Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals 18:28 - Oct 15 with 14103 viewsPoirot

If 'parents' cant afford to feed their kids they shouldnt have them in the first place.

Where's daddy ? bookies, pub or banged up again ?

Its child neglect if you cant feed your kids, so turn off netflix, sky sports, buying endless tattooes and actually get a job. I do some work at schools and see teachers feeding pupils their breakfast because parents havent. Total disgrace

Mornington crescent
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 20:54]
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 12:30 - Oct 22 with 857 viewsdwayne_dibley

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 07:28 - Oct 22 by kernow

Is that what you play when you take your occasional bath?

stalking is socially unacceptable these days

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 12:48 - Oct 22 with 844 viewsgeezershoong1

The Tories have a massive majority in the Commons.

Whose fault is that?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:05 - Oct 22 with 814 viewsBison

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 12:21 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

The seeds of WW2 were very much down in the Treaty of Versailles at the end of WW1 and all kinds of crazy sh it went on between 1918 and 1939 and we nearly had WW3 following on from 1945 with further conflict between East and West. If nothing else the EU should be recognised for helping to bring peace to Europe (mainly) for the last 70 odd years.

Good point yes the seeds of WWII were sown by the allies trying to screw the Germans with the treaty of Versailles , 102 years later the Europeans are at it again and before you go into its their club blah blah I know that, but I want what's best for us not them . Is funny though the losers of WWII are now the most powerful nations economically i.e. The Germans and the Japanese that's because for the last 70 years they have not had to defend themselves whilst we pay for their protection ( and also to stop them kicking off again ) .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:15 - Oct 22 with 809 viewsgrumpy

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:05 - Oct 22 by Bison

Good point yes the seeds of WWII were sown by the allies trying to screw the Germans with the treaty of Versailles , 102 years later the Europeans are at it again and before you go into its their club blah blah I know that, but I want what's best for us not them . Is funny though the losers of WWII are now the most powerful nations economically i.e. The Germans and the Japanese that's because for the last 70 years they have not had to defend themselves whilst we pay for their protection ( and also to stop them kicking off again ) .

What absolute rubbish.
How have Germany and Japan been protected for the last 70 years?
If you want what's best for us then you should want us to be part of the EU and if not at least with a deal.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:48 - Oct 22 with 797 viewsBazza

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:15 - Oct 22 by grumpy

What absolute rubbish.
If you want what's best for us then you should want us to be part of the EU and if not at least with a deal.

Germany doesn’t need to be protected. They have been the dominant force in the Common Market and EU. Together with their subservient French ally; they set the rules notably when euro was established with favourable rates set to the Deutschmark and Franc to the disadvantage of the Southern Europeans The Uk consistently lost votes to the German/French coalition with financially weak other countries finding it hard to vote against their paymasters.
No way could EU membership be good for any separate UK initiatives.
Dunno where this is to do with feckless parents not feeding their kids!
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:51 - Oct 22 with 796 views1885_SFC

What absolute rubbish.

Given the paltry military budgets of every European country bar the UK & France - I wouldn't worry too much about 'Johnny Foreigner' kicking off if you're not feeling very safe.

They're going to have to 'up' their spending however for the new 'Euro Army' that's on the horizon!

Old School is Cool

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:56 - Oct 22 with 792 viewsBison

What absolute rubbish.

I'm afraid that's where we differ , I , like most of my compatriots , think we will be much better off outside of the EU. I do not consider myself European so do not want to be subjugated to them.

I really don't get why so many are in love with the unelected mob in Brussels , or is it Strasbourg this week ? I bet we won't be the last to leave the 'Union' , all empires crumble eventually.

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 784 viewsgrumpy

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 14:56 - Oct 22 by Bison

I'm afraid that's where we differ , I , like most of my compatriots , think we will be much better off outside of the EU. I do not consider myself European so do not want to be subjugated to them.

I really don't get why so many are in love with the unelected mob in Brussels , or is it Strasbourg this week ? I bet we won't be the last to leave the 'Union' , all empires crumble eventually.

