Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit 15:06 - Jun 20 with 4527 viewsSaintNick

Surprisingly quiet on the new kit front

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

New Kit on 15:09 - Jun 20 with 3785 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick, I have it on good authority that it will not be 'traditional' stripes.

Something we can all unite and get behind, yes?

#letsnotlooklikedeckchairs

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

New Kit on 15:11 - Jun 20 with 3786 viewsSaintNick

New Kit on 15:09 - Jun 20 by saints__fan__73

Nick, I have it on good authority that it will not be 'traditional' stripes.

Something we can all unite and get behind, yes?

#letsnotlooklikedeckchairs

Vdry good, your insider knowledge often proves to be so accurate its uncanny Yes ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

New Kit on 15:17 - Jun 20 with 3760 viewssaints__fan__73

New Kit on 15:11 - Jun 20 by SaintNick

Vdry good, your insider knowledge often proves to be so accurate its uncanny Yes ?

To be blunt Nick, history has proven that my inside scoops are 'vdry' good.

New Kit on 15:34 - Jun 20 with 3705 viewsSadoldgit

Elsewhere it has been suggested that the launch will happen soon. If what they say is true this year’s home kit will be similar to Ajax, mostly white with a red stripe down the front. Away kit blue and third kit possibly “sludge” coloured or possibly slate blue/grey. I guess we shall find out soon enough. It was also hinted that they were holding the launch back to tie in with a new signing. Again, whether any of this is actually true I don’t know but some social media rumours do turn out to be true!
New Kit on 18:28 - Jun 20 with 3577 viewssaint22

I would imagine we use the same kit as lasts eason so we can save money and buy a CB
New Kit on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 3466 viewsclunk76

Surprisingly quiet? In recent years we've always been way late announcing and indeed stocking new kits. Its been nothing but a shambles. It doesn't take a marketing genius to realise that if you unveil a new kit and get it in the shop at the start of summer you'll sell tons more units... Another area of our business activities where we have consistently failed at something really quite obvious...
New Kit on 21:24 - Jun 20 with 3416 viewsSadoldgit

If you are going to buy a shirt, you buy a shirt don’t you. Why would you decide not to if it is released a couple of weeks later. I haven’t seen many other new kits launched so I guess other EPL teams will also suffer a downturn in shirt sales.
New Kit on 21:53 - Jun 20 with 3401 viewsHaroldKSteptoe

I've never been wrong before. Definitely all white with red just down the front, 3rd kit Air force blue with nice touches to the sleeves and away kit crappy wave effects, definitely one for the women.
Login to get fewer ads

New Kit on 14:11 - Jun 21 with 3270 viewsTimSaint

https://www.sotonians.com/t/new-kit-22-23/6493

Contains images of 6 'potential' Saints shirts for the coming season.

TimSaint

New Kit on 15:10 - Jun 21 with 3224 viewsChesham_Saint

New Kit on 15:34 - Jun 20 by Sadoldgit

Elsewhere it has been suggested that the launch will happen soon. If what they say is true this year’s home kit will be similar to Ajax, mostly white with a red stripe down the front. Away kit blue and third kit possibly “sludge” coloured or possibly slate blue/grey. I guess we shall find out soon enough. It was also hinted that they were holding the launch back to tie in with a new signing. Again, whether any of this is actually true I don’t know but some social media rumours do turn out to be true!

“Sludge coloured” y’say? Not surprised, given some/most of the shit performances last season.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New Kit on 18:46 - Jun 21 with 3149 viewsTripleNiemi

New Kit on 15:10 - Jun 21 by Chesham_Saint

“Sludge coloured” y’say? Not surprised, given some/most of the shit performances last season.

Chesham sir, come on let's have some positivity.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

New Kit on 09:39 - Jun 29 with 2802 viewssaints__fan__73

New Kit on 15:11 - Jun 20 by SaintNick

Quite correct Nick. I have been proved right yet again!

New Kit on 09:48 - Jun 29 with 2773 viewssaintwizzler

Nice shirt apart from the sponsor scrawled across the front.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

New Kit on 09:55 - Jun 29 with 2753 views1885_SFC

I don't mind the new shirt... it's the marketing bollix that goes with it.

"Launched under the campaign, Bold is Brave, the club say its new kit is aimed at celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch, with hopes the shirt can inspire Saints fans to be brave, whatever the challenge."

“Being brave is in our DNA. We’ve always looked for new ways to push boundaries and this season’s kit is no different,” said Sarah Batters, Director of marketing and partnerships at Southampton.
"

Looks like the kit has been released along with a couple of new signings though - including (at last) an experienced centre back on JWP's right...

Old School is Cool

New Kit on 10:39 - Jun 29 with 2681 viewsMattFinish

New Kit on 09:55 - Jun 29 by 1885_SFC

I don't mind the new shirt... it's the marketing bollix that goes with it.

"Launched under the campaign, Bold is Brave, the club say its new kit is aimed at celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch, with hopes the shirt can inspire Saints fans to be brave, whatever the challenge."

