Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The late Weds Match thread 13:21 - Oct 3 with 39910 viewsPinnerPaul

No match thread, 90' from kick off?

Another sign of the times I guess.

I'll go for 1-1 - maybe another Dykes penalty - why not?
The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 2048 viewsMatch82

We didnt look great today, but I'll take a different angle. Dieng didn't have a ton to do today. Actually resembling a competent defensive performance (some strange individual Barber stuff aside). I'll give credit and say some of them looking so poor was because we shut them down.

And kudos to Bonne. Nice goal and nice way to mark your debut
The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 2040 viewsnix

The late Weds Match thread on 17:11 - Oct 3 by rsonist

Both sides robbed a point from football.

Yes, that sums it up.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 2021 viewsQPR_John

The late Weds Match thread on 17:07 - Oct 3 by denhamhoop2

2 Bang Average teams both teams have a winger who looks dangerous with service BOS for us Harris for them. Bannon and Luongo vastly superior to our midfield but thought a draw was just about right

Is that the same Luongo many on here were happy we got rid
The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 2024 viewsPinnerPaul

8th IS insane though, until I think back to last season and we were playing a supposed 'good' team, who ended up looking anything but - happened loads of time at KPFS that's for sure.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:13 - Oct 3 with 2006 viewsDWQPR

Thought it was a fair result in the end. Not much between the sides and the rain really slowing up the pitch didn’t help as especially as Wednesday were playing a more direct style. Kakay again looked the part as did Deing. Suddenly we look so much more assured in defence. Dickie looks a great buy, Barbet needs to up his game. Thought BOS had a decent game but it was always going to be more difficult for him against Harris. Chair came much more into the game as it went on and Bonne does look the part. Could have had a goal beforehand as could have Cameron. I’m happy with that point.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The late Weds Match thread on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 1948 viewsLblock

The late Weds Match thread on 17:07 - Oct 3 by QPRSteve

Let's hope we can strengthen one the next few days.

You can strengthen our midfield by dropping Son of Warbs and putting any other player in there, maybe even me.
I know he’ll not improve carrying me around the pitch on his back but just what the fcuk does he do? I simply don’t see it and I know I am unfairly watching him closer than anyone else but it’s in the hope I can either be educated or he prove me wrong

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The late Weds Match thread on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 1936 viewslarsricchi

The late Weds Match thread on 17:08 - Oct 3 by nix

I'm sure you're right Brian. I guess I was thinking how bad we were. But they were poor to be fair.

As someone following solely through this thread, I felt inclined to agree with Nix, if only because we sounded quite poor in midfield and attack and I wasn't convinced by the tactics. But I can concede that Weds weren't exactly covering themselves in glory either.

Brian, thank you for the running commentary!
The late Weds Match thread on 17:16 - Oct 3 with 1912 viewsDieByYourSide

You f*ckin' beaut, Macauley.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

The late Weds Match thread on 17:17 - Oct 3 with 1899 viewsbosh67

Bonne voyage in. the end!

Commenting back on Luongo. He was a good player for us after a rather dodgy first season. We didn't get rid because he wasn't decent. We just couldn't afford his wages, like so many others.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The late Weds Match thread on 17:19 - Oct 3 with 1829 viewsstevec

Keeps Wednesday 12 points behind, Wycombe are Wycombe, so we only need one other poor side and we’re fine.

Hard to see this team outperforming last seasons. Need Bonne and Dickie to shine or we’ll have problems.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 1776 viewsAntti_Heinola

The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 by Match82

We didnt look great today, but I'll take a different angle. Dieng didn't have a ton to do today. Actually resembling a competent defensive performance (some strange individual Barber stuff aside). I'll give credit and say some of them looking so poor was because we shut them down.

And kudos to Bonne. Nice goal and nice way to mark your debut

Good thought. One huge positive: no goals conceded from set pieces.

Very, very early days, but I've been impressed with Dieng.

Bare bones.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:25 - Oct 3 with 1716 viewsJuzzie

Tres Bon!

Bon voyage Wednesday

.... coat.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:25 - Oct 3 with 1710 viewseghamranger

Great point and nice to have 2 young decent looking strikers playing up front..
The late Weds Match thread on 17:25 - Oct 3 with 1709 viewsAntti_Heinola

The late Weds Match thread on 17:10 - Oct 3 by DylanP

Awful game. Most of the team played terrible.

Dieng wasn't one of them. He looks like a good goalie, maybe great (too soon to know). None of the goals have been h fault and he has pulled off a few great saves. Protects his area well and is decisive coming out for crosses, etc.

Kakay also isn't one. He looks brave in defense and very positive going forward.

Maybe Bonne is the missing piece at the front. He scored a good goal, was quiet but useful for most of the game. But it was his debut and he scored on it, so get in there lad!

Come on Warbs, sort it out!

