Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raheem Sterling 23:27 - Jul 7 with 2724 viewssolent_toffee

Best player of the tournament for me so far. He’a been top drawer in every game. Fair do’s to him.
Raheem Sterling on 23:29 - Jul 7 with 2119 viewsSaintsforeverj

Totally agree. He has been outstanding.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Raheem Sterling on 23:47 - Jul 7 with 2098 viewsA1079

Totally agree Solent Toffee.

He has given his all in every game from start to finish. Player of the tournament for England.
Raheem Sterling on 00:53 - Jul 8 with 2071 viewsdirk_doone

He's certainly improving. He almost made contact with the Danish player:

[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 0:53]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Raheem Sterling on 01:01 - Jul 8 with 2058 viewscocklebreath

Raheem Sterling on 00:53 - Jul 8 by dirk_doone

You’re such a dick. Tonight he was brilliant, every time he got the ball he attacked, do the same against Italy on Sunday and were European champs

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Raheem Sterling on 01:05 - Jul 8 with 2050 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Raheem Sterling on 01:01 - Jul 8 by cocklebreath

You’re such a dick. Tonight he was brilliant, every time he got the ball he attacked, do the same against Italy on Sunday and were European champs

Outstanding player, MoTM tonight. Italy's slow defence will be terrified of him.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Raheem Sterling on 07:19 - Jul 8 with 1964 viewsinthebox

Raheem Sterling on 01:01 - Jul 8 by cocklebreath

Agree, they couldn't handle him all night, obviously clipped and barged over for the penalty.I posted before the game his speed and guile would be the key to unlock a slow defence.
Raheem Sterling on 07:49 - Jul 8 with 1937 viewsgrumpy

Raheem terrified Denmark every time he got the ball.
Raheem Sterling on 07:57 - Jul 8 with 1930 viewscocklebreath

Raheem Sterling on 01:05 - Jul 8 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Outstanding player, MoTM tonight. Italy's slow defence will be terrified of him.

Reckon Sterling, Foden and Mount as the 3 behind Kane, but who knows? So much talent to choose from

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Raheem Sterling on 08:03 - Jul 8 with 1923 viewsRon11

Raheem Sterling on 07:57 - Jul 8 by cocklebreath

Reckon Sterling, Foden and Mount as the 3 behind Kane, but who knows? So much talent to choose from

I don't think Foden produced much when he came on, but agree about Sterling and also Pickford has been outstanding.
Just knew that Schmeicel was going to save that Kane penalty, fortunately they got lucky with the rebound.
Raheem Sterling on 08:14 - Jul 8 with 1914 viewsdirk_doone

I agree that Raheem Sterling has been outstanding in this tournament but that was a dive. You'll find comments like this by football experts all over the world today: "Arsenal legend Liam Brady agreed with his colleague, adding: "That replay shows there was no contact with Sterling and I don't know how VAR didn't catch that."

Diving and screaming to con the referee into awarding free-kicks and penalties to you and yellow and red cards to the opposition are an important part of the game and in Sterling and Grealish we have two players who are world class at it. There was a time when we couldn't compete with the top cheats like Maradona's Argentina but now we can. We could even beat Italy at it on Sunday. Let's hope we do.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 8:45]

Raheem Sterling on 09:15 - Jul 8 with 1830 viewskingslandstand1

Raheem Sterling on 08:14 - Jul 8 by dirk_doone

I agree that Raheem Sterling has been outstanding in this tournament but that was a dive. You'll find comments like this by football experts all over the world today: "Arsenal legend Liam Brady agreed with his colleague, adding: "That replay shows there was no contact with Sterling and I don't know how VAR didn't catch that."

Diving and screaming to con the referee into awarding free-kicks and penalties to you and yellow and red cards to the opposition are an important part of the game and in Sterling and Grealish we have two players who are world class at it. There was a time when we couldn't compete with the top cheats like Maradona's Argentina but now we can. We could even beat Italy at it on Sunday. Let's hope we do.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 8:45]

Disagree with that Dirk I'm afraid. It wasn't blatant clearly but I think there was more contact after the tackle attempt when he was nudged off the ball

I'd probably have been upset if it had gone against us but as Lee Dixon said, very difficult decision that could have gone either way. But I'm taking it
Raheem Sterling on 09:36 - Jul 8 with 1813 viewsdirk_doone

Raheem Sterling on 09:15 - Jul 8 by kingslandstand1

Disagree with that Dirk I'm afraid. It wasn't blatant clearly but I think there was more contact after the tackle attempt when he was nudged off the ball

I'd probably have been upset if it had gone against us but as Lee Dixon said, very difficult decision that could have gone either way. But I'm taking it

Look at the replay.

He started his dive before he even reached the Danish player in the hope that he would make contact with him on the way down (he didn't). If he had been completely alone in the penalty area, he still would have ended up down on the ground.

We've seen him do the same thing many times before:

[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 9:44]

Raheem Sterling on 09:47 - Jul 8 with 1789 viewsSadoldgit

There was contact from the guys hip on the secondary challenge. You can argue that it was soft but they get given every week in the EPL.
As for Sterling, didn’t have a great season in domestic football and many people didn’t want him in the squad, let alone the team, but he has been excellent in this competition.
Raheem Sterling on 10:17 - Jul 8 with 1752 viewsDorsetIan

Raheem Sterling on 09:36 - Jul 8 by dirk_doone

Look at the replay.

