Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 48795 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 10:30 - Aug 25 with 2044 viewsdaveB

I think it's fair to say comedy is quite subjective

One mans genius is another mans blood pressure raising cock womble
Worst Comedian on 10:33 - Aug 25 with 2030 viewsRs_Holy

Worst Comedian on 10:30 - Aug 25 by daveB

'blood pressure raising cock womble'.

... that made me laugh out loud :)
Worst Comedian on 10:38 - Aug 25 with 2021 viewsSydneyRs

There's no need to bring John Terry into this.
Worst Comedian on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 1914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That made me chuckle.

Agreed, though.

I made a huge error recently. I love Sara Pascoe's stand-up comedy. I think she's clever, she's edgy and she cracks me up. Her show 'Lads, Lads, Lads' is one of the funniest I've seen in years.

So I bought two tickets to her new show for my Sister and her Hubby. Huge mistake. Gigantic. Not their thing at all, which I should have guessed, apparently she bombed (I had to ask them, they were being polite and saying that she was 'fine'), and - worst of all - she made no allowances for the audience on her Irish tour, relying on English cultural references that went over the heads of the crowds here. Lazy. I think I'd still have enjoyed it, but I'd have been in the minority.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 17:43 - Aug 25 with 1662 viewsPaddyhoops

Jason manford . It didn’t help that I’d seen Sean Locke at the same venue a week previous.
Worst Comedian on 19:23 - Aug 25 with 1585 viewsnix

Worst Comedian on 10:55 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

That made me chuckle.

Agreed, though.

I made a huge error recently. I love Sara Pascoe's stand-up comedy. I think she's clever, she's edgy and she cracks me up. Her show 'Lads, Lads, Lads' is one of the funniest I've seen in years.

So I bought two tickets to her new show for my Sister and her Hubby. Huge mistake. Gigantic. Not their thing at all, which I should have guessed, apparently she bombed (I had to ask them, they were being polite and saying that she was 'fine'), and - worst of all - she made no allowances for the audience on her Irish tour, relying on English cultural references that went over the heads of the crowds here. Lazy. I think I'd still have enjoyed it, but I'd have been in the minority.

Yep. Very true.

Few people raving about Mike Reid, so thought I'd watch a bit of it. After five minutes of a poof joke, black guy joke, prostitute joke, another prostitute joke, limp knob gag, I decided he probably wasn't for me.

Humour definitely not universal.

What do you think of Aisling Bea Brian? Not always funny but love the Jonathan Ross episode with her and John Malkovich who is in tears of laughter by the end.

I like story tellers best. Dave Allen, Peter Cook (but not Derek and Clive, sorry), Henning Weghn and Lee Mack all brilliant. Also love David Mitchell on Would I Lie to You.
Worst Comedian on 19:44 - Aug 25 with 1570 viewsMick_S

I’m with the dog.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 19:44]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Worst Comedian on 21:02 - Aug 25 with 1522 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 19:23 - Aug 25 by nix

Yep. Very true.

Few people raving about Mike Reid, so thought I'd watch a bit of it. After five minutes of a poof joke, black guy joke, prostitute joke, another prostitute joke, limp knob gag, I decided he probably wasn't for me.

Humour definitely not universal.

What do you think of Aisling Bea Brian? Not always funny but love the Jonathan Ross episode with her and John Malkovich who is in tears of laughter by the end.

I like story tellers best. Dave Allen, Peter Cook (but not Derek and Clive, sorry), Henning Weghn and Lee Mack all brilliant. Also love David Mitchell on Would I Lie to You.

With you on Mike Reid, Nix. Watched a few of his shows on a coaches on away trips years ago. Not my thing at all.

I only know Aisling Bea from QI. I found her slightly annoying at first as she was trying too hard, like a kid in first year who thinks they have to fill every gap in the conversation, but after a few appearances she started to relax and she was clearly very funny, and warm. Will look up the Jonathan Ross episode, thanks.