'all empires crumble eventually'
You're right there and Unions.
Login to get fewer ads

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 15:26 - Oct 22 with 780 viewsDorsetIan

Far more likely that Brexit will cause the 'United' Kingdom to 'crumble' before the EU does.

What people (in so many European countries) are 'in love' with is access to the largest free market in the world.

I know Brexiteers believe that the UK is so special that the simple rules of ecomonics don't apply to us, but we will find out soon enough whether that is true - especially if there is no deal.

As I understand it the current position agreed position is:

We are leaving the EU and its institutions
We will not be bound by free movement rules
We will be able to make independent trade agreements with other nations
We will not be under the jurisdiction of the European Court

Forgive me, but was there anything else that the Brexit nutjobs said they wanted??

And yet it is still not reasonable for us to do a deal. Whatever we are still holding out for, it cannot be worth losing tarif free access to the single market.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 15:41 - Oct 22 with 777 viewsSadoldgit

There is no right or wrong in this matter Bison. As you say, it is all a matter of opinion. But I would dispute the use of the word “empire”. No one has been defeated and forced to join, hence the word “union”. There are also plenty of countries lining up to join so that tells you something. As for what we are, well we all crawled out of holes in Africa and Asia didn’t we? Not so long ago we were joined to Europe by land so that does make us European. You can be British and European at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive. I was touched by Macon’s speech last night given in front of the EU flag which was standing together with the Tricolour. That it was it is all about for me. Countries of separate identities coming together for the common good.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 15:56 - Oct 22 with 772 viewsBison

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 15:26 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

Far more likely that Brexit will cause the 'United' Kingdom to 'crumble' before the EU does.

What people (in so many European countries) are 'in love' with is access to the largest free market in the world.

I know Brexiteers believe that the UK is so special that the simple rules of ecomonics don't apply to us, but we will find out soon enough whether that is true - especially if there is no deal.

As I understand it the current position agreed position is:

We are leaving the EU and its institutions
We will not be bound by free movement rules
We will be able to make independent trade agreements with other nations
We will not be under the jurisdiction of the European Court

Forgive me, but was there anything else that the Brexit nutjobs said they wanted??

And yet it is still not reasonable for us to do a deal. Whatever we are still holding out for, it cannot be worth losing tarif free access to the single market.

What about duty free shops at the airports ?

This will all be pointless unless we get that back.

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 16:03 - Oct 22 with 770 viewsBazza

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 15:41 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

There is no right or wrong in this matter Bison. As you say, it is all a matter of opinion. But I would dispute the use of the word “empire”. No one has been defeated and forced to join, hence the word “union”. There are also plenty of countries lining up to join so that tells you something. As for what we are, well we all crawled out of holes in Africa and Asia didn’t we? Not so long ago we were joined to Europe by land so that does make us European. You can be British and European at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive. I was touched by Macon’s speech last night given in front of the EU flag which was standing together with the Tricolour. That it was it is all about for me. Countries of separate identities coming together for the common good.

I see your dream but the reality Is different. In any case the UK was never welcome, islanders that have been too strong and to fit the German/French ideal. No coincidence that De Gaulle who spent the war in London, refused to let the UK into the Common market.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 17:46 - Oct 22 with 752 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 12:21 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

The seeds of WW2 were very much down in the Treaty of Versailles at the end of WW1 and all kinds of crazy sh it went on between 1918 and 1939 and we nearly had WW3 following on from 1945 with further conflict between East and West. If nothing else the EU should be recognised for helping to bring peace to Europe (mainly) for the last 70 odd years.

1 the seeds of WW1 were sown by the Franco Prussian war the previous century; how far do you want to do back?
2. The EU is actually quite a recent construct in terms of European peace. It was the European Coal and Steel Community which linked the heavy industries of France and Germany which ensured peace, not the latter day cultural behemoth of the EU. Peace was firmly established in the west before the EU hoved into view.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 746 viewskernow

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 12:29 - Oct 22 by dwayne_dibley

Austria actually

No it was Germany actually Dibbler.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:02 - Oct 22 with 744 viewskernow

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 12:30 - Oct 22 by dwayne_dibley

stalking is socially unacceptable these days

Strange that.
I thought it was a crime!?
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:30 - Oct 22 with 729 viewsSadoldgit

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 17:46 - Oct 22 by Chesham_Saint

1 the seeds of WW1 were sown by the Franco Prussian war the previous century; how far do you want to do back?
2. The EU is actually quite a recent construct in terms of European peace. It was the European Coal and Steel Community which linked the heavy industries of France and Germany which ensured peace, not the latter day cultural behemoth of the EU. Peace was firmly established in the west before the EU hoved into view.

