Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the door closes on this transfer window 09:04 - Aug 10 with 1793 viewssaint901

How does that change how we feel about a finishing position in the Champ?

Still optimistic about promotion?

Worried about relegation?

The relegation last season was always going to be a catalyst for change. We will undoubtedly lose some quality from the team.

Some of that quality had already decayed by the end of last season with a few players sulking and not performing. Losing them (Salisu, Diallo, Bella-Kotchap) should not be an unbearable loss.

Losing JWP, Lavia and KWP is more of a problem because the younger players coming in are not (yet) of that quality.

For me a mid table position beckons because many of the more established clubs in the Champ (such as Norwich this weekend) have players who are at the standard required.
When the door closes on this transfer window on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 1748 viewskernow

High quality, experienced players need to be recruited if promotion is the goal. Otherwise a long, hard campaign will be harder and seem longer.
When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:23 - Aug 10 with 1675 viewssledger

suprised we wernt in for the ex bournemouth player cook,just what we need at the back
When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 1645 viewsPatfromPoole

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:23 - Aug 10 by sledger

suprised we wernt in for the ex bournemouth player cook,just what we need at the back

I wondered about him too.

Was it QPR who signed him?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:51 - Aug 10 with 1636 viewsSonicBoom

The mood swings at this time of the season are ridiculous. Last week we passed Sheffield off the park and everyone seemed delighted.
Then in true Saints fashion we lose to Gillingham and suddenly we are the worst team ever and we'll be lucky not to be relegated again.

We have no idea how the season will go. The reason being we don't know what team we are going to have - so how can anyone make a prediction?

We knew that we would be losing Livramento, Lavia, probably JWP etc etc maybe even KWP too. And fans are throwing their toys out the pram. I'd just wait til the window closes and we see the full picture of who has left and who we have bought in.
If we flog our best players and don't buy any decent replacements then the bed wetting and gnashing of teeth will be justified, but right now we simply don't know.
When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:53 - Aug 10 with 1631 viewssaint22

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:23 - Aug 10 by sledger

It seems abundantly clear that whomever is in charge of transfer policy is purely fuelled by profit and net spend
We have decimated our squad and collected what, 150m???

We have bought in two inexperienced youngsters, one LB who MAY be better the Perraud altho thats tbc oh and another sh1te keeper

Plus we have hardballed everyone so when we go trying to (hopefully) buy anyone quality we will end up paying over the odds on the last day of the window 6 games in

every fk season same old same old

WTF is going on??
When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:59 - Aug 10 with 1623 viewssaints__fan__73

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:53 - Aug 10 by saint22

It seems abundantly clear that whomever is in charge of transfer policy is purely fuelled by profit and net spend
We have decimated our squad and collected what, 150m???

We have bought in two inexperienced youngsters, one LB who MAY be better the Perraud altho thats tbc oh and another sh1te keeper

Plus we have hardballed everyone so when we go trying to (hopefully) buy anyone quality we will end up paying over the odds on the last day of the window 6 games in

every fk season same old same old

WTF is going on??

It's not profit you dullard. It's dealing with relegation and the fact that we spunked £160m last season lol! We have to pay for that somehow.

We couldn't be further from making a profit! This is all about survival!

You have to realise that we are in a league with minute revenue! Take a look at Championship clubs spend last year.

Here's an example but they are pretty much all like this!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stoke-city/transfers/verein/512/plus/?saison_id=

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:00 - Aug 10 with 1623 viewsButty101

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:51 - Aug 10 by SonicBoom

The mood swings at this time of the season are ridiculous. Last week we passed Sheffield off the park and everyone seemed delighted.
Then in true Saints fashion we lose to Gillingham and suddenly we are the worst team ever and we'll be lucky not to be relegated again.

We have no idea how the season will go. The reason being we don't know what team we are going to have - so how can anyone make a prediction?

We knew that we would be losing Livramento, Lavia, probably JWP etc etc maybe even KWP too. And fans are throwing their toys out the pram. I'd just wait til the window closes and we see the full picture of who has left and who we have bought in.
If we flog our best players and don't buy any decent replacements then the bed wetting and gnashing of teeth will be justified, but right now we simply don't know.

Pretty sure no one was saying we were champions elect after beating Shef Wed. Just the opposite, that the last few seasons failing are still there to be seen. The concern is that the players you mention will be replaced by more Man city youth products and not the experience the team craves. Hopefully Jason Wilcox wouldnt have left his cushy number at City unless we were a bit ambitious.

