Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game 10:22 - Apr 18 with 1397 viewsSaintNick

I do of course want to beat them, but if we do then that is them finished and the relegation places are sorted with a month left of the season, I cant remember the last time that happened

If we lose then at least it still gives them a chance of catching Everton and keeping some interest left in the Premier league.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:36 - Apr 18 with 1368 viewsCenturion

I would like us to win without a doubt.

Never mind who goes down, I would like Saints to finish with as many points as possible. We could still finish 10th.
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:39 - Apr 18 with 1360 viewssaintwizzler

This game being on the Thursday meant a day trip to Brighton on a Saturday was cancelled.
Kuntz.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:40 - Apr 18 with 1359 viewssolent_toffee

Spoken like a true red, never change, never change
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:56 - Apr 18 with 1330 viewsSaintNick

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:40 - Apr 18 by solent_toffee

Spoken like a true red, never change, never change

I was actually talking from a neutral point of view here, I dont want Everton to go down, but I think in the next week the relegation battle will be over with a good month to go.

The top of the table is a little better, but I dont think it will go to the wire and who cares who gets the other Champions league places .

If Saints beat Burnley you wont hear any complaints from me

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:09 - Apr 18 with 1312 viewssolent_toffee

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:56 - Apr 18 by SaintNick

I was actually talking from a neutral point of view here, I dont want Everton to go down, but I think in the next week the relegation battle will be over with a good month to go.

The top of the table is a little better, but I dont think it will go to the wire and who cares who gets the other Champions league places .

I don’t think Saints record against the bottom teams is particularly good compared to how well they do against the teams at the top end. Losses to Everton, Watford, Norwich, draws with Burnley and Leeds, getting beat at home to Newcastle when they were down there.

If they’d have picked up a couple of wins there they could and should be pushing for Europe.

So I’m not expecting much on Thursday.
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:14 - Apr 18 with 1309 viewsSaintNick

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:09 - Apr 18 by solent_toffee

I don’t think Saints record against the bottom teams is particularly good compared to how well they do against the teams at the top end. Losses to Everton, Watford, Norwich, draws with Burnley and Leeds, getting beat at home to Newcastle when they were down there.

If they’d have picked up a couple of wins there they could and should be pushing for Europe.

So I’m not expecting much on Thursday.

At the moment i think Everton will be safe they have a tough run in, but I dont think Burnley will get enough points to catch them.

Big mid week, Everton can beat Leicester which would be good for us and we beat Burnley and I think it is game over in the relegation battle

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 1306 viewsdwayne_dibley

attended many away games at Burnley, the fans are typical northern t0ssers and the place is a cesspit.

Down they go

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:28 - Apr 18 with 1285 viewssolent_toffee

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:14 - Apr 18 by SaintNick

At the moment i think Everton will be safe they have a tough run in, but I dont think Burnley will get enough points to catch them.

Big mid week, Everton can beat Leicester which would be good for us and we beat Burnley and I think it is game over in the relegation battle

A bit like Saints Everton tend to play better against better opposition, drew and beat United, drew at Chelsea, beat Arsenal, drew with Spurs so the quality of the opposition Im not really worried about.

It’s whether this squad of under achievers can cut out the mistakes and get across the line.
Login to get fewer ads

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 12:54 - Apr 18 with 1191 viewskingslandstand1

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 11:16 - Apr 18 by dwayne_dibley

attended many away games at Burnley, the fans are typical northern t0ssers and the place is a cesspit.

Down they go

Don't hold back Dwayne
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 13:01 - Apr 18 with 1173 viewskingslandstand1

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:36 - Apr 18 by Centurion

I would like us to win without a doubt.

Never mind who goes down, I would like Saints to finish with as many points as possible. We could still finish 10th.

This. The sooner those 3 spots are sorted the better I would feel, and also couldn't care less who gets 4th tho if a preference it would be Hammers, however a proviso is that our lot don't start going to the beach
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 13:59 - Apr 18 with 1126 viewsSadoldgit

A win for us please. Don’t mind if Burnley go down after the way they have treated Dyche.
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 15:16 - Apr 18 with 1069 viewsChesham_Saint

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 10:56 - Apr 18 by SaintNick

Excuse ME Nick, but why don’t you want Everton to go down??

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 16:52 - Apr 18 with 994 views1teeminants

I want us to win but still want Burnley to stay and Everton down .
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 16:53]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 08:39 - Apr 19 with 653 viewsSaintNick

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 15:16 - Apr 18 by Chesham_Saint

Excuse ME Nick, but why don’t you want Everton to go down??

I have a lot of family and friends that are Everton fans, contrary to Solent Toffee's scurrilous accusations of me being a die hard Liverpool fan who hates Everton, aside from our scuffle with them in the 80's im quite neutral about them.

All I do is correct a few bits of misinformation from ST when he states that only around 23 people on Merseyside support Liverpool and everyone else supports Everton, that qualifies me as a die hard red and a place in the ballot for FA Cup & Champions League final tickets if they reach it, in his eyes.

To clarify, if we can beat Burnley we could be in 9th place on Thursday, so that is my ,main priority

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 12:38 - Apr 19 with 562 viewsfranniesTache

If Saints are playing I want us to win, the only exception is one that causes significant damage to the skates.

As for the rest of the teams in the league i don't give two sh*ts about them really, and i don't give a sh*t about how interesting the league is.
Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 13:10 - Apr 19 with 538 viewsMytchettSaint

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 12:38 - Apr 19 by franniesTache

If Saints are playing I want us to win, the only exception is one that causes significant damage to the skates.

As for the rest of the teams in the league i don't give two sh*ts about them really, and i don't give a sh*t about how interesting the league is.

Absolutely this.

Race for 4th? Bore off sky.

We never win at Goodison or turf moor and Burnley often take points off us at St Mary’s.

It doesn’t bother me if Everton or Burnley went but if we beat Burnley Thursday and they go then so be it.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Mixed Thoughts For Burnley Game on 08:55 - Apr 20 with 395 viewsChesham_Saint

I don’t particularly like either club…but after the way Everton managed to stay up with that match against Wimbledon way back when it felt like they were playing with TWO goalkeepers, they deserve to go down.

That said, unless it damages the skates in some way, I always want Saints to win.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024