You can go back as far as you like Chesham. Hitler used used the terms of the treaty in his grab for power. No Nazi Party and there was less chance of another major conflict in Europe. You may not agree that the EU has been a conduit for peace within its tenure but others would disagree I think.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:39 - Oct 22 with 725 viewsSadoldgit

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 16:03 - Oct 22 by Bazza

I see your dream but the reality Is different. In any case the UK was never welcome, islanders that have been too strong and to fit the German/French ideal. No coincidence that De Gaulle who spent the war in London, refused to let the UK into the Common market.

It is true that it was a struggle to join but let’s be honest, it was always about cherry picking with us. We are no more special than the likes of France, Germany, Italy etc. These great countries were even willing to give up their own currencies whereas we had to keep hold of our precious pound. We never really embraced the Union properly, perhaps, if we had, we would still be in it (I guess you will respond with we would have been out sooner 😉). I remember De Gaulle’s stance very well and I also remember the joy when we finally joined the Common Market. I will go to my grave puzzled about why just over half of the populous of this rock voted to leave such a massive market right on our doorstep, but hey ho.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 19:40]
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 714 viewsBazza

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:39 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

It is true that it was a struggle to join but let’s be honest, it was always about cherry picking with us. We are no more special than the likes of France, Germany, Italy etc. These great countries were even willing to give up their own currencies whereas we had to keep hold of our precious pound. We never really embraced the Union properly, perhaps, if we had, we would still be in it (I guess you will respond with we would have been out sooner 😉). I remember De Gaulle’s stance very well and I also remember the joy when we finally joined the Common Market. I will go to my grave puzzled about why just over half of the populous of this rock voted to leave such a massive market right on our doorstep, but hey ho.

Fair comment
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:41 - Oct 22 with 706 viewsDorsetIan

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 17:46 - Oct 22 by Chesham_Saint

The European Coal and Steel Community had morphed into the the European Economic Community by 1957.

Only 12 years after the end of WW2 and in the middle of the Cold War (before even the Berlin Wall went up), you're stretching it to suggest that it was job done in terms of ensuring peace by then.

You are right that the project stated with the Coal and Steel Community, but it's been a series of incremental segues since then, as new European Communities were established and new members joined - most amazingly, of course, the accession of all those countries from behind the 'iron curtain' which were so 'foreign' to us all the way through to the late 1980s but which we are now so familiar with.

The whole thing has been a steadily growing continuum - 70 years of peace, cooperation and mutual understanding.

The EU itself was created by the Maastrict Treaty in 1992. Again, only 2/3 years after the Wall came down and the re-unification of Germany. If lasting peace was secure before 1992, the creation of the EU did no harm in cementing it at a very febrile time.

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:56 - Oct 22 with 701 viewskernow

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:39 - Oct 22 by Sadoldgit

It's not hard to figure out Sog.
Most folk feel that they have not received any personal benefit.
Where I live was the poorest county in England in 1980. It was funding redirected through the conduit of the South West Regional Development Agency' ,EU Objective 1, to level up the poorest, most underdeveloped regions, that has enabled an upturn in economic fortunes.
I' m not going in to details but it's there to see.
The fact that', except for the Scillies, the vote was overwhelming leave and blue, makes me think that the vast majority of folk don't have a clue and care less.

Their intelligence may be insulted but that doesn't make them right.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:14 - Oct 22 with 690 viewsSadoldgit

I thought that the Remain campaign was very poor. Afterwards I remember Barnier saying that they decided to stay out of it and leave us to work it out for ourselves, but now he wished that the EU had fought their corner as part of the campaign. I remember very little from the campaign about the benefits but an awful lot from Farage and chums about the downsides. Was Cameron complacent? Probably. I would feel a lot happier about the result if the Leavers had the full facts in front of them but said, thanks but we still want out. Unfortunately though we just had the Farage nonsense about immigration and years of lies and twaddle from Johnson when he was a journalist.

