Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? 23:23 - Feb 1 with 1482 viewsElijahK

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:40 - Feb 1 with 1146 viewsSaintNick

Not sure what people wanted from this window, if we didnt have this injury run i dont think we would have been looking for much in it.

If everyone gets back fit and the minamino deal goes throughthen we will have improved the squad, so it may be looked back in hindsight as a good window.

Few people have spent any money other than those at the bottom or Liverpool who are in an injury crisis.

No one has any money at the moment people have to accept this is not a normal window and look to what we can build.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:42 - Feb 1 with 1142 viewsBicester_North

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:40 - Feb 1 by SaintNick

Not sure what people wanted from this window, if we didnt have this injury run i dont think we would have been looking for much in it.

If everyone gets back fit and the minamino deal goes throughthen we will have improved the squad, so it may be looked back in hindsight as a good window.

Few people have spent any money other than those at the bottom or Liverpool who are in an injury crisis.

No one has any money at the moment people have to accept this is not a normal window and look to what we can build.

People likely wanted full backs, as if Bertrand or KWP out we won’t have a senior natural one, and those positions seem integral to Ralph’s system.

We were obviously after one
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 23:43]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:47 - Feb 1 with 1135 viewsSaintNick

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:42 - Feb 1 by Bicester_North

People likely wanted full backs, as if Bertrand or KWP out we won’t have a senior natural one, and those positions seem integral to Ralph’s system.

We were obviously after one
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 23:43]

We were looking for someone who was versatile enough to play there rather than a long term option as obviously KWP is seen as the long term option on the right.

Ralph obviously feels he can cope when everyone is fit, otherwise he would have kept Vokins and Valery

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:54 - Feb 1 with 1117 viewsTimSaint

The club are losing money so really can't afford to sign anyone and as we already had Walcott on loan, we can only sign 1 more loanee.

Minamino is good enough - especially if we ship Long off to the Cherries.

Don't think we really should have loaned out both our back up full backs.

For Valery to go, it is probably a mistake as he can play wide right too, however if you are him, you play v Arsenal but then get dropped for Villa, so it shows Ralph doesn't trust him at RB, so that probably made him want to go elsewhere.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 0:02]

TimSaint

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 00:38 - Feb 2 with 1082 viewsDorsetIan

Do we have another left back if Bertrand injured or suspended?

Do we have another right back if KWP is injured or suspended?

Im not talking about makeshifts like JWP or Djenepo

The answer is now no to both questions isn’t it? This is not normal to let the 2 obvious replacements out on loan. Most clubs in our situation would be recalling their loanees.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 00:40 - Feb 2 with 1082 viewsdirk_doone

Considering the fact the club is massively in debt, I think they have done very well in this transfer window to offload Long and Valery and bring in Minamino. Of course, we'd all have liked them to splash the imaginary cash and bring in the likes of Volland and Botman but, under the circumstances, the main thing is, Minamino is better than Long + Valery.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 0:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 06:59 - Feb 2 with 952 viewssaint22

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:47 - Feb 1 by SaintNick

We were looking for someone who was versatile enough to play there rather than a long term option as obviously KWP is seen as the long term option on the right.

Ralph obviously feels he can cope when everyone is fit, otherwise he would have kept Vokins and Valery

But as we have seen everyone isn’t fit and therefore we have a problem that’s now exacerbated
Very strange
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 07:19 - Feb 2 with 937 viewsButty101

How can anyone try and dress that up asa good window. We now have 0 cover at full back and long our experienced run the clock down go to guy has been shipped.
Jack Stephens can’t play left back, imagine Bertrand gets injured tonight.....
A wide player was the last thing we needed as we are well stocked in that area. Everyone seems to think he is good, I can’t say I’ve heard of him.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 08:01 - Feb 2 with 896 views1teeminants

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 23:47 - Feb 1 by SaintNick

Not sure what happened to Valery he used to be a decent right back but something went wrong.I guess we’ll be playing the kids to cover full back positions when needed . I don’t know who they are really but we’re all about to find out.

