Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton deducted 10 points 12:54 - Nov 17 with 4753 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67448714

Man City next?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 10:39]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 13:19 - Nov 17 with 4219 viewssaintsfanbrock

Didn’t matter to us in the end but a bit ridiculous this gets applied a year later, if the premier league actually set time frames on itself then Everton should have been relegated.

Potentially the current bottom three get to benefit from Everton’s unfair advantage (via the point deduction) against last seasons competitors and yet none of them were in the league.

Although one has to note they weren’t safe at the end of the last season but on current form even with this hit looks like they will be able to pull themselves out so no relegation either season.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 13:29 - Nov 17 with 4195 viewsSaintNick

Everyone deducted 10 points on 13:19 - Nov 17 by saintsfanbrock

Didn’t matter to us in the end but a bit ridiculous this gets applied a year later, if the premier league actually set time frames on itself then Everton should have been relegated.

Potentially the current bottom three get to benefit from Everton’s unfair advantage (via the point deduction) against last seasons competitors and yet none of them were in the league.

Although one has to note they weren’t safe at the end of the last season but on current form even with this hit looks like they will be able to pull themselves out so no relegation either season.

just enough points to make it look like they are being punished, but not enough to actually punish them, they will ironically spend in January to make sure they dont get relegated

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:03 - Nov 17 with 4126 viewsSFC_Referee

Well that’s probably them gone this season then!
Still it’ll be interesting to see what Solent toffee makes of this

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:12 - Nov 17 with 4098 viewskingslandstand1

No doubt appeals from Everton, but also potential legality questions from Leicester who would have stayed up if penalty given when it should have. Also Leeds as far as prize money goes

And as you say, how come Man City are still walking away with it after how long?

Noting to do with keeping the Arab billions coming in to our (sorry Premier league's) coffers
Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:35 - Nov 17 with 4091 viewssolent_toffee

Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:03 - Nov 17 by SFC_Referee

To your first point, I don’t think they are gone this season at all. They are currently playing better than they have been for a number of years and with 26 games left, I’m very confident that they will comfortably stay up. They are one win from being out of the bottom three with a far better goal difference. I also think it will unite and galvanise everyone at the club.

They have broken the rules, one rule, by being over 19 million pound over on their spend. Lots of mitigations haven’t been taken into account including Everton ending their relationships with various sponsors due to Russia invading Ukraine. They also didn’t take into account interest for loans of the stadium. It’s not all been about poor transfers.

All the talk of what about City, what about Chelsea is irrelevant. The Premier League will not go after those clubs in the same way they didn’t punish them and the other six slimy clubs who tried to break away from the league and ruin the football pyramid.

Any talk of other clubs suing Everton is laughable, it’s not Everton they should be trying to sue, it’s the Premier League.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 15:05 - Nov 17 with 4044 viewsWints76

Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:35 - Nov 17 by solent_toffee

To your first point, I don’t think they are gone this season at all. They are currently playing better than they have been for a number of years and with 26 games left, I’m very confident that they will comfortably stay up. They are one win from being out of the bottom three with a far better goal difference. I also think it will unite and galvanise everyone at the club.

They have broken the rules, one rule, by being over 19 million pound over on their spend. Lots of mitigations haven’t been taken into account including Everton ending their relationships with various sponsors due to Russia invading Ukraine. They also didn’t take into account interest for loans of the stadium. It’s not all been about poor transfers.

All the talk of what about City, what about Chelsea is irrelevant. The Premier League will not go after those clubs in the same way they didn’t punish them and the other six slimy clubs who tried to break away from the league and ruin the football pyramid.

Any talk of other clubs suing Everton is laughable, it’s not Everton they should be trying to sue, it’s the Premier League.

Yep, Everton will be fine. I think (assuming the deduction sticks) they'll finish lower mid table rather than mid/upper. I think this may well open a huge can of worms for other clubs
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:38]
Everyone deducted 10 points on 15:28 - Nov 17 with 4010 viewssolent_toffee

Everyone deducted 10 points on 15:05 - Nov 17 by Wints76

Yep, Everton will be fine. I think (assuming the deduction sticks) they'll finish lower mid table rather than mid/upper. I think this may well open a huge can of worms for other clubs
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:38]

Everton have one charge against them, Man City have 115 and yet we all know nothing will be happen to them.

Proof, if needed, that the game is bent.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 15:35 - Nov 17 with 3969 viewskingslandstand1

Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:35 - Nov 17 by solent_toffee

There was no reference in my post re suing Everton. You are right that it's the EPL they should be going for due to the timing, although as we all know nothing will happen

But will Everton appeal do you think or just take it on the chin and play their arris's off?
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone deducted 10 points on 16:01 - Nov 17 with 3937 viewssolent_toffee

Everyone deducted 10 points on 15:35 - Nov 17 by kingslandstand1

There was no reference in my post re suing Everton. You are right that it's the EPL they should be going for due to the timing, although as we all know nothing will happen

But will Everton appeal do you think or just take it on the chin and play their arris's off?

