Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 50124 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 16:37 - Aug 23 with 2905 viewsqpr1976

Worst Comedian on 14:44 - Jun 4 by kensalriser

Good call on Jerry Sadowitz. Completely mental but very funny.

On MacIntyre - I think he's good enough as a stand-up, but god, that chat show. What a car crash of cringe.

Someone mentioned all Yanks are crap. Really? Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock...

Bill Hicks & Emo Philips…..
Worst Comedian on 17:40 - Aug 23 with 2791 viewsBluce_Ree

Worst Comedian on 16:37 - Aug 23 by qpr1976

Patrice O'Neal

Taken far too soon. His best stuff is as good as anyone's.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Worst Comedian on 21:33 - Aug 23 with 2604 viewshamptonhillhoop

Worst Comedian on 16:37 - Aug 23 by qpr1976

I saw Bill Hicks live twice in the early njneties. Absolute genius.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 21:35]
Worst Comedian on 17:27 - Aug 24 with 2377 viewsqpr1976

Worst Comedian on 21:33 - Aug 23 by hamptonhillhoop

I saw Bill Hicks live twice in the early njneties. Absolute genius.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 21:35]

Seen Emo 3 times years ago. Brilliant.
Worst Comedian on 18:35 - Aug 24 with 2285 viewsToast_R

Who was the woman who lost her shit when that guy told her Sticks and stones but there will always be something to offend a feminist?
She's apparently a comedian?

Larry David is probably the best.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 18:36]
Worst Comedian on 21:18 - Aug 24 with 2179 viewsHayesender

Worst Comedian on 18:35 - Aug 24 by Toast_R

Who was the woman who lost her shit when that guy told her Sticks and stones but there will always be something to offend a feminist?
She's apparently a comedian?

Larry David is probably the best.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 18:36]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst Comedian on 21:53 - Aug 24 with 2148 viewsNewBee

"Sarah F ucking Milligan"

"Ah've got two jokes: Cake, and Fanny. Oh wait, ah've just thought of another: Doughnut - that's like a Cake and a Fanny!"

(If read in a Geordie accent, that's all anyone needs to know about the talentless lump)
Worst Comedian on 22:44 - Aug 24 with 2068 viewsCamberleyR

Worst Comedian on 22:53 - Aug 22 by E17hoop

I'll give pretty much everyone a good few chances to make me laugh but Rosie Jones is one I just can't get on with. I've tried and tried but her timing is all over the place and jokes are tired.

I bloody love Count Arthur Strong. One of the funniest characters in the last 20 years.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 0:06]

I was going to mention her. I have to switch over anything she's on. As funny as a fire in a children's home.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 22:56 - Aug 24 with 2052 viewsrbee

Worst Comedian on 07:37 - Aug 23 by HAYESBOY

Only really one comic I saw live that bombed was Billy Connolly in the mid 90's at Hammersmith Odeon. He really struggled. Kept referring to notes on a little chair he had on stage. Maybe had an off night.

I saw Billy a couple of times. First time was in the mid 80's when he did a charity gig at The Half Moon in Putney and was totally brilliant.

Fast forward to Hammersmith in the mid 90's where he was still funny but nowhere near the gig ten years previous. At Hammersmith he seemed obsessed with saying f**k as many times as he could. Billy is however one of the best.

Plenty of lousy comedians about, certainly Sarah Millican. I don't like Brian Connolly either, I saw him do a routine that just took the p*ss out of Arthur Askey. It wasn't funny and it was also pointless as in his prime Arthur was a massive star with the sort of popularity the likes of Connolly could only ever dream about.
Worst Comedian on 23:34 - Aug 24 with 2024 viewsMrSheen

I’d have been all over this a few years ago, but now I think they’re not good or bad, you just like them or you don’t. For instance, Sharon Horgan. To me, her writing is grindingly obvious and stereotypical, her characters are cliched heroes, villains and buffoons, though all of them seem to whine about nothing serious. But all the women I know adore her. Where I hate the straight-to-camera “Am I right girls, am I right?”, they all shout, “finally, someone says it”. She’s the multi-millionaire, not me.

It’s very easy for you or I to mock a one-hit wonder, but that’s one more than we’ve managed between us. I thought Sarah Millican was quite funny when she first emerged, she had some original routines on some apparently everyday topics. But writing jokes is hard, and it’s easier to pay someone to write new jokes in the style of your old jokes and try to survive on brand recognition than admit you’re not up to it any more. No one is forcing you to watch them, do something else.
Worst Comedian on 23:39 - Aug 24 with 2009 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst comedy is personal, I think we can all agree that Miranda and Mrs. Brown's Boys are utter gash.
Worst Comedian on 23:41 - Aug 24 with 2007 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst Comedian on 10:32 - Jun 4 by Hayesender

Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais

And Ricky Gervais

I've only enjoyed watching him take Hollywood's finest to task when presenting the Oscars. His actual body of work does nothing for me.
Worst Comedian on 23:42 - Aug 24 with 1996 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst Comedian on 10:08 - Jun 4 by Bluce_Ree

Peter Kaye. Fat, unfunny f*ck.

Garlic bread? Garlic c*nt.

100%. His comeback tour was treated like the coming of the 2nd messiah. Maybe it's a northern thing but he's never raised so much as a chortle in the Benny household.
Worst Comedian on 23:46 - Aug 24 with 1991 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst Comedian on 10:59 - Jun 4 by peejaybee

Mr Bean.

Curious one, Mr. Bean. My least favourite of Rowan's creations (more of Blackadder man myself) but his most popular in terms of global numbers. A diluted Benny Hill.
Worst Comedian on 23:56 - Aug 24 with 1984 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst Comedian on 16:22 - Jun 4 by Metallica_Hoop

Miranda is fookin dire.

