Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Digne Gets Ban Reduced 17:03 - Oct 27 with 1020 viewsSaintNick

FA have decided it will just be a one match ban for Digne

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 17:13 - Oct 27 with 1001 viewssolent_toffee

What a strange decision, it was either a sending off or not. Three game ban or none.

Making it up as they go along.

It’s as though they weigh up what the pundits say and then pitch a response.

Poor way of managing the game and every red card will now be appealed, depending on what the media lads say.
Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 17:17 - Oct 27 with 995 viewsBazza

That is truly shocking. even from the normally pathetic FA. What message does that send out to tough defenders? You only get a 3 weeks ban if you cripple someone?
Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 17:28 - Oct 27 with 965 viewsSadoldgit

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 17:13 - Oct 27 by solent_toffee

What a strange decision, it was either a sending off or not. Three game ban or none.

Making it up as they go along.

It’s as though they weigh up what the pundits say and then pitch a response.

Poor way of managing the game and every red card will now be appealed, depending on what the media lads say.

Totally agree. It was a red or it wasn’t and if they agree then it was a 3 match ban.
Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 18:44 - Oct 27 with 890 viewsSaintsforeverj

Unless I am missing something here, this is an absolute disgrace. As has been said by others, Digne tried to foul Walker-Peters, didn't succeed, so he chased after him and nearly broke his leg by studding the back of his ankle to bring him down. The replays showed he nearly broke his leg. It was cynical to bring him down and a dangerous career ending tackle. This is a disgusting decision. There must be bribes involved. The world we live in isn't real and true is it.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 18:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 18:53 - Oct 27 with 873 viewscocklebreath

Weird, I guarantee if that’s a saints player the 3 match ban either stands or is increased. Dicks

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 22:08 - Oct 27 with 727 viewsA1079

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 18:53 - Oct 27 by cocklebreath

Weird, I guarantee if that’s a saints player the 3 match ban either stands or is increased. Dicks

Without question Cocklebreath. If it had been Saints or Brighton or Burnley or West Brom etc the 3 match ban would have stuck. One of the top 6 or league leaders and with the media pundits on your side claiming it was not intentional and not intended and they dilute the punishment.
Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 22:30 - Oct 27 with 700 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

F**king ridiculous. It's a straight red or it isn't, therefore it's a 3 game ban or it isn't.

What a bunch of w*nkers.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 22:32 - Oct 27 with 695 viewshedgeend61

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 22:08 - Oct 27 by A1079

Without question Cocklebreath. If it had been Saints or Brighton or Burnley or West Brom etc the 3 match ban would have stuck. One of the top 6 or league leaders and with the media pundits on your side claiming it was not intentional and not intended and they dilute the punishment.

Did Fulham appeal the Kamara red Saturday v Palace?, for a pretty similar tackle which the Ref originally gave a yellow.
Login to get fewer ads

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:05 - Oct 27 with 682 viewsdirk_doone

It just goes to show what enormous influence MOTD has. If Gary Lineker says it shouldn't have been a red card, then it shouldn't have been a red card. Simple as that.

Even though anyone with half an ounce of sense could see it was a 100% nailed on red card offence. Digne was out of control even before he hunted down Walker-Peters, tried to trip him once and when Walker-Peters managed to stay on his feet rather than dive as most players would have done, Digne got really angry, chased him and stamped on his heel as hard as he could to bring him down and injure him if possible. There was nothing accidental about it. Digne is one of those players who has a short fuse and it was well and truly ignited on Sunday..

Even before that incident, I said, "Digne is losing it. He is going to get a red card soon." If Lineker couldn't see any of that, he is blind to reality and so are the people who reduced the ban.

There is a lot of prejudice against Sky but at least they got a highly respected former referee, Dermot Gallagher, to analyse the incident and say why it was a totally clear red card offence; BBC just got Gary Lineker to say it wasn't.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:21 - Oct 27 with 658 viewsSaintNick

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:05 - Oct 27 by dirk_doone

It just goes to show what enormous influence MOTD has. If Gary Lineker says it shouldn't have been a red card, then it shouldn't have been a red card. Simple as that.

Even though anyone with half an ounce of sense could see it was a 100% nailed on red card offence. Digne was out of control even before he hunted down Walker-Peters, tried to trip him once and when Walker-Peters managed to stay on his feet rather than dive as most players would have done, Digne got really angry, chased him and stamped on his heel as hard as he could to bring him down and injure him if possible. There was nothing accidental about it. Digne is one of those players who has a short fuse and it was well and truly ignited on Sunday..

Even before that incident, I said, "Digne is losing it. He is going to get a red card soon." If Lineker couldn't see any of that, he is blind to reality and so are the people who reduced the ban.

