Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why was Forster dropped 06:33 - Mar 11 with 1007 viewsblambo

I wasn''t aware that the Big Man had done a thing wrong in the games that he has played,
So, why the change?
Why was Forster dropped on 06:53 - Mar 11 with 983 viewsSaintsforeverj

I think Ralph has prioritised the Brighton game. We were always going to concede a few last night so maybe Ralph wanted to have a confident and fresh GK on Sunday who hasn't just conceded a load of goals? I think Forster will be back on Sunday for the more important game, along with KWP, Diallo etc, who will all be fit and confident.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 6:55]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Why was Forster dropped on 06:55 - Mar 11 with 973 viewssaint22

A very good question, you could argue we may have got a point if he had played
Ralph got that very wrong
Why was Forster dropped on 07:08 - Mar 11 with 967 viewsSaintNick

Why was Forster dropped on 06:55 - Mar 11 by saint22

A very good question, you could argue we may have got a point if he had played
Ralph got that very wrong

I dont think McCarthy had a great game, but I dont think his performance changed the result

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why was Forster dropped on 07:53 - Mar 11 with 915 viewsSadoldgit

Why was Forster dropped on 07:08 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

I dont think McCarthy had a great game, but I dont think his performance changed the result

Losing is one thing but shipping 5 goals is another. That’s 14 on the last 2 trips to Manchester. We were lucky it wasn’t more as City seemed to be playing in 2nd gear for much of the match.
Why was Forster dropped on 09:00 - Mar 11 with 881 viewsdirk_doone

The problem when McCarthy plays nowadays is that he looks so nervous and jittery that it saps all of the confidence out of our defence and they turn into a bundle of nerves.

It has reached the stage now that it's actually cruel of Ralph to keep picking him. He is not doing the team or McCarthy himself any favours by doing so. His nerves are completely shot and he needs some time in the B team to recover his form and confidence.

He seems a genuinely nice bloke and I feel sorry for him. He had a good spell when he kept a few clean sheets and I'd like to see him come back like that again. Top flight goalkeepers are under enormous pressure and it's a struggle for them to stay calm and confident out there. Forster experienced a similar crisis of confidence and it took a long time for him to regain his form, which he did during a loan spell at Celtic. Now, Forster is back to his best and you can see that he goes out there expecting to keep clean sheets whereas McCarthy is going out there, totally lacking in self-belief, expecting to concede goals.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Why was Forster dropped on 09:28 - Mar 11 with 828 viewsVeloSaint

Its made Ralph's decision for first choice for the remainder of the season very easy.
Why was Forster dropped on 09:31 - Mar 11 with 826 viewsgrumpy

Why was Forster dropped on 09:00 - Mar 11 by dirk_doone

The problem when McCarthy plays nowadays is that he looks so nervous and jittery that it saps all of the confidence out of our defence and they turn into a bundle of nerves.

It has reached the stage now that it's actually cruel of Ralph to keep picking him. He is not doing the team or McCarthy himself any favours by doing so. His nerves are completely shot and he needs some time in the B team to recover his form and confidence.

He seems a genuinely nice bloke and I feel sorry for him. He had a good spell when he kept a few clean sheets and I'd like to see him come back like that again. Top flight goalkeepers are under enormous pressure and it's a struggle for them to stay calm and confident out there. Forster experienced a similar crisis of confidence and it took a long time for him to regain his form, which he did during a loan spell at Celtic. Now, Forster is back to his best and you can see that he goes out there expecting to keep clean sheets whereas McCarthy is going out there, totally lacking in self-belief, expecting to concede goals.

McCarthy makes me nervous just watching him, what must it be like for our defenders?
Not sure bringing him back to face City would have done much for his confidence.
Foster would have made a considerable difference, cant imagine him not bellowing to Adams to kick the ball upfield rather than across his goal.
McCarthy is a good goalkeeper and often makes some very good saves but every goalkeeper must go through a period when confidence suffers and with it form that's why its so important to have someone who can step in and give you a break to recover.
I thought we played well against City and now we must face 3 of the most demanding games of the season so far.
2 wins and a Cup Run and we could all be on cloud nine.
Another season in the life of a Saints fan, never easy, never boring. COYRS.....
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:44]
Why was Forster dropped on 09:35 - Mar 11 with 821 viewssaint22

