Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protests Today 19:57 - Jun 6 with 9900 viewsBoris_

Disgusting scenes today in London, scumbags even attacking horses.

But we're all supposed to accept it because they are rioting about an incident in another country 4000 miles away?

Let's see what's on the front pages of the left wing press tomorrow, I bet it won't be pictures of horses coming under attack and a Policeman being knocked off his horse causing the horse to run away in fear?

To think the vast majority of those out protesting today would have had the nerve to be shouting and screaming about Cummings too...

[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 19:58]

Poll: Claude Puel

Protests Today on 11:23 - Jun 7 with 1235 viewsChesham_Saint

Protests Today on 10:27 - Jun 7 by JaySaint

2 unarmed people were killed by police in the UK over the whole of 2019

one of those was a terrorist (London Bridge)

meanwhile, gangs in London are killing each other, and that is my fault because I am white?

Jay - the terrorist on London Bridge WAS armed and plod were absolutely right to take him out.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Protests Today on 11:39 - Jun 7 with 1199 viewsSadoldgit

Protests Today on 11:10 - Jun 7 by Boris_

Nobody seems to want to talk about the scummy past of George Flloyd, being imprisoned 5 times and once for an armed robbery where he held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman whilst he went on to rob her house.

But it hasn’t stopped you from doing so. It was what, 13 years ago? Apparently he has tried to turn his life around since then so fair play. What he did in the past does not excuse his murder in such a brutal way. Or do you think it does?
Protests Today on 11:41 - Jun 7 with 1207 viewsDorsetIan

Protests Today on 11:20 - Jun 7 by Chesham_Saint

Hi Ian, yes it’s been a while. I just saw no point in taking part in the Piers Morgan style endless Government bashing on here, when I think the truth is that any government of any political stripe would have had massive difficulty with the pandemic. BLM is a different issue.

Your first 2 paragraphs — I agree.

Your points about the “lived experience” are interesting. I'm of the view that sadly it’s never going to be a perfect world (although we have to try). Secondly, the vast majority of British people are basically reasonable, don’t like bullies and just want to get on with their lives. In short, whilst there inevitably many, many cases of racism, there are an almost infinite number of times when this doesn’t happen and people just get on and work, live and love together. In other words, the UK problem is not the US problem in scale or intent.

The reality is that the US is a very different country. If anyone assumes they're ‘just like us’ because they look similar and have a common language, they're wrong. Their views on religion, health and the penal system for example, are off the scale compared to us. This isn’t a view confined to red necks; in my experience business people (Republican and Democrat alike) support a lot of that too.

Back to the UK experience and our police. Like many, I’ve experienced first hand their over-use of force and although they employ quite a few dick heads, overall they do a good job in very difficult circumstances. Try comparing them to France, Japan or Hong Kong for example.

The bottom line for me is that in the UK right now the virus rules out mass demonstrations — particularly when a lot of it is people politically posturing (Barry Gardiner anyone?).

Fair enough. I too have difficulty with the blatent flouting of the distancing rules - especially given the disproportionate Covid risks to black and asian people.

In terms of the level of debate on here, my impression is that things have improved with some recent departures. Certainly, the level of malice seems to have declined.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Protests Today on 11:47 - Jun 7 with 1197 viewsVagina_Dentata

Nobody seems to want to talk about the scummy past of George Flloyd, being imprisoned 5 times and once for an armed robbery where he held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman whilst he went on to rob her house.

It has been spoken about, at length.

Here’s some context for why it has been spoken about.

A white supremacist, Timothy Keith Moore, ran his car over Robert Forbes, a black protestor, in Bakersfield CA on Wednesday. Forbes died after 3 days in the hospital.

Moore has the Nazi 14/88 symbol tattoo & a long history of domestic violence, he was allowed to smoke a cigarette and share a joke with police when they took him in.

It’s important to recognise the differences in the two approaches and question reasons why they were so different.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 11:48]

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Protests Today on 11:57 - Jun 7 with 1172 viewsBison

Protests Today on 11:47 - Jun 7 by Vagina_Dentata

A white supremacist, Timothy Keith Moore, ran his car over Robert Forbes, a black protestor, in Bakersfield CA on Wednesday. Forbes died after 3 days in the hospital.

