Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Ratings 15:02 - Oct 9 with 1351 viewsSaintNick

I have just totted up the player ratings for both teams on the home page, Saints 11 + 5 subs added up to 88.3.

Yet Rotherham's 16 amassed 90.1.

So Rotherham as a team played better than us yet only had 20% possession and managed just 2 on target all game out of 4 attempts in total, yet we had 22 attempts and had 10 on target.

Rotherham were bailed out by their keeper yet they were still the better team if you take away the two keepers then the outfield players are about even, I cant see that myself or did I dream that their keeper was man of the match

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Player Ratings on 15:49 - Oct 9 with 1300 viewssaint901

I did something similar with West Ham to see how JWP was getting on.

He was not always top of the ratings each week but was 2nd a lot.

Overall, compared with other WHU players who have played this season, he is comfortably the best performing.

I fear he is a loss that will cost us in the long run.
Player Ratings on 15:50 - Oct 9 with 1298 viewsPatfromPoole

Their possession must have been good possession.

I thought their keeper was lucky though.....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Player Ratings on 15:56 - Oct 9 with 1296 viewsSaintNick

Player Ratings on 15:49 - Oct 9 by saint901

I did something similar with West Ham to see how JWP was getting on.

He was not always top of the ratings each week but was 2nd a lot.

Overall, compared with other WHU players who have played this season, he is comfortably the best performing.

I fear he is a loss that will cost us in the long run.

Of course he loss will cost us he was a quality Premier League quality player, who was always going to be head hunted by a Premier League club, but we could do nothing about it so we have to move on

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Player Ratings on 18:53 - Oct 9 with 1175 viewskingslandstand1

Player Ratings on 15:56 - Oct 9 by SaintNick

Of course he loss will cost us he was a quality Premier League quality player, who was always going to be head hunted by a Premier League club, but we could do nothing about it so we have to move on

We could possibly have tried to keep him at least until January with a proviso that he can go then depending on whether we look as if he could be back in the Prem next season with loads of bonus's etc

He doesn't strike me as a money grabber, but by staying in the Prem it hasn't exactly done his England prospects any good

Practicalities aside, surely they should have tried, or maybe they did and clearly not hrd enough
Player Ratings on 21:17 - Oct 9 with 1069 viewsBerber

Maybe they actually tried to achieve something when they got the ball?
Player Ratings on 22:15 - Oct 9 with 1033 viewscocklebreath

Maybe it’s the fact they got a point when they expected to get well beat. The Wimbledon v Liverpool final was dominated by Liverpool who had chance after chance but plucky Wimbledon won, did there players deserve higher marks than the Liverpool superstars? Of course they did.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Player Ratings on 22:34 - Oct 9 with 1034 viewsSouthamptonfan

The outcome and final result is all that matters. This is something Flynn Downes and Russell Martin don't seem to understand.

Newcastle beat PSG with under 30% possession. Fans just care about the final result.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 22:36]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Player Ratings on 09:38 - Oct 10 with 919 viewsMattFinish

Player Ratings on 15:50 - Oct 9 by PatfromPoole

Their possession must have been good possession.

I thought their keeper was lucky though.....

I agree Pat, I think his luck was our poor finishing. Getting a decent striker has been something that SR and Gao before them have continually failed to address
For the first 30 minutes we were very good and played some good football but the longer we played without scoring I could see it going wrong
Stuey’s goal was just the sort of goal poaching that is missing from Che’s game. In fact Che should have scored with his header anyway and had another chance that he headed far too close to the keeper. A Armstrong was unlucky to be fractionally off with a great finish and Smallbone hit one straight at the keeper when it was easier to score
We lost our way in the second 30 minutes and in the last 30 minutes all I could see was us throwing it away
Let’s be honest this is a team that we should have thumped but even Rotherham have worked us out
I don’t know how long it will take for RM to get this system working. I suspect he never will. I like him as a person but when do we say he’s been trying to get this system to work for 4 seasons and hasn’t succeeded is it time to pull the plug?
Who knows a fit Ross Stewart might be the missing piece but I doubt it
Login to get fewer ads

Player Ratings on 09:56 - Oct 10 with 906 viewsGRIM

Player Ratings on 09:38 - Oct 10 by MattFinish

I agree Pat, I think his luck was our poor finishing. Getting a decent striker has been something that SR and Gao before them have continually failed to address
For the first 30 minutes we were very good and played some good football but the longer we played without scoring I could see it going wrong
Stuey’s goal was just the sort of goal poaching that is missing from Che’s game. In fact Che should have scored with his header anyway and had another chance that he headed far too close to the keeper. A Armstrong was unlucky to be fractionally off with a great finish and Smallbone hit one straight at the keeper when it was easier to score
We lost our way in the second 30 minutes and in the last 30 minutes all I could see was us throwing it away
Let’s be honest this is a team that we should have thumped but even Rotherham have worked us out
I don’t know how long it will take for RM to get this system working. I suspect he never will. I like him as a person but when do we say he’s been trying to get this system to work for 4 seasons and hasn’t succeeded is it time to pull the plug?
Who knows a fit Ross Stewart might be the missing piece but I doubt it

When are we likely to see Ross Stewart.
We are already nearly 1/4 of the way thru the season.
While he's been recovering from his achilles injury Joel Pireo has scored 5 for Leeds.
I know that's history & we have get over it but goals win matches & we've yet to get any from RS.
Player Ratings on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 864 viewsTimSaint

Player Ratings on 09:56 - Oct 10 by GRIM

When are we likely to see Ross Stewart.
We are already nearly 1/4 of the way thru the season.
While he's been recovering from his achilles injury Joel Pireo has scored 5 for Leeds.
I know that's history & we have get over it but goals win matches & we've yet to get any from RS.

Probably see him in January - once Che leaves

TimSaint

Player Ratings on 13:54 - Oct 10 with 863 viewsTimSaint

In the 97-98 Season, we beat Man Utd 1-0 at the Dell.
Kevin Davies scored after 2 or 3 minutes.
We probably didn't have another shot after that.
United were camped in our half and had loads of chances.
We defended for our lives.
Most players would have got 9's or 10's out of 10 that day

So what is the difference ?

TimSaint

Player Ratings on 17:47 - Oct 10 with 818 views1teeminants

Player Ratings on 18:53 - Oct 9 by kingslandstand1

We could possibly have tried to keep him at least until January with a proviso that he can go then depending on whether we look as if he could be back in the Prem next season with loads of bonus's etc

He doesn't strike me as a money grabber, but by staying in the Prem it hasn't exactly done his England prospects any good

Practicalities aside, surely they should have tried, or maybe they did and clearly not hrd enough

I read somewhere that has JWP saying he got fed up watching European games from his sofa and one day just said to himself “ I need to do something about this.”

He went to West Ham because a bigger club didn’t want him. It’s not like he’s going to win anything major though there is it ? Apart from a Mickey Mouse trophy which they won which the bigger clubs in England couldn’t care less about.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024