Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21st in the table 22:10 - Oct 25 with 1287 viewsPatfromPoole

This is where we would be without the very late goals this season.

Points gained from our very late goals:-

Sheff Wed 2
Norwich 1
Plymouth 2
Hull 2
Preston 1

That’s 8 points.

We’re down to 21st without those….

He’s a lucky manager, this bloke.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

21st in the table on 22:13 - Oct 25 with 1259 viewssaintwizzler

If you’d of walked into St Mary's for the Leeds game and someone had told you that we would take 11 points from the next 5 games to be played, you would have snapped their hands off at that, bbz. x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

21st in the table on 22:17 - Oct 25 with 1231 viewsSouthamptonfan

But the game isn't over until the end. Man U won the league with many last minute goals, so it doesn't really matter when we score them, they all count.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:18]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

21st in the table on 22:18 - Oct 25 with 1231 viewsPatfromPoole

Don’t get me wrong, I love late goals.

Ordinarily, it’s the sign of a good team.

But we didn’t look a particularly good team tonight,

Mainly because too many weak links were on the pitch, and the substitutions did not help.

21st in the table on 22:21 - Oct 25 with 1217 viewsSouthamptonfan

21st in the table on 22:18 - Oct 25 by PatfromPoole

Mainly because too many weak links were on the pitch, and the substitutions did not help.

It's unconvincing, I agree. But we are in the play offs. Leeds Saints final at Wembley sounds tasty to me but yeh it feels frustrating. We need a f@cking striker, Adams does nothing, Mara shoots to the outer Hebrides and Armstrong is hot and cold. We needs more quality up front and yes more aggressive attacking football.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:22]

21st in the table on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 1198 viewskingslandstand1

You could counter that argument with the fact that they keet going til the final whistle, but also the fact that they give 2 cr@p goals away in 3 or 4 minutes showthat they also don't concentrate at all times
Game should have been over way before and just s well Preston didn't have their proer shooting boots on in the first half
21st in the table on 22:32 - Oct 25 with 1175 viewsSouthamptonfan

21st in the table on 22:27 - Oct 25 by kingslandstand1

You could counter that argument with the fact that they keet going til the final whistle, but also the fact that they give 2 cr@p goals away in 3 or 4 minutes showthat they also don't concentrate at all times
Game should have been over way before and just s well Preston didn't have their proer shooting boots on in the first half

We seem to just stop going for it at one nil. One nil keeps the opposition alive. It happened against Rotherham and it happened tonight. If we got a two or three goal lead, the mistakes would stop or one mistake wouldn't matter. They make mistakes because at one nil, the game is in the balance. We should have buried Rotherham and had the capability to do it, and even tonight, just attack and get the two goal lead.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:33]

21st in the table on 22:35 - Oct 25 with 1145 viewsSFC_Referee

21st in the table on 22:13 - Oct 25 by saintwizzler

If you’d of walked into St Mary's for the Leeds game and someone had told you that we would take 11 points from the next 5 games to be played, you would have snapped their hands off at that, bbz. x

Yeah and that average will almost certainly get you promoted. As yeah I’m no fan of the way he’s playing, but I think that if it’s HB or Stephens playing over Holgate today, then we win that game.

As yeah we may be getting last minute winners, but we’re getting them, and we’re doing it that consistently that it shows it’s not just luck. But it shows how well we can play when we play that direct football and hopefully RM will realise that if we wanna go up, that’s how we’ve gotta play more. As his tippy tappy football works well when your at the end of that close game and basically need to work that clock down, but for the 70 or so minutes beforehand as well as the games we’re not winning, we need to do more of what we’ve been doing with this direct style of football and hopefully RM will realise that soon

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

21st in the table on 22:36 - Oct 25 with 1146 viewssaintwizzler

Leicester have conceded 7 goals in 13 games.
We have conceded 24 in 13 games.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

21st in the table on 22:39 - Oct 25 with 1122 viewsSFC_Referee

21st in the table on 22:32 - Oct 25 by Southamptonfan

We seem to just stop going for it at one nil. One nil keeps the opposition alive. It happened against Rotherham and it happened tonight. If we got a two or three goal lead, the mistakes would stop or one mistake wouldn't matter. They make mistakes because at one nil, the game is in the balance. We should have buried Rotherham and had the capability to do it, and even tonight, just attack and get the two goal lead.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:33]

Yeah well your spot on there and that was shown by the Leeds game, which really has been the only game we’ve truly shown up at this season

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

21st in the table on 06:51 - Oct 26 with 971 viewsJellybaby

Its an interesting stat good sir, but you are going to extraordinary lengths to make your prediction of 17th position league finish look sensible!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

21st in the table on 06:54 - Oct 26 with 969 viewsPatfromPoole

21st in the table on 06:51 - Oct 26 by Jellybaby

Its an interesting stat good sir, but you are going to extraordinary lengths to make your prediction of 17th position league finish look sensible!

