Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup ! Do We ? 22:30 - Jan 3 with 1427 viewsSaintNick

1, Take it seriously and play a decent (ish) side and look to progress and maybe get a few lucky draws and get a shot at the semis even.

2. Give it up as just being a distraction to the promotion campaign and just put out effectively reserve sides

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:32 - Jan 3 with 1420 viewsPatfromPoole

If we play Small Jobs Sekou, does this fall into Option 1 or Option 2?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:34 - Jan 3 with 1410 viewsSouthamptonfan

We should.only take it seriously if we happen to progress to the later stages. Otherwise, we need to rotate the squad. Getting promotion is the goal this season. Not a chance we.win the cup anyway. A PL side will win the cup.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:36 - Jan 3 with 1396 viewsSaintNick

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:32 - Jan 3 by PatfromPoole

If we play Small Jobs Sekou, does this fall into Option 1 or Option 2?

Is that the player that French giants Lille are interested in signing ?

Mara is a fringe player, I would expect to see him start on Saturday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:54 - Jan 3 with 1380 viewsTripleNiemi

Play our strongest side in the Cup
[Post edited 3 Jan 22:55]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:59 - Jan 3 with 1364 viewsfranniesTache

Couldn’t give a flying monkeys what the new generation thinks the FA cup should always be taken seriously.

The best cup competition in the world and I personally look forward to it every year. Nothing is worse than arrogant clubs or fans who think they’re better than the oldest football trophy in the world
FA Cup ! Do We ? on 23:00 - Jan 3 with 1360 viewsPatfromPoole

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:36 - Jan 3 by SaintNick

Is that the player that French giants Lille are interested in signing ?

Mara is a fringe player, I would expect to see him start on Saturday

If Liile offer to pay us anything like what we paid Bordeaux for Small Jobs, I would be astonished and delighted in equal measure.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 00:04 - Jan 4 with 1329 viewsBuggalugs

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 22:59 - Jan 3 by franniesTache

Couldn’t give a flying monkeys what the new generation thinks the FA cup should always be taken seriously.

The best cup competition in the world and I personally look forward to it every year. Nothing is worse than arrogant clubs or fans who think they’re better than the oldest football trophy in the world

Yep, I’m with you. Should always take the cups seriously and play near to full strength. It’s become trendy over the last few years for fans to back these tw@tty managers who cry about fixture congestion so make 10/11 changes. Fvck that, I want my team to go as far as they can.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 07:50 - Jan 4 with 1241 viewsTripleNiemi

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 00:04 - Jan 4 by Buggalugs

Yep, I’m with you. Should always take the cups seriously and play near to full strength. It’s become trendy over the last few years for fans to back these tw@tty managers who cry about fixture congestion so make 10/11 changes. Fvck that, I want my team to go as far as they can.

This.

If it affects our promotion push then so be it (and some may argue an ‘additional bonus’)

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 14:32 - Jan 4 with 1074 viewsCenturion

We play our reserve side. Not unhappy if we get knocked out by a single goal.
FA Cup ! Do We ? on 14:35 - Jan 4 with 1068 viewsMattFinish

No 2 Nick

Even if we progress a couple of rounds at some point we’re going to play one of the top 4 who will have £100m worth of talent on the bench. The days of Championship clubs winning the FA cup has gone

I’d be happy to give some of the fringe players an outing and if we go out it’s no big deal
FA Cup ! Do We ? on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 1026 viewsTimSaint

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 14:35 - Jan 4 by MattFinish

No 2 Nick

Even if we progress a couple of rounds at some point we’re going to play one of the top 4 who will have £100m worth of talent on the bench. The days of Championship clubs winning the FA cup has gone

I’d be happy to give some of the fringe players an outing and if we go out it’s no big deal

We tried playing a team of fringe, youth and out of position players against Gillingham and look what happened !!

Totally embarrassing and humiliating.

I'm all for playing a few youngsters and fringe players, but their time management is key.

TimSaint

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 15:48 - Jan 4 with 1010 viewsfranniesTache

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 15:29 - Jan 4 by TimSaint

We tried playing a team of fringe, youth and out of position players against Gillingham and look what happened !!

Totally embarrassing and humiliating.

I'm all for playing a few youngsters and fringe players, but their time management is key.

That gillingham away game was one of the worst aways i've ever been to, and i've been to A LOT of really f*cking bad saints away games
FA Cup ! Do We ? on 16:27 - Jan 4 with 978 viewssaint901

I'd be tempted to play a strong side - perhaps 8 first teamers - and take some off later if we're winning.

We won't win the Cup but a good run builds confidence and if we meet a PL team it would be good test of where we are.
FA Cup ! Do We ? on 16:31 - Jan 4 with 947 viewskingslandstand1

FA Cup ! Do We ? on 00:04 - Jan 4 by Buggalugs

And most of these tw@tty managers are from foreign soils and don't really understand the respect that it should get
FA Cup ! Do We ? on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 862 viewsTimSaint

Chris Sutton's prediction on the BBC Website (WAC)

Southampton 1-2 Walsall

Southampton are unbeaten in their past 18 Championship games but I am going to gamble on their boss Russell Martin focusing on their promotion bid. Walsall won 6-1 at Grimsby on Monday, so they will be full of confidence.

FYI - There is a 56 place gap between Saints and the Saddlers !!

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024