The best for me was Mike Reid. I can watch his vids over and over.

If memory serves me right, Mike Reid was scheduled to play at a pub in Acton shortly before his passing. Tickets were available via the club and I had at least a dozen friends and family of all ages who asked me to get some. Sadly, Mike had to pull out through illness and he was replaced on the bill by Bobby Davro. Every single one of my group requested a refund and who could blame them!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 23:58]
Worst Comedian on 07:08 - Aug 25 with 1906 viewsHayesender

Worst Comedian on 23:56 - Aug 24 by Benny_the_Ball

If memory serves me right, Mike Reid was scheduled to play at a pub in Acton shortly before his passing. Tickets were available via the club and I had at least a dozen friends and family of all ages who asked me to get some. Sadly, Mike had to pull out through illness and he was replaced on the bill by Bobby Davro. Every single one of my group requested a refund and who could blame them!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 23:58]

I drunkenly bumped into Bobby Davro in Richmond probably about 30 years ago now.

Anyway, in my drunken state I got him mixed up with Freddie Starr, and started shouting at him about hamsters

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst Comedian on 07:14 - Aug 25 with 1895 viewsFDC

Worst Comedian on 10:59 - Aug 23 by Bluce_Ree

I did say earlier in this thread that there aren't really very many good female comedians but actually I can think of a couple of decent routines. See Sarah Kendall's at the bottom of this post. I quite like Maria Bamford also.

But anyway, this joke is dogshit and she's the first woman to win the funniest joke award since 2008. With that shit? It doesn't even really work.

Here's the competition. Weirdly the bottom three jokes are the three best ones.

The most British thing I've ever heard? A lady who said, "Well I'm sorry, but I don't apologise". (Liz Guterbock 41%);
Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it's hardly worth it now. (Amos Gill 40%);
When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it's called a podcast. (Sikisa 34%);
I thought I'd start off with a joke about The Titanic - just to break the ice. (Masai Graham 33%);
How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag. (Frank Lavender 32%);
My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He's Costa-phobic. (Roger Swift 29%);
I entered the "How not to surrender" competition and I won hands down. (Bennett Arron 29%);
Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch. (William Stone 28%);
My grandma describes herself as being in her "twilight years" which I love because they're great films. (Daniel Foxx 26%);

It's all mostly shit though.

Anyway, I always quite liked this routine by Sarah Kendall.

Re female comedians, Taylor Tomlinson is about my favourite comedian at the moment.
Worst Comedian on 10:17 - Aug 25 with 1746 viewsToast_R

Worst Comedian on 21:18 - Aug 24 by Hayesender

"I won't do your show again unless you let me respond"

Oh please don't!

There's a better version of this somewhere using the Curb Your Enthusiam end credits.
Worst Comedian on 10:30 - Aug 25 with 2169 viewsdaveB

I think it's fair to say comedy is quite subjective

One mans genius is another mans blood pressure raising cock womble
Worst Comedian on 10:33 - Aug 25 with 2155 viewsRs_Holy

Worst Comedian on 10:30 - Aug 25 by daveB

'blood pressure raising cock womble'.

... that made me laugh out loud :)
Worst Comedian on 10:38 - Aug 25 with 2146 viewsSydneyRs

There's no need to bring John Terry into this.
Worst Comedian on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 2039 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That made me chuckle.

Agreed, though.

I made a huge error recently. I love Sara Pascoe's stand-up comedy. I think she's clever, she's edgy and she cracks me up. Her show 'Lads, Lads, Lads' is one of the funniest I've seen in years.

So I bought two tickets to her new show for my Sister and her Hubby. Huge mistake. Gigantic. Not their thing at all, which I should have guessed, apparently she bombed (I had to ask them, they were being polite and saying that she was 'fine'), and - worst of all - she made no allowances for the audience on her Irish tour, relying on English cultural references that went over the heads of the crowds here. Lazy. I think I'd still have enjoyed it, but I'd have been in the minority.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 17:43 - Aug 25 with 1787 viewsPaddyhoops

Jason manford . It didn’t help that I’d seen Sean Locke at the same venue a week previous.
Worst Comedian on 19:23 - Aug 25 with 1710 viewsnix

Worst Comedian on 10:55 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

That made me chuckle.

Agreed, though.

I made a huge error recently. I love Sara Pascoe's stand-up comedy. I think she's clever, she's edgy and she cracks me up. Her show 'Lads, Lads, Lads' is one of the funniest I've seen in years.

So I bought two tickets to her new show for my Sister and her Hubby. Huge mistake. Gigantic. Not their thing at all, which I should have guessed, apparently she bombed (I had to ask them, they were being polite and saying that she was 'fine'), and - worst of all - she made no allowances for the audience on her Irish tour, relying on English cultural references that went over the heads of the crowds here. Lazy. I think I'd still have enjoyed it, but I'd have been in the minority.

Yep. Very true.

Few people raving about Mike Reid, so thought I'd watch a bit of it. After five minutes of a poof joke, black guy joke, prostitute joke, another prostitute joke, limp knob gag, I decided he probably wasn't for me.

Humour definitely not universal.

What do you think of Aisling Bea Brian? Not always funny but love the Jonathan Ross episode with her and John Malkovich who is in tears of laughter by the end.

I like story tellers best. Dave Allen, Peter Cook (but not Derek and Clive, sorry), Henning Weghn and Lee Mack all brilliant. Also love David Mitchell on Would I Lie to You.
Worst Comedian on 19:44 - Aug 25 with 1695 viewsMick_S

I’m with the dog.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 19:44]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024