Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Spurs Match 11:12 - Mar 19 with 2682 viewsSaintNick

1. The crowd stayed with Saints, there wasn't a mass walkout when they went 3-1 up and it raised the team.

2. Elyounoussi was not many peoples first choice in the team but he played well yesterday

3. We have to stop giving free headers in the box

4. Maitlamd Niles should play right back with KWP at Left back, Romain Perraud gets caught out too often.

5. Why does the Saints ticketing website show seats as sold when they clearly havent been

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Spurs Match on 11:53 - Mar 19 with 2297 viewssaint22

Elyounoussi was woefully out of position and constantly left Perraud exposed, no coincidence two of their goals came from taht side and our lack of cover and cohesion
he only comes alive when the ball is at his feet and near him, his positional sense is very poor
He is a weak link in our side and teams know it
5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 2215 viewsdwayne_dibley

why 5?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:22 - Mar 19 with 2204 viewsPatfromPoole

Re 5, isn’t this due to lots of ST holders not attending?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:22 - Mar 19 with 2203 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:22 - Mar 19 by PatfromPoole

I know of quite a few who didn’t bother yesterday.

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:28 - Mar 19 with 2195 viewsPatfromPoole

Have to completely disagree with Point 4.

You totally nullify the attacking threat of KWP by playing him at LB. As I have mentioned on another thread, he and Perraud are our two most creative players.

Mainland-Niles may yet turn out to be a CB of some use….

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:31 - Mar 19 with 2189 viewsSouthamptonfan

After Saints scored the 2nd goal, It's the first time I have heard the Saints fans sing so loudly in a long while, in all four sides of the ground.

It's also been a long while since I have heard fans unanimously vocal, in their support for the manager.

I have never seen so many Japanese and Koreans at St Mary's, taking photographs, presumably of Son.

I know a few season ticket holders who don't go any more, hence the empty seats. They and those who left after Spurs 3rd goal are probably regretting it now.

The stewards are still useless.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 13:37]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:48 - Mar 19 with 2165 viewskingslandstand1

I know of quite a few who didn’t bother yesterday.

More fool them with the game we saw
5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:02 - Mar 19 with 2137 viewsGRIM

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:28 - Mar 19 by PatfromPoole

Have to completely disagree with Point 4.

You totally nullify the attacking threat of KWP by playing him at LB. As I have mentioned on another thread, he and Perraud are our two most creative players.

Mainland-Niles may yet turn out to be a CB of some use….

Perraud does get sucked into central positions, he needs to have more trust in his ctr backs to do their jobs.
You just cannot allow quality opposition players that sort of space out wide.
I actually think AMN is a great asset to our club, when he first arrived you could see his heart was not in it, but he's settled in & does give us a bit of extra quality.
He's proved that he's comfortable in various positions & I think he would look good playing midfield with JWP & RL.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:02 - Mar 19 with 2136 viewsdirk_doone

1. Heads were just beginning to drop after Spurs went 3-1 up but then Selles introduced those 3 subs, who all had something to prove, and that lifted everyone. Rarely has a substitution been as timely as that one.

3. Salisu is the only one who jumps. He headed the ball out from our penalty area on several occasions. I wonder if it's some hangover from Ralph's days that our defenders all stay on the ground waiting for ball to be knocked down to them (remember that was the reason/excuse offered for why our players never jumped for the long throw-ins?).

Salisu is the only one who seems to have worked out for himself that if you don't ever jump the opposition are eventually going to get a free header and score.

5. A lot of the seats at the front are reserved for Academy players, coaches etc and they are usually empty.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 14:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:21 - Mar 19 with 2087 viewsSalisburySaint

Absolutely loads of season ticket holders I know, who rely on trains to get to games didnt attend yesterday, was impossible to get back to Salisbury or London after the game yesterday
5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:25 - Mar 19 with 2082 viewsdirk_doone

One other thing I noticed is that the BBC soundtrack to the game doesn't correspond to the actual noise in the stadium. I recorded the penalty on my phone and the crowd was singing the Ward-Prowse song loudly and then there was an enormous cheer when he scored. None of that was on the MOTD soundtrack to the game, which was just a low generic background noise, suggesting the game was played in almost total silence.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:52 - Mar 19 with 2036 viewsNumber_58

I saw quite a few people leave when Spurs scored their third. I hope they all enjoyed their journey home whilst listening on the radio to a fantastic comeback by the team they claim to support. I also hope they don't come back.
5 Things About Spurs Match on 16:32 - Mar 19 with 1919 viewsMytchettSaint

5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:21 - Mar 19 by SalisburySaint

Absolutely loads of season ticket holders I know, who rely on trains to get to games didnt attend yesterday, was impossible to get back to Salisbury or London after the game yesterday

Bus replacement from Farnborough to Basingstoke on top of the reduced service did for me yesterday.
If it meant we went undefeated at home for the rest of the season, I’d gladly stay away!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

5 Things About Spurs Match on 17:18 - Mar 19 with 1869 views1ASIN12

1. agree the crowed did stay with the team again . Personally I think those that go generally do - especially if they can see the effort platers are putting in .

2. Elyounoussi playing week in week out is one of the reasons we are bottom . Simply not good enough for the top flight . Let’s face it he’s no better then when we shipped him off to Celtic .

