Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The late Weds Match thread 13:21 - Oct 3 with 38741 viewsPinnerPaul

No match thread, 90' from kick off?

Another sign of the times I guess.

I'll go for 1-1 - maybe another Dykes penalty - why not?
The late Weds Match thread on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 2063 viewsMrSheen

The late Weds Match thread on 17:25 - Oct 3 by Juzzie

Tres Bon!

Bon voyage Wednesday

.... coat.

You have to admire his Bonne Appetit, but a bit of Bonne Chance always comes in handy.
The late Weds Match thread on 17:39 - Oct 3 with 2012 viewsBoston

The late Weds Match thread on 17:27 - Oct 3 by vegasranger

I'm not sure why Dykes is getting away with so little criticism? Offered very little today. Maybe start Bonne? Our weakest link surely is left back. Wednesday seemed to allow Wallace to have the ball knowing that nothing would come from it.

Think Bonne and Dykes could work well together when they get to know each other.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:40 - Oct 3 with 2021 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 by rsonist

No excuses for him today, he lived down to every caricature.

I don't agree, sorry.

I think he doesn't help himself sometimes by being casual - once criminally so in shadowing a player and not committing. But he was far from poor today, he was just average - won some duels and lost some, some nice touches, some bad ones, some nice tackles, some non-tackles. Average.

He was far better than Cameron and also better than Carroll. But he's attracting the most grief. I'm undecided, but I'm not sure that it's warranted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The late Weds Match thread on 17:46 - Oct 3 with 1938 viewsrsonist

The late Weds Match thread on 17:40 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't agree, sorry.

I think he doesn't help himself sometimes by being casual - once criminally so in shadowing a player and not committing. But he was far from poor today, he was just average - won some duels and lost some, some nice touches, some bad ones, some nice tackles, some non-tackles. Average.

He was far better than Cameron and also better than Carroll. But he's attracting the most grief. I'm undecided, but I'm not sure that it's warranted.

They certainly were all poor, but if you look at skill-set and capability which of the three is cheating themselves?
The late Weds Match thread on 17:47 - Oct 3 with 1917 viewsMedwayR

The late Weds Match thread on 17:40 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't agree, sorry.

I thought Carroll was far better than Amos today. Amos ambled around, didn't track his man for their goal and never drove forward only ever going back. He never makes an impact on the game, he literally just fills a spot on the team which would be far better used by Ball. I think Ball and Carroll would be my preferred CM.

I think we're missing Manning on the left, with him one side and BOS on the other we'd see a lot more from Dykes who is often isolated at the moment. Manning-Chair-BOS behind Dykes.

Poll: Who’s better?

The late Weds Match thread on 17:50 - Oct 3 with 1889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The late Weds Match thread on 17:46 - Oct 3 by rsonist

They certainly were all poor, but if you look at skill-set and capability which of the three is cheating themselves?

Well, as I say, I don't think he was poor. He was just average. He could have been better, yes, but overall he was ok and I think he'll get better. I'd like to see more urgency from him, though.

The late Weds Match thread on 17:53 - Oct 3 with 1859 viewsqprd

The late Weds Match thread on 17:50 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, as I say, I don't think he was poor. He was just average. He could have been better, yes, but overall he was ok and I think he'll get better. I'd like to see more urgency from him, though.

amos copping way too much stick, brian. couldnt agree more
The late Weds Match thread on 18:06 - Oct 3 with 1737 viewsted_hendrix

Bournemouth in a fortnights time will test us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

The late Weds Match thread on 18:12 - Oct 3 with 1684 viewsRog

Amos, like several others was only average not poor, but there were a couple of times Nick L who very regularly gets the player name wrong said "great pass by Cameron" when it was clearly Amos who played it so maybe deserves a bit more credit than some think.
The late Weds Match thread on 18:24 - Oct 3 with 1606 viewsqprxtc

Only just found out we didn’t lose. I’ve been pissed off for an hour and half for no good reason.

But Hooray anyway!
The late Weds Match thread on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 1581 viewsWatford_Ranger

The late Weds Match thread on 18:12 - Oct 3 by Rog

Amos, like several others was only average not poor, but there were a couple of times Nick L who very regularly gets the player name wrong said "great pass by Cameron" when it was clearly Amos who played it so maybe deserves a bit more credit than some think.

He got Kadeem Harris and Adam Reach confused at one point. Must not be a great view.
The late Weds Match thread on 18:37 - Oct 3 with 1514 viewsrsonist

The late Weds Match thread on 17:50 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Average is worse for Amos than the rest. That's not to pick on him, it's to expect him to strive to meet his potential.
The late Weds Match thread on 18:44 - Oct 3 with 1468 viewsBlackCrowe

Thank fck for that, at least i can now have a bonne nuit.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The late Weds Match thread on 18:46 - Oct 3 with 1460 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The late Weds Match thread on 18:37 - Oct 3 by rsonist

Average is worse for Amos than the rest. That's not to pick on him, it's to expect him to strive to meet his potential.

I agree that there's another gear there.

The late Weds Match thread on 18:48 - Oct 3 with 1447 viewsVancouverHoop

The late Weds Match thread on 18:06 - Oct 3 by ted_hendrix

Bournemouth in a fortnights time will test us.

