Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview 15:18 - Mar 9 with 5729 viewsSaintNick

From the little I have seen and read it seems to have been a damp squid with Meghan whinging about everything, doesn't seem to have dented the Monarchy much

Personally I loved the bit where she wailed about feeling locked up in a Palace and not wanting to be alive anymore, if we had stuck her in a one bedroom flat in Millbrook she might have had something to moan about

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 1175 viewsBison

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 22:12 - Mar 9 with 1147 viewskentsouthampton

She got the army hating phone hacking gobshite Piers Morgan sacked, for that much we should be grateful.
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 22:17 - Mar 9 with 1141 viewsBicester_North

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 22:12 - Mar 9 by kentsouthampton

She got the army hating phone hacking gobshite Piers Morgan sacked, for that much we should be grateful.

Agreed

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 23:24 - Mar 9 with 1093 viewsTimSaint

Oprah"s next interview will be with Jürgen Klopp, who has also lost a title and has been bullied at home !! :-)

TimSaint

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 23:28 - Mar 9 with 1089 viewsChesham_Saint

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 17:55 - Mar 9 by DorsetIan

I like having a hereditary head of state.

Can you imagine the muppets we would get if we had an elected one.

It wasn’t that long ago that people like Jimmy Savile were “universally” loved (personally I always thought he was a tvvat) by the so called great British public. Leave it to them to vote for a head of state and we’d get the likes of him or Boaty McBoatface, as head of state FFS.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 06:38 - Mar 10 with 1047 viewskentsouthampton

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 06:52 - Mar 10 with 1039 viewssaint22

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 22:12 - Mar 9 by kentsouthampton

But he sat in front of Leveson and swore on oath he knew nothing of any phone hacking........
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:04 - Mar 10 with 984 viewsDorsetIan

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 23:28 - Mar 9 by Chesham_Saint

It wasn’t that long ago that people like Jimmy Savile were “universally” loved (personally I always thought he was a tvvat) by the so called great British public. Leave it to them to vote for a head of state and we’d get the likes of him or Boaty McBoatface, as head of state FFS.

Exactly.

And turn it into some kind of protest vote and Farage would no doubt walk it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:07 - Mar 10 with 982 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 20:29 - Mar 9 by Bridders2

'What have the Romans done for us?'

We'll the monarchy are a massive PR company for Britain....
....and they bring in billions from tourism...

Why do tourist flock to Britain because of the Royal Family? Do they think that they will get to have tea with the Queen? I have never based a holiday decision and that country’s head of state. Perhaps I am missing something?
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:09 - Mar 10 with 977 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 17:55 - Mar 9 by DorsetIan

I like having a hereditary head of state.

Can you imagine the muppets we would get if we had an elected one.

Well it would be Boris Johnson at the moment! 🐸
(Sorry, that’s the nearest emoji I could get to a muppet)
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:11 - Mar 10 with 972 viewsBerber

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 20:29 - Mar 9 by Bridders2

'What have the Romans done for us?'

We'll the monarchy are a massive PR company for Britain....
....and they bring in billions from tourism...

No hard evidence for "billions", just Palace and media PR. Paris doesn't seem to suffer from lack of visitors to the ex royal palaces without a king or queen. Same with Spain, even with a recently disgraced monarchy. I accept that there is a lot of overseas interest in the royal family though.
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:22 - Mar 10 with 957 viewsBerber

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 21:51 - Mar 9 by Bison

A bit unfair, he was a kid, who knew it was shocking, but we've all done stupid things when on the pop.
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:42 - Mar 10 with 937 viewsSonicBoom

"From the little I have seen and read it seems to have been a damp squid with Meghan whinging about everything, doesn't seem to have dented the Monarchy much"

You certainly seem to have your finger on the pulse with this one Nick. You were right, there has barely been a ripple...
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:50 - Mar 10 with 926 viewsdirk_doone

What I have noticed is that it seems to have fueled a lot of anti-British sentiment in the USA, from Biden down to the vast majority of ordinary Americans. Meghan has been like a wrecking ball to the 'special relationship'. She really knew how to do some damage. Playing the race card was her ace. But, in many ways Harry, the new Ali G, was worse as he agreed that one of the reasons he left the UK was because it was racist. Well, from my experience it is considerably less so than the USA, where inter-racial marriages are rare and where cities are divided along racial lines.

As for their supposed need to escape media attention, they have just deliberately encouraged the biggest media frenzy of their lives. Reporters and photographers in the USA are going to be watching them like hawks and reporting their every move. The only difference is that this time, they got paid for it

So, it seems it's not only the Europeans that dislike us now.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 9:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 904 viewsBison

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:22 - Mar 10 by Berber

A bit unfair, he was a kid, who knew it was shocking, but we've all done stupid things when on the pop.