3. Dispite spending a ton of money we still have not sorted our keeper and cb out . Crying out for that leader .

4. Walker Peters also gets caught out defensively , especially under Ralph when he was too far up the pitch half the time , leaving us wide open at the back . Walker Peters and Perraud are currently our best fall backs

5. Because ticket holders don’t show up for what ever reason . Also I’m certain the club sell tickets in the chapple as part of an extra cooperate packages , give to the various ticket sites to sell and tickets to be won etc .
5 Things About Spurs Match on 20:45 - Mar 19 with 1713 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Spurs Match on 14:25 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

One other thing I noticed is that the BBC soundtrack to the game doesn't correspond to the actual noise in the stadium. I recorded the penalty on my phone and the crowd was singing the Ward-Prowse song loudly and then there was an enormous cheer when he scored. None of that was on the MOTD soundtrack to the game, which was just a low generic background noise, suggesting the game was played in almost total silence.

I watched quite a lot of the game on a stream, and the crowd sounded pretty quiet on that as well. Mainly Spurs fans you could hear.

We really aren’t very loud at all, I’m afraid. There are literally only a few hundred people in the ground in our sections who make any noise.

5 Things About Spurs Match on 21:31 - Mar 19 with 1664 viewsfelly1

5 Things About Spurs Match on 20:45 - Mar 19 by PatfromPoole

I watched quite a lot of the game on a stream, and the crowd sounded pretty quiet on that as well. Mainly Spurs fans you could hear.

We really aren’t very loud at all, I’m afraid. There are literally only a few hundred people in the ground in our sections who make any noise.

The Northam and Itchen North were singing throughout the game.
The rest of the stadium join in sporadically and obviously alot still don't join in.
I sit in nearer the centre in the Itchen stand and I always sing along with a few others but at certain moments in games like yesterday pretty everyone sang "oh when the Saints" when it was 3-2, and it gave me goose pimples and it definitely lifted the team.
5 Things About Spurs Match on 09:34 - Mar 20 with 1450 viewsSaintNick

Due to transport issues a lot of season ticket holders didn't make it, but there were small blocks of tickets (ie 10 or so) spare in parts of the ground and I think it would be a big coincidence that 10 people couldn't make it who all sat in the same row of seats.

It's not just this game I have seen this happen

5 Things About Spurs Match on 09:47 - Mar 20 with 1433 viewsButty101

5 Things About Spurs Match on 09:34 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

Due to transport issues a lot of season ticket holders didn't make it, but there were small blocks of tickets (ie 10 or so) spare in parts of the ground and I think it would be a big coincidence that 10 people couldn't make it who all sat in the same row of seats.

It's not just this game I have seen this happen

No.6 Sulemans run from the halfway line. what a turn of pace to beat a few players then set up mara. i wouldnt imagine broja missing that chance

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 1408 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Spurs Match on 09:47 - Mar 20 by Butty101

No.6 Sulemans run from the halfway line. what a turn of pace to beat a few players then set up mara. i wouldnt imagine broja missing that chance

Funnily enough when the ball was crossed in for Mara to knock it back for Walcott to score I thought I wouldn't imagine Broja would have won that header and knocked it down

This post has been edited by an administrator

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:40 - Mar 20 with 1352 viewsButty101

5 Things About Spurs Match on 10:31 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

Funnily enough when the ball was crossed in for Mara to knock it back for Walcott to score I thought I wouldn't imagine Broja would have won that header and knocked it down

This post has been edited by an administrator

Mara at least made an impact yesterday. By my count thats 3 games this season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 15:22 - Mar 20 with 1306 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Spurs Match on 13:40 - Mar 20 by Butty101

Mara at least made an impact yesterday. By my count thats 3 games this season.

It will be interesting to see if he can overtake Broja's contributions in the last games of the season, if he does we could well stay up

5 Things About Spurs Match on 16:27 - Mar 20 with 1271 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Spurs Match on 15:22 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

It will be interesting to see if he can overtake Broja's contributions in the last games of the season, if he does we could well stay up

You think Mara will score 7 goals in the remaining games this season??!!??

In the words of the immortal Les Dennis, "If it's up there. I'll give you the money myself...."

5 Things About Spurs Match on 17:06 - Mar 20 with 1245 viewssaints__fan__73

5 Things About Spurs Match on 16:27 - Mar 20 by PatfromPoole

In the words of the immortal Les Dennis, "If it's up there. I'll give you the money myself...."

Nick is trying to be amusing as he is saying Broja did nothing in the last half of the season.

The reality is that Mara hasn't contributed 10% over the season compared to what Broja did last season.

Didn't Nick have a bet with someone on here that Mara would match or better Broja's 6 PL goals? How many has he got to date? I think I'm matching his PL goals so far.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things About Spurs Match on 18:10 - Mar 20 with 1210 viewsMytchettSaint

5 Things About Spurs Match on 17:06 - Mar 20 by saints__fan__73

Nick is trying to be amusing as he is saying Broja did nothing in the last half of the season.

The reality is that Mara hasn't contributed 10% over the season compared to what Broja did last season.

Didn't Nick have a bet with someone on here that Mara would match or better Broja's 6 PL goals? How many has he got to date? I think I'm matching his PL goals so far.

I think you’ll still be tied come the end of the season as well.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

5 Things About Spurs Match on 12:57 - Mar 21 with 1065 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Spurs Match on 16:27 - Mar 20 by PatfromPoole

I'm not even convinced Saints will score seven between now and the end of the season to be honest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024