Too true. They manhandled Coventry last night, heaven knows what they might do to us.
The late Weds Match thread on 18:59 - Oct 3 with 1380 viewsQPR_John

The late Weds Match thread on 17:33 - Oct 3 by Watford_Ranger

No, different Luongo.

What happened to the player that left us to join Wednesday then
The late Weds Match thread on 19:19 - Oct 3 with 1315 viewsjohncharles

The late Weds Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 3 by nix

Yes, that sums it up.

It’s being so cheerful that keeps me going

Strong and stable my arse.

The late Weds Match thread on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 1220 viewsEalingHoop81

I think one of the issues today was certainly Wallace and the left in general. When you look at the line up there is no width on the left unless Chair drops in and Amos goes to 10. That doesn’t work from an attacking sense. We had BoS doing pretty well on the right but they could double up knowing we weren’t really utilising the space on the other side. I think we miss Manning in that position because he really overlaps and gives us so many attaching options. Wallace has not played much football in 3 years so may well improve with games but his pace is a problem getting up and back. He turns inside and back regularly which slows it all down. On the other hand his defensive positioning is far better than Manning’s and he adds height which was exposed regularly last year.

The other issue is that in addition to Eze’s brilliance he also barely ever lost the ball. Not only did he create but he recycled, look at the 10 role so far and we are giving up possession far more than last year which is reducing the number of chances we’re creating.

Dykes is not getting very much service and is doing his best with the back to goal but he’s feeding in scraps.

When Thomas is back and with potentially Green and Adomah coming in as options we’ll have more balance to the attack.

Overall today we didn’t deserve to lose and a point was about right. Other than their goal which was well worked they did virtually nothing all game. We did’t do much more but had the better of the first half and should have done better with the Dickie header and Amos volley etc in the second half - anything on target would likely have been goals.

We’re still finding our feet with a new strike force and I’m pretty encouraged so far. 5 points, could easily have been a couple more. Dickie is doing pretty well at CB, so too Kakay at RB, Dieng started well in goal, goal for Bonne on his debut.....not sure why we have so much negativity on here.
The late Weds Match thread on 19:49 - Oct 3 with 1198 viewsHunterhoop

The late Weds Match thread on 19:46 - Oct 3 by EalingHoop81

I think one of the issues today was certainly Wallace and the left in general. When you look at the line up there is no width on the left unless Chair drops in and Amos goes to 10. That doesn’t work from an attacking sense. We had BoS doing pretty well on the right but they could double up knowing we weren’t really utilising the space on the other side. I think we miss Manning in that position because he really overlaps and gives us so many attaching options. Wallace has not played much football in 3 years so may well improve with games but his pace is a problem getting up and back. He turns inside and back regularly which slows it all down. On the other hand his defensive positioning is far better than Manning’s and he adds height which was exposed regularly last year.

The other issue is that in addition to Eze’s brilliance he also barely ever lost the ball. Not only did he create but he recycled, look at the 10 role so far and we are giving up possession far more than last year which is reducing the number of chances we’re creating.

Dykes is not getting very much service and is doing his best with the back to goal but he’s feeding in scraps.

When Thomas is back and with potentially Green and Adomah coming in as options we’ll have more balance to the attack.

Overall today we didn’t deserve to lose and a point was about right. Other than their goal which was well worked they did virtually nothing all game. We did’t do much more but had the better of the first half and should have done better with the Dickie header and Amos volley etc in the second half - anything on target would likely have been goals.

We’re still finding our feet with a new strike force and I’m pretty encouraged so far. 5 points, could easily have been a couple more. Dickie is doing pretty well at CB, so too Kakay at RB, Dieng started well in goal, goal for Bonne on his debut.....not sure why we have so much negativity on here.

Good post.

I still think central midfield and no. 10 is the biggest issue.
The late Weds Match thread on 19:51 - Oct 3 with 1178 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warbler on the BBC

"I thought we looked a very good side"

He is having a fecking bubble.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The late Weds Match thread on 19:51 - Oct 3 with 1180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

very balanced review.

The only point I would add is that Wallace looked excellent going forward only three games ago. He looks like he's under instructions to stay at home since, which would be an understandable tactical choice - shut up shop for a few games.

The late Weds Match thread (n/t) on 19:54 - Oct 3 with 1167 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Was thinking the same about Manning. Would add another dimension to the side theoretically.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 20:00]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The late Weds Match thread on 19:55 - Oct 3 with 1162 viewsBoston

The late Weds Match thread on 18:24 - Oct 3 by qprxtc

Only just found out we didn’t lose. I’ve been pissed off for an hour and half for no good reason.

But Hooray anyway!

Teach you not to leave early.

The late Weds Match thread on 19:57 - Oct 3 with 1149 viewsBoston

The late Weds Match thread on 18:59 - Oct 3 by QPR_John

What happened to the player that left us to join Wednesday then

😂

The late Weds Match thread on 20:01 - Oct 3 with 1711 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The late Weds Match thread on 19:55 - Oct 3 by Boston

Teach you not to leave early.

To be fair during the 5 minutes of extra time before we scored most of the posters including me threw in the towel because a goal never looked like coming .I bet the SW players must have been sick thinking they had finished us off and were getting ready to celebrate .I guess you do have to play until the final whistle so fair play to QPR they never quit
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024