Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? 17:55 - Mar 2 with 4252 viewsgrumpy

Players going down and screaming when tackled.
VAR stopping games to check if an elbow or a kneecap is over the line.
Referees throwing yellow and red cards around like confetti.
I doubt if Jack Charlton,Billy Bremner,Jimmy Case etc would have seen many games out these days.
Having to watch games on tv with empty stadiums.
No! its not because Saints have forgotten how to win a game either, although that doesn't help.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 2574 viewsI_would

2nd time across the back four and I've had enough.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:40 - Mar 2 with 2571 viewsIngskneeslide

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:34 - Mar 2 by I_would

2nd time across the back four and I've had enough.

Don’t they just lump it up to the big lad at your level of football? I wouldn’t worry about a back four when you should be more concerned about your Captain getting time off from his afternoon shift at Asda to allow him to play in your big derby against Titchfield Common
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:53 - Mar 2 with 2555 viewsI_would

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:40 - Mar 2 by Ingskneeslide

Don’t they just lump it up to the big lad at your level of football? I wouldn’t worry about a back four when you should be more concerned about your Captain getting time off from his afternoon shift at Asda to allow him to play in your big derby against Titchfield Common

You need a joke book Des yours are all shit.

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:57 - Mar 2 with 2547 viewssolent_toffee

This season has been fairly pointless despite what the media might have you believe.

The lack of fans in the stadiums has meant that none of the games are played at the same level of intensity. The match experience is absolutely garbage. Switch on the telly, watch the game and listen to moronic pundits, finish the game and turn the telly over to something else.

My normal match day experience involves a 500 mile round trip, seeing friends and family, going on the lash before and after. It’s bloody brilliant, regardless of the result. Now it’s sterile, even when Everton win I don’t get too excited because it’s just like any other tv programme.

I honestly don’t know how out and out armchair football ‘fans’ can be arsed with their soulless ‘support’ of a club. It’s like me saying I’m a huge fans of Peaky Blinders. I’m involved in it whatsoever, other than using a remote control to turn it on and off.

I had no respect for telly clappers before the pandemic, even less so now.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 19:03 - Mar 2 with 2538 viewsbarry_sanchez

Modern football is pointless and futile as its totally stacked against any team outside of the top 4ish ie the usuals of Liverpool and United and flavours of the day ie Chelsea and City, after Arsenal and Spurs and then possibly Everton its a fight to remain maybe get to a Cup Final and be plucky but that is about it, we've been effectively punished for our success so what is the point?
Its about tv deals, overseas cling on glory fans buying shirts and the telly clappers who support said big 4 but live in Cheltenham, Dublin and Torquay.
The NFL is so much better now they re-orged but that couldn't happen here, wage caps could though.
Never happen mind.
Football is a fix.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 19:30 - Mar 2 with 2517 viewsBerber

I have started to mute the sound completely, it makes the whole experience much nicer without the witless commentators spewing their garbage and pally bonhomie. Even the Liverpool games have been more enjoyable, without the constant screech of "SALAH!" throughout the game every time he receives the ball and dribbles it into oblivion.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 04:35 - Mar 3 with 2380 viewsblambo

I think I have been 'cured' of football by the season without fans...
As a spectator sport, VAR has ruined the match-day atmosphere; I shall not waste almost £100 for a pair of tickets.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 07:50 - Mar 3 with 2311 viewssaintwizzler

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 04:35 - Mar 3 by blambo

I think I have been 'cured' of football by the season without fans...
As a spectator sport, VAR has ruined the match-day atmosphere; I shall not waste almost £100 for a pair of tickets.

Couldn’t agree more.
The day is spoilt by going into the ground.
I haven’t experienced celebrating a goal for it to be chalked off 2 mins later.
That’s the final nail for me.
Sit in the pub and watch it for the price of 2/3 pints.
To get a decent view of the match (on the side, centrally) doesn’t justify the amount they are asking now I have given up my ST.
Maybe the odd 3pm Saturday match may woo me back.
But how many will there be of them in the future??
Premier League football is a TV sport now. 😩

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 09:30 - Mar 3 with 2252 viewssolent_toffee

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 07:50 - Mar 3 by saintwizzler

Couldn’t agree more.
To get a decent view of the match (on the side, centrally) doesn’t justify the amount they are asking now I have given up my ST.

It’s come to a point where I am actually pleased that Everton play on a Monday or a Thursday at the moment so that I can have a football free weekend. Don’t watch any other games, no MOTD, nothing. I reckon a lot of genuine fans feel the same at the moment.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 09:35 - Mar 3 with 2240 viewsKennington

It was good a few months ago when we were top. More of a struggle when we’re beaten every week. Not in any a fair weather fan, but it does make it easier to watch when the players at least try for 90 minutes, which is the basic requirement.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 09:48 - Mar 3 with 2224 viewsIngskneeslide

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:53 - Mar 2 by I_would

You need a joke book Des yours are all shit.