Total hippocrite playing the race card , he don't look drunk here.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 09:31 - Mar 10 with 887 viewsdirk_doone

As for the 'dark skin' line that he fed her, anyone who is in a mixed race marriage can tell you that if, when you are out on your own, you hear a remark which might be interpreted as racist, even from a family member, the last thing you do is go running home and repeat it to your wife unless you want to upset her and make her feel unhappy. If you really feel that the remark was intended in a racist way, you deal with it yourself at the time it is said to you, which is not difficult to do unless you are a coward.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:17 - Mar 10 with 851 viewsSaintNick

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 08:42 - Mar 10 by SonicBoom

"From the little I have seen and read it seems to have been a damp squid with Meghan whinging about everything, doesn't seem to have dented the Monarchy much"

You certainly seem to have your finger on the pulse with this one Nick. You were right, there has barely been a ripple...

It s in the news now, but it will go away in a few weeks until they realise that they are not in the media and then come out with another "bombshell"

Meanwhile was anyone actually shocked or bothered by anything that was said, I was expecting much much worse

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:19 - Mar 10 with 847 viewsSaintNick

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 09:31 - Mar 10 by dirk_doone

As for the 'dark skin' line that he fed her, anyone who is in a mixed race marriage can tell you that if, when you are out on your own, you hear a remark which might be interpreted as racist, even from a family member, the last thing you do is go running home and repeat it to your wife unless you want to upset her and make her feel unhappy. If you really feel that the remark was intended in a racist way, you deal with it yourself at the time it is said to you, which is not difficult to do unless you are a coward.

Dirk you have spoken a lot of sense in your two posts and hit the nail on the head

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:20 - Mar 10 with 847 viewsKennington

Speaking for surely nearly everyone in the country -

Please make it stop!

I’m a royalist, but don’t care in the slightest about their family troubles. It’s almost like there’s no other news for the media to report on.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:24 - Mar 10 with 841 viewsBazza

It amazes me that people still love the outdated monarchy. Do you really think that you should call anybody Her/His Royal Highness or bow to another person. What’s wrong with a respectful sir or madam? Particularly this when you realise that our monarchy comes from a long line of criminals and murderers, many who enriched themselves through taxing their subjects to the point of poverty or forcing them to fight battles to enhance their wealth. There was even a nazi sympathiser in the 20th century.
There are plenty of royals in other countries but mostly low profile, they pay their taxes and don’t get to own 6 palaces and huge estates. Most of the many foreigners I’ve met think of our royalty as no more than Disneyland.
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:36 - Mar 10 with 827 viewsSaintNick

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:24 - Mar 10 by Bazza

It amazes me that people still love the outdated monarchy. Do you really think that you should call anybody Her/His Royal Highness or bow to another person. What’s wrong with a respectful sir or madam? Particularly this when you realise that our monarchy comes from a long line of criminals and murderers, many who enriched themselves through taxing their subjects to the point of poverty or forcing them to fight battles to enhance their wealth. There was even a nazi sympathiser in the 20th century.
There are plenty of royals in other countries but mostly low profile, they pay their taxes and don’t get to own 6 palaces and huge estates. Most of the many foreigners I’ve met think of our royalty as no more than Disneyland.

I see the monarchy as being a tourist attraction, there is an argument against that, yes tourists would still come to England if they weren't there, but the queen seels a lot of merchandise for the economy with her picture on it , that may change with Charles.

But in the main they live in their own little world and most of us don't have to worry about calling her your royal highness we just watch those who want to do it on telly.

Not sure that saying our monarchy is from a long line of criminals and murderers is strictly true, it hasn't been one long dynasty with sons taking over from fathers etc, its a bit more complicated than that, so saying the queen comes from a long line of criminals and murderers is like saying Angela Merkel comes from a long line of war mongering dictators

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:37 - Mar 10 with 826 viewsBicester_North

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 10:24 - Mar 10 by Bazza

I’m sure it will all unravel when the Queen dies.

A lot of people have respect for her as a head of state and historical figure but nobody except nutters will for the likes of Charles or William.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 11:01 - Mar 10 with 812 viewsGasGiant

The most alarming thing in this entire thread is "damp squid". It's squib! All squid are damp. It's as bad as doing something off your own "back".
Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 11:08 - Mar 10 with 811 viewsDorsetIan

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 11:01 - Mar 10 by GasGiant

The most alarming thing in this entire thread is "damp squid". It's squib! All squid are damp. It's as bad as doing something off your own "back".

You should start a separate thread on this one Gas. So many to mention.

My favourite ever is someone referring to it being a 'Doggy Dog' world.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Prince Harry & Meghan Interview on 11:20 - Mar 10 with 803 views1885_SFC

Or "Pacific" instead of "Specific"...

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024