In other areas From what I’ve seen Jankewitz and Watts seem decent players, not sure about N’lundulu and Chaulke yet. Hopefully Ralph has made peace with Jankewitz as he handed in a transfer request due to lack of game time.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 08:11 - Feb 2 with 879 viewsHeisenberg

The financial accounts for all but the top clubs are going to be disastrous. Saints are in debt and losing money and god knows how clubs outside of the premier league are managing. And yet we have high flying business people on here calling for the club to spend more money and bring players in. Ralph made it clear - the club has no money. We also need to free up the wage bill. Its not rocket science.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 825 viewssaint22

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 08:11 - Feb 2 by Heisenberg

The financial accounts for all but the top clubs are going to be disastrous. Saints are in debt and losing money and god knows how clubs outside of the premier league are managing. And yet we have high flying business people on here calling for the club to spend more money and bring players in. Ralph made it clear - the club has no money. We also need to free up the wage bill. Its not rocket science.

Yet we loaned in a player we don't need
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:21 - Feb 2 with 794 viewsSonicBoom

I have to say I like the look of Minamino, he's worth a try on load and will provide competition for Adams.
I'm really not sure what is going on in defence.
I'd like to have seen some experienced cover coming in for our full backs as Ralph seems to have no faith in the options he had.
What I didn't expect was for us to ship out those options. Are we really to believe that having no back ups at all, is better than having Vokins and Valery? I am not surprised we didn't strengthen, but I'm amazed we actually weakened ourselves.
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:58 - Feb 2 with 757 viewsChesham_Saint

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 08:11 - Feb 2 by Heisenberg

Absolutely agree with you there, H

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:58 - Feb 2 with 757 viewskernow

Maybe it's a calculated gamble to loan out promising , young, fringe players who need game time.
With 29 points at the beginning of this month, the club's status in the league seems assured.
Finances are obviously difficult and the transfer market is not exactly buoyant.
A satisfactory window? Let's have a look, as Ralph might say.
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:58 - Feb 2 with 757 viewsSaintNick

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 07:19 - Feb 2 by Butty101

How can anyone try and dress that up asa good window. We now have 0 cover at full back and long our experienced run the clock down go to guy has been shipped.
Jack Stephens can’t play left back, imagine Bertrand gets injured tonight.....
A wide player was the last thing we needed as we are well stocked in that area. Everyone seems to think he is good, I can’t say I’ve heard of him.

The cover we had at full back was Vokins who Ralph doesn't think is ready and Valery who isnt the same player as two years ago.

Ralph's thinking is that if he wasn't going to be happy using either as back up then he might as well loan them out to bring in someone else, but to say he has 0 cover at full back is wrong.

Jack Stephens can play at full back, James Ward Prowse can slot in as can others like Diallo.

You say Stephens cant play at left back, i am not the biggest fan of Stephens, but he deputised for Bertrand there against Newcastle and did ok.

As you say you havent heard of Minamino, so how can you say he is the last thing we need, he can play either side out wide and also as an attacking central midfielder or even an out and out striker, so he is versatile.

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:00 - Feb 2 with 754 viewsSadoldgit

Well, that was a weird one. We must be even more screwed financially than said. To go into the window needing full back cover but actually letting two full backs go it beyond strange given our injury situation in other areas too. Oh well, it is what it is. At least we have another goal scoring option for now.
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:01 - Feb 2 with 754 viewssaint22

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:21 - Feb 2 by SonicBoom

I have to say I like the look of Minamino, he's worth a try on load and will provide competition for Adams.
I'd like to have seen some experienced cover coming in for our full backs as Ralph seems to have no faith in the options he had.
What I didn't expect was for us to ship out those options. Are we really to believe that having no back ups at all, is better than having Vokins and Valery? I am not surprised we didn't strengthen, but I'm amazed we actually weakened ourselves.

spot on
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:05 - Feb 2 with 752 viewsForeverred

I agree most premier league club are losing money at the moment, and the club has always stated we have to balance our expenditure when buying players or loaning them. So to do so players go out on loan also to balance the books. My main question here is did we need another forward player in minamino ,when we seem to have more options in that department, I was surprised we let Valery go out on loan when we have no real cover in that position, maybe Ralph believes in the event of injuries to our full back position, jack Stephens or Diallo can do a make shift cover job , Hopefully we will have more options when Saliu is fully fit, but I feel playing players out of normal position weakens the team especially in ward prowse case .maybe Kanye Ramsay could be the understudy for Bertrand. But I feel sorry for Ralph , he knows what he needs but his hands are tied because of finance. He done a great job so far, and I am sure he will continue to do so. Coyr
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:11 - Feb 2 with 745 viewssaint22

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:00 - Feb 2 by Sadoldgit

Well, that was a weird one. We must be even more screwed financially than said. To go into the window needing full back cover but actually letting two full backs go it beyond strange given our injury situation in other areas too. Oh well, it is what it is. At least we have another goal scoring option for now.

