Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Premiership has to be halted 06:41 - Mar 11 with 2780 viewsUmPahars

Forget the fact that playing behind closed doors could have an unfair impact on results, we now have the situation where teams are actually compromised with regards players, training and organisation.

Apparently, Arsenal have a few players & staff in a short Isolation period, which means their preparation for a game that could impact the relegation will be disrupted. Totally unfair on other teams as well as Arsenal Themselves in their challenge for Europe.

This honestly has nothing to do with stopping Liverpool from winning the title.
The Premiership has to be halted on 07:22 - Mar 11 with 2733 viewsMarcus_y

Good point, but in all honesty, without wishing to make light of it all, isn't this just sauce for the goose? Like injuries, the odds are even as to which clubs get hit most. It is just luck.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:41 - Mar 11 with 2676 viewsthis_charming_man

If you’d got your fan on the board status back in 2007 you could have been promoted to fan on the premier league board by now and given them your insight.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:46 - Mar 11 with 2665 viewsSaintNick

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:41 - Mar 11 by this_charming_man

If you’d got your fan on the board status back in 2007 you could have been promoted to fan on the premier league board by now and given them your insight.

Yes and we would also have had a football club that listened to it's fans over the last 13 years

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Premiership has to be halted on 09:35 - Mar 11 with 2610 viewsDENZY

Their open top bus parade around empty streets with the players in Hamzat suits would be quite amusing.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

The Premiership has to be halted on 10:14 - Mar 11 with 2577 viewsPatfromPoole

Just end the season now and completely void all results.

Start again from scratch in August with Man City as reigning champions.

Pomps can go for the Boycotted Trophy again next season, due to retaining their Div 3 status.

Leeds stay down.

Seems by far the fairest outcome to me.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

The Premiership has to be halted on 10:22 - Mar 11 with 2571 viewskingslandstand1

The Premiership has to be halted on 10:14 - Mar 11 by PatfromPoole

Pomps can go for the Boycotted Trophy again next season, due to retaining their Div 3 status.

Leeds stay down.

And we may be able to learn how to buy a defender or 3 in the upcoming transfer windows
The Premiership has to be halted on 10:26 - Mar 11 with 2562 viewsthis_charming_man

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:46 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

Yes and we would also have had a football club that listened to it's fans over the last 13 years

Great. We'd have a squad of 90 players, a 55,000 stadium everyone paying a tenner to get in and getting free beer all game, Cortese would still be here and Jack Stephens would be playing for England.

The Premiership has to be halted on 16:41 - Mar 11 with 2460 views1885_SFC

The Manchester City v Arsenal match has been postponed after the entire Arsenal team tested negative for talent.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

The Premiership has to be halted (n/t) on 20:12 - Mar 11 with 2338 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:48]
The Premiership has to be halted on 20:17 - Mar 11 with 2330 viewsOccasional_Showers

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:41 - Mar 11 by this_charming_man

"Right now that voice is only a whisper but in time it will grow to be a roar"

[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 20:19]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

The Premiership has to be halted on 23:40 - Mar 11 with 2222 viewsPatfromPoole

Fearing Norwich could be behind closed doors on Saturday.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

The Premiership has to be halted on 02:01 - Mar 12 with 2196 viewsOccasional_Showers

USA bans all flights from the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/coronavirus-outbreak-us-trump-late

Oh cripes I reckon my holiday is going to get cancelled the way it's going.

The Premiership has to be halted on 07:27 - Mar 12 with 2093 viewsCity_boy

The Premiership has to be halted on 10:14 - Mar 11 by PatfromPoole

Leeds stay down.

Agree with this, and whilst at it, lets cancel contracts on some of the players we signed.
The Premiership has to be halted on 07:49 - Mar 12 with 2065 viewsthis_charming_man

The Premiership has to be halted on 20:17 - Mar 11 by Occasional_Showers

"Right now that voice is only a whisper but in time it will grow to be a roar"

[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 20:19]

Those were the days. All the cryptic “I’d like to be able to tell you but.......” posts all these people coming out trying to be the voice of the fans.

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:00 - Mar 12 with 2054 viewsthis_charming_man

Looks like all matches will be played behind closed doors

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:21 - Mar 12 with 2031 viewsOccasional_Showers

The Premiership has to be halted on 07:49 - Mar 12 by this_charming_man

Those were the days. All the cryptic “I’d like to be able to tell you but.......” posts all these people coming out trying to be the voice of the fans.

