Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Common Sense' 08:28 - May 12 with 1841 viewsBoris_

Good to see the government ramming that slogan down all the dimwits throats the last couple of days and in all of their interviews this morning.

The question is, are the tory-haters thick, or just playing dumb?

Poll: Claude Puel

'Common Sense' on 08:35 - May 12 with 826 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a highly dangerous tactic.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

'Common Sense' on 08:39 - May 12 with 809 viewsSteveMoron

Telling me I can see one parent at a time in a park whilst the other waits in the car is common sense!
'Common Sense' on 08:43 - May 12 with 798 viewsPatfromPoole

Hancock also now says you can meet a new person each day in the park.

I dread to think how anybody could even begin to police this.

'Common Sense' on 08:46 - May 12 with 794 viewsBoris_

'Common Sense' on 08:43 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

They can't and the government know this, which is why they are trying to appeal to people to have some common sense.

'Common Sense' on 08:49 - May 12 with 786 viewsBoris_

'Common Sense' on 08:39 - May 12 by SteveMoron

Telling me I can see one parent at a time in a park whilst the other waits in the car is common sense!

No, common sense is that there's a loophole in the law ( which I think is intentional so those of us who are intelligent enough and do have common sense can see through and those are the ones that the government trust to be sensible )

Your household is allowed to sit in the park for as long as you like as long as you are 2 metres away.

Another household is also allowed to sit in the park for as long as you like, as long as you are 2 metres away.

I'll leave it to you to connect the dots mush.

'Common Sense' on 08:51 - May 12 with 770 viewsOccasional_Showers

The prime minister stood up on Sunday and told people to go to work on Monday when the policy was to start back from Wednesday. Dominic Raab clarified the meeting up policy to say you could meet both of your parents only to then have to re clarify that by both he actually meant just one. The guidance to employers on safe practices isn’t ready, which it needed to be prior to starting back on Monday, changed to Wednesday, changed to a later day following whatever day they receive the information.

The last couple of days have been a shambles.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

'Common Sense' on 08:53 - May 12 with 764 viewsOccasional_Showers

'Common Sense' on 08:43 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

Is it breaking the rules to meet one person in the morning and another different person in the afternoon?

'Common Sense' on 08:53 - May 12 with 769 viewssaint68

'Common Sense' on 08:46 - May 12 by Boris_

They can't and the government know this, which is why they are trying to appeal to people to have some common sense.

Well if this forum is an indicator of the English public then it will descend into chaos, I notice the ones that wanted more freedom a couple of weeks back now want a heavy lockdown for another month or so . You just can't win when politics is their driving force and common sense doesn't suit their agenda.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

'Common Sense' on 08:57 - May 12 with 747 viewsOccasional_Showers

'Common Sense' on 08:46 - May 12 by Boris_

Asking for clarity is common sense. If the government haven’t even thought about any of this how can the public know what is right and what is wrong?

Sometimes you’ve got to call something out for what it is and the last few days have been a calamity.

'Common Sense' on 08:59 - May 12 with 753 viewsgrumpy

'Common Sense' on 08:53 - May 12 by saint68

Well if this forum is an indicator of the English public then it will descend into chaos, I notice the ones that wanted more freedom a couple of weeks back now want a heavy lockdown for another month or so . You just can't win when politics is their driving force and common sense doesn't suit their agenda.

Sophomania
'Common Sense' on 08:59 - May 12 with 750 viewsBoris_

'Common Sense' on 08:53 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Is it breaking the rules to meet one person in the morning and another different person in the afternoon?

According to Hancock, no. You can meet as many people as you like 1 at a time.

This is 'common sense' and the rationale behind it is to limit gatherings and try to not encourage the dimwits to go to the park and have BBQ's with their friends.

'Common Sense' on 09:03 - May 12 with 741 viewssaint68

'Common Sense' on 08:59 - May 12 by grumpy

Sophomania

What's up Grumps?.....going stir crazy!!!

Get your fishing gear out of the shed tomorrow morning and go spend some quality time in the sunshine...it will do you the world of good fella.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

'Common Sense' on 09:04 - May 12 with 738 viewsHeisenberg

'Common Sense' on 08:51 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

The prime minister stood up on Sunday and told people to go to work on Monday when the policy was to start back from Wednesday. Dominic Raab clarified the meeting up policy to say you could meet both of your parents only to then have to re clarify that by both he actually meant just one. The guidance to employers on safe practices isn’t ready, which it needed to be prior to starting back on Monday, changed to Wednesday, changed to a later day following whatever day they receive the information.

We don't usually agree on much but that's pretty much spot on. I'm not into Govt bashing for the sake of it, they made some mistakes when we had a chance to go into lockdown earlier and the PPE issue was a bit of a mess but the building of the Nightingale hospitals is a success, although thank god so far they haven't been required. Johnsons performance yesterday was a shambles of waffle subsequently confused by other departments message. The one shocking thing was the sudden announcement of travel quarantine when at the height of the crisis flights were arriving with no 14 day isolation requirement. Although I couldn't stand either for different reasons Thatcher or Blair wouldn't have presided over this mess and would have got a grip. Johnson has been exposed. I love the common sense mantra. This from a man who couldn't follow his own advice and boasted about shaking hands with people before catching the virus that nearly did for him.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

'Common Sense' on 09:04 - May 12 with 735 viewsPatfromPoole

'Common Sense' on 08:59 - May 12 by Boris_

According to Hancock, no. You can meet as many people as you like 1 at a time.