Maybe Salisu is now available...............???
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:22 - Feb 2 with 732 viewsDorsetIan

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:58 - Feb 2 by SaintNick

The cover we had at full back was Vokins who Ralph doesn't think is ready and Valery who isnt the same player as two years ago.

Ralph's thinking is that if he wasn't going to be happy using either as back up then he might as well loan them out to bring in someone else, but to say he has 0 cover at full back is wrong.

Jack Stephens can play at full back, James Ward Prowse can slot in as can others like Diallo.

You say Stephens cant play at left back, i am not the biggest fan of Stephens, but he deputised for Bertrand there against Newcastle and did ok.

As you say you havent heard of Minamino, so how can you say he is the last thing we need, he can play either side out wide and also as an attacking central midfielder or even an out and out striker, so he is versatile.

JWP is not full back cover. He is a key part of our midfield. Likewise, Jack Stephens, Diallo or Djenepo are no more cover than are Bednarek, Adams or Redmond. I think your comment proves the point that we have let any cover in those areas go.

Valery and Vokins didn't do particularly well against Arsenal but neither were they an absolute disaster, and against sides with a less potent attacking threat, they would have been better than dragging players out of position from elsewhere. (Let's be honest, the worst of Ralph was when he was moving players around like chessmen).

Got to feel for both Vokins and Valery. A week ago today they were preparing for a chance to prove themselves against Arsenal. I bet neither of them predicted they be shipped out a week later.

Weakening your on the pitch side to this extent is not a 'sustainable business model' - it's financial penny pinching taken to the extreme. It's clear we've got no money. We had no money before Covid and as long as Gao is the owner of the club we will have no money.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:26 - Feb 2 with 719 viewsForeverred

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:11 - Feb 2 by saint22

Maybe Salisu is now available...............???

Question does anyone know how Sam McQueen is recovering ?
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 690 viewsPaleRider

This is clearly a transfer window with the eye on the long term. In case anyone has missed it, this is the second best points total after 20 games we have had since promotion. At present we have had a blip mainly due to injuries and not being able to use some of our world class facilities - but then Koeman and Poch also had blips (at a club of our size it is inevitable).

Keep the faith and COYS.
How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:46 - Feb 2 with 685 views1teeminants

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:21 - Feb 2 by SonicBoom

Maybe Ralph was told to loan out more players to free up wages. I can’t really think of another valid reason why it happened.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:55 - Feb 2 with 666 viewsButty101

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 09:58 - Feb 2 by SaintNick

I repeat we have 0 cover at full back. None of the options you mentioned do a great job and are square pegs in round holes. Jack Stephens was lucky he was up against a very timid Newcastle that offered no attacking threat. JWP got skinned several times by Grealish and had lost him for villas goals.

Im assuming KWP is fit tonight, otherwise letting Valery go is insane. If Dnepo is our rightback god help us....

Minamino from what ive read is a wide player and we are well stocked with Armstrong, Walcott, Dnepo, Redmond and tella. Im not passing any judgement on him. Its just not an area we need cover.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 11:10]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How Satisfied Are You With Our January Transfer Market? on 10:58 - Feb 2 with 660 viewspjt50

Ralph seems to want a small versatile squad where players are capable of stepping up to the first team. He obviously thought that Valery & Vokins didn't fit the bill. Going out on loan could be the “kiss of death” for these two. Ralph said recently that players could learn more by staying here & I can't think of many recently who have come back from a loan & established themselves in the first team squad.

Minamino gives us the option to move JWP to right back at a push. Hopefully not needed but useful in energencies.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024