Well i disagree I think his performance had a huge effect on the result
He is not good enough and hasn't been for ages so why Ralph dropped FF is very odd indeed
Login to get fewer ads

Why was Forster dropped on 09:43 - Mar 11 with 798 viewsUlsterBaz

^ This.
Why was Forster dropped on 09:50 - Mar 11 with 774 viewsdirk_doone

I think he is affecting results:

Forster last 6 games: (all that he has played this season) 1 goal conceded, 5 wins

McCarthy last 6 games: 23 goals conceded, 0 wins

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Why was Forster dropped on 09:52 - Mar 11 with 764 viewsRon11

I thought he was well off the pace for two of the goals.
Why was Forster dropped on 11:03 - Mar 11 with 710 views1885_SFC

I've watched the highlights of last night again & the one thing that is glaringly obvious is just how many of our players are/were guilty of ball watching. Far too many are like statues - waiting for someone else to put a foot in or clear the ball to Row Z.

Last night wasn't the first time either.

Old School is Cool

Why was Forster dropped on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 678 viewssaints__fan__73

Why was Forster dropped on 09:00 - Mar 11 by dirk_doone

What do you mean by Forster's best? His best was in his first stint at Celtic where he was a very good keeper. The largely immobile lump he is now is a very different keeper to that one.

However, even as a very average PL keeper, Forster is the best of our bad bunch of keepers so should be starting every game for us.

With Forster on 70k per week and also McCarthy and Gunn on close to that we must be paying a PL high amount of wages to keepers without actually having one single one who is in the top 15-20 in the league.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Why was Forster dropped on 12:07 - Mar 11 with 653 views1885_SFC

Why was Forster dropped on 11:54 - Mar 11 by saints__fan__73

What do you mean by Forster's best? His best was in his first stint at Celtic where he was a very good keeper. The largely immobile lump he is now is a very different keeper to that one.

However, even as a very average PL keeper, Forster is the best of our bad bunch of keepers so should be starting every game for us.

With Forster on 70k per week and also McCarthy and Gunn on close to that we must be paying a PL high amount of wages to keepers without actually having one single one who is in the top 15-20 in the league.

I couldn't agree more.

We don't have an outstanding keeper at the club unfortunately. McCarthy, Forster & Gunn are all mediocre at best. Sure - they have their moments & games where they play beyond their capabilities - but let's be honest; none of them measure up to some of the keepers we've had in the past or indeed - many of those playing right now in the Premier League.

Forster should get the nod for the time being because, as sad as it is, he's the best of a mediocre bunch.

Old School is Cool

Why was Forster dropped on 12:24 - Mar 11 with 630 viewsBerber

Why was Forster dropped on 11:03 - Mar 11 by 1885_SFC

I've watched the highlights of last night again & the one thing that is glaringly obvious is just how many of our players are/were guilty of ball watching. Far too many are like statues - waiting for someone else to put a foot in or clear the ball to Row Z.

Last night wasn't the first time either.

Bertrand turned away from one of the goals as the player shot, I think it was the Mahrez goal. Plenty of time to see it and try to block it.
Why was Forster dropped on 13:07 - Mar 11 with 601 views1885_SFC

Why was Forster dropped on 12:24 - Mar 11 by Berber

Bertrand turned away from one of the goals as the player shot, I think it was the Mahrez goal. Plenty of time to see it and try to block it.

You'd never have seen defending like that in the days of Van Djik, Killer, Fonté or Clause etc. etc.

Old School is Cool

Why was Forster dropped on 13:41 - Mar 11 with 585 views1teeminants

We got away with it last night. It could have gone very wrong. I understand resting a couple of outfield players but not your best keeper. Forster hasn’t put a foot wrong since he’s played whilst McCarthy has let in shed loads and it could have been very damaging for him. We got away with it.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Why was Forster dropped on 14:03 - Mar 11 with 571 viewsTimSaint

It was all part of Ralph's Master Plan.

He knew we would ship goals with the team he selected, so clearly his focus was on our next 3 games. He rested KWP, Diallo, Minamino and Tella and also managed to give Armstrong a breather.

He put McCarthy in so that he could prove that FF is now his Number 1 and so that FF didn't get injured ahead of the 3 most important games of our season.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024