Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football..... 15:28 - Apr 14 with 1678 viewssaint22

.....so back to this, IF what we hear is correct and lockdown is set to continue until May 7, will the PL ever restart, or is it done for this season?
Football..... on 15:43 - Apr 14 with 1293 viewsDorsetIan

My guess is that lockdown will start to be loosened within the next 10 days.

Can see teams being allowed to play behind closed doors with rigorous health monitoring of players in place, and exclusion of those with any type of symptom. Might have to start this in the higher leagues where they have the resources available to do this.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Football..... on 15:44 - Apr 14 with 1290 viewsOlliekhent

Football..... on 15:43 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

Can see teams being allowed to play behind closed doors with rigorous health monitoring of players in place, and exclusion of those with any type of symptom. Might have to start this in the higher leagues where they have the resources available to do this.

While the death rate is still over 700/day, there is no chance at all they will relax the lock down. I suspect you will see it extended until end of May. The numbers need to be way lower.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Football..... on 15:56 - Apr 14 with 1276 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 15:44 - Apr 14 by Olliekhent

While the death rate is still over 700/day, there is no chance at all they will relax the lock down. I suspect you will see it extended until end of May. The numbers need to be way lower.

Let's see. Once the peak has passed (and that might already have happened) and it is clear that NHS capacity has not been exceeded, focus will turn to mitigating the effects on the economy.

As I understand it, we cannot remain in lockdown until this 'goes away'. It will be here until a vaccine (or other effective treatment arrives) and that is months away. They still want lots of healthy people to get it and survive it - the logic of 'herd immunity' has not gone away.

They will also want to provide something to alleviate the lockdown tedium. Having some live sport to watch and then talk about, will help that.

Football..... on 15:57 - Apr 14 with 1275 viewsthis_charming_man

word it they will start again in June and all games will be behind closed doors and live on telly in a massive TV extravaganza

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Football..... on 16:08 - Apr 14 with 1262 viewsOlliekhent

Football..... on 15:56 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

Let's see. Once the peak has passed (and that might already have happened) and it is clear that NHS capacity has not been exceeded, focus will turn to mitigating the effects on the economy.

As I understand it, we cannot remain in lockdown until this 'goes away'. It will be here until a vaccine (or other effective treatment arrives) and that is months away. They still want lots of healthy people to get it and survive it - the logic of 'herd immunity' has not gone away.

They will also want to provide something to alleviate the lockdown tedium. Having some live sport to watch and then talk about, will help that.

Your entertainment for the masses will come in the form of the TV 'extravaganza' This Charming Man mentions above. Yes, they must think of the economy but that is a fine balance with the risk of phase two of the virus. If we come out too soon, we could get a second wave. They will be just as mindful of this I think you will find.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Football..... on 16:19 - Apr 14 with 1246 viewssolent_toffee

Football..... on 15:57 - Apr 14 by this_charming_man

word it they will start again in June and all games will be behind closed doors and live on telly in a massive TV extravaganza

EFL started last week that all the games including play off semis and final will be completed in 56 days. As you say it will all be televised, several games per day and then a shorter pre-season, with the season starting again in September.
Football..... on 16:27 - Apr 14 with 1232 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 16:08 - Apr 14 by Olliekhent

Your entertainment for the masses will come in the form of the TV 'extravaganza' This Charming Man mentions above. Yes, they must think of the economy but that is a fine balance with the risk of phase two of the virus. If we come out too soon, we could get a second wave. They will be just as mindful of this I think you will find.

You're right that it will be a very fine balancing act and that's why they will relax it rather than simply end it.

They will probably start by relaxing the meaning of 'essential' shopping - allow garden centres and DIY stores to open with the same sort of social distancing stuff that the supermarkets are now doing. Maybe give us 2 hours out a day rather than 1. That sort of thing.

It will be a case of relax and monitor...relax and monitor. A lot will depend on the ability to test effectively so that people with it can isolate, but bear in mind that they have promised 100,000 tests a day by the end of this month.

