Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott 09:16 - Oct 5 with 8061 viewssolent_toffee

On his way to Saints according to the Liverpool Echo.
Walcott on 14:55 - Oct 5 with 1526 viewsJaySaint

Walcott on 14:46 - Oct 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't get the negativity.

He's a loan, he's inexpensive, he'll be a great back up option (Redmond, Djenepo and Armstrong aren't going to be 100% fit all season), players like Tella and Smallbone are not as good and crucially, we've been asking for some experience to help the younger players and he has it - at the best level.

He's not going to be a first 11 player unless injuries or fixture congestion and as I said with his experience he's ideal.

If he DOES become a first 11 player, it'll be because he's setting the game on fire, so best of both worlds.

Peace out.

I am looking forward to it. Theo is coming home.
We do lack pace up top at times and he will add some injection....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Walcott on 14:56 - Oct 5 with 1522 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 14:41 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

Lots of pant creaming on social media about one of our own and coming home etc.

He was a full time player here for only 6 months and he came from Newbury so hardly Millbrook.

I don't blame him for taking the first chance he got for the money, but it was not a move for footballing reasons, he didn't grow naturally it was 7 seasons before he had a season playing over 30 Premier League games at Arsenal.

He has got into double figures in terms of goals only twice in his career, people slag off Redmond for not scoring enough, but Walcott's record is worse and he has had the luxury of playing in a team that dominates and wins a lot more games than we do

This is very negative Nick. Get behind the club. If Ralph wants him, let's see if it works.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:57]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Walcott on 15:06 - Oct 5 with 1502 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Walcott on 14:55 - Oct 5 by JaySaint

That's the one thing I don't want to see though ... "coming home", he's not even from Hampshire, as Nick said ;)

The media dept are going to be full on "coming home" though aren't they. Oh well, if it sells some more shirts or merchandise to kids and gets income, can't complain.

Foam hand me up.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Walcott on 15:10 - Oct 5 with 1495 viewssaint22

Walcott on 14:55 - Oct 5 by JaySaint

his pace is gone
it makes no sense to me this at all
Walcott on 15:19 - Oct 5 with 1472 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 15:10 - Oct 5 by saint22

his pace is gone
it makes no sense to me this at all

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/1313118108152991745?ref_src=twsr

Being negative about a player on loan, who we don't have to commit to if it goes wrong, who could get back to his best, is the thing that makes no sense to me or Adam Blackmore. He is free, on loan, we don't have to keep him but there is the chance that this former England International might return to his best. What is the problem?

I could understand the possible worry if we were buying him for 20 million. If it doesn't work out fine, he is only on loan. Seriously what is the problem?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:22]

Walcott on 15:24 - Oct 5 with 1455 viewssaint22

Walcott on 15:19 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/1313118108152991745?ref_src=twsr

Being negative about a player on loan, who we don't have to commit to if it goes wrong, who could get back to his best, is the thing that makes no sense to me or Adam Blackmore. He is free, on loan, we don't have to keep him but there is the chance that this former England International might return to his best. What is the problem?

I could understand the possible worry if we were buying him for 20 million. If it doesn't work out fine, he is only on loan. Seriously what is the problem?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:22]

its not sign of progression though is it
now this chap would be

It looks very much like Brazilian winger Raphinha is going to be joining Leeds from Rennes for around £17m this deadline day.

He is primarily a right-sided player, one with plenty of ability and an eye for goal. He loves a dribble. It is likely that he'll provide competition for Helder Costa.
Walcott on 15:29 - Oct 5 with 1451 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 15:24 - Oct 5 by saint22

now this chap would be

It looks very much like Brazilian winger Raphinha is going to be joining Leeds from Rennes for around £17m this deadline day.

He is primarily a right-sided player, one with plenty of ability and an eye for goal. He loves a dribble. It is likely that he'll provide competition for Helder Costa.

We won't ever spend much money with Gao as owner. That is a different matter. I'm saying that within the restraints we have, Theo could be a good addition. If it doesn't work nothing lost, as he is only on loan.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:30]

Walcott on 15:29 - Oct 5 with 1446 viewsSadoldgit

Personally I am not negative about the signing, but I am not excited either. After all of the names being thrown about, this seems to be a bit of a damp squib.
Login to get fewer ads

Walcott on 15:33 - Oct 5 with 1440 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 15:29 - Oct 5 by Sadoldgit

Personally I am not negative about the signing, but I am not excited either. After all of the names being thrown about, this seems to be a bit of a damp squib.