There is a lot of prejudice against Sky but at least they got a highly respected former referee, Dermot Gallagher, to analyse the incident and say why it was a totally clear red card offence; BBC just got Gary Lineker to say it wasn't.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:13]

I dont think they have said that it wasn't a red card, just that it didn't merit a three game ban just one.

They could have just made it sending off sufficient punishment or rescinded it but they didn't.

Personally I thought that it was a red card but it was a clumsy challenge more than a malicious one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:32 - Oct 27 with 651 viewsSaintsforeverj

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:21 - Oct 27 by SaintNick

I dont think they have said that it wasn't a red card, just that it didn't merit a three game ban just one.

They could have just made it sending off sufficient punishment or rescinded it but they didn't.

Personally I thought that it was a red card but it was a clumsy challenge more than a malicious one

You can't say you know it wasn't malicious. Digne tried to attack him with the first tackle, didn't work so he then chased him down from behind. Then he puts his hands up in the middle of the pitch. Players do that in the box, not in the middle of of the pitch. He put his hands up knowing he was going to do a sneaky stud in his ankle. Why did he put his hands up? He wasn't in the box. It nearly broke his leg.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:34]

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:38 - Oct 27 with 641 viewsdirk_doone

It was 100% malicious. It was obvious the red mist had descended on Digne even before that incident.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:41 - Oct 27 with 633 viewsSaintsforeverj

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:38 - Oct 27 by dirk_doone

It was 100% malicious. It was obvious the red mist had descended on Digne even before that incident.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:39]

And it doesn't take a genius to work out that he put his hands up to make people think he was innocent. He put them up about 5 seconds before the tackle, knowing it was coming.

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:51 - Oct 27 with 624 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Stop talking rubbish, it was malicious - anyone could see he was losing the plot before that happened.

Malicious or not in any case, red card. Straight red = 3 game ban. There is no excuse to change that to a 1 game ban.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:53 - Oct 27 with 623 viewsSaintsforeverj

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:51 - Oct 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Stop talking rubbish, it was malicious - anyone could see he was losing the plot before that happened.

Malicious or not in any case, red card. Straight red = 3 game ban. There is no excuse to change that to a 1 game ban.

Absolutely. There must be dodgy stuff going on behind the scenes. This is 100 per cent nasty career ending tackle and should be a 3 game ban if not more. Its was a malicious, pre meditated vicious and horrifying tackle.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:55]

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 00:23 - Oct 28 with 599 viewsTimSaint

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:32 - Oct 27 by Saintsforeverj

You can't say you know it wasn't malicious. Digne tried to attack him with the first tackle, didn't work so he then chased him down from behind. Then he puts his hands up in the middle of the pitch. Players do that in the box, not in the middle of of the pitch. He put his hands up knowing he was going to do a sneaky stud in his ankle. Why did he put his hands up? He wasn't in the box. It nearly broke his leg.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:34]

I reckon it was definitely malicious. The reason I think that is because when you watch it in slow motion, he stamps with his right, but then puts his left foot down and has the chance to move his right foot away from KWP's ankle. Instead he stands on it further and pushes down on it to make sure there is further full contact and pressure.

It is most definitely seriously foul play, a straight red card and a 3 match ban. He was lucky to get away unpunished for his elbow on Bednarek, but didn't heed the warning.

Simply for appealing, he should have got a further one game ban and I would have given him an extra one game ban on top, for kicking out at the wall and for giving the officials the finger in front of the cameras for all the families at home to witness.

It was not the red card that was the joke, it was all that followed.

Reducing the ban to 1 game, effectively means that he got 2 yellows. I really don't understand or comprehend the decision. He still gets banned, so it has to be as a straight red.

If that had been a Saints player fouling an Everton player, Ancelotti would have been screaming for a red and no way would he say it was a joke. Perhaps we can ask the FA to retrospectively credit back Djenepo 2 games from his ban against Newcastle last season ? :-)
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 0:31]

TimSaint

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 06:24 - Oct 28 with 540 viewssolent_toffee

There was a precedent set with the Son tackle on Gomes last season. Gomes has brushes him off a few minutes earlier and the red mist came down and he lashed out at Gomes, completely out of control and malicious. He brings him down and Gomes goes crashing into Aurier, smashing his leg and lets be honest he’s not been the same player since.

Cue the entire football world rallying round Son as he’s not that type of player and his three match ban is reduced and all thoughts turn to Son and his mental state and the anguish of his part in the injury.

Trial by television punditry.
Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 08:48 - Oct 28 with 477 viewsRon11

Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 23:51 - Oct 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agree, totally malicious.
Is Ancelotti encouraging his players to do it?
They've already put Van Dijk out for the rest of the season.
Who will be next?
Digne Gets Ban Reduced on 08:58 - Oct 28 with 464 viewsJaySaint

Does this mean the Red Card was still the correct decision?
WTF?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024