This is 'common sense' and the rationale behind it is to limit gatherings and try to not encourage the dimwits to go to the park and have BBQ's with their friends.

Park Speed Dating is going to be the new craze, I tells ya.

'Common Sense' on 09:05 - May 12 with 728 viewsOccasional_Showers

'Common Sense' on 08:53 - May 12 by saint68

People were packed onto tube trains yesterday going to work when they weren’t supposed to go to work until Wednesday following the releases of agreed safety measures which won’t be ready until some day soon.

They’ve had fookin 6 weeks to get everything ready for this point but nobody from the Prime Minister to the Foreign secretary has got a clue what anybody is supposed to be doing. Nothing has been thought about or planned. It’s an absolute mess.

'Common Sense' on 09:06 - May 12 with 735 viewskernow

'Common Sense' on 08:59 - May 12 by grumpy

Sophomania

Had look that one up, applicable.
'Common Sense' on 09:08 - May 12 with 732 viewsSadoldgit

I am assuming that Boris Johnson is not a Tory Hater yet he managed to ignore or misinterpret his own advice, shake hands with infected people and catch the disease!

It is not just Tory Haters who are confused by the government’s mixed and woolly messsages. If the messages coming out of Downing Street were any more woolly, they would me mammoths. Common sense has been in short supply so far by a percentage of the population which is why messages need to be clear and unequivocal. To dismiss concerns as just political point scoring by those who do not like the government is to completely miss the point. I am seeing more and more FB comments by Johnson supporters questioning what is going on. Staunch Tory papers like The Mail and Telegraph are asking questions. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are going down a different route and for very good reason. Raab was contradicting Johnson’s Sunday night speech not long after it was made.

This government does not inspire confidence and is being run by someone who looks and acts like he would rather be anywhere else but here at the moment. More and more people are coming round to that point of view, not just Tory Haters.
'Common Sense' on 09:09 - May 12 with 729 viewsBoris_

'Common Sense' on 08:57 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Asking for clarity is common sense. If the government haven’t even thought about any of this how can the public know what is right and what is wrong?

Sometimes you’ve got to call something out for what it is and the last few days have been a calamity.

They have thought about it, I can see the rationale in pretty all much all of their decisions.

It is clear they are trying to get through this by ruling with consent of the people as opposed to directing them. We don't have the culture that would react well to marshall law.

'Common Sense' on 09:10 - May 12 with 717 viewsOccasional_Showers

'Common Sense' on 09:04 - May 12 by Heisenberg

We don't usually agree on much but that's pretty much spot on. I'm not into Govt bashing for the sake of it, they made some mistakes when we had a chance to go into lockdown earlier and the PPE issue was a bit of a mess but the building of the Nightingale hospitals is a success, although thank god so far they haven't been required. Johnsons performance yesterday was a shambles of waffle subsequently confused by other departments message. The one shocking thing was the sudden announcement of travel quarantine when at the height of the crisis flights were arriving with no 14 day isolation requirement. Although I couldn't stand either for different reasons Thatcher or Blair wouldn't have presided over this mess and would have got a grip. Johnson has been exposed. I love the common sense mantra. This from a man who couldn't follow his own advice and boasted about shaking hands with people before catching the virus that nearly did for him.

Blair was intelligent, Thatcher had an intelligent cabinet.

Where is the Home Secretary?

'Common Sense' on 09:13 - May 12 with 719 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

'Common Sense' on 08:51 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Sadly I agree. This is the biggest mess up they've overseen and they should've outlined a high-level plan subject to conditions and for now kept it the same, as per Scotland.

Shambles is the right word.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

'Common Sense' on 09:14 - May 12 with 714 viewskernow

'Common Sense' on 09:10 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Blair was intelligent, Thatcher had an intelligent cabinet.

Where is the Home Secretary?

Working on the points based immigration system.
'Common Sense' on 09:15 - May 12 with 711 viewssaint22

'Common Sense' on 08:35 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

It’s a highly dangerous tactic.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

Passing the buck and relying on a very large amount of common people to have any sense
recipe for new spike if ever there was one
'Common Sense' on 09:15 - May 12 with 703 viewsOccasional_Showers

'Common Sense' on 09:09 - May 12 by Boris_

They have thought about it, I can see the rationale in pretty all much all of their decisions.

It is clear they are trying to get through this by ruling with consent of the people as opposed to directing them. We don't have the culture that would react well to marshall law.

No they haven’t thought about it. A lot of ideas have been thrown up into the air and now they’re scrabbling about trying work out the details.

'Common Sense' on 09:16 - May 12 with 706 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

'Common Sense' on 09:15 - May 12 by saint22

Passing the buck and relying on a very large amount of common people to have any sense
recipe for new spike if ever there was one

This.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

'Common Sense' on 09:20 - May 12 with 693 viewsOccasional_Showers

OK Boris, as a BUSINESSMAN you were told to get your staff back in on Monday (clarified to mean Wednesday) have you received any guidance on what you need to do as an employer to protect your staff? Bearing in mind you could be up in court for corporate manslaughter if you don’t do things correctly.

I used my ‘common sense’ ain’t going to get you off when you’re in court trying to explain why your employees died.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 9:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024