Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tall Paul plays and we still lose 17:30 - May 13 with 2240 viewsSouthamptonfan

The whole team is sh!t. We need a better manager but we need much better players. Still couldn't defend, still couldn't score.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 17:31]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:01 - May 13 with 2127 viewsIfonly

Tall Paul played but we didn't use him. He got one cross. There's no point in playing him if we play Rubenball.
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:03 - May 13 with 2114 viewsSouthamptonfan

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:01 - May 13 by Ifonly

Tall Paul played but we didn't use him. He got one cross. There's no point in playing him if we play Rubenball.

That's right, we can't cross either. Ward-Prowse free kick was pathetic. The ball went into the box at 1 miles per hour. But it make sno difference, the whole team is sh!t.

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:16 - May 13 with 2088 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul plays and is expected to hit the ground running and score.Yes! that's going to happen with him in and out of the side,not to mention the quality and the quantity of the cross to him.
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:21 - May 13 with 2075 viewsSouthamptonfan

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:16 - May 13 by grumpy

Tall Paul plays and is expected to hit the ground running and score.Yes! that's going to happen with him in and out of the side,not to mention the quality and the quantity of the cross to him.

We can't cross, we can't create, we can't shoot so it makes little difference. We concede a hatful most games, so again we would still lose. We would need to score 4.

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:38 - May 13 with 1913 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:21 - May 13 by Southamptonfan

We can't cross, we can't create, we can't shoot so it makes little difference. We concede a hatful most games, so again we would still lose. We would need to score 4.

I am sorry but if he has something then I can´t see it .. He looks very clumsy and his second touch is a tackle .. now it could be that he needs a run in the team and after today why not play him regardless. Will he be one of the players still here or will he think Championship is beneath him ?
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:49 - May 13 with 1895 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:38 - May 13 by Springhill_old_boy

I am sorry but if he has something then I can´t see it .. He looks very clumsy and his second touch is a tackle .. now it could be that he needs a run in the team and after today why not play him regardless. Will he be one of the players still here or will he think Championship is beneath him ?

I cant see anything positive at all with Tall Paul.

Even if he had come on a free I think we would have been diddled.

As for the reported £18m transfer fee, who actually scouted him?

Rasmus?

For a 6'7" guy, he hardly wins a ball ion the air, his touch is crap and he ambles around.

Added to the the £8m on Orsic and £20m on Suliemani that is a total £46m down the tubes

Shocking waste of money.
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:54 - May 13 with 1887 viewsSouthamptonfan

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:38 - May 13 by Springhill_old_boy

I think because he is tall he does add a little bit of presence and strength up front, but I agree he nothing special and very clumsy. Some said we should have played him as if the manager wasn't playing a super star but as I said it made no difference at all because we are sh!t, we don't have better players sat on the bench, it's a terrible squad. Simple as that. The managers have been sh!t but this team isn't good enough for the PL, you'd have to be a miracle worker.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 19:59]

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 20:22 - May 13 with 1856 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ward-Prowse interview after game confirmed, that since the young players came in, in the summer, standards have dropped. Too many on their phones, getting expensive haircuts and headphones, not putting in the required effort. The few senior players have been annoyed and angered by the lazy and arrogant young players, who still need to grow up and understand what it means to fight blood sweat and tears. There have been many rifts and tensions in the squad that the managers were unable to resolve.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 20:25]

Login to get fewer ads

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 21:38 - May 13 with 1742 viewsdirk_doone

Let's be honest, he was terrible. He had no ball skills, his passes all went to an opponent or out of play, he was totally unathletic and couldn't run more than 5 yards and the one thing he was supposed to be good at, heading, he proved not to be when he sent his big chance looping at least a yard over the crossbar. He's another one we've wasted millions on, who we need to offload in the summer.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 21:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 22:42 - May 14 with 1409 viewshedgeend61

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 21:38 - May 13 by dirk_doone

Let's be honest, he was terrible. He had no ball skills, his passes all went to an opponent or out of play, he was totally unathletic and couldn't run more than 5 yards and the one thing he was supposed to be good at, heading, he proved not to be when he sent his big chance looping at least a yard over the crossbar. He's another one we've wasted millions on, who we need to offload in the summer.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 21:54]

Spot on Dirk, l think Monica knew he was rubbish having seen him in training, and just wanted to show the fans they we're wrong wanting him to start.