Why do people need to insult others by calling them bedwetters when there is clear and obvious deficiencies in the team.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:11 - Aug 10 with 1606 viewsSFC_Referee

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:59 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

It's not profit you dullard. It's dealing with relegation and the fact that we spunked £160m last season lol! We have to pay for that somehow.

You have to realise that we are in a league with minute revenue! Take a look at Championship clubs spend last year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stoke-city/transfers/verein/512/plus/?saison_id=

You say all that, but is that not also where the owners come in and pay off some of that themselves? As yeah I wouldn’t expect them to pay off the whole £160m, but I’d of thought they could still pay off a fair check on that fee as well? Otherwise there whole plan for us isn’t exactly going to work the best

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Login to get fewer ads

When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:52 - Aug 10 with 1548 viewsSonicBoom

When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:00 - Aug 10 by Butty101

Pretty sure no one was saying we were champions elect after beating Shef Wed. Just the opposite, that the last few seasons failing are still there to be seen. The concern is that the players you mention will be replaced by more Man city youth products and not the experience the team craves. Hopefully Jason Wilcox wouldnt have left his cushy number at City unless we were a bit ambitious.

Why do people need to insult others by calling them bedwetters when there is clear and obvious deficiencies in the team.

I use the term bedwetters because people are going off the deep end before our transfer business is concluded. We have shipped out players that after relegation we all knew would probably be off.

I would expect to see us now make some move of our own to bring in replacements. Ok they won't be as good but they might be what we need.

You can't say the club has decimated the squad for example before the window has closed. Seems like basic common sense.
FWIW if the window closes and we haven't bought any quality and experience then I'll be moaning too. But right now you cannot judge the comings and goings.
When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:58 - Aug 10 with 1532 viewssaint22

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:59 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

Oh I am well aware of the costa nd balancing the books its more what we are bringing in thats the issue
When the door closes on this transfer window on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 1505 viewsmushinexile

When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:58 - Aug 10 by saint22

Oh I am well aware of the costa nd balancing the books its more what we are bringing in thats the issue

Ok, they won't be as good.

Then we are relegation fodder. Football is football and the difference between premiership and championship is nothing at all. You still have to beat what's in front of you to advance. Last season's players were hardly good enough for this division. Less good ones - fergeddit.
When the door closes on this transfer window on 14:05 - Aug 10 with 1439 viewsButty101

When the door closes on this transfer window on 12:52 - Aug 10 by SonicBoom

I use the term bedwetters because people are going off the deep end before our transfer business is concluded. We have shipped out players that after relegation we all knew would probably be off.

I would expect to see us now make some move of our own to bring in replacements. Ok they won't be as good but they might be what we need.

You can't say the club has decimated the squad for example before the window has closed. Seems like basic common sense.
FWIW if the window closes and we haven't bought any quality and experience then I'll be moaning too. But right now you cannot judge the comings and goings.

Again I don’t think anyone is saying the club has decimated the squad. Everyone that has gone or going wax expected. I don’t have confidence that we will sign the experience that’s needed. I see more youths coming in and a couple free transfers.

When the door closes on this transfer window on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 1383 viewskingslandstand1

When the door closes on this transfer window on 11:51 - Aug 10 by SonicBoom

If we know/knew (summise) who will be going (have done since relegation), should we also have known who our targets will be to replace them and got in early enough so as not to seem desperate the closer it will get to the end of the window?

Wilcox may already be doing that, but with all this negativity around, and seeing start players leave, who will want to come here? Young ambitious inexperienced players. or ones that know this league and fancy their chances with us to get to the promised land? I wonder if Alcaraz is regretting hi statement that he will stay at least the one season in the Chumpship

It's not looking good right now (I really thought JWP would stay, at least until Jan to see where we are then and of a chance to come straight back up), but let's just hope whoever is doing the buying is sat around negotiating tables as we speak
When the door closes on this transfer window on 15:58 - Aug 10 with 1328 viewsSonicBoom

When the door closes on this transfer window on 14:05 - Aug 10 by Butty101

Again I don’t think anyone is saying the club has decimated the squad. Everyone that has gone or going wax expected. I don’t have confidence that we will sign the experience that’s needed. I see more youths coming in and a couple free transfers.

saint 22 literally said it earlier in this thread....
When the door closes on this transfer window on 18:31 - Aug 10 with 1220 viewsButty101

When the door closes on this transfer window on 15:58 - Aug 10 by SonicBoom

saint 22 literally said it earlier in this thread....

Oh yeah so he did

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024