Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints 17:23 - Mar 10 with 2458 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19982762.amp/

Ralph is an honest guy. I'm not naive enough to think he wouldn't be tempted by a big club and massive wages, but I believe the words he says. He can't imagine a better job. His wife loves it here, and that's important!!! Gut feeling is that Ralph means what he says.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 17:26]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 17:37 - Mar 10 with 2003 viewssaints__fan__73

I think he'll stay for one more season but the club won't want to keep him for his final year if he's not willing to sign a new deal.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:09 - Mar 10 with 1835 viewsRon11

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 17:37 - Mar 10 by saints__fan__73

I think he'll stay for one more season but the club won't want to keep him for his final year if he's not willing to sign a new deal.

I don't want him stay for another season.
Totally destroyed good momentum by changing the team and tactics yet again.
He's spent most of his time here learning from his mistakes while we go through repeated false dawns and not one, but two 9-0 defeats.
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:23 - Mar 10 with 1824 viewsRon11

A question: why are we STILL not seeing Perraud at left back and Walker - Peters at fightback?
WTF is that all about?
Newcastle were nothing special at all and yet the back and side passing from Saints reappeared tonight....
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 06:57 - Mar 11 with 1739 viewssaintwizzler

Newcastle did their homework.
Sit deep and let us pass it sideways constantly until we finally lose possession.
I’m sure in Now Sports commentary it was said we have conceded the most headed goals in the PL this season. True?

NU goal 1 - a more mobile keeper comes for that cross.
NU goal 2 - poor marking but a superb finish.

We are conceding an average of 1.5 goals per game in the league…

Must win on Sunday for some momentum for the Man City game.
Lose the next two and season over, play the kids.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 07:00 - Mar 11 with 1738 viewsHeisenberg

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:23 - Mar 10 by Ron11

A question: why are we STILL not seeing Perraud at left back and Walker - Peters at fightback?
WTF is that all about?
Newcastle were nothing special at all and yet the back and side passing from Saints reappeared tonight....

Wanting Ralph out after a couple of defeats is totally ridiculous. Who would you want as a replacement and do you you think given the current resources he could get us higher than 10th and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup ?

As for KWP as left back. He has been excellent. Maldini and in particular Lahm both played as right footed left backs or vice versa.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 07:38 - Mar 11 with 1720 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 07:00 - Mar 11 by Heisenberg

Wanting Ralph out after a couple of defeats is totally ridiculous. Who would you want as a replacement and do you you think given the current resources he could get us higher than 10th and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup ?

As for KWP as left back. He has been excellent. Maldini and in particular Lahm both played as right footed left backs or vice versa.

Trouble is with Hassenhüttl it’s massive highs and massive lows.
Reaching the top of the PL then dropping like a stone for the rest of the calendar year.

Our recent good run followed by 2 poor performances have got a lot of supporters thinking here we go again..

No one remembers the Quarter Finalists or even the Semi Finalists.

A win against Watford on Sunday will set us up nicely with a full weeks rest for hopefully our 3 ‘cup finals’
38 points should do us nicely for another PL season.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 13:18 - Mar 11 with 1593 viewssaint22

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 07:38 - Mar 11 by saintwizzler

Reaching the top of the PL then dropping like a stone for the rest of the calendar year.

Our recent good run followed by 2 poor performances have got a lot of supporters thinking here we go again..

A win against Watford on Sunday will set us up nicely with a full weeks rest for hopefully our 3 ‘cup finals’

I sort of agree here, although I also wonder if we are one or two more players away from being a really good side

We lose a quality CB and maybe rush him back and it all goes t1ts up
We lack a really creative midfielder bar SA so struggle when we rely on him
We lack a quality keeper

Seems to me each season we encounter an issue here and each year there is a drop off when we do
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 13:46 - Mar 11 with 1576 viewsElijahK

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:09 - Mar 10 by Ron11

I don't want him stay for another season.
Totally destroyed good momentum by changing the team and tactics yet again.
He's spent most of his time here learning from his mistakes while we go through repeated false dawns and not one, but two 9-0 defeats.

