Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? 04:21 - May 19 with 6859 views1teeminants

From Swansea site

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/298067/southampton/#77

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 06:59 - May 19 with 4654 viewssaintwizzler

Will we ever learn?
😞

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:04 - May 19 with 4638 viewsPatfromPoole

Interesting thread; thanks for posting that.

Doesn’t look like they are overly keen on him.

Would be a bewildering appointment.

We need somebody who has actually won something, I feel.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:14 - May 19 with 4631 viewsChesham_Saint

Another bloody no-mark.

If they recruit this guy my season ticket intentions will alter, that’s for sure.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:19 - May 19 with 4623 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m all for possession football if the ball is passed at pace and with purpose, as the likes of Man. City and Arsenal do so well.

What I can’t be doing with is passing for the sake of it with no end product, as Strachan used to call “propaganda football”.

From the bits I have seen of Swansea this season, I fear that Martin falls into the latter category.

This includes quite a bit of hairy passing it about inside his own team’s penalty area. Not a fan of that at all.

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:35 - May 19 with 4605 viewsPatfromPoole

I also have to wonder, if he was that good, given his long playing association with them, how he hasn’t ended up being appointed manager of Norwich.

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:37 - May 19 with 4594 viewscocklebreath

He’s quite dashing though so might get more female or gay fans inside st Mary’s

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:39 - May 19 with 4599 viewsButty101

Why does everything have to be so cheapskate. I wasn’t really expecting potter. But Burnley showed how to do it.
It still amazes me that Jones passed an interview

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:43 - May 19 with 4582 viewscocklebreath

I don’t understand why the club seem to want a high possession manager after going for the opposite in Nathan Jones. We gave Jones £60 million to spend on his type of player and now that type aren’t needed, this club has been run like a five year olds car boot stall

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:52 - May 19 with 4572 viewsPatfromPoole

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:43 - May 19 by cocklebreath

I don’t understand why the club seem to want a high possession manager after going for the opposite in Nathan Jones. We gave Jones £60 million to spend on his type of player and now that type aren’t needed, this club has been run like a five year olds car boot stall

Nail on head, sir.

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 08:01 - May 19 with 4560 viewssaintwizzler

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:19 - May 19 by PatfromPoole

I’m all for possession football if the ball is passed at pace and with purpose, as the likes of Man. City and Arsenal do so well.

What I can’t be doing with is passing for the sake of it with no end product, as Strachan used to call “propaganda football”.

From the bits I have seen of Swansea this season, I fear that Martin falls into the latter category.

This includes quite a bit of hairy passing it about inside his own team’s penalty area. Not a fan of that at all.

Good possession or bad possession?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 08:05 - May 19 with 4554 viewsCenturion

Not sure.
I am convinced we need a high profile disciplinarian to boot the backsides of some of our talented but lazy players.
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 08:20 - May 19 with 4531 viewsPatfromPoole

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 08:01 - May 19 by saintwizzler

Good possession or bad possession?

Bad possession if it doesn’t lead to a cross or shot on goal.

As King Strachan used to regularly advise us.

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 08:41 - May 19 with 4494 viewskernow

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:37 - May 19 by cocklebreath

He’s quite dashing though so might get more female or gay fans inside st Mary’s

Perhaps Marcus finds him attractive?
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 09:06 - May 19 with 4465 viewssaint22

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 06:59 - May 19 by saintwizzler

Will we ever learn?
😞

Clearly nit
WTF is going on?
Another season of below par kick ball beckons
If we thought our best players might leave they will now with this uninspiring choice!@
FFS
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 10:10 - May 19 with 4374 viewsdirk_doone

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:43 - May 19 by cocklebreath

They don't know what they want or what they are doing.

Martin's managerial career absolutely reeks of mediocrity. He took MK Dons to 19th and 13th in League One. He then took Swansea to 15th and 10th. His teams have a terrible defensive record as they keep getting caught out passing the ball around at the back. His win rate is a mediocre 36%.

There is no way we'll get promoted with him in charge.
[Post edited 19 May 2023 10:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 10:17 - May 19 with 4361 viewssaints__fan__73

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 07:39 - May 19 by Butty101

Why does everything have to be so cheapskate. I wasn’t really expecting potter. But Burnley showed how to do it.
It still amazes me that Jones passed an interview

I once got a job where the bloke interviewing me was so full of himself he talked for about 95% of the interview and I just smiled and nodded.

I would imagine it was much like this with W ankerson.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 10:40 - May 19 with 4320 viewsRon11

They should have a chat with Roy Hodgson.
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 10:55 - May 19 with 4296 viewssaint22

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 10:10 - May 19 by dirk_doone

They don't know what they want or what they are doing.

Martin's managerial career absolutely reeks of mediocrity. He took MK Dons to 19th and 13th in League One. He then took Swansea to 15th and 10th. His teams have a terrible defensive record as they keep getting caught out passing the ball around at the back. His win rate is a mediocre 36%.

There is no way we'll get promoted with him in charge.
[Post edited 19 May 2023 10:25]

THIS
Our club is really beginning to mirror this country
Led my egomaniacs who are so financially comfortable and full of themselves that they listen to no one and just keep doing their thing up to the point of no return
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 12:42 - May 19 with 4225 viewsIfonly

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 08:20 - May 19 by PatfromPoole

Bad possession if it doesn’t lead to a cross or shot on goal.

As King Strachan used to regularly advise us.

Yes, but also what quality of cross or shot? We often seem to "cross" from midfield. This is low quality. A cross from nearer the goal line is much more dangerous. Similarly we often have shots that count as a shot on target, but offer no threat at all and any pub goalkeeper would save e.g. Tall Paul's effort v Fulham. We just don't create true goal threats in the same way that other PL teams do because we're so slow that all the space has been closed down.

Concentrating on possession for the sake of it is a total waste of time. As you said before, moving the ball with pace is key. It works if you have Man City / Barcelona players who can do this. It doesn't work if you have a team made up of the likes of AMN, Moi and Theo. If those are the type of players we have, then possession football is not for us.
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 15:44 - May 19 with 4098 viewsUTS1885

We need the best manager money can buy that has full respect of players and will attract them to SFC. Id like to think we could persuade a crossover similar to what Fulham, Wolves, Brentford have done.
Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:41 - May 19 with 4016 viewsPatfromPoole

The Athletic seem to think he’s got the gig….

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:47 - May 19 with 4011 viewsPatfromPoole

Blackmore is on to it as well….

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:50 - May 19 with 4006 views1teeminants

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:47 - May 19 by PatfromPoole

Blackmore is on to it as well….

What does Del Bianco know ? . I teem first again 😎

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:53 - May 19 with 4003 viewsPatfromPoole

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:50 - May 19 by 1teeminants

What does Del Bianco know ? . I teem first again 😎

I miss Del Bianco.

He is wasted on SaintsWeb.

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 17:07 - May 19 with 3976 views1teeminants

Martin of Swansea odds on for Saints job ? on 16:53 - May 19 by PatfromPoole

I miss Del Bianco.

He is wasted on SaintsWeb.

Yeah I miss him too. Petition for him to return. I have no idea why he left .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024