Moore has the Nazi 14/88 symbol tattoo & a long history of domestic violence, he was allowed to smoke a cigarette and share a joke with police when they took him in.

It’s important to recognise the differences in the two approaches and question reasons why they were so different.

Why is that in context ?

The US is not the UK , I expect what you describe happens daily in the US I can't recall similar happening here , be careful with your Google I'm not talking Stephen Lawrence here , I'm saying I don't think are coppers would smoke fags with racists and are not under the pay of rich patrons.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Protests Today on 12:03 - Jun 7 with 1164 viewsVagina_Dentata

Protests Today on 11:57 - Jun 7 by Bison

Why is that in context ?

The US is not the UK , I expect what you describe happens daily in the US I can't recall similar happening here , be careful with your Google I'm not talking Stephen Lawrence here , I'm saying I don't think are coppers would smoke fags with racists and are not under the pay of rich patrons.

Both of those events were in the USA. It was a response to Boris talking about George Floyd. I haven’t mentioned British protests, nor was it related to them, nor was it supposed to provide context. That was clear from the post I was responding to.

Protests Today on 12:06 - Jun 7 with 1149 viewsSadoldgit

Seen on a poster - “there is a greater virus than Covid-19 and that is racism”.

I wonder what Boris makes of that?
Protests Today on 12:18 - Jun 7 with 1143 viewsBison

Protests Today on 12:03 - Jun 7 by Vagina_Dentata

Both of those events were in the USA. It was a response to Boris talking about George Floyd. I haven’t mentioned British protests, nor was it related to them, nor was it supposed to provide context. That was clear from the post I was responding to.

Sorry when you said to put context I though you were referring to what is happening in our country.

Our cops are pretty good compared to the yanks though.

RIP Sefton.

Login to get fewer ads

Protests Today on 12:32 - Jun 7 with 1131 viewscocklebreath

Protests Today on 12:18 - Jun 7 by Bison

Sorry when you said to put context I though you were referring to what is happening in our country.

Our cops are pretty good compared to the yanks though.

RIP Sefton.

Pretty good until they see football fans

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Protests Today on 12:38 - Jun 7 with 1124 viewsBoris_

Protests Today on 11:47 - Jun 7 by Vagina_Dentata

I have no idea what link you are trying to make?

The point I am making is that people should of course protest peacefully ( when safe to do so, not in the middle of a global pandemic when they were crying a few days ago about Cummings isolating his family in Durham )

What they shouldn't be doing, is doing it in the name of a scumbag who spent his life in and out of prison and once robbed a pregnant womans house at gunpoint and held the gun at her stomach.

Poll: Claude Puel

Protests Today on 12:39 - Jun 7 with 1120 viewsJaySaint

Protests Today on 11:23 - Jun 7 by Chesham_Saint

Jay - the terrorist on London Bridge WAS armed and plod were absolutely right to take him out.

not with a gun

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Protests Today on 12:47 - Jun 7 with 1109 viewsVagina_Dentata

Protests Today on 12:38 - Jun 7 by Boris_

I have no idea what link you are trying to make?

The point I am making is that people should of course protest peacefully ( when safe to do so, not in the middle of a global pandemic when they were crying a few days ago about Cummings isolating his family in Durham )

What they shouldn't be doing, is doing it in the name of a scumbag who spent his life in and out of prison and once robbed a pregnant womans house at gunpoint and held the gun at her stomach.

The point was very clear. Surely a man of your intelligence should have been able to pick it up.

Both men have a long criminal history. I was directly addressing your point about George Floyd’s past with evidence of how the police approach differs greatly.

It wasn’t addressing a separate point about whether Floyd is a suitable catalyst for BAME protests.
I should think anyone can see it’s about more than just Floyd though.

Protests Today on 13:33 - Jun 7 with 1079 viewsBison

Would being high on fentanyl and methamphetamine of effected his behaviour ? I presume that's meth ? I didn't realise about the pregnant woman incident , I'm suddenly not so disgusted.