I think I would prefer them to take it on the chin, phuck the league off and crack on. They’ve got the right players and the right manager and they are playing well this season. Also the three teams that got promoted are significantly worse than the three teams that got relegated so there is small mercies and a potential bullet dodged.

The whole thing annoys me though, because it seems like the EPL are trying to prove they don’t need an independent regulator so they hammer Everton as if to prove they can sort out their own house and yet let other clubs get away with murder.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 16:09]
Everyone deducted 10 points on 16:03 - Nov 17 with 3929 views1ASIN12

Everyone deducted 10 points on 14:03 - Nov 17 by SFC_Referee

As others have said Everton won’t be going down this season . They’ll survive quite comfortably.

Though that’s mainly to do with there are 4 shit teams , 3 off which will be lucky to hit 30 points.

Unfortunately it’s what going to keep Bournemouth up - them being the least shit out the 4.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 16:15 - Nov 17 with 3899 viewsdirk_doone

Except for Luton who'll get 20.

Let's face it if they really want to make an example of someone, Luton are the easiest target.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 16:58 - Nov 17 with 3853 viewscocklebreath

Scummy club gets what it deserves but probably still stay up

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 00:45 - Nov 18 with 3554 viewsLondonSaint76

Everyone deducted 10 points on 16:01 - Nov 17 by solent_toffee

I think I would prefer them to take it on the chin, phuck the league off and crack on. They’ve got the right players and the right manager and they are playing well this season. Also the three teams that got promoted are significantly worse than the three teams that got relegated so there is small mercies and a potential bullet dodged.

The whole thing annoys me though, because it seems like the EPL are trying to prove they don’t need an independent regulator so they hammer Everton as if to prove they can sort out their own house and yet let other clubs get away with murder.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 16:09]

Spot on Solent Toffee, regarding your point 'the PL are trying to prove they don’t need an independent regulator so they hammer Everton as if to prove they can sort out their own house and yet let other clubs get away with murder' - this actually just makes the case for an independent regulator stronger as by allowing the Man City situation, as one example, to go unsanctioned it proves that the lunatics are running the asylum, as the saying goes.
Don’t listen to SFC Ref, I reckon you will be fine - three key things for me:
1 - January transfer window: As has already been said, ironically you will be able to buy thanks to the new investment, as long as SD is allowed to bring in the players that he wants to further improve the team then you will be OK
2 - Mentality: It's backs to the wall time, given what has happened to you and what has not happened to others there will be a burning sense of injustice, I reckon Shaun Dyche is just the man to harness that in just the right way and use it in a motivational way very much to the team's advantage - in fact, I wouldn't fancy being Man U (who are not exactly pulling up any trees at the moment) who will be the first to face Everton at Goodison since the announcement of the points deduction.
3 - Teams around you: Everton are only 3 points adrift of safety, and with a better GD than anyone up to 12th and a much better GD compared to anyone else 15th - 20th, in comparison to the other teams between 15th & 20th your GD is as good as an extra point.. Everton still have to play Fulham A, Forest H&A, Bournemouth A, Luton A, Sheff U H and Burnley H&A. Considering points 1&2 above and the fact SD is used to a scrap and is now effectively moulding a team in his image rather that firefighting I don't see Everton going down.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 07:02 - Nov 18 with 3495 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 11:03 - Nov 18 with 3313 viewsdarthvader

Everyone deducted 10 points on 07:02 - Nov 18 by saintwizzler

Subtitles or a proper translation required to understand.. i caught the occasional "tw.@t" and 'yous". But had to turn off the high pitch row