Life will go on of course, but I fear that we will lose more than we will gain as outsiders.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:55 - Oct 22 with 678 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:41 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

The European Coal and Steel Community had morphed into the the European Economic Community by 1957.

Only 12 years after the end of WW2 and in the middle of the Cold War (before even the Berlin Wall went up), you're stretching it to suggest that it was job done in terms of ensuring peace by then.

You are right that the project stated with the Coal and Steel Community, but it's been a series of incremental segues since then, as new European Communities were established and new members joined - most amazingly, of course, the accession of all those countries from behind the 'iron curtain' which were so 'foreign' to us all the way through to the late 1980s but which we are now so familiar with.

The whole thing has been a steadily growing continuum - 70 years of peace, cooperation and mutual understanding.

The EU itself was created by the Maastrict Treaty in 1992. Again, only 2/3 years after the Wall came down and the re-unification of Germany. If lasting peace was secure before 1992, the creation of the EU did no harm in cementing it at a very febrile time.

Sorry Sogs, by 1992 no normal person would have been prepared to go to war with another Western European nation.

Our days of fighting the Germans and French (and them each other) were long gone by then. Since the 90s mass communication and travel means we are mainly all (except for some extremes) more opened minded, travelling, settling and just generally getting on with each other. The idea of another fascist regime in German simply wouldn’t be able to take route.

Nothing to do with the final iteration of the ‘Common Market’ and All to do with communication, travel and trust.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 22:13 - Oct 22 with 659 viewsDorsetIan

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:55 - Oct 22 by Chesham_Saint

Sorry Sogs, by 1992 no normal person would have been prepared to go to war with another Western European nation.

Our days of fighting the Germans and French (and them each other) were long gone by then. Since the 90s mass communication and travel means we are mainly all (except for some extremes) more opened minded, travelling, settling and just generally getting on with each other. The idea of another fascist regime in German simply wouldn’t be able to take route.

Nothing to do with the final iteration of the ‘Common Market’ and All to do with communication, travel and trust.

Sogs? (Stop getting TUI wrong!)

Maybe 'the West' was at peace by then but the peace for Eastern Europe developed over the subsequent years and the introduction of those countries into the EU played a large part in that.

Even now the Baltic states are are looking over their shoulders and countries next along and outside the EU (Belarus and Ukraine) are very far from at peace.

Anyway, as the EU is the direct descent of the Coal and Steel Community et al, it gets the credit from me for those earlier achievements.

The whole project from 1951 onwards has been a fantastic achievement and it's only because the UK is so stuck in the past and so convinced of its own special place in the world that so many can't see it. It's great that we were part of it for a while.

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 643 viewsBicester_North

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 22:13 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

Maybe 'the West' was at peace by then but the peace for Eastern Europe developed over the subsequent years and the introduction of those countries into the EU played a large part in that.

Even now the Baltic states are are looking over their shoulders and countries next along and outside the EU (Belarus and Ukraine) are very far from at peace.

Anyway, as the EU is the direct descent of the Coal and Steel Community et al, it gets the credit from me for those earlier achievements.

The whole project from 1951 onwards has been a fantastic achievement and it's only because the UK is so stuck in the past and so convinced of its own special place in the world that so many can't see it. It's great that we were part of it for a while.

I reckon the EU will be chuffed to buggery with getting the credit from a man like yourself for those earlier achievements. A massive feather in their caps

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 632 views1885_SFC

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 22:13 - Oct 22 by DorsetIan

Instead of bashing the country you live in Ian - perhaps you should take a little more pride in it?

I don't think the UK is 'stuck in the past'. Infact, we're a very progressive, outward-looking society. We lead the world in many modern fields!

And what's wrong with thinking the UK should have a "special" place in the world? Why not? We gave the world the steam engine... the tin can... the rubber tyre... the internet... the electric motor... cement... the telephone... the TV... the bicycle... tanks... railways... and 20% of the world's population speaks English!

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024