Football..... on 16:47 - Apr 14 with 1202 viewsHeisenberg

Does anyone really care about football? Personally I haven't missed it all. I know for sure I won't be spending a single penny on it. And unless things change dramatically or I have a change of heart doubt I will next season either. Let's not fool ourselves football at the top isn't going to come out of all this with its head held high.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Football..... on 16:54 - Apr 14 with 1193 viewscocklebreath

Football..... on 16:19 - Apr 14 by solent_toffee

EFL started last week that all the games including play off semis and final will be completed in 56 days. As you say it will all be televised, several games per day and then a shorter pre-season, with the season starting again in September.

Stated?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Football..... on 17:20 - Apr 14 with 1173 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 16:47 - Apr 14 by Heisenberg

Does anyone really care about football? Personally I haven't missed it all. I know for sure I won't be spending a single penny on it. And unless things change dramatically or I have a change of heart doubt I will next season either. Let's not fool ourselves football at the top isn't going to come out of all this with its head held high.

Where will that leave you in relation to this forum? Not really the place for someone who doesn't care about football! Would be a shame if you felt obliged to leave - voices of reason on here are few are far between.

I have missed it. It's sloshing with too much money, dodgy types like Gao and VAR has made it worse than it was. But I miss the anticipation around each game, what the team will be, whether we will play well or badly, the post-mortems.

It punctuates the week with a little bit of drama and, for me, a day out to the game with my sons and their friends is always an adventure and a roller coaster in relation to the game. I can't spend every Saturday digging for ever more.

Football..... on 17:27 - Apr 14 with 1152 viewssolent_toffee

Football..... on 16:54 - Apr 14 by cocklebreath

Stated?

Yeah stated, sausage fingers!
Football..... on 17:39 - Apr 14 with 1133 viewsVagina_Dentata

Football..... on 16:08 - Apr 14 by Olliekhent

It’s nowhere near the biggest concern, but I wonder how they will allow for season ticket holders? Presumably they’d have to open it up to them and not just sky/bt subscribers.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Football..... on 18:11 - Apr 14 with 1104 viewssaint22

Football..... on 15:43 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

I can't see how the 'behind closed doors' thing works tbh
They cant just chuck 22 players and a ref out there, all the infrastructure, support staff etc its asking for trouble, not to mention the need for medics and police which will be needed elsewhere at this time
Football..... on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 1057 viewsthis_charming_man

Football..... on 18:11 - Apr 14 by saint22

I can't see how the 'behind closed doors' thing works tbh
They cant just chuck 22 players and a ref out there, all the infrastructure, support staff etc its asking for trouble, not to mention the need for medics and police which will be needed elsewhere at this time

Hey It’s actually quite simple

It’s exactly like a normal game but they don’t allow any fans in.

Football..... on 20:25 - Apr 14 with 953 viewsNumber_58

If football starts up again behind closed doors while there's still a ban in place to stop mass gatherings, how do they envisage stopping hundreds of thousands of Liverpool fans taking to the streets to celebrate their first title in decades? Same with Leeds. Whatever we think of the supporters of those clubs, they've waited a long time and I can't see them staying at home.
Football..... on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 927 viewsPatfromPoole

Football..... on 20:25 - Apr 14 by Number_58

If football starts up again behind closed doors while there's still a ban in place to stop mass gatherings, how do they envisage stopping hundreds of thousands of Liverpool fans taking to the streets to celebrate their first title in decades? Same with Leeds. Whatever we think of the supporters of those clubs, they've waited a long time and I can't see them staying at home.

+1.

It could actually lead to some pretty riotous disorder if Scousers / Leeds fans are wanting to have big celebrations on the streets and the dibble go in all heavy on them.

Would almost be worth seeing, thinking about it.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Football..... on 20:59 - Apr 14 with 795 viewssolent_toffee

Football..... on 20:25 - Apr 14 by Number_58

They will have to bring in extra police to every two bob town in Cornwall, Devon, Norway and Ireland if and when Liverpool won the league.
Football..... on 21:04 - Apr 14 with 735 views1885_SFC

Let's just scrap it.

No one of sound mind wants Liverpool to win it.