Disagree. It's a player who we know has it in him. The talent is there somewhere. Bit like it was there, in Ings. Just needs regular football. Rather that than buying another Boufal for 16 million or a Carillo for 18 million or some player who we hope might get good in 5 years time, I'm more than happy to get a loan player that will have to earn a contract with goals. And at least we have heard of him!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:38]

Walcott on 15:33 - Oct 5 with 1441 viewssaint22

Walcott on 15:29 - Oct 5 by Sadoldgit

its akin to Lallana to Brighton, a case of meh
Walcott on 15:42 - Oct 5 with 1407 viewsScoot

Thought we already had a mascot? I like Walcott but he should be at Fulham or Watford not here. I understand from his point of view but not ours. Its just a wage that we won't get value out of. I hope I'm wrong because I like the lad and always wanted him to do well.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Walcott on 15:43 - Oct 5 with 1401 viewsBicester_North

Walcott on 15:33 - Oct 5 by saint22

its akin to Lallana to Brighton, a case of meh

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Walcott on 15:44 - Oct 5 with 1402 viewsThermosNBlanket

Walcott on 15:24 - Oct 5 by saint22

now this chap would be

How many times have you seen him play?
What would bring attribute wise?
Quick look it up you probably never heard of him before today!!

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Walcott on 15:58 - Oct 5 with 1358 viewsNYC_Saint

Arsenal fans always criticized that he only showed up for six the months before contract negotiations. Given he's a free agent at the end of the year, this is his shop window in which he'll be looking for a retirement two year deal somewhere - likely at a newly promoted team hoping for experience and leadership... Hopefully we'll get the benefit of those performances and don't get hoodwinked into locking him in and being his pension
Walcott on 16:00 - Oct 5 with 1353 viewsSoton

Walcott on 15:33 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

Disagree. It's a player who we know has it in him. The talent is there somewhere. Bit like it was there, in Ings. Just needs regular football. Rather that than buying another Boufal for 16 million or a Carillo for 18 million or some player who we hope might get good in 5 years time, I'm more than happy to get a loan player that will have to earn a contract with goals. And at least we have heard of him!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:38]

Walcott is nothing like Ings! Ings was in a excellent Liverpool side who had bought some world class players who jumped way ahead of Ings while he was injured, When we got Ings he was and is a much better all round striker who was starting to look like injuries could hamper the rest of his career, Saints took a small gamble on being able to keep him fit.
Walcott was never a great player but a great fast runner that had reasonable footballing ability, Walcott now at his age has no where near the pace that made him his name in the game.
Walcott on 16:02 - Oct 5 with 1345 viewsBerber

Walcott on 12:58 - Oct 5 by dirk_doone

Really? Or were you referring to Walcott because Niane looks quite a prospect. I'd expect him to go on to great things:

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 13:08]

Sorry, I meant Walcot. Definitely NOT a goalscorer.
Walcott on 16:09 - Oct 5 with 1326 viewsBerber

Walcott on 14:46 - Oct 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't get the negativity.

He's a loan, he's inexpensive, he'll be a great back up option (Redmond, Djenepo and Armstrong aren't going to be 100% fit all season), players like Tella and Smallbone are not as good and crucially, we've been asking for some experience to help the younger players and he has it - at the best level.

He's not going to be a first 11 player unless injuries or fixture congestion and as I said with his experience he's ideal.

If he DOES become a first 11 player, it'll be because he's setting the game on fire, so best of both worlds.

Peace out.

It is reported that to date, he is Everton's highest paid player, so even at 50% that is still a whacking great chunk out of our budget. There is nothing to suggest he has helped younger players. He was always like a thoroughbred horse, perfect if he was fit, and teams knew how to use him. he is hardly a sprinter any more, and done nothing to suggest wily midfield skills, and lamentable goalscoring the past couple of seasons off a low return. This one has me completely confused, and apart from a fans welcome, which is looking unlikely in the near future, don't see the point. But I can still hope to be proved completely wrong.
Walcott on 16:12 - Oct 5 with 1311 viewsJaySaint

Walcott on 16:09 - Oct 5 by Berber

It is reported that to date, he is Everton's highest paid player, so even at 50% that is still a whacking great chunk out of our budget. There is nothing to suggest he has helped younger players. He was always like a thoroughbred horse, perfect if he was fit, and teams knew how to use him. he is hardly a sprinter any more, and done nothing to suggest wily midfield skills, and lamentable goalscoring the past couple of seasons off a low return. This one has me completely confused, and apart from a fans welcome, which is looking unlikely in the near future, don't see the point. But I can still hope to be proved completely wrong.

