Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just over a week to go 09:56 - Jun 11 with 1699 viewsSaintNick

All getting exited about our first game,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Just over a week to go on 10:06 - Jun 11 with 1233 viewsBoris_

No

Poll: Claude Puel

Just over a week to go on 10:21 - Jun 11 with 1228 viewskernow

I was against the resumption of football but since it's going to happen anyway I'm looking forward to watching Saints on the telly. Just hope they perform as they should and don't frustrate and disappoint.
Just over a week to go on 11:41 - Jun 11 with 1199 viewsChesham_Saint

No. Not at all. It's a farce.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Just over a week to go on 12:13 - Jun 11 with 1176 viewsPatfromPoole

Nope. Sorry.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Just over a week to go on 12:27 - Jun 11 with 1167 viewsSaintNick

Just over a week to go on 11:41 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

It may be a farce but what would you suggest that was done otherwise, cancel the season and see half of the premier League go bust ?

Tell me what could be done differently

Just over a week to go on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 1160 viewsSteveMoron

Yep looking forward to it.
Just over a week to go on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 1143 viewsPatfromPoole

Just over a week to go on 12:27 - Jun 11 by SaintNick

It may be a farce but what would you suggest that was done otherwise, cancel the season and see half of the premier League go bust ?

Tell me what could be done differently

Half the Prem would never have gone bust.

SKY and BT Sport wouldn’t exist without the Prem. They would have just done a deal to get more games over the next few seasons for the same money.

They shouldn’t be playing it while people are dying, our kids are not getting educated at schools, and so much of the economy has ground to a halt.

Talk of “lifting the morale of the nation” is laughable. It will alienate far more people than it will give a boost to.

Just over a week to go on 12:58 - Jun 11 with 1135 viewsSaintNick

Just over a week to go on 12:46 - Jun 11 by PatfromPoole

Half the Prem would never have gone bust.

SKY and BT Sport wouldn’t exist without the Prem. They would have just done a deal to get more games over the next few seasons for the same money.

They shouldn’t be playing it while people are dying, our kids are not getting educated at schools, and so much of the economy has ground to a halt.

Talk of “lifting the morale of the nation” is laughable. It will alienate far more people than it will give a boost to.

1 . They would have see 2.

2. Sky & BT arent interested in half the prem, they are interested in a handful of clubs they can get to form a European super league

3. I don't want to sound facetious but football has always been played with people dying, whether it is football or opening Ikea things have to start to get back to normal, we cannot just wait till people have stopped dying, life has to go on through tough times, whether it is World War 2 or Covid 19 we have to just get on with things and not make it worse than it is. I am not being disrespectful here just pragmatic

4. I dont think football will lift the morale of the nation, but it will lift the boredom, if 2 million stay at home to watch football then they are not on the beach or other areas where social distancing has been totally breached.

5. Things can only be reopened etc when it is safe, it is safe to play Premier League football infront of an empty stadium in strict conditions, it is not safe to go to the supermarket let alone the beach, the reality is that you cannot totally lock down a nation and therefore you cannot totally stop people dying

Login to get fewer ads

Just over a week to go on 13:00 - Jun 11 with 1132 viewsgrumpy

Just over a week to go on 11:41 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

Exactly,it’s a farce. Half the premier wouldn’t go bust.Perhaps paying those daft wages to players needs looking at.
Just over a week to go on 13:08 - Jun 11 with 1124 viewsSaintNick

Just over a week to go on 13:00 - Jun 11 by grumpy

Exactly,it’s a farce. Half the premier wouldn’t go bust.Perhaps paying those daft wages to players needs looking at.

If daft wages are being paid, then how can you say that clubs will not go bust, wages are only daft if they are not affordable

Just over a week to go on 13:08 - Jun 11 with 1119 viewssaint22

"exited" is about right
Pointless friendlies in an empty stadium
Just watch the sh1t storm when any possible club is relegated on GD alone and then cries that the integrity of the league was undermined and launches a legal challenge, you know that will happen. My money is on the 'Appy 'Ammers and their mob of owners
Just over a week to go on 13:39 - Jun 11 with 1105 viewsSaintNick

Just over a week to go on 13:08 - Jun 11 by saint22

"exited" is about right
Pointless friendlies in an empty stadium
Just watch the sh1t storm when any possible club is relegated on GD alone and then cries that the integrity of the league was undermined and launches a legal challenge, you know that will happen. My money is on the 'Appy 'Ammers and their mob of owners

They are not pointless though, to avoid legal challenges someone has to be relegated, hence they have had to agree the way the season finishes voted on by all the clubs democratically, so no one can launch a legal challenge as it has all been agreed within the rules.

Why do you think all the clubs complaining have gone quiet ? because they know the financial ramifications of not finishing the season whether that is after 30 games or 38.

West Ham do not want to go down, but they can survive that a lot better than they can having to pay back a lot of money to Sky.

Just over a week to go on 13:46 - Jun 11 with 1098 viewsTripleNiemi

Nope. In fact it might actually be a bit of a wake up call.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 13:49]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Just over a week to go on 13:49 - Jun 11 with 1093 viewsSaintsforeverj

I'm personally looking forward to seeing some live football. I would also prefer that relegation, promotion, titles are settled fair and square on the pitch. Then of course, next season, we can hopefully get back to normal with everything settled on the pitch.