He may not be a manager, but he was proved right for once
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 23:21 - May 14 with 1360 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 22:42 - May 14 by hedgeend61

Spot on Dirk, l think Monica knew he was rubbish having seen him in training, and just wanted to show the fans they we're wrong wanting him to start.

He may not be a manager, but he was proved right for once

So the manager you think is rubbish was proved right for once. You couldn’t make this nonsense up.Paul has been in and out of the side, sitting often on the bench and coming on in the second half when we were losing.Rarely getting decent balls into the box for him.Now he has to hit the ground running and score. Give the guy a chance,I don’t know if he will make the grade but to deride him while in this chaotic set up is ludicrous.
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:16 - May 15 with 1227 viewshedgeend61

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 23:21 - May 14 by grumpy

So the manager you think is rubbish was proved right for once. You couldn’t make this nonsense up.Paul has been in and out of the side, sitting often on the bench and coming on in the second half when we were losing.Rarely getting decent balls into the box for him.Now he has to hit the ground running and score. Give the guy a chance,I don’t know if he will make the grade but to deride him while in this chaotic set up is ludicrous.

Grumpy, please accept my apologies for my rantings towards you the other week, it won't happen again, we're all depressed Saints supporters and can say the wrong things.

Yes l do think the manager is rubbish, and should never have been given the gig.
Four winnable home games recently against Brentford, Palace, Bournemouth and Fulham which getting even 8 points would have given us squeak, we get none with 5 shots on target over all 4 games. Pathetic.

l think, from what l've seen with my own eyes, TallPaul looks pretty useless, he can't even jump. He played in a Belgian League which is probably about the same standard as the Jock league where we brought that dud Aribo. l think he was signed for the NJ get it in the mixer approach, not the Monica no clue, play for a 0-0 approach.

Mind you, l don't think many of our squad are up to PLlevel, the only ones l'd keep are JWP, Lavia, KWP, Charley, Tino, Che, Edoze and Lycano(just for effort and passion rather than ability), but no doubt most will leave tbh, but none are top PLplayers and none will go to top half PL sides.

Leicester will probably go down with us, they have a far better squad than us, how many of our lot would get in their side? They've under achieved, we're where we are for a reason, not good enough.

Only my opinions, others may disagree, up to them, don't claim to be a great football judge and respect what others think
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:07 - May 15 with 1184 viewsMattFinish

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 23:21 - May 14 by grumpy

Completely agree Grumps.

Tall Paul needs a run to get acclimatised to the PL. Like with most players in the team under Selles you never know when you're going to play, be on the bench, be in the B team or be left out altogether.
I don't rate Mara at all and his record for Saints and before speaks for itself but he was brought on against Man City away, scored a good goal and probably thought he might get a start the following week but was mysteriously replaced by Joe Aribo (who hasn’t appeared since) and didn't play again for 6 games until coming on as a sub against Fulham.
I think Tall Paul at least shows that he's a danger in the box and although the Belgian league is not comparible to the PL he at least knows where the net is. We need to play to his strengths and have players on the pitch who can cross the ball. He found a great position against Fulham unmarked at the far post but Armstrong couldn't clear the keeper with the cross
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 22:05 - May 15 with 1060 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:16 - May 15 by hedgeend61

Grumpy, please accept my apologies for my rantings towards you the other week, it won't happen again, we're all depressed Saints supporters and can say the wrong things.

Yes l do think the manager is rubbish, and should never have been given the gig.
Four winnable home games recently against Brentford, Palace, Bournemouth and Fulham which getting even 8 points would have given us squeak, we get none with 5 shots on target over all 4 games. Pathetic.

l think, from what l've seen with my own eyes, TallPaul looks pretty useless, he can't even jump. He played in a Belgian League which is probably about the same standard as the Jock league where we brought that dud Aribo. l think he was signed for the NJ get it in the mixer approach, not the Monica no clue, play for a 0-0 approach.