I listened to the paddy kenny podcast this week, and remembered how often he'd bail us out with stunning saves. He had the ability to save shots that you thought were goals and while I'm not half as down on Lumley as most people, a couple of wolrdies apart, he rarely did that. I was listening to it and thinking, 'Paddy would never have let in that first header v Cov, and may have even got out to save the second.'
Dieng, however, has already pulled off a couple of great saves - one from a very firm volley today for example. Tentatively, I'm quite excited by him.

Bare bones.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 1684 viewsvegasranger

I'm not sure why Dykes is getting away with so little criticism? Offered very little today. Maybe start Bonne? Our weakest link surely is left back. Wednesday seemed to allow Wallace to have the ball knowing that nothing would come from it.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:28 - Oct 3 with 1667 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The late Weds Match thread on 17:25 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

I listened to the paddy kenny podcast this week, and remembered how often he'd bail us out with stunning saves. He had the ability to save shots that you thought were goals and while I'm not half as down on Lumley as most people, a couple of wolrdies apart, he rarely did that. I was listening to it and thinking, 'Paddy would never have let in that first header v Cov, and may have even got out to save the second.'
Dieng, however, has already pulled off a couple of great saves - one from a very firm volley today for example. Tentatively, I'm quite excited by him.

I thought the volley today was very close to him. I think that any of our goalies would have got that. And I'm still not sure about his work on last week's goal though it was so well placed I'm not sure he'd have got to it either way.

What impresses me most about him is his decision-making on crosses - decisive and commanding.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The late Weds Match thread on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 1656 viewshook_hoops

The late Weds Match thread on 17:19 - Oct 3 by stevec

Keeps Wednesday 12 points behind, Wycombe are Wycombe, so we only need one other poor side and we’re fine.

Hard to see this team outperforming last seasons. Need Bonne and Dickie to shine or we’ll have problems.

What's all this negativity about. Do you seriously think we're in a relegation battle for Christ's sake. We're a decent side in what is a weak division this season. I'm all for managing expectations but some of the posts on this thread are a joke! Cheer up!
The late Weds Match thread on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 1651 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The late Weds Match thread on 17:27 - Oct 3 by vegasranger

I'm not sure why Dykes is getting away with so little criticism? Offered very little today. Maybe start Bonne? Our weakest link surely is left back. Wednesday seemed to allow Wallace to have the ball knowing that nothing would come from it.

I thought Dykes's hold-up play was solid today, maybe some of his flicks didn't come off but many did. He's a very good outlet at the moment.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 1644 viewsrsonist

Whatever Bonne's ceiling may or not be that game was a thorough explanation of why we sorely needed him, even before the very well taken goal.

A callow, insipid, and shiftlessly managed showing otherwise.

Thought Ball was an improvement when he came on and whatever the thinking behind his not starting, enough is enough. He's not as politely controlled as the others, he may lose possession more often, but his energy changes the side. And the two times he and Cameron drove into the box in support were probably our best moments - something for the management to look hard at there.

Would hope it more than wishful thinking to imagine Bettache might force himself onto the team sheet by the end of the season, on this evidence.

You'd wonder if a switch back to 3-5-2 and trying Hamalainen wouldn't help - if we didn't have a winger (possibly two) lined up imminently. Feel like the endless preseason will only continue while we figure out adding those in.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 1587 viewsrsonist

The late Weds Match thread on 17:15 - Oct 3 by Lblock

You can strengthen our midfield by dropping Son of Warbs and putting any other player in there, maybe even me.
I know he’ll not improve carrying me around the pitch on his back but just what the fcuk does he do? I simply don’t see it and I know I am unfairly watching him closer than anyone else but it’s in the hope I can either be educated or he prove me wrong

No excuses for him today, he lived down to every caricature.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 1583 viewsWatford_Ranger

The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 by QPR_John

Is that the same Luongo many on here were happy we got rid

No, different Luongo.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 1583 viewsqprd

The late Weds Match thread on 17:27 - Oct 3 by vegasranger

absolutely agree with both points

dykes is offering very little other than decent back to the goal game and work rate... but hes not really shown any capacity to link up or create in the box, and he hasnt really been involved in any chances... im concerned by how few chances hes getting....

wallace point is also a very astute one, too.... hes absolutely murdering us on the left going forward... and hes also destroying everyone else playing along that side... chair and carroll are particularly being adversely affected....
The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 1572 viewsBoston

My Bonne lies over the ocean, my Bonne lies over the sea...so bring back my Bonne to me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:35 - Oct 3 with 1555 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 by qprd

absolutely agree with both points

dykes is offering very little other than decent back to the goal game and work rate... but hes not really shown any capacity to link up or create in the box, and he hasnt really been involved in any chances... im concerned by how few chances hes getting....

wallace point is also a very astute one, too.... hes absolutely murdering us on the left going forward... and hes also destroying everyone else playing along that side... chair and carroll are particularly being adversely affected....

I thought that Wallace was excellent in attack in the opening game. So he can do it.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 2103 viewsrsonist

The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 by Watford_Ranger

No, different Luongo.

Luongo being midfield strongman against us is proper tallest midget stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024