With schools opening safely, shops opening safely, supermarkets open and the rest, I don't see any reason why football can't resume. It will save clubs a lot of money and prevent most legal disputes in future. If a club gets relegated like WHU fair and square on the pitch after the league has voted, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, disputing it.

Can't wait to see a Saints team under a manager who has just signed a 4 year deal too. Looking forward to it. Whole family getting our Saints shirts out ready to wear next Friday. Come on you Saints!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 13:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Just over a week to go on 13:55 - Jun 11 with 1077 viewsPatfromPoole

Just over a week to go on 12:58 - Jun 11 by SaintNick

1 . They would have see 2.

2. Sky & BT arent interested in half the prem, they are interested in a handful of clubs they can get to form a European super league

3. I don't want to sound facetious but football has always been played with people dying, whether it is football or opening Ikea things have to start to get back to normal, we cannot just wait till people have stopped dying, life has to go on through tough times, whether it is World War 2 or Covid 19 we have to just get on with things and not make it worse than it is. I am not being disrespectful here just pragmatic

4. I dont think football will lift the morale of the nation, but it will lift the boredom, if 2 million stay at home to watch football then they are not on the beach or other areas where social distancing has been totally breached.

5. Things can only be reopened etc when it is safe, it is safe to play Premier League football infront of an empty stadium in strict conditions, it is not safe to go to the supermarket let alone the beach, the reality is that you cannot totally lock down a nation and therefore you cannot totally stop people dying

I don’t want to sound like a spokesman for SKY or BT, but given that between them they show an awful lot of games from the Championship, Leagues 1 and 2, plus the Conference, I would say that they do a pretty decent job of catering for fans of any of the top 5 leagues in the country.

The sum that West Ham or any other individual club (could yet be Saints) would have to pay back SKY from not completing the season would be completely dwarved by what they would lose from relegation, even after accounting for parachute payments.

Just over a week to go on 14:42 - Jun 11 with 1052 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I'm in two minds.

I'm not excited at all, BUT, f**k it, it's something different on the TV for a change! (although I've only just discovered Ozark on Netflix which is awesome)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Just over a week to go on 14:54 - Jun 11 with 1043 viewsgrumpy

Just over a week to go on 13:08 - Jun 11 by SaintNick

If daft wages are being paid, then how can you say that clubs will not go bust, wages are only daft if they are not affordable

Clubs wont go bust because of tv money.
Players wages are ridiculous and are only affordable because of tv money.
Just over a week to go on 15:00 - Jun 11 with 1038 viewsSadoldgit

Just over a week to go on 14:42 - Jun 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I'm in two minds.

I'm not excited at all, BUT, f**k it, it's something different on the TV for a change! (although I've only just discovered Ozark on Netflix which is awesome)

I’m the same. Part of me feels that the season is over and that football is not really important in the grand scheme of things, another part of me wants to see a storming finish to the season.

What is Ozark about?
Just over a week to go on 15:58 - Jun 11 with 1000 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Just over a week to go on 15:00 - Jun 11 by Sadoldgit

I’m the same. Part of me feels that the season is over and that football is not really important in the grand scheme of things, another part of me wants to see a storming finish to the season.

What is Ozark about?

A boring guy, a boring family guy ... and money laundering! Jason Bateman stars and directs ... I won't give anything away but it's been awesome so far, we're up to series 1 episode 5 - 3 series to get through as well, so plenty of watching!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Just over a week to go on 16:21 - Jun 11 with 977 viewsJaySaint

Just over a week to go on 15:58 - Jun 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

A boring guy, a boring family guy ... and money laundering! Jason Bateman stars and directs ... I won't give anything away but it's been awesome so far, we're up to series 1 episode 5 - 3 series to get through as well, so plenty of watching!

it is very good. Season 2 is just as....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Just over a week to go on 16:36 - Jun 11 with 969 viewssolent_toffee

I might be had Everton been playing anyone but that shower. The build up and fallout from that game is going to be sickening.
Just over a week to go on 16:45 - Jun 11 with 959 viewssaint22

season 2 is a let down tho 3 picks it up again
Just over a week to go on 17:40 - Jun 11 with 936 viewsSadoldgit

We need something new to binge on so we will give it a try!
Just over a week to go on 18:21 - Jun 11 with 915 viewscynicalsaint

Just over a week to go on 13:39 - Jun 11 by SaintNick

They are not pointless though, to avoid legal challenges someone has to be relegated, hence they have had to agree the way the season finishes voted on by all the clubs democratically, so no one can launch a legal challenge as it has all been agreed within the rules.

Why do you think all the clubs complaining have gone quiet ? because they know the financial ramifications of not finishing the season whether that is after 30 games or 38.

West Ham do not want to go down, but they can survive that a lot better than they can having to pay back a lot of money to Sky.

Can't wait to see Liverpool field their U18's (you know, the ones that got spanked in the cups) as soon as the title is secured. My money is on a sudden spate of positive tests in the first team as soon as it's in the bag. Which will make a mockery of the whole thing.

They should have voided the whole thing and focussed on starting 20/21 in August instead.
Just over a week to go on 18:55 - Jun 11 with 892 views1576

Nope, lose every game and relegated hopefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024