“Being brave is in our DNA. We’ve always looked for new ways to push boundaries and this season’s kit is no different,” said Sarah Batters, Director of marketing and partnerships at Southampton.
"

Looks like the kit has been released along with a couple of new signings though - including (at last) an experienced centre back on JWP's right...

I like the new shirt
Let's hope we play like Ajax
New Kit on 10:42 - Jun 29 with 2658 viewsSadoldgit

Would prefer it the other way round with more red.
New Kit on 12:28 - Jun 29 with 2542 viewsclunk76

Big thanks to SFC for saving me a big wedge of cash by releasing yet anther terrible shirt! WTF is going on with the thick black trim? Hideous!
New Kit on 12:39 - Jun 29 with 2513 viewsfranniesTache

I love this time of year, a bunch of overweight adults scream about how a football top has the "wrong" type of stripes and how much they hate it before spending money they could spend on a decent shirt or polo on the thing they said they hate
New Kit on 12:45 - Jun 29 with 2506 viewsTripleNiemi

New Kit on 12:39 - Jun 29 by franniesTache

I love this time of year, a bunch of overweight adults scream about how a football top has the "wrong" type of stripes and how much they hate it before spending money they could spend on a decent shirt or polo on the thing they said they hate

Grown blokes in replica kits is simply wrong. Put them on a par with Redmond and his dress sense.

New Kit on 12:49 - Jun 29 with 2504 viewsfranniesTache

New Kit on 12:45 - Jun 29 by TripleNiemi

Grown blokes in replica kits is simply wrong. Put them on a par with Redmond and his dress sense.

I'm also hoping we have no yellow in our away kits as it's dull as f(ck listening to our fans shout yellows at the pitch like a special needs child who's excited that they've just discovered the ability to recognise a colour
New Kit on 13:00 - Jun 29 with 2491 viewsTimSaint

New Kit on 10:42 - Jun 29 by Sadoldgit

Would prefer it the other way round with more red.

The reasons behind this........

A true statement piece, the new home shirt draws inspiration from those worn by the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early '80s. Reversing the colours of the shirt first worn by trailblazers like Kevin Keegan, Alan Ball and Charlie George, the striking central red stripe and central badge mark a brave new direction for the club.

Bravery forms a core part of who we are, wanting to always push the boundaries, challenge the convention and continuously innovate.

With this season’s bold kit, we are celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch. We’ve taken inspiration from the single bold red stripe, wanting to inspire our fans to be brave, whatever their challenge is — just as our players seek to be brave on the pitch.

Further subtle detail is reflected in the contemporary geometric pattern taken from the iconic stanchions of St Mary’s, and the central badge stands this kit apart from previous seasons. The sleeves are complemented with two chevrons, taken from hummel’s iconic design trademark, and have been inspired by their retro kits. The inside neckline also features the hummel logo.

......oh and perhaps the fact that Under Armour released their take on the iconic 'Keegan' shirt about 4 or 5 seasons ago !!

TimSaint

New Kit on 13:05 - Jun 29 with 2477 viewsTripleNiemi

New Kit on 13:00 - Jun 29 by TimSaint

The reasons behind this........

A true statement piece, the new home shirt draws inspiration from those worn by the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early '80s. Reversing the colours of the shirt first worn by trailblazers like Kevin Keegan, Alan Ball and Charlie George, the striking central red stripe and central badge mark a brave new direction for the club.

Bravery forms a core part of who we are, wanting to always push the boundaries, challenge the convention and continuously innovate.

With this season’s bold kit, we are celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch. We’ve taken inspiration from the single bold red stripe, wanting to inspire our fans to be brave, whatever their challenge is — just as our players seek to be brave on the pitch.

Further subtle detail is reflected in the contemporary geometric pattern taken from the iconic stanchions of St Mary’s, and the central badge stands this kit apart from previous seasons. The sleeves are complemented with two chevrons, taken from hummel’s iconic design trademark, and have been inspired by their retro kits. The inside neckline also features the hummel logo.

......oh and perhaps the fact that Under Armour released their take on the iconic 'Keegan' shirt about 4 or 5 seasons ago !!

New Kit on 13:07 - Jun 29 with 2471 viewsPoirot

Even worse than the UA attempt, looks cheap , i hate centred badges and the black trim is just too heavy. But as they say its all about the football and not what they play in.
New Kit on 13:10 - Jun 29 with 2461 viewsTripleNiemi

Just a thought, we could introduce a new concept for PL kits by placing $ or £ signs around the club badge to signify how many times we have won the Net Spend Trophy......

New Kit on 13:16 - Jun 29 with 2447 viewsfranniesTache

New Kit on 13:07 - Jun 29 by Poirot

Even worse than the UA attempt, looks cheap , i hate centred badges and the black trim is just too heavy. But as they say its all about the football and not what they play in.

Loads of people seem to now love the pony kit which was roundly hated when it was released, but because people associate it with prime le tiss it's loved.

Same as the "denmark" kit that loads want a re-do of, which i remember most people hating at the time.

Personally if i was to make on change to our kit i'd bring back the blue shorts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024