Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jaguars 10:33 - Jan 4 with 1876 viewsthis_charming_man

Anyone have/had one? The car, not the big cat.

Need to get a new car and opting out the car scheme as far more tax efficient to get your own. Been looking around and amazed at what you can get for your money compared to similar Audi’s, BMWs etc.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Jaguars on 10:50 - Jan 4 with 1328 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The new Volvos are great! No idea about Jags, only that I only know old men who have them, genuinely.

I also considered the new Alfa saloon - they look great too.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 10:51]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Jaguars on 10:53 - Jan 4 with 1317 viewssaint68

Jaguars on 10:50 - Jan 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The new Volvos are great! No idea about Jags, only that I only know old men who have them, genuinely.

A bloke I work with bought an f-pace last year and loves it, I quite like the look of the e-pace too.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Jaguars on 10:56 - Jan 4 with 1313 viewssaint68

The Giulia looks stunning.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Jaguars on 11:09 - Jan 4 with 1297 viewsTheMoog

Over-priced unreliable sh1te.

Standby to standby

Jaguars on 11:13 - Jan 4 with 1294 viewsDeargDoom

Jaguars on 11:09 - Jan 4 by TheMoog

Better off with an Alfa, the Guilia (saloon) or the Stelvio (SUV) . Far better value and reliability and they are not German.
Jaguars on 11:28 - Jan 4 with 1284 viewsthis_charming_man

Jaguars on 11:09 - Jan 4 by TheMoog

Over priced? The price is the thing that makes them attractive, c20% cheaper than the equivalent Audi or bmw.

Jaguars on 11:29 - Jan 4 with 1282 viewsthis_charming_man

Ha, you’ve got a Volvo then say old men drive jags

Jaguars on 13:10 - Jan 4 with 1239 viewsTheMoog

Jaguars on 11:28 - Jan 4 by this_charming_man

Over priced? The price is the thing that makes them attractive, c20% cheaper than the equivalent Audi or bmw.

It’s all relative. You can get a Mondeo or Insignia with the same power, torque, comfort and gadgets for a lot less than the equivalent Jag so yes, overpriced. It’s just a metal box on wheels to get you to work but if you want to pay thousands extra for the badge on the front and take it back to the dealer for software updates every so often then that’s buyers choice.

You’re right about Audis and BMWs though. All that money and they don’t even come with indicators.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 13:15]

Standby to standby

Login to get fewer ads

Jaguars on 13:24 - Jan 4 with 1223 viewsthis_charming_man

Jaguars on 13:10 - Jan 4 by TheMoog

It’s all relative. You can get a Mondeo or Insignia with the same power, torque, comfort and gadgets for a lot less than the equivalent Jag so yes, overpriced. It’s just a metal box on wheels to get you to work but if you want to pay thousands extra for the badge on the front and take it back to the dealer for software updates every so often then that’s buyers choice.

You’re right about Audis and BMWs though. All that money and they don’t even come with indicators.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 13:15]

Personally I’m not arsed about new cars. I’d quite happily get a 6 or 7 year old BMW or Audi for £10k and run it til it dies but as work give me a car allowance and I’d use it for work as well they have all these rules about it not being allowed to be more than 5 years old, certain size etc or they can withhold you car allowance. Jag seems a decent value for money option compared to the German cars

Jaguars on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 1214 viewsTheMoog

Jaguars on 13:24 - Jan 4 by this_charming_man

Personally I’m not arsed about new cars. I’d quite happily get a 6 or 7 year old BMW or Audi for £10k and run it til it dies but as work give me a car allowance and I’d use it for work as well they have all these rules about it not being allowed to be more than 5 years old, certain size etc or they can withhold you car allowance. Jag seems a decent value for money option compared to the German cars

Better value certainly. But decent value would be a Mondeo or Mazda 6 that for the same money is probably still in warranty.

Standby to standby

Jaguars on 14:36 - Jan 4 with 1179 viewsChesham_Saint

I have an FType which has been fun, but if you don’t use it regularly the battery tends to drain quite quickly.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Jaguars on 15:17 - Jan 4 with 1163 viewsTheMoog

Jaguars on 14:36 - Jan 4 by Chesham_Saint

I have an FType which has been fun, but if you don’t use it regularly the battery tends to drain quite quickly.

Which one have you got as they go from 300-500PS? They are lovely looking motors but the 340PS model starts at about 43k and you can get a Fiesta RS with 350PS for about 30k and get people in the back.

Standby to standby

Jaguars on 15:56 - Jan 4 with 1139 viewsHeisenberg

Surely people with money to spend on flash cars are looking at electric or hybrids ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Jaguars on 16:20 - Jan 4 with 1117 viewsTheMoog

Jaguars on 15:56 - Jan 4 by Heisenberg

Surely people with money to spend on flash cars are looking at electric or hybrids ?