Protests Today on 13:33 - Jun 7 with 1081 viewswashington_saint

Honestly, that has nothing to do with his brutal murder.

I can tell you that, overall, there is a genuine revulsion across the divides about what what happened to George Floyd.

Yes, there is still a problem with racism (but it is not as prevalent as the media would have you believe) and yes, there are a multitude of excuses that can be held up by both sides.

As well as having "professional" agitators both sides of the pond I have a theory that the extended lockdowns have also caused people to want to let off steam in a big way. The violence is despicable and detracts from the core message of the peaceful protesters.

Its very ironic - the Governor of New York is a slime ball. His daily press conferences sowing seeds of fear saying if you went outside you would literally be killing people has now changed to protesters have a right to be angry and to congregate. After telling police to arrest people who were not social distancing
Protests Today on 13:55 - Jun 7 with 1066 viewssaint68

Protests Today on 12:06 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

Seen on a poster - “there is a greater virus than Covid-19 and that is racism”.

I wonder what Boris makes of that?

I think the relatives of over 350.000 poor souls have lost their lives to this pandemic would vehemently disagree.

The greatest killer of black people worldwide through violence ...is black people...are they racists?

Just look at the horrendous knife deaths in london by ethnicity...it is predominantly black on black..by as much as 80%
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:57]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Protests Today on 14:33 - Jun 7 with 1032 viewswashington_saint

Protests Today on 13:55 - Jun 7 by saint68

I think the relatives of over 350.000 poor souls have lost their lives to this pandemic would vehemently disagree.

The greatest killer of black people worldwide through violence ...is black people...are they racists?

Just look at the horrendous knife deaths in london by ethnicity...it is predominantly black on black..by as much as 80%

You;re wasting your time.

SOG is either a WUM in the nature of Saint22 or really is a hysterical tart with no grip on reality.
Protests Today on 14:57 - Jun 7 with 1020 viewssaint68

Protests Today on 14:33 - Jun 7 by washington_saint

You;re wasting your time.

SOG is either a WUM in the nature of Saint22 or really is a hysterical tart with no grip on reality.

You are correct Sir, I stopped posting due to the constant cycle of bullshit purveyed by these blinkered idiots.

I think I will probably once again do the same...its tedious and a waste of time.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Protests Today on 15:46 - Jun 7 with 994 viewsDorsetIan

Protests Today on 13:55 - Jun 7 by saint68

Do you want to qualify your second remark?

Given that most deaths of anyone worldwide are from heart disease, cancer, and other diseases how on earth can the greatest killer of black people worldwide be black people?

And whatever you are trying to say, I hope you've got some good statistical evidence to back it up because at the moment it just seems like a very prejudicial throw away remark about black people.

Protests Today on 16:18 - Jun 7 with 968 viewsSaintsforeverj

I have been to America a few times, and there does seem to be an underlying "can't put my finger on it" underlying "something" that I don't like. The kids needed some medication. The American hospital took hours to hand it out, after making phone calls to my insurance. When we got back, we found out that the hospital was demanding double rates for the medication.

Something as simple as finding a place on a beach, putting your towels down was slightly tense with black people and white people keeping apart from each other. The black waitress we gave a tip too, desperately anxious that her boss would find out, as "tips go to the boss", so she whispered. And the homeless problem, as people go by in their huge cars, was dreadful.

In the UK, I can honestly say I haven't seen myself any obvious racism. My kids have a few black / Asian friends, our neighbours are Indian - no issues or any mention of skin colour from anybody at all. A black family sit a few seats away St Mary's. We all shake hands with each other, talk to each other. No sign of racism whatsoever. The local headteacher is black - so who says a black person doesn't have the same opportunities nowadays?

The people protesting from what I can see, are the same hysterical youngsters, still to learn a lot about life. They viciously attack Boris and Trump (And Churchill) for the actions of ONE officer, who may or may not have done the same to a white person. The officer is now rightly in jail so the justice has also been served.