Old School is Cool

Football..... on 22:20 - Apr 14 with 678 viewskingslandstand1

Football..... on 17:20 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

Where will that leave you in relation to this forum? Not really the place for someone who doesn't care about football! Would be a shame if you felt obliged to leave - voices of reason on here are few are far between.

I have missed it. It's sloshing with too much money, dodgy types like Gao and VAR has made it worse than it was. But I miss the anticipation around each game, what the team will be, whether we will play well or badly, the post-mortems.

It punctuates the week with a little bit of drama and, for me, a day out to the game with my sons and their friends is always an adventure and a roller coaster in relation to the game. I can't spend every Saturday digging for ever more.

Let's face it, it's always a good day out with mates and an excuse, if needed, for a few beers with mates (or from your side being with your sons), but have I missed the actual game? Maybe not as much as a few years ago, but certainly the excitement of the day and feelings/excitement (can I say paiion?) for the club/team on the pitch.
Just have to try and put all the greed, corruption, cheating, arrogance, idiocy, racism, and billions that's ruining the game to one side
Football..... on 22:32 - Apr 14 with 665 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 22:20 - Apr 14 by kingslandstand1

Let's face it, it's always a good day out with mates and an excuse, if needed, for a few beers with mates (or from your side being with your sons), but have I missed the actual game? Maybe not as much as a few years ago, but certainly the excitement of the day and feelings/excitement (can I say paiion?) for the club/team on the pitch.
Just have to try and put all the greed, corruption, cheating, arrogance, idiocy, racism, and billions that's ruining the game to one side

When the ball hits the back of the net or when the final whistle goes for a win, all those things become irrelevant, thankfully.

In a world where we spend a lot of time thinking and talking, it's good to have a bit of raw emotion every couple of weeks.

Football..... on 22:43 - Apr 14 with 648 viewsthis_charming_man

Football..... on 22:32 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

When the ball hits the back of the net or when the final whistle goes for a win, all those things become irrelevant, thankfully.

In a world where we spend a lot of time thinking and talking, it's good to have a bit of raw emotion every couple of weeks.

It’s not raw emotion anymore though is it. Cheer ago, oh hold on let’s wait for the var check. Say a naughty word n the heat of the moment or stand up at the wrong time and out you go with a ban, or worse still have your own fans grassing you up on the hotline. Sing a sing that offends some snowflake and you’re worse than hitler. Then of course you never know who is filming you these days so you could easily end up that weekends social media villain. If there is one thing football isn’t these days it’s raw emotion.

Football..... on 22:49 - Apr 14 with 636 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I don't understand why people still care ... there are far more pressing issue to sort out than bloody football and when you can go to the pub again. FFS.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Football..... on 22:53 - Apr 14 with 637 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 22:43 - Apr 14 by this_charming_man

It’s not raw emotion anymore though is it. Cheer ago, oh hold on let’s wait for the var check. Say a naughty word n the heat of the moment or stand up at the wrong time and out you go with a ban, or worse still have your own fans grassing you up on the hotline. Sing a sing that offends some snowflake and you’re worse than hitler. Then of course you never know who is filming you these days so you could easily end up that weekends social media villain. If there is one thing football isn’t these days it’s raw emotion.

You have to speak for yourself TCM. It was pretty raw at Swansea away. And even more recently when Armstrong sealed it against Villa.

I agree that VAR is knocking some of the edges off - what I hate it so much - but it hasn't killed it yet for me.

Football..... on 22:55 - Apr 14 with 628 viewsthis_charming_man

Football..... on 22:53 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

You have to speak for yourself TCM. It was pretty raw at Swansea away. And even more recently when Armstrong sealed it against Villa.

I agree that VAR is knocking some of the edges off - what I hate it so much - but it hasn't killed it yet for me.

You’ve proven my point. 2 games in 2 seasons stand out For you as raw emotion.

Football..... on 22:55 - Apr 14 with 623 viewsthis_charming_man

Football..... on 22:49 - Apr 14 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't understand why people still care ... there are far more pressing issue to sort out than bloody football and when you can go to the pub again. FFS.

I do agree with you that it’s not important and I’ve not missed it, but it is a sense of normality returning for many.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024