Love Cook, Allen Mack and Mitchell as well. Don't know enough about Weghn but will check him out.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 00:04 - Aug 26 with 1462 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst Comedian on 21:02 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

With you on Mike Reid, Nix. Watched a few of his shows on a coaches on away trips years ago. Not my thing at all.

I only know Aisling Bea from QI. I found her slightly annoying at first as she was trying too hard, like a kid in first year who thinks they have to fill every gap in the conversation, but after a few appearances she started to relax and she was clearly very funny, and warm. Will look up the Jonathan Ross episode, thanks.

Love Cook, Allen Mack and Mitchell as well. Don't know enough about Weghn but will check him out.

She did a lovely semi serious / semi comedy series about a woman recovering from mental illness that was really sweet Brian:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/this-way-up?cntsrc=social_share_ios_this_way
Worst Comedian on 02:24 - Aug 26 with 1400 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 00:04 - Aug 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

She did a lovely semi serious / semi comedy series about a woman recovering from mental illness that was really sweet Brian:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/this-way-up?cntsrc=social_share_ios_this_way

Excellent, thanks Bazz. Added to the list.

Worst Comedian on 05:19 - Aug 26 with 1358 viewsFDC

Agreed, that was excellent , trod the line between comedy and pathos very adeptly
Worst Comedian on 05:24 - Aug 26 with 1355 viewsFDC

As per my earlier post, I reckon Taylor Tomlinson is one of the best in the business at the moment. Some of her crowd work in her earlier small venue shows is incredible, and her facial expressions and body language really sell her jokes. She's got a couple of full length netflix shows and loads of YouTube clips to check out

Worst Comedian on 06:56 - Aug 26 with 1314 viewsnix

Great Bazz. Will check this out. Thanks.
Worst Comedian on 07:36 - Aug 26 with 1280 viewsnumptydumpty

For some strange unknown reason Michael Mcintyre makes me feel uneasy.

Am not convinced the smile and the face and the family friend go together

Another one that many like but in many ways he is very contrived, is Jimmy Carr.

Seen him live - the laugh is straight out of drama school - not real..
But the consistent use of the C word - no not Chelsea - in a live show - its overdone, unnecessary and doesn't add to the humour - more the opposite.

Ruby Wax love what she has done, raising the profile for mental health but her actual comedy, brash and brassy Americanisms - not for me !!!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 7:41]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Worst Comedian on 07:43 - Aug 26 with 1260 viewsnumptydumpty

Worst Comedian on 07:36 - Aug 26 by numptydumpty

For some strange unknown reason Michael Mcintyre makes me feel uneasy.

Am not convinced the smile and the face and the family friend go together

Another one that many like but in many ways he is very contrived, is Jimmy Carr.

Seen him live - the laugh is straight out of drama school - not real..
But the consistent use of the C word - no not Chelsea - in a live show - its overdone, unnecessary and doesn't add to the humour - more the opposite.

Ruby Wax love what she has done, raising the profile for mental health but her actual comedy, brash and brassy Americanisms - not for me !!!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 7:41]

Best one though and the most intelligent by a country mile is...

Bob Monkhouse

Extremely clever man.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Worst Comedian on 08:04 - Aug 26 with 1219 viewsMick_S

Worst Comedian on 07:43 - Aug 26 by numptydumpty

Best one though and the most intelligent by a country mile is...

Bob Monkhouse

Extremely clever man.

“People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well they're not laughing now.”

Worst Comedian on 08:04 - Aug 26 with 1215 viewsPlanetHonneywood

...or woman's of course.

Speaking of which, not seen a mention for the brilliance that was Caroline Ahern.

Enjoy...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Worst Comedian on 08:13 - Aug 26 with 1200 viewsMick_S

Worst Comedian on 08:04 - Aug 26 by PlanetHonneywood

...or woman's of course.

Speaking of which, not seen a mention for the brilliance that was Caroline Ahern.

Enjoy...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024