Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking 11:00 - Sep 8 with 1760 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60823/gavin-bazunu-needs

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 11:02 - Sep 8 with 1741 viewssaints__fan__73

He needs something behind him.

Maybe a second keeper?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 11:07]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 11:15 - Sep 8 with 1714 viewsPatfromPoole

Why is the goals conceded v shots faced ratio a simplistic viewpoint?

Yes, there were a number of goals conceded last season where there were unmarked players in the box and he had no chance.

But there were also a considerable number that were straight at him, and he should have saved them.

I think back to Lallana’s header, and the Everton game, both at St. Mary’s. There were many others.

And then that utterly ridiculous goal in the Goztepe friendly a couple of months ago.

He seems to me not to have a good understanding of where his posts are.

I also think he is too quiet. Why did he not stop them all charging forward for that first-minute corner at Sunderland?

I have never actually heard him during a game. Has anybody else???

Russell Martin will live to regret not signing a senior keeper to be the main No.1. If he is basing it on passing ability, he’s a fool.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 11:26]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 11:25 - Sep 8 with 1699 viewssaint901

I have to disagree.

He showed in the PL season he had, that there were a number of flaws in his game which at that level were exposed.

He's had a close season to work on those flaws but the start of this season has not shown any marker improvement. Whilst a couple of the goals against at Sunderland were not his error, I would say at least two were.

He is also suffering from a lack of a solid defence which leaves him exposed or worse, dithering when we try to play out of the back. That is not his fault but in the absence of anybody else, he needs to be making more and better decisions and that is hard for a young player.

The RM style of passing the ball around is always going to give the opposition chances and unfortunately it seems that they're being taken.

All of this combines to knock his confidence and without him being 100% sure, 100% of the time , he risks going into a downward spiral.

In my view he needs to be taken out of the team for a while, work on two key issues - crosses and near post - rebuild his confidence but be told that Christmas and beyond will be his time.
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 1631 viewsHeisenberg

I think Bazunu needs time off and hopefully he will come back stronger. More importantly we need a manager who can set up a team that can defend. We could have a top world class keeper and still struggle. 15 goals conceded in 6 games can’t all be down to poor goalkeeping.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 13:20 - Sep 8 with 1592 viewsIfonly

Why is Bazunu in the side? It's not because of his goalkeeping, it's because of his ability with his feet. This is going to be the main problem at Saints while RM is here - we don't pick players based on their main job, we pick them based on how they play possession football. It's the same with Holgate. he's terrible at his main job but he can pass the ball.

Things would be a lot easier if we had different tactics. If we played with counter attacking football, we could pick goalkeepers based on their ability as goalkeepers, defenders as defenders and so on.
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 15:01 - Sep 8 with 1542 viewscocklebreath

He’s sh!t

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 16:20 - Sep 8 with 1507 views1ASIN12

Just like Maya Yoshida who was not good enough to play regular Top Flight football neither was Bazunu

However although Yoshida may have been good enough for regular championship football unfortunately Bazunu isn’t.

It’s not a witch hunt it’s an opinion a vast majority of football fans have .
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 17:07 - Sep 8 with 1492 viewscocklebreath

Agreed with above post, you constantly got on Yoshidas back even though he was decent enough, Bazanu is nowhere near decent, he’s the worst goalie we’ve ever had, I’d love to be proved wrong but it ain’t gonna happen

Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 18:35 - Sep 8 with 1458 viewsmushinexile

Nick, once again I need to speak to your nurse bout your medication. The berk couldn't stop a sneeze and is not fit to play in a school playground. Stevie Wonder could do a better job for us. At least he has some spatial awareness!
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 19:00 - Sep 8 with 1442 viewsCity_boy

The number of times he gets beat from distance is very high.

I accept he hasn't;t been helped by a defence that is not performing, but the number of goals we conceded last season and this, could have been prevented by Bazunu.

I am no fan of McCarthy either, so wouldn't object to Lumley given a few matches to prove himself, although his CV isn't that impressive either. Basically, we are stuffed.
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 20:23 - Sep 8 with 1402 viewssaint22

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 19:00 - Sep 8 by City_boy

The number of times he gets beat from distance is very high.

I accept he hasn't;t been helped by a defence that is not performing, but the number of goals we conceded last season and this, could have been prevented by Bazunu.

I am no fan of McCarthy either, so wouldn't object to Lumley given a few matches to prove himself, although his CV isn't that impressive either. Basically, we are stuffed.

the keeper position for ages has been a huge issue but last season and now this and they way its been completely mishandled borders on negligent

We are never getting promoted with any of the three we have right now
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 20:28 - Sep 8 with 1393 viewsButty101

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 17:07 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

Agreed with above post, you constantly got on Yoshidas back even though he was decent enough, Bazanu is nowhere near decent, he’s the worst goalie we’ve ever had, I’d love to be proved wrong but it ain’t gonna happen

I reckon Ian Andrews was worse

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 20:35 - Sep 8 with 1382 viewsButty101

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 20:28 - Sep 8 by Butty101

Has anyone yet seen Baz and his faiballed passing? No me neither.

Having read Nicks article I can only assume this is click bait.

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 23:15 - Sep 8 with 1333 viewscocklebreath

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 20:28 - Sep 8 by Butty101

Disagree the only goalie nearly as bad is McCarthy with his goat eyes, why have we decided that goalie isn’t important?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 06:06 - Sep 9 with 1269 viewssaintwizzler

The problem is we are playing with 2 in defence, the Centre Backs.
Our full backs are that far forward we are getting hit on the counter attack.
Sunderland did their homework and their wingers had the freedom of the shithole, causing us problems all afternoon.

Bazunu is the best of a bad bunch.
All that money the club got in from selling our best players and they get a free transfer in, Joe Lumley.

Preston are top of the league. They have conceded 3 goals in 5 games.
We have conceded 12. The most in the league.

Can you see what the problem is?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 08:32 - Sep 9 with 1239 viewssaint22

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 06:06 - Sep 9 by saintwizzler

The problem is we are playing with 2 in defence, the Centre Backs.
Our full backs are that far forward we are getting hit on the counter attack.
Sunderland did their homework and their wingers had the freedom of the shithole, causing us problems all afternoon.

Bazunu is the best of a bad bunch.
All that money the club got in from selling our best players and they get a free transfer in, Joe Lumley.

Preston are top of the league. They have conceded 3 goals in 5 games.
We have conceded 12. The most in the league.

Can you see what the problem is?

Can Wussell?
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 09:24 - Sep 9 with 1223 viewsRon11

Martin has history - his teams keep possession but don't achieve a lot with it and ship goals, which Sport Republic must have known.
I'm already convinced that he's the wrong choice, and that if this carries on and he's still here come December they'll all be wanting to leave.
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 10:26 - Sep 9 with 1201 viewsgrumpy

The next 4 games will tell us a lot about Martin.
Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 19:58 - Sep 12 with 968 viewsButty101

Gavin Bazunu Needs Backing Not Sacking on 10:26 - Sep 9 by grumpy

The next 4 games will tell us a lot about Martin.

Angus Gunn looks like a decent goalie we should give him a go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024