"Mike asked ME to ask you" was a personal favourite of mine.

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:31 - Mar 12 with 2019 viewssolent_toffee

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:00 - Mar 12 by this_charming_man

I will bet my house that tens of thousand of scruffs turn up outside Anfield for the next Liverpool match if it’s played behind closed doors, because it’s all about them.
The Premiership has to be halted on 11:22 - Mar 12 with 1915 viewsthis_charming_man

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:31 - Mar 12 by solent_toffee

I will bet my house that tens of thousand of scruffs turn up outside Anfield for the next Liverpool match if it’s played behind closed doors, because it’s all about them.

Course they will and the media will lap it up, brave Liverpool fans risking DEATH to show their loyalty to their special club.

The Premiership has to be halted on 13:01 - Mar 12 with 1843 viewsfranniesTache

In my role for BUSINESS i work with the EFL and have been in on conference calls with them this morning, these are the scintillating highlights of that call,

As much as it shouldn't the decision on saturday is coming down to if the league can sort streaming out in time. Premier League want to have games behind closed doors but the EFL aren't ready and are worried about loss of revenue.

Lots of pressure from players agents to suspend (especially in the Premier League), lots of pressure from chairman below the championship to keep it as normal as gate receipts are so important to their survival.

EFL's websites can support streaming for clubs at the moment but they've never tested in the volume they expect if it happens and don't think it's realistic for the weekend.

Expect some sort of announcement later today.
The Premiership has to be halted on 13:06 - Mar 12 with 1834 viewsKennington

The Premiership has to be halted on 13:01 - Mar 12 by franniesTache

In my role for BUSINESS i work with the EFL and have been in on conference calls with them this morning, these are the scintillating highlights of that call,

As much as it shouldn't the decision on saturday is coming down to if the league can sort streaming out in time. Premier League want to have games behind closed doors but the EFL aren't ready and are worried about loss of revenue.

Lots of pressure from players agents to suspend (especially in the Premier League), lots of pressure from chairman below the championship to keep it as normal as gate receipts are so important to their survival.

EFL's websites can support streaming for clubs at the moment but they've never tested in the volume they expect if it happens and don't think it's realistic for the weekend.

Expect some sort of announcement later today.

Surely all the games could be streamed on amazon as free to air for one weekend? As this is no time for paywalls.

Amazon would easily have the bandwidth for that. The usual generic commentators will already be at the games anyway.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Premiership has to be halted on 13:23 - Mar 12 with 1806 viewsdirk_doone

The Premiership has to be halted on 08:00 - Mar 12 by this_charming_man

Little Pompey and Salford will share the record for the smallest number of fans ever at a Wembley final.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Premiership has to be halted on 14:12 - Mar 12 with 1765 viewsfranniesTache

The Premiership has to be halted on 13:06 - Mar 12 by Kennington

Surely all the games could be streamed on amazon as free to air for one weekend? As this is no time for paywalls.

Amazon would easily have the bandwidth for that. The usual generic commentators will already be at the games anyway.

The EFL already has it's own streaming service that it wants to use for it, there's no way they're giving over that revenue to another party like Amazon when they can lock people into their own services.

No idea about the premier league but my guess would be they'd struggle as sharing who has/hasn't bought tickets to an international company like Amazon or Sky would be a data protection nightmare.
The Premiership has to be halted on 14:24 - Mar 12 with 1752 viewsKennington

The Premiership has to be halted on 14:12 - Mar 12 by franniesTache

The EFL already has it's own streaming service that it wants to use for it, there's no way they're giving over that revenue to another party like Amazon when they can lock people into their own services.

No idea about the premier league but my guess would be they'd struggle as sharing who has/hasn't bought tickets to an international company like Amazon or Sky would be a data protection nightmare.

But they’re completely misreading the public mood then. They need to realise that football is an opium for the masses, and it’s not a time for creating revenue streams. The premier league should just hand over the streams from the 3pm games to Amazon or YouTube or any other service that gives free streaming at scale. Fück trying to make money out of Coronavirus. I don’t understand the data protection thing, as the streams should be free for everyone.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 14:27]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Premiership has to be halted on 15:04 - Mar 12 with 1711 viewsDominic_Oliver

Large gatherings including sporting event crowds should be halted meaning P*mpey may continue all home fixtures for the foreseeable.
The Premiership has to be halted on 16:52 - Mar 12 with 1646 viewsthis_charming_man

The PRemier league wont do what's best for the fans, they'll do what preserves their income. Greed comes first.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024