Not really. Most still want to hear an engine. Even those that buy PHEVs like the Mitsubishi Highlander rarely plug them in and just charge the battery off the engine so are just virtue signalling really.

EVs are generally terrible value anyway. The BMW i3, for example, is an ugly pathetic thing but a three year old model ie out of warranty with a battery that could die at any time, is going for as much as a brand new petrol Fiesta. I know what I’d rather buy.

Standby to standby

Jaguars on 20:28 - Jan 4 with 1049 viewsTimSaint

Ironic that this topic has come up.

A mate who turns 49 in March, has just ordered a Jag as a company car. Not sure what model though.

He had lots of comments along the lines of are you old enough, are you retiring, the car will make you look even older - he has been grey for more than 10 years.

I know he probably does not give a toss and it is up to the individual, but is there a right age, or age threshold for getting a Jag ?

TimSaint

Jaguars on 20:36 - Jan 4 with 1043 viewsHeisenberg

Jaguars on 20:28 - Jan 4 by TimSaint

Ironic that this topic has come up.

A mate who turns 49 in March, has just ordered a Jag as a company car. Not sure what model though.

He had lots of comments along the lines of are you old enough, are you retiring, the car will make you look even older - he has been grey for more than 10 years.

I know he probably does not give a toss and it is up to the individual, but is there a right age, or age threshold for getting a Jag ?

Mid life crisis by the sound of it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Jaguars on 21:04 - Jan 4 with 1026 viewsOccasional_Showers

I recommended the new Volvo's a while back. The XC90 is nice, but possibly a bit wide, I think the xc60 is more practical. They are right up there with BMW's, I'd say better. Audis are ok but a bit common, an a5 is just like driving a skoda superb with a better plastic interior. I still rate Mercs as top of the class though. The GLE being the car I'd most want. I dont really drive many jags, but do drive lots of r/rovers and they're a pretty much identical cockpit layout. Very nice cars. I dont think you'd be disappointed.

What type of car were you after? Saloon, estate, SUV?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 21:09]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Jaguars on 21:06 - Jan 4 with 1022 viewsOccasional_Showers

Jaguars on 16:20 - Jan 4 by TheMoog

Not really. Most still want to hear an engine. Even those that buy PHEVs like the Mitsubishi Highlander rarely plug them in and just charge the battery off the engine so are just virtue signalling really.

EVs are generally terrible value anyway. The BMW i3, for example, is an ugly pathetic thing but a three year old model ie out of warranty with a battery that could die at any time, is going for as much as a brand new petrol Fiesta. I know what I’d rather buy.

Is that a Scottish version of an Outlander?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Jaguars on 21:24 - Jan 4 with 999 viewsTheMoog

Jaguars on 21:06 - Jan 4 by Occasional_Showers

Is that a Scottish version of an Outlander?

Ha! Yes probably

Standby to standby

Jaguars on 21:28 - Jan 4 with 991 viewskingolaf

I had an X-Type a few years ago. Great car until some thick c*nt in a lorry decided to smash the f*ck out of it. C*nt.
Jaguars on 21:36 - Jan 4 with 984 viewsSonicBoom

Cant help thinking that if 22 had posted this asking if he should get a jag or not, he would have been absolutely shredded....
Jaguars on 21:53 - Jan 4 with 963 viewsthis_charming_man

Jaguars on 21:36 - Jan 4 by SonicBoom

Cant help thinking that if 22 had posted this asking if he should get a jag or not, he would have been absolutely shredded....

Why? Jags aren’t flashy. In fact I posted one of the reasons why I’m considering one is because they’re a lot cheaper than a BMW or Audi. In any case 22 posted a while back that he drives are R8 so a jag is beneath him.

Jaguars on 21:56 - Jan 4 with 959 viewsthis_charming_man

I love the Giulia, beautiful car.

Jaguars on 22:11 - Jan 4 with 936 viewsBlue

Persuaded a mate to go look at one last year, he was in the same boat, he went for a test drive at Jaguar Basingstoke, he paid £22k for a 14 month old car that had 10k miles on it, and absolutely loves it.

Still stood in the Kippax

Jaguars on 22:36 - Jan 4 with 914 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Jaguars on 11:29 - Jan 4 by this_charming_man

Ha, you’ve got a Volvo then say old men drive jags

Sorry not sure I follow? You know what I drive (a C300) - I was merely pointing out that the Volvos I test drove (and incidentally my brother has a new XC60 T5) and the Alfas I test drove are decent cars - lovely to look at and good value. Plus all the people I know who drive Jags are old.

I didn't get the deal I wanted on a Volvo or Alfa, I got the Mercedes dealer to give me £13k off my car as they were desperate, so that's what I have.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 22:37]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024