Our police haven't been brutal have they? It's just rediculous, protesting in other countries. In my experience, in the UK, is that racism isn't a huge problem. You will never stop the odd idiot and therefore these protests are totally pointless and irresponsible during a virus pandemic.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Protests Today on 16:43 - Jun 7 with 941 viewsDorsetIan

Protests Today on 16:18 - Jun 7 by Saintsforeverj

I have been to America a few times, and there does seem to be an underlying "can't put my finger on it" underlying "something" that I don't like. The kids needed some medication. The American hospital took hours to hand it out, after making phone calls to my insurance. When we got back, we found out that the hospital was demanding double rates for the medication.

Something as simple as finding a place on a beach, putting your towels down was slightly tense with black people and white people keeping apart from each other. The black waitress we gave a tip too, desperately anxious that her boss would find out, as "tips go to the boss", so she whispered. And the homeless problem, as people go by in their huge cars, was dreadful.

In the UK, I can honestly say I haven't seen myself any obvious racism. My kids have a few black / Asian friends, our neighbours are Indian - no issues or any mention of skin colour from anybody at all. A black family sit a few seats away St Mary's. We all shake hands with each other, talk to each other. No sign of racism whatsoever. The local headteacher is black - so who says a black person doesn't have the same opportunities nowadays?

The people protesting from what I can see, are the same hysterical youngsters, still to learn a lot about life. They viciously attack Boris and Trump (And Churchill) for the actions of ONE officer, who may or may not have done the same to a white person. The officer is now rightly in jail so the justice has also been served.

Our police haven't been brutal have they? It's just rediculous, protesting in other countries. In my experience, in the UK, is that racism isn't a huge problem. You will never stop the odd idiot and therefore these protests are totally pointless and irresponsible during a virus pandemic.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:22]

I take it from your post that you are not black.

Do you not hear the black and asian people in the UK saying that they experience racism?

Or are you telling them that they are mistaken?

I just don't get a white person declaring that in the UK, 'racism isn't a huge problem'. Seriously, how the f*ck would we know?

Protests Today on 16:51 - Jun 7 with 928 viewsSaintsforeverj

Protests Today on 16:43 - Jun 7 by DorsetIan

I take it from your post that you are not black.

Do you not hear the black and asian people in the UK saying that they experience racism?

Or are you telling them that they are mistaken?

I just don't get a white person declaring that in the UK, 'racism isn't a huge problem'. Seriously, how the f*ck would we know?

Well, my neighbours don't say to me "gosh it's so racist here". They tell me they love this country.

Some of our police service are from ethnic / black minorities themselves. Do you think they should have to put up with being accused as being institutionally racist?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Protests Today on 17:02 - Jun 7 with 899 viewsDorsetIan

Protests Today on 16:51 - Jun 7 by Saintsforeverj

Well, my neighbours don't say to me "gosh it's so racist here". They tell me they love this country.

Some of our police service are from ethnic / black minorities themselves. Do you think they should have to put up with being accused as being institutionally racist?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:54]

Well if you don't hear the other voices telling you that they do experience racism, what can I say?

It's one of the biggest complaints of many black people that they are told by white people that there isn't a racism problem. If I was experiencing racism, I can imagine how that would really p!ss me off.

Protests Today on 17:08 - Jun 7 with 892 viewssolent_toffee

Maybe because it has no relevance to the crime that was committed against him? Or is it fair game for anyone who has criminal record to be murdered by the police.

It’s just so hard to keep up with the internet righteous kangaroo courts these days.
Protests Today on 17:09 - Jun 7 with 892 viewsChesham_Saint

You know what's sadly missing from this whole debate?

Yes, that's right. Some sage advice from Lily Allen.

Where IS she in this hour of need? Perhaps making dinner for all the asylum seekers she has opened her home to? Come on Lily, we need your guidance at this critical time. Or maybe there's another omniscient celebrity who could help us. Where the fvck is Dame Emma Thomson when you need her?!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Protests Today on 17:32 - Jun 7 with 860 viewscocklebreath

Protests Today on 17:08 - Jun 7 by solent_toffee

Maybe because it has no relevance to the crime that was committed against him? Or is it fair game for anyone who has criminal record to be murdered by the police.

It’s just so hard to keep up with the internet righteous kangaroo courts these days.

Well said. God forbid any ex cons walking the streets, if they do then murder is the only solution.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024