He is better than smallbone

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Walcott on 16:13 - Oct 5 with 1310 viewsChesham_Saint

Walcott on 16:00 - Oct 5 by Soton

Walcott is nothing like Ings! Ings was in a excellent Liverpool side who had bought some world class players who jumped way ahead of Ings while he was injured, When we got Ings he was and is a much better all round striker who was starting to look like injuries could hamper the rest of his career, Saints took a small gamble on being able to keep him fit.
Walcott was never a great player but a great fast runner that had reasonable footballing ability, Walcott now at his age has no where near the pace that made him his name in the game.

If you look back To the end of Ings’ loan Period with us there were plenty questioning the value of his signing and thought it a huge gamble. I agree with you though, it was a sensible risk in the scale of things....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Walcott on 16:15 - Oct 5 with 1300 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 16:00 - Oct 5 by Soton

Well, I think being as it is only a loan deal, we might as well support the signing and hope he gets his pace back. Who knows, he might turn good. If you and others want to slag him off and the club, when we don't even have to commit, fine. But I don't see the point.

He can't be much worse than Boufal, Carillo, Elyanoussi need I go on? Nobody questioned those signings and they cost millions. Theo is on loan, we can get rid if he is useless but you and others carry on saying he is rubbish and it won't work out if you want to. Hopefully Ralph isn't reading some of these comments, because he will find people slagging off his signing before even kicking a ball.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 16:22]

Walcott on 16:21 - Oct 5 with 1285 viewsareasix

I can’t believe the negativity he is costing us 50% of his wages as Everton are picking up the other half , his wife’s family is local so he does have close links and Newbury is not that far up the road where his family come from.

He is still fast , can fit into the centre forward position if needed as I can’t believe Ings will make the whole season Without a rest or some sort of injury. No signing on fee so it’s a very low risk addition.

Ralph likes pace and he fits into that box.

You all talk about buying x y z For millions but you have to realise we not have much cash !
Walcott on 16:23 - Oct 5 with 1274 viewsBerber

Walcott on 16:12 - Oct 5 by JaySaint

He is better than smallbone

That could well be, but way, way more expensive on wages, even with the discount. Also, I cannot see him displacing Redmond or Armstrong, and probably not Djeneppo. So he's competing with Smallbone, and maybe Diallo if RH wants to try him in a more advanced role with Romeu covering defensive MF. If the De Yedlin rumour is true, I'd rather see KWP playing further forward.

Walcott is a very speculative punt that may work for a few games probably. But if RH wants him, I'm prepeared to wait and see before making any judgement.
Walcott on 16:23 - Oct 5 with 1274 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 16:21 - Oct 5 by areasix

I can’t believe the negativity he is costing us 50% of his wages as Everton are picking up the other half , his wife’s family is local so he does have close links and Newbury is not that far up the road where his family come from.

He is still fast , can fit into the centre forward position if needed as I can’t believe Ings will make the whole season Without a rest or some sort of injury. No signing on fee so it’s a very low risk addition.

Ralph likes pace and he fits into that box.

You all talk about buying x y z For millions but you have to realise we not have much cash !

Anyone would think we were buying Harry Redknapp for 20 million. Why all the hostility?!!!

Walcott on 16:35 - Oct 5 with 1250 viewsBerber

Walcott on 16:23 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

Anyone would think we were buying Harry Redknapp for 20 million. Why all the hostility?!!!

For me, I'd like to see the money spent on something that would likely move us forward. I don't see Walcott doing that. I'll grant that he has plenty of experience, but that only counts if it can be put to good use. Everton fans don't believe it has been, nor the Arsenal fans before that.
Walcott on 16:44 - Oct 5 with 1223 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 16:35 - Oct 5 by Berber

For me, I'd like to see the money spent on something that would likely move us forward. I don't see Walcott doing that. I'll grant that he has plenty of experience, but that only counts if it can be put to good use. Everton fans don't believe it has been, nor the Arsenal fans before that.

So if we pay him 200k a month, (50 k a week) that amounts to about 1. 5 million pounds. Who could we get for 1.5 million pounds that is better?

You would rather not have him at all, then pay 1.5 million to give him a chance. Paying 30 million for a Rodriguez or whoever is out of the question with Gao. Fancy another 18 million on Boufal, Elyanoussi, Heout, Djenepo, Carillo, rather than give a player costing 1.5 million a chance?

The negativity doesn't make sense to me. Theo is costing us peanuts in today's market. And for that who knows, it might work.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 16:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024