on 11:49 - Aug 9 by saint22

Please stop the continuous whining- it's really tedious for everyone. The transfer window is not closed yet and nobody knows how the season will end up.

Maybe take a break from the keyboard for a while and focus on what you can control and influence - that way you may be a bit more positive. On a serious note, you claim to have children; being so negative over such a long period of time could have a significant, negative impact on their mental health.
Armstrong on 12:13 - Aug 9 with 1599 viewsSalisburySaint

if this goes through and we get in some of the others we are rumoured to be interested in go through will the Meltdown of the usual people finish ?

Or was that just down to global warming
Armstrong on 12:15 - Aug 9 with 1591 viewsBerber

Armstrong on 12:00 - Aug 9 by Heisenberg

I agree. I have said person on ignore, but frequently the filter fails, and I managed (unfortunately) to see the usual gobbledegook posted under the influence of what I assume are rectal cramps. These types of buys are always likely to be hit or miss, jury still out on Adams, but Watkins has found his feet. However, Vardy still had a lot of question marks over him when Leicester got promoted.
Armstrong on 12:18 - Aug 9 with 1582 viewsdirk_doone

Livramento is going to create lots of chances and Armstrong has the pace to capitalise on them. Wouldn't it be great if they could both play at Everton?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Armstrong on 12:21 - Aug 9 with 1572 viewssaints__fan__73

Armstrong on 12:18 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Livramento is going to create lots of chances and Armstrong has the pace to capitalise on them. Wouldn't it be great if they could both play at Everton?

Where would you play Liveramento? You can't drop KWP for him.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Armstrong on 12:25 - Aug 9 with 1557 viewsKennington

I do believe that I broke this story on here and created a thread a month or two ago. Much like an analogue clock that’s stopped, even my ITK credentials can sometimes be correct! My source was Rovers rather than us though. This deal has though been worked on slower than Les Reed, sub glacial speed. Fortunately it looks like it’ll happen.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:33]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Armstrong on 12:28 - Aug 9 with 1542 viewsdirk_doone

Armstrong on 12:21 - Aug 9 by saints__fan__73

Where would you play Liveramento? You can't drop KWP for him.

I would play him on the right wing so that Walker-Peters can concentrate more on his defensive duties. Last season a lot of goals came from teams exploiting the gap in our defence that was left when Walker-Peters attacked and we lost possession.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Armstrong on 12:33 - Aug 9 with 1517 viewsBerber

Armstrong on 12:28 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

I would play him on the right wing so that Walker-Peters can concentrate more on his defensive duties. Last season a lot of goals came from teams exploiting the gap in our defence that was left when Walker-Peters attacked and we lost possession.

Normally, I would hope to disagree with this, but KWP's forays, whilst exciting, cost us a lot more than they contributed in terms of goals and results. He needs to up his game this season.
Armstrong on 12:43 - Aug 9 with 1484 viewspjt50

Armstrong on 12:28 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Seems logical but what do we do with Armstrong (the original one)? He doesn't look as effective playing on the left. Ralph seems to like playing him as a No. 6 but who would he replace, assuming JWP isn't going anywhere?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Armstrong on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 1345 viewsA1079

Being honest, I don't know anything about this guy and whether he is likely to make it at PL level, but I am pleased to see that we are doing something to help fill the gap that Ings has left and with that I wish him well and hope he has a long and successful career with us. Personally I would play him on Saturday against Everton as I recall McMenemy used to do this and bring them in straight away and it seemed to work.

It looks like Vestergaard is going and I am with Sonicboom on him. I have torn feelings about his loss. On his day he could make a difference and some of his diagonal balls from the back were good and he was not bad when he popped up at set pieces in the box. But, sometimes he was so slow at the back and the amount of times he lost a player running past him it was infuriating and usually costly. He was like turning a tanker on a sixpence. I would be happy if he stayed but not desperate if he left but I do think we would need to purchase someone else if he does go. Bednarek needs someone good alongside him. He has not been the same since that infamous Man U away game.
Armstrong on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 1242 viewsRon11

Armstrong on 12:25 - Aug 9 by Kennington

I do believe that I broke this story on here and created a thread a month or two ago. Much like an analogue clock that’s stopped, even my ITK credentials can sometimes be correct! My source was Rovers rather than us though. This deal has though been worked on slower than Les Reed, sub glacial speed. Fortunately it looks like it’ll happen.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:33]

Let's hope he scores a couple against Villa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024