He’s been playing basically the exact same team for the last few months, with the exception of the odd injury/FA cup game being the only times he’s not.
And yeah we’ve had some poor stuff under him, but we’ve also had some great one like making back to back FA cup quarter (and maybe even semi) finals, going top of the league for the first time, actually playing decent football again, actually challenging the big teams, but of course now that we’ve lost two games all you Ralph out lot have all started to appear again

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 13:54 - Mar 11 with 1569 viewsTimSaint

WTF is that all about?

If you saw Perraud's second half performance at Villa, you will know why he was subbed in that game and why he was left out last night.

As well as he played against West Ham in the Cup, he was way off that level at Villa and the fact that KWP was probably most people's MOTM last night, justifies his selection ahead of Perraud.

Maybe Perraud will be back v Watford and KWP moves to RB ?
RH seems to drop certain people if they perform badly and leave them out for a game or 2 - Djenny for example was awful v West Ham, got hooked, missed the Villa game and came back from the bench last night.

TimSaint

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 13:55 - Mar 11 with 1569 viewsElijahK

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 07:38 - Mar 11 by saintwizzler

I agree that you don’t remember the semi finalists or runners up, and that we don’t wanna go on a poor run, but for what he’s had, seeing how that’s only our second loss at home all season, anyone calling for him to go is just pathetic and a plastic so called “fan”.
As since we lost to Arsenal, we’ve gotten to an FA Cup quarter final, and have played Man City, Wolves, Brentford, Norwich, Everton, Spurs, Man U, Vill and Newcastle, which most fans would’ve probably expected like 9/10 points from, yet he’s gotten us 14, which is much better.
But yeah we don’t wanna go on a poor run and the Watford game on Sunday will probably determine that, but seeing how they’ve been recently, I really don’t see them getting anything, so until we’ve played them, I can’t really see how anyone can complain that much seeing how as I’ve shown above, we’ve done miles better than what people expected us to do.

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 16:31 - Mar 11 with 1508 viewsButty101

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 13:55 - Mar 11 by ElijahK

I agree that you don’t remember the semi finalists or runners up, and that we don’t wanna go on a poor run, but for what he’s had, seeing how that’s only our second loss at home all season, anyone calling for him to go is just pathetic and a plastic so called “fan”.
As since we lost to Arsenal, we’ve gotten to an FA Cup quarter final, and have played Man City, Wolves, Brentford, Norwich, Everton, Spurs, Man U, Vill and Newcastle, which most fans would’ve probably expected like 9/10 points from, yet he’s gotten us 14, which is much better.
But yeah we don’t wanna go on a poor run and the Watford game on Sunday will probably determine that, but seeing how they’ve been recently, I really don’t see them getting anything, so until we’ve played them, I can’t really see how anyone can complain that much seeing how as I’ve shown above, we’ve done miles better than what people expected us to do.

So if some one doesn’t agree with your opinion they are pathetic…. That will win you the argument every time!
I’m not in the Ralph cult. We could easily lose the next 10 on the trot now. His history here dictates that. He has broken some records here and not good ones.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 17:03 - Mar 11 with 1462 viewsPoirot

How many goals have Saints conceded since Ralph was in charge ? PL record i suspect.
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 17:07 - Mar 11 with 1467 viewsDellHero_Would

Saints will never be a consistent top 6 team, not in my lifetime (20+ years left). Just accept it’s part of being a Saints fan. RH has done reasonably well in his time here. I’ll say this, I’d prefer to support a team that works within the “traditions” of management/coaching than watch a team funded by a bunch of sand ******* or money from a rubber duck salesman who spent his time sûcking off in Red Square.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 17:11]

Poll: Wearing a mask

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 17:32 - Mar 11 with 1436 viewsBerber

WTF is that all about?