Fair enough straight_pass, I do understand that the bitterness running through your veins makes it hard to laugh about anything. I fear for your sanity though if Saints get to Wembley and little Pompey miss out on the play offs yet again
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 09:59 - Mar 3 with 2212 viewsIngskneeslide

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 09:30 - Mar 3 by solent_toffee

It’s come to a point where I am actually pleased that Everton play on a Monday or a Thursday at the moment so that I can have a football free weekend. Don’t watch any other games, no MOTD, nothing. I reckon a lot of genuine fans feel the same at the moment.

I’ve felt that way for a while now but this season has really put things in perspective. The whole VAR nonsense has been a step too far for me. I can’t see things changing unless the grip of Sky and co on the game is taken away. I’d rather do one or two away days a season but otherwise save the money and go and watch a game abroad where proper atmospheres still exist. Clubs will obviously push hard to bring fans back once things open up again but I expect them to do it in a way that alienates proper fans further.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 10:06 - Mar 3 with 2203 viewssaints__fan__73

Fair play to Carling. Branding the Premier League as the Premiership was a great piece of marketing. It hasn't been called that for more than 13 years now and yet people still use the term.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 2170 views1teeminants

So many times I feel what’s the point ? . The big clubs clear up all the trophies and pinch any decent player you have. All you can hope for is a decent cup run and even if by some miracle you do get to the final I doubt you’ll win it. One f****** trophy I’ve witnessed ffs in 76 ,I feel sorry for those that haven’t, What really is the point of it all now ? Money and cheats have ruined the game.

The so called pundits like Carragher, Neville etc try and get us excited but we’re not interested in City’s millions or cheating Salah who dives around like a girl. Then there’s VAR . Jesus !!!

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:06 - Mar 3 with 2103 viewssaintwizzler

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 10:06 - Mar 3 by saints__fan__73

Fair play to Carling. Branding the Premier League as the Premiership was a great piece of marketing. It hasn't been called that for more than 13 years now and yet people still use the term.

Lock em up and throw away the key.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:29 - Mar 3 with 2085 viewsI_would

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 09:48 - Mar 3 by Ingskneeslide

Fair enough straight_pass, I do understand that the bitterness running through your veins makes it hard to laugh about anything. I fear for your sanity though if Saints get to Wembley and little Pompey miss out on the play offs yet again

I've always been a bit confused why a so-called 'fan' would keep dredging up Prowsey's real pedigree. You're very strange Del. Sorry Les. I mean TCM.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 12:47]

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:44 - Mar 3 with 2075 viewsblambo

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 07:50 - Mar 3 by saintwizzler

Couldn’t agree more.

re: Premier League is a TV Sport now.

100% correct and don't think that we (UK) are the key audience.
It is increasingly an Asian TV Sport.
How many years will it be be before games are played in the early morning or very late at night for the convenience of the Paymasters ?

I have a Dystopian image of Britain in which the only role for our people is to provide the live crowds for sporting spectacles for the Chinese market...
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 13:06 - Mar 3 with 2045 viewskingslandstand1

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:44 - Mar 3 by blambo

re: Premier League is a TV Sport now.

100% correct and don't think that we (UK) are the key audience.
It is increasingly an Asian TV Sport.
How many years will it be be before games are played in the early morning or very late at night for the convenience of the Paymasters ?

I have a Dystopian image of Britain in which the only role for our people is to provide the live crowds for sporting spectacles for the Chinese market...

Quite scary, but I think you may well be right
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 13:28 - Mar 3 with 1999 viewsPaleRider

Many good points on here! I don't think it is just about becoming older but it is about realising that the fan in the stadium with attachment to the club is now totally irrelevant as far as TV (especially the global audience), and therefore the clubs, are concerned.

This is compounded by dodgy technology, refs who think they are stars and whining brats of players who can't be bothered when the going gets tough. On top of this, for me, is the lack of atmosphere or even humour now at grounds.

I think the only solution is for a European super league to attract the armchair fan - be they in Devon, Surrey or Singapore. The Premier League can then get back to being more focussed on those of us who actually go to games.

Still I expect I'll be back next season
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 13:39 - Mar 3 with 1986 viewsSonicBoom

Ticketing doesn't help.
When I was a kid people could afford to go to games. Now it's what £40 upwards ?
In fact I've paid a lot more at away grounds.
Now that's ok for an occasional treat if you like, but it kills most people when there's 3 or 4 home games in a month. Suddenly you have to pick and choose the odd game so the culture of just following your team is nowhere near what it used to be.