He started his dive before he even reached the Danish player in the hope that he would make contact with him on the way down (he didn't). If he had been completely alone in the penalty area, he still would have ended up down on the ground.

I saw Sterling picking the ball up outside the area and running almost to the 6 yrd box.

The guy who made contact with his hip was nowhere near going for the ball and had had to run a couple of yards to get to Sterling to do that.

It's all very well saying that Sterling went down easily but if you want to see a defender trying to take out a running attacker in the area while pretending 'I only just brushed against him, guv' have a look at that defender. He was just as much feigning an innocent contact as Sterling was feigning contact.

Too much talk about this. it wasn't the heaviest challenge in the world but I think he impeded his run and deliberately too and if there's contact of any sort in the box which is nowhere near the ball, you run that risk.

And, hey Denmark, them's the breaks.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Raheem Sterling on 14:19 - Jul 8 with 1652 viewsBazza

Raheem Sterling on 10:17 - Jul 8 by DorsetIan

I saw Sterling picking the ball up outside the area and running almost to the 6 yrd box.

The guy who made contact with his hip was nowhere near going for the ball and had had to run a couple of yards to get to Sterling to do that.

It's all very well saying that Sterling went down easily but if you want to see a defender trying to take out a running attacker in the area while pretending 'I only just brushed against him, guv' have a look at that defender. He was just as much feigning an innocent contact as Sterling was feigning contact.

Too much talk about this. it wasn't the heaviest challenge in the world but I think he impeded his run and deliberately too and if there's contact of any sort in the box which is nowhere near the ball, you run that risk.

And, hey Denmark, them's the breaks.

Good analysis. I’ve wondered why Sterling has a history of diving when it’s better to score. But his small stature and fast speed make toppling more likely especially against lumbering tired defenders. Whatever I doubt many other countries would be dwelling on the decision like our media. As they used to say - it was a penalty cos it will be in the papers tomorrow
Raheem Sterling on 14:36 - Jul 8 with 1637 viewsgrumpy

Raheem Sterling on 00:53 - Jul 8 by dirk_doone

Penalty
Raheem Sterling on 15:16 - Jul 8 with 1609 viewsBison

Raheem Sterling on 09:36 - Jul 8 by dirk_doone

Look at the replay.

Wasn't the decision reviewed by VAR and they said no clear and obvious error had been made ?

Why the witch hunt ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Raheem Sterling on 15:37 - Jul 8 with 1598 viewsDorsetIan

Raheem Sterling on 15:16 - Jul 8 by Bison

Wasn't the decision reviewed by VAR and they said no clear and obvious error had been made ?

Why the witch hunt ?

It didn't help that a number of the pundits in the BBC and ITV studios were agreeing that it was soft. Although none of them went so far as to say it was a dive that I heard.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Raheem Sterling on 17:11 - Jul 8 with 1548 viewsdirk_doone

You've all convinced me that it was a definite penalty. I stand corrected. Let's hope Sterling scores the winning goal in the final.

Raheem Sterling on 17:22 - Jul 8 with 1535 viewsSadoldgit

I have just watched it again and think it was a penalty. The acid test is how would you have felt if it had been given against you and honestly, if that had been Stones or Maguire I wouldn’t complain. I also thought that the one on Kane was a pen too. The refs have been excellent throughout but I thought the guy last night was poor. Got a number of yellow card decisions wrong and missed a number of fouls.
Raheem Sterling on 20:02 - Jul 8 with 1457 viewsBazza

Raheem Sterling on 17:22 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

I have just watched it again and think it was a penalty. The acid test is how would you have felt if it had been given against you and honestly, if that had been Stones or Maguire I wouldn’t complain. I also thought that the one on Kane was a pen too. The refs have been excellent throughout but I thought the guy last night was poor. Got a number of yellow card decisions wrong and missed a number of fouls.

Yep I agree with all your points Soggy
Raheem Sterling on 22:46 - Jul 8 with 1410 viewskingslandstand1

Raheem Sterling on 15:37 - Jul 8 by DorsetIan

It didn't help that a number of the pundits in the BBC and ITV studios were agreeing that it was soft. Although none of them went so far as to say it was a dive that I heard.

Soft yes, but there was contact and I didn't think the VAR got involved due to it not being "clear and obvious error" by the man in the middle, but who cares now ..................................... we're in the final and I'll take that!
Raheem Sterling on 10:25 - Jul 9 with 1262 viewsSadoldgit

Durham and Gough were talking about Sterling on TalkSport yesterday saying that if his finishing and final ball were better he would be right up there with Ronaldo and Messi. Sadly for him he is a bit Redmondesque in those departments. He has had a terrific tournament though and it will be interesting to see where he goes if Pep still decides to offload him.
Raheem Sterling on 13:33 - Jul 9 with 1237 viewsBicester_North

Best England players so far in order

Sterling
Walker
Shaw
Maguire
Stones

Rice and Phillips also great. Kane, Pickford a bit inconsistent

All the others who’ve come in and out have done their bit

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Raheem Sterling on 13:53 - Jul 9 with 1231 viewsSadoldgit

My top 5 are Sterling, Shaw, Maguire, Saka and Phillips but everyone has played their part in getting us to the final. Whilst I have been disappointed with some of the team selections I have to give credit to Southgate and his back room staff for getting such a fabulous team spirit together from such a disparate bunch of players. We have heard about the divisions in the dressing room before