keep the faith coyr

Everyone deducted 10 points on 11:05 - Nov 18 with 3312 viewscocklebreath

Everyone deducted 10 points on 07:02 - Nov 18 by saintwizzler

Lad lad lad lad lad lad spit spit spit lad lad lad c@nts c()nts lad

Everyone deducted 10 points on 11:15 - Nov 18 with 3305 viewsdarthvader

Everyone deducted 10 points on 11:05 - Nov 18 by cocklebreath

Lad lad lad lad lad lad spit spit spit lad lad lad c@nts c()nts lad

Ah yes it makes perfect sense now cheers

keep the faith coyr

Everyone deducted 10 points on 19:15 - Nov 18 with 3088 viewssolent_toffee

Everyone deducted 10 points on 00:45 - Nov 18 by LondonSaint76

Spot on Solent Toffee, regarding your point 'the PL are trying to prove they don’t need an independent regulator so they hammer Everton as if to prove they can sort out their own house and yet let other clubs get away with murder' - this actually just makes the case for an independent regulator stronger as by allowing the Man City situation, as one example, to go unsanctioned it proves that the lunatics are running the asylum, as the saying goes.
Don’t listen to SFC Ref, I reckon you will be fine - three key things for me:
1 - January transfer window: As has already been said, ironically you will be able to buy thanks to the new investment, as long as SD is allowed to bring in the players that he wants to further improve the team then you will be OK
2 - Mentality: It's backs to the wall time, given what has happened to you and what has not happened to others there will be a burning sense of injustice, I reckon Shaun Dyche is just the man to harness that in just the right way and use it in a motivational way very much to the team's advantage - in fact, I wouldn't fancy being Man U (who are not exactly pulling up any trees at the moment) who will be the first to face Everton at Goodison since the announcement of the points deduction.
3 - Teams around you: Everton are only 3 points adrift of safety, and with a better GD than anyone up to 12th and a much better GD compared to anyone else 15th - 20th, in comparison to the other teams between 15th & 20th your GD is as good as an extra point.. Everton still have to play Fulham A, Forest H&A, Bournemouth A, Luton A, Sheff U H and Burnley H&A. Considering points 1&2 above and the fact SD is used to a scrap and is now effectively moulding a team in his image rather that firefighting I don't see Everton going down.

The frustrating thing with January is that for the last three years, every transfer Everton have made has been with the approval of the EPL so if they try to make any signings, can they trust the EPL snakes to not batter them for it.

Everton are in breach of FFP, no doubt about it and they admitted the one charge against them. However none of the mitigations have been considered and the punishment has been decided with no benchmark.

We all know that City and Chelsea won’t be punished because if they tried, they would simply walk away and set up their own league. Football is phucked.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 21:04 - Nov 18 with 3029 viewsButty101

Everyone deducted 10 points on 19:15 - Nov 18 by solent_toffee

The frustrating thing with January is that for the last three years, every transfer Everton have made has been with the approval of the EPL so if they try to make any signings, can they trust the EPL snakes to not batter them for it.

Everton are in breach of FFP, no doubt about it and they admitted the one charge against them. However none of the mitigations have been considered and the punishment has been decided with no benchmark.

We all know that City and Chelsea won’t be punished because if they tried, they would simply walk away and set up their own league. Football is phucked.

I keep reading football is phucked. But that’s just not the case . More people than ever watch it. The premiership is the most popular league. The fact that it’s a 1 or 2 horse race dosent matter to the punters in China etc

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 00:25 - Nov 19 with 2943 viewscocklebreath

You sound like a Liverpool victim, something in the water.
Adrian Heath midget c()nt

Everyone deducted 10 points on 08:14 - Nov 19 with 2877 viewsHeisenberg

Everyone deducted 10 points on 21:04 - Nov 18 by Butty101

I keep reading football is phucked. But that’s just not the case . More people than ever watch it. The premiership is the most popular league. The fact that it’s a 1 or 2 horse race dosent matter to the punters in China etc

Through the Premier League football sold its soul. Clubs owned by Russian criminal oligarchs and Petro states has resulted in a global product rather than in a game reflecting its working class roots. Add to that the win at all cost cheating mentality of the players and the greed associated with the Premier League then for many older fans it’s becoming an increasingly irrelevant sport. As I heard someone say once when referring to the Premier League. If you are in it you hate it. And if you are not you couldn’t care less.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Everyone deducted 10 points on 08:44 - Nov 19 with 2852 viewssolent_toffee

Everyone deducted 10 points on 00:25 - Nov 19 by cocklebreath

You sound like a Liverpool victim, something in the water.
Adrian Heath midget c()nt

Who are you calling a midget, I’m a solid 5 foot 9 and a half.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 08:57 - Nov 19 with 2844 views1ASIN12

Everyone deducted 10 points on 08:14 - Nov 19 by Heisenberg

Through the Premier League football sold its soul. Clubs owned by Russian criminal oligarchs and Petro states has resulted in a global product rather than in a game reflecting its working class roots. Add to that the win at all cost cheating mentality of the players and the greed associated with the Premier League then for many older fans it’s becoming an increasingly irrelevant sport. As I heard someone say once when referring to the Premier League. If you are in it you hate it. And if you are not you couldn’t care less.

Seeing us most Saints fans want us to go up this season I would say it’s more like, if you are in the premier league you hate it , if you are not in you wish you were.

Having said that fans only hated the premier league when we were shit , not many moaned when we finished in the top 8 four seasons running.

By the same token not many fans liked the championship the season we escaped relegation on the last day nor the following season we got relegated from the championship.

As for Everton they should just accept the punishment and get on with it. They ain’t going down this season and the premier league know it.
Everyone deducted 10 points on 09:18 - Nov 19 with 2829 viewsarfurdent

Everyone deducted 10 points on 08:44 - Nov 19 by solent_toffee

Who are you calling a midget, I’m a solid 5 foot 9 and a half.

a half of what?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Everyone deducted 10 points on 00:03 - Nov 20 with 2590 viewsLondonSaint76

Regarding the January transfer window, I assumed with the new investment coming in you would have a free hit at the January window without the need to have PL approval for any moves, however if that is not the case and you still need approval that puts a different slant on things. In fact, having seen the back page of one of the papers today it is possible things could get a lot worse if any of this happens, I stress if, as headlines sell papers no matter how accurate they are - the article suggests that if the legal action by the other PL Clubs is successful it would force Everton into administration and there for a further deduction of 9 more points, obviously a cause of concern for all Evertonians.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024