I don't have little kids now but I can't imagine taking them and cheering when we score only to have to explain to them that someone who isn't even at the ground has decided that wasn't a goal. Very weird.
I miss the days of drinking with your mates, abusing the away fans and players, then going back to the pub and slagging off the ref. Aaah such happy times.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 14:48 - Mar 3 with 1955 viewsgrumpy

Do we really have to stop a game (after the fans have celebrated) to disallow a goal because a players ankle, knee or even an elbow was over the line.
The Ryan Bertrand penalty was ridiculous,ok the ball hit his arm,it was unintentional and what's he supposed to do run with his hands behind his back?
If a player fakes a foul in a goal scoring position he should get a red card that's something VAR could sort out, wouldn't get so many of them then.
Saints have suffered badly from injuries enough without the controversial VAR and referee decisions that have gone against us.
The momentum of the game has been lost and with it will be the atmosphere.
The fans having paid so much money don't want to see this happen and will consider whether its worth the effort and cost.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 16:24 - Mar 3 with 1902 viewskingslandstand1

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 14:48 - Mar 3 by grumpy

Do we really have to stop a game (after the fans have celebrated) to disallow a goal because a players ankle, knee or even an elbow was over the line.
The Ryan Bertrand penalty was ridiculous,ok the ball hit his arm,it was unintentional and what's he supposed to do run with his hands behind his back?
If a player fakes a foul in a goal scoring position he should get a red card that's something VAR could sort out, wouldn't get so many of them then.
Saints have suffered badly from injuries enough without the controversial VAR and referee decisions that have gone against us.
The momentum of the game has been lost and with it will be the atmosphere.
The fans having paid so much money don't want to see this happen and will consider whether its worth the effort and cost.

Unfortunately Grumps, yours and all of the other very valid comments from this thread will not be heard by those that actually could do something about it and we will just carry on as we are

Some may decide enough is enough and give up our tickets, but I don't think many will. It is the same for all clubs so we are not alone

Because we are the current sh1tt1est team in the league we may now be accused of being whinging old farts and our opinions might be different if we were say, West Ham fans right now, but they've had enough to whinge about over the last 4 or 5 years

I don't like the way it is at the moment for all the reasons below, but powers that be will just walk all over us and if we "make a stand" and don't turn up to games, I'm sure there are enough Chinese students at Soton Uni that will gladly take our place so they can phone home and say that they actually went to a Premier League game!
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 16:36 - Mar 3 with 1891 viewsNewdawn2014

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:57 - Mar 2 by solent_toffee

This season has been fairly pointless despite what the media might have you believe.

The lack of fans in the stadiums has meant that none of the games are played at the same level of intensity. The match experience is absolutely garbage. Switch on the telly, watch the game and listen to moronic pundits, finish the game and turn the telly over to something else.

My normal match day experience involves a 500 mile round trip, seeing friends and family, going on the lash before and after. It’s bloody brilliant, regardless of the result. Now it’s sterile, even when Everton win I don’t get too excited because it’s just like any other tv programme.

I honestly don’t know how out and out armchair football ‘fans’ can be arsed with their soulless ‘support’ of a club. It’s like me saying I’m a huge fans of Peaky Blinders. I’m involved in it whatsoever, other than using a remote control to turn it on and off.

I had no respect for telly clappers before the pandemic, even less so now.

I travel about 7 miles and have a Bovril and a bag of crisps , but I`d rather watch Saints on tele than not at all .
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football on 17:26 - Mar 3 with 1866 viewsForeverred

Yes I agree grumpy , whether it’s because there is no atmosphere, or it’s become more cynical.
I think the players and VAR has something to do with it. Players con referees all the time, I suppose that has always happened, but it’s become more cynical in my opinion. VAR has definitely taken some of the enjoyment out of the game for me, the elation of scoring has gone because you are constantly looking at the the referees reaction to confirm whether it is a goal or not ,and the time it takes to be confirmed either way. The FA must sort it out, because there is to much inconsistency Between referees, it should not be down to individual referees interpretation of the rules, the rules have to be on a level playing field for both sides , and applied to both side fairly to stop the farce it has become.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 17:34 - Mar 3 with 1860 viewskingolaf

I’m getting properly pissed off with diving, players howling as if their legs have fallen off and poor/dishonest referees.
Probably because I’m older as well, but modern football doesn’t do it for me. It wouldn’t be a bad thing if these billionaires found other playthings and we could turn the clock back 40 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024