KWP at RB ends with him turning back in a circle to then make a backward pass far too often. He is much more effective for the team at LB.
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 22:57 - Mar 11 with 1363 viewsRon11

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 13:55 - Mar 11 by ElijahK

We'll see against Watford who now have a manager who does his homework.
Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:01 - Mar 11 with 1361 viewsElijahK

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 16:31 - Mar 11 by Butty101

So if some one doesn’t agree with your opinion they are pathetic…. That will win you the argument every time!
I’m not in the Ralph cult. We could easily lose the next 10 on the trot now. His history here dictates that. He has broken some records here and not good ones.

I never said that, as people didn’t agree with me over Forster, and I never called them pathetic, as they could’ve been quite easily right, which in the end they were, and that’s the same for a few other areas as well. But I will call people pathetic for expecting us to be as good as/better than the likes of Man City/Liverpool (aka miles ahead of where we are), and if we’re not, blaming the manager and expecting him to go.
As that will win an argument

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:14 - Mar 11 with 1354 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:01 - Mar 11 by ElijahK

I never said that, as people didn’t agree with me over Forster, and I never called them pathetic, as they could’ve been quite easily right, which in the end they were, and that’s the same for a few other areas as well. But I will call people pathetic for expecting us to be as good as/better than the likes of Man City/Liverpool (aka miles ahead of where we are), and if we’re not, blaming the manager and expecting him to go.
As that will win an argument

Yeah, I agree. I don't really understand what the Ralph moaners want. It is true that we might go on a winning run and then a losing run, but we are Saints, we aren't going to win every game. What do they want? A winning run that goes on forever, and we therefore win the league? Or win one, lose one, win one, lose one to spread it out a bit. What difference does it make! We aren't Man City so we won't win every game. We go on a winning run, it's great fun, win 6 in a row and then we lose a few, so what? As long as we finish mid table, stay in the league and have a cup run. That's Saints. It won't change unless we buy the top players. We would all love to win 15 in a row. We could be Watford or Norwich - No winning runs at all, just constant defeats.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 23:17]

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 00:26 - Mar 12 with 1326 viewsElijahK

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 23:14 - Mar 11 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah, I agree. I don't really understand what the Ralph moaners want. It is true that we might go on a winning run and then a losing run, but we are Saints, we aren't going to win every game. What do they want? A winning run that goes on forever, and we therefore win the league? Or win one, lose one, win one, lose one to spread it out a bit. What difference does it make! We aren't Man City so we won't win every game. We go on a winning run, it's great fun, win 6 in a row and then we lose a few, so what? As long as we finish mid table, stay in the league and have a cup run. That's Saints. It won't change unless we buy the top players. We would all love to win 15 in a row. We could be Watford or Norwich - No winning runs at all, just constant defeats.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 23:17]

Exactly, yet some people still seem to think that we’ve got a team of the best players on earth that could make it into basically all other PL teams around! Along with hundreds of millions to spend on players for the weaker positions every transfer market that comes around.

But I guess not everyone is realistic enough/realises that the real PL ain’t like Fifa and such where you can just buy whoever you want and keep all your best players without any hassle!

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 11:38 - Mar 12 with 1220 viewsButty101

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 00:26 - Mar 12 by ElijahK

Exactly, yet some people still seem to think that we’ve got a team of the best players on earth that could make it into basically all other PL teams around! Along with hundreds of millions to spend on players for the weaker positions every transfer market that comes around.

But I guess not everyone is realistic enough/realises that the real PL ain’t like Fifa and such where you can just buy whoever you want and keep all your best players without any hassle!

You two have some strange ideas. Can you share the link where anyone has suggested we should be. Winning the league and champions league. Let’s face it Southampton isn’t a glamorous club and hardly likely to attract “plastic” fans as you call them.
Do you think Ralph has done better than poch or Ron?
As I’ve said before, if Ralph has done a great job a big cLub would of got him by now.

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 12:01 - Mar 12 with 1207 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 11:38 - Mar 12 by Butty101

You two have some strange ideas. Can you share the link where anyone has suggested we should be. Winning the league and champions league. Let’s face it Southampton isn’t a glamorous club and hardly likely to attract “plastic” fans as you call them.
As I’ve said before, if Ralph has done a great job a big cLub would of got him by now.