Mind you, l don't think many of our squad are up to PLlevel, the only ones l'd keep are JWP, Lavia, KWP, Charley, Tino, Che, Edoze and Lycano(just for effort and passion rather than ability), but no doubt most will leave tbh, but none are top PLplayers and none will go to top half PL sides.

Leicester will probably go down with us, they have a far better squad than us, how many of our lot would get in their side? They've under achieved, we're where we are for a reason, not good enough.

Only my opinions, others may disagree, up to them, don't claim to be a great football judge and respect what others think

I think we are all fed up at the moment.
I cant think of a worst season than we are having at the moment,the real frustration is that with the right manager we could have survived in the Premiership, just.
I must confess after the Chelsea I thought Selles might be ok, I should have taken note how he used his subs that game.He has proved an absolute disaster having won just 2 of 15 games.
We will have to agree to disagree re Tall Paul,since his arrival hes been truly messed about by Selles.At 6ft 7in he doesn't have to jump too much,not that hes had much to jump for.Its too early to say hes useless,give him game time and play to his strengths then we can judge.
The real sadness player wise is Lavia we unearthed a gem there but I cant see him with us next season.
Given a decent manager I'm looking forward to the championship,I just hope we ditch those shirts and go back to singing WTSGMI the old way,its our song and I don't like imitations.
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 11:51 - May 16 with 932 viewsdirk_doone

He reminds me very much of a player called Emmanuel Aghogho Oluwafemi Dieseruvwe, who I saw score a hat-trick for Grimsby at Eastleigh. He too, is very tall and unathletic with no apparent ball skills but somehow, at a lower level, manages to score goals. Whether the Championship will be a low enough level for Onuachu to recover his scoring form remains to be seen but I guess there is still hope.

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 12:24 - May 16 with 894 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m not wholly convinced Sulemana is much more use than Tall Paul.

What an excellent day when we bought those two in……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 12:35 - May 16 with 886 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 12:24 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

I’m not wholly convinced Sulemana is much more use than Tall Paul.

What an excellent day when we bought those two in……

It all depends once more on the style of play that we are trying to implement .. If Tall Paul was bought for a route 1 constant cross type of game then maybe .. however if you are wanting a high press with the number 9 closing down then even as Man U found out with Ronaldo , thats not his type of game. As for the other 2 January signings (not including Bree obviously as he followed his ex boss) the Croatian lad unless he is picking up a considerably higher wage than before must be close to firing his agent, Sulemana has shown some flashes but again was he scouted for a particular game style ?
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 16:40 - May 16 with 811 viewsdirk_doone

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 12:35 - May 16 by Springhill_old_boy

It all depends once more on the style of play that we are trying to implement .. If Tall Paul was bought for a route 1 constant cross type of game then maybe .. however if you are wanting a high press with the number 9 closing down then even as Man U found out with Ronaldo , thats not his type of game. As for the other 2 January signings (not including Bree obviously as he followed his ex boss) the Croatian lad unless he is picking up a considerably higher wage than before must be close to firing his agent, Sulemana has shown some flashes but again was he scouted for a particular game style ?

Orsic is on £79,000 per week. Only McCarthy and Ward-Prowse are paid more than him.

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 16:44 - May 16 with 803 viewsgrumpy

I think it’s very hard to judge players on the pitch when it’s such a mess off it.A lot of players form has suffered this season and it’s not rocket science to see why.
Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:37 - May 16 with 755 viewsPatfromPoole

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 16:40 - May 16 by dirk_doone

Orsic is on £79,000 per week. Only McCarthy and Ward-Prowse are paid more than him.

Lordy.

The remuneration of Orsic and McCarthy is the sort of stuff that will give many of us sleepless nights, I fear.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 19:52 - May 16 with 733 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul plays and we still lose on 18:37 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

Lordy.

The remuneration of Orsic and McCarthy is the sort of stuff that will give many of us sleepless nights, I fear.

Orsic has only played 1 game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024