😂😂

Anything could happen; if you ignore the top 2 and the bottom 3, it’s a very tight League.

21st in the table on 07:33 - Oct 26 with 937 views1teeminants

21st in the table on 22:18 - Oct 25 by PatfromPoole

It’s the sign of a team that keeps going to the end Pat and never gives up.
What I’m most pissed off about is the top two being so far ahead.

Where’s this Ross Stewart bloke ? Sulemana is creating a lot of chances but there’s no one in there to finish ffs.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

21st in the table on 07:39 - Oct 26 with 929 viewsPatfromPoole

21st in the table on 07:33 - Oct 26 by 1teeminants

It’s the sign of a team that keeps going to the end Pat and never gives up.
What I’m most pissed off about is the top two being so far ahead.

Where’s this Ross Stewart bloke ? Sulemana is creating a lot of chances but there’s no one in there to finish ffs.

Potential savour of our season, Ross Stewart…..

21st in the table on 08:04 - Oct 26 with 902 viewscocklebreath

21st in the table on 07:39 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

Potential savour of our season, Ross Stewart…..

Don’t be greedy give him time

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

21st in the table on 08:31 - Oct 26 with 861 viewsPatfromPoole

21st in the table on 08:04 - Oct 26 by cocklebreath

Don’t be greedy give him time

We may not have that by the time we eventually see him……

21st in the table on 08:46 - Oct 26 with 838 viewsHeisenberg

I seem to recall lots of criticism that the players had no fight and gave up easily. Now they are being criticised for keeping going and fighting to the end. Yes we are far from the finished article and when we were conceding so easily I questioned RM but there is no doubt we are improving. Comparing us to Leicester is fruitless. They were a much better side than us last season and will run away with the league. There is no reason why we can’t make the play offs.

Besides the Championship is much more fun. Who misses the Premier League ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

21st in the table on 08:56 - Oct 26 with 829 viewsPatfromPoole

21st in the table on 08:46 - Oct 26 by Heisenberg

I seem to recall lots of criticism that the players had no fight and gave up easily. Now they are being criticised for keeping going and fighting to the end. Yes we are far from the finished article and when we were conceding so easily I questioned RM but there is no doubt we are improving. Comparing us to Leicester is fruitless. They were a much better side than us last season and will run away with the league. There is no reason why we can’t make the play offs.

Besides the Championship is much more fun. Who misses the Premier League ?

I agree it’s definitely a positive that we are fighting until the end, and it does show good mental resilience.

Not sure if that was part of the tactical masterclass last Wednesday though (?)…..

21st in the table on 15:37 - Oct 26 with 721 viewsSaintNick

21st in the table on 08:56 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

I agree it’s definitely a positive that we are fighting until the end, and it does show good mental resilience.

Not sure if that was part of the tactical masterclass last Wednesday though (?)…..

If you are picking up points when you are not playing well that is the sign of a good team

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

21st in the table on 16:36 - Oct 26 with 690 viewsPatfromPoole

21st in the table on 15:37 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

If you are picking up points when you are not playing well that is the sign of a good team

Oh God, I have to agree with you on this.

How depressing.

21st in the table on 16:42 - Oct 26 with 686 viewsfranniesTache

I think we have a squad of good players for the league we're in. But it's managed by a mid table manager with poor tactics, and those players have a bad attitude.

So far i think i'm pretty much on course for my pre-season prediction, we'll get play offs and fail at the first hurdle.

Mainly because i don't believe this team have the aggression needed to go up.
21st in the table on 17:42 - Oct 26 with 642 views1teeminants

21st in the table on 16:42 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

I think we have a squad of good players for the league we're in. But it's managed by a mid table manager with poor tactics, and those players have a bad attitude.

So far i think i'm pretty much on course for my pre-season prediction, we'll get play offs and fail at the first hurdle.

Not sure the players have a bad attitude they all seem happy , motivated and backing the manager. Look at the celebrations last night and against Hull.

Sulemana one of those who wanted out Seems to be getting his head down and playing well. The only one possibly demotivated I would say is Adams but he’ll be replaced by Stewart soon anyway.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

21st in the table on 17:54 - Oct 26 with 631 viewsgrumpy

21st in the table on 16:42 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

Agree 'we have a squad of good players for the league we're in'and I agree it's managed by a mid table manager with poor tactics.
I don't agree that the players have a bad attitude tho.
We had the players last season that could have kept us up but not the managers.
Preston tore into us at the start of the second half and very nearly got all 3 points.
Hull nearly got a point.
Credit to Saints with the late revivals that does show some character.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024