Poch and Koeman had better teams. VD, Mane, Lambert, then Tadic and Pelle were top / world class players. We don't have the same quality of players now, so it's not really a fair comparison. Poch, I do think is an outstanding manager who has done well at many other clubs. But we wouldn't get a manager like that, and I doubt if even he would get more out of Redmond and Stephens.

The point you are missing, is that if we got rid.of Ralph, we wouldn't get in a Poch. Managers like that are looking higher than us. We would likely end up with a Hughes or a Pellegrino, a Bruce or a Puel. We are mid table and.in a cup quarter final. We have had some good results. It could be a lot a worse. You might argue it could be better, but you really think a really top manager would come here? I will ask you a question, who would you prefer, Pellegrino, Hughes, Redknapp or Ralph? At least we get a few good results, we won't go down and we could win a cup under Ralph.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 12:02]

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 10:08 - Mar 13 with 1103 viewsElijahK

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 11:38 - Mar 12 by Butty101

I do think he’s done better than Poch, as his squad was already buoy for him when he came in, and made us finish where Adkins left us at for his first season, and then in the second one played some entertaining football that was decent enough for us to not worry about relegation all season, but the squad he started with, as well as the resources he had at his disposal were both miles better than what Ralph’s had, hence why I’d say that Ralph has been better/just as good as Poch for what he’s done here.
And if you wanna see people suggesting that we should be making Europe and winning stuff, well just look at all those fans calling for Ralph to be sacked on social media (including here) after we lost against two teams with much more resources than us, after being on a streak of like 1 defeat in 12 games, which had gotten us to 9th, as well as making the FA Cup quarter-finals. So really the only way you can do better than that, is by making Europe/winning cups, and seeing how people want him him sacked, well it shows that that’s what some people do expect

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 10:12 - Mar 13 with 1101 viewsElijahK

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 12:01 - Mar 12 by Saintsforeverj

Poch and Koeman had better teams. VD, Mane, Lambert, then Tadic and Pelle were top / world class players. We don't have the same quality of players now, so it's not really a fair comparison. Poch, I do think is an outstanding manager who has done well at many other clubs. But we wouldn't get a manager like that, and I doubt if even he would get more out of Redmond and Stephens.

The point you are missing, is that if we got rid.of Ralph, we wouldn't get in a Poch. Managers like that are looking higher than us. We would likely end up with a Hughes or a Pellegrino, a Bruce or a Puel. We are mid table and.in a cup quarter final. We have had some good results. It could be a lot a worse. You might argue it could be better, but you really think a really top manager would come here? I will ask you a question, who would you prefer, Pellegrino, Hughes, Redknapp or Ralph? At least we get a few good results, we won't go down and we could win a cup under Ralph.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 12:02]

Spot on, as I kinda wish we could have a season under the likes of Hughes or such again, just to remind those that are always complaining about Ralph, of how bad it can really get, and how he’s miles better than almost all the managers we would replace him with if he was to go.

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 14:39 - Mar 13 with 1054 viewsButty101

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 10:12 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Spot on, as I kinda wish we could have a season under the likes of Hughes or such again, just to remind those that are always complaining about Ralph, of how bad it can really get, and how he’s miles better than almost all the managers we would replace him with if he was to go.

I don’t remember getting dicked 9-0 when Hughes was manger. Or setting a record for the amount of losses . I reckon Hughes would of got more points from the last 3 games

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 14:46 - Mar 13 with 1040 viewssaint68

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 14:39 - Mar 13 by Butty101

I don’t remember getting dicked 9-0 when Hughes was manger. Or setting a record for the amount of losses . I reckon Hughes would of got more points from the last 3 games

The annual nine goal defeat is but a week away at this fukin rate..... 0-9 easily achievable next weekend.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 14:49 - Mar 13 with 1034 viewsHeisenberg

Ralph hints he won't leave Saints on 14:39 - Mar 13 by Butty101

Hughes win record under 19% at Saints. Ralph’s almost double at 36. You really aren’t very good at this are you.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024