Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke 11:38 - Oct 5 with 1417 viewsSaintNick

I saw something on Facebook posted by our very own Pat from Poole showing a picture of the statue of Gordon Banks at Stoke on Tuesday.

The statue shows Gordon holding the World Cup aloft which is fine, but he hadn't joined Stoke at that stage and was still at Leicester City.

So a bit strange to have a statue of a famous player waving a trophy he won elsewhere.

We could follow in this trend with one of Alan Ball with the World Cup, but personally I would prefer Jan Poortvliet in full Holland kit at the 1978 World Cup final holding his runners up medal, that would be more in keeping with our club.

So what other ex Saints players could we honour with a statue of them winning something elsewhere.

Jimmy Case with the European Cup in 1977 would be a good one and would make us the 2nd club of Liverpool fans around the world

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 12:51 - Oct 5 with 1350 viewsChesham_Saint

Kevin Keegan with his European Cup winners runners up medal he got at Hamburg?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 13:07 - Oct 5 with 1340 viewscocklebreath

Elyounoussi Swiss super league.
I think most fans would love that

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 13:13 - Oct 5 with 1330 viewsPatfromPoole

Pat from Poole outed as being a nerd uploading pics of statues on Facebook……..

And you all had me down as a hipster at the very cutting edge of all that is cool in the world….

It may take me some time to get over this. I shall think of you all as my guardian angel counsellors.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 15:26 - Oct 5 with 1274 viewsLondonSaint76

Mick Channon with the League Cup he won whilst with Norwich City

Or

Rod Wallace with the 1st Division champions medal he won at Leeds United plus his domestic Treble winning medal set from Rangers season 98/99 (scored the winner v Celtic in the Scots FAC Final) and not forgetting his Double winning medal set with Rangers the following season

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 16:16 - Oct 5 with 1245 viewssaints__fan__73

Lovren with the Premier League and Champion's League trophies.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 16:23 - Oct 5 with 1226 viewshedgeend61

Tall Paul, Danish Superliga Champions: 2014–15, 2017–18

Mislav Oršić, Korean FA Cup: 2017
Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 18:50 - Oct 5 with 1135 viewsNYC_Saint

Personally I would suggest a statue of Martin Caceres sat on the bench holding his 1 la liga, 6 serie A, 1 champions league, multiple domestic cup and copa America winners medals. The money we saved in appearance fees by not playing him would more than cover the cost of the statue.

I never understood that one, and he always looked quite confused too...
Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 21:58 - Oct 5 with 1044 viewsSaintNick

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 18:50 - Oct 5 by NYC_Saint

Personally I would suggest a statue of Martin Caceres sat on the bench holding his 1 la liga, 6 serie A, 1 champions league, multiple domestic cup and copa America winners medals. The money we saved in appearance fees by not playing him would more than cover the cost of the statue.

I never understood that one, and he always looked quite confused too...

Yes it was a strange one, in the one game he played he looked pretty solid.

Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 03:46 - Oct 6 with 973 viewsNYC_Saint

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 21:58 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

Yes it was a strange one, in the one game he played he looked pretty solid.

Was that the league cup final? Another medal (albeit only a runners up one this time).

I sense some sarcasm in your response (apologies if I've misinterpreted). But my point was, as I remember it, we signed a storied center half when we needed reenforcing in that area but refused to play him due to the pay to play nature of his contract. He went in to win serie A again and play in future world cups so it's not like he was washed up and desperate for any kind of deal. Just feel like that time, in hindsight, was the end of a fantastic period for saints (and one which I was living abroad and could only watch on tv).
Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 12:17 - Oct 6 with 889 viewsSaintNick

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 03:46 - Oct 6 by NYC_Saint

Was that the league cup final? Another medal (albeit only a runners up one this time).

I sense some sarcasm in your response (apologies if I've misinterpreted). But my point was, as I remember it, we signed a storied center half when we needed reenforcing in that area but refused to play him due to the pay to play nature of his contract. He went in to win serie A again and play in future world cups so it's not like he was washed up and desperate for any kind of deal. Just feel like that time, in hindsight, was the end of a fantastic period for saints (and one which I was living abroad and could only watch on tv).

No his one game was at Middlesbrough, I wasnt being sarcastic he did play well in that game it was a weird one why he didn't play more

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 18:50 - Oct 6 with 829 viewsgrumpy

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 12:17 - Oct 6 by SaintNick

No his one game was at Middlesbrough, I wasnt being sarcastic he did play well in that game it was a weird one why he didn't play more

His record shows just that game at Middlesbrough, but I thought he came on as sub at St. Marys for one game,I maybe wrong.
Why did Mislav Orsic only get a few minutes of one game?
We have used so many players recently, some good ones, but when you have 3 managers in a season its no wonder the team suffers.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 18:54]
Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 22:51 - Oct 6 with 783 viewshedgeend61

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 18:50 - Oct 6 by grumpy

His record shows just that game at Middlesbrough, but I thought he came on as sub at St. Marys for one game,I maybe wrong.
Why did Mislav Orsic only get a few minutes of one game?
We have used so many players recently, some good ones, but when you have 3 managers in a season its no wonder the team suffers.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 18:54]

How many times?

Orsic's joined a team that finished 6th in a 4 horse race in the 9th best league in Europe.

They may be 3 poor managers, but they'd all have forgotten more about football than me, you and everyone who posts on here. They'd easy spot a dud.
What have you seen on TV to suggest otherwise?

It's quite simple, he's nowhere near/never will be close to being a PL player, he's found his level, hopefully for him See how it all pans out for him
Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 08:59 - Oct 7 with 724 viewsgrumpy

Gordon Banks Statue At Stoke on 22:51 - Oct 6 by hedgeend61

How many times?

Orsic's joined a team that finished 6th in a 4 horse race in the 9th best league in Europe.

They may be 3 poor managers, but they'd all have forgotten more about football than me, you and everyone who posts on here. They'd easy spot a dud.
What have you seen on TV to suggest otherwise?

It's quite simple, he's nowhere near/never will be close to being a PL player, he's found his level, hopefully for him See how it all pans out for him

'They may be 3 poor managers, but they'd all have forgotten more about football than me, you and everyone who posts on here. They'd easy spot a dud'

'They'd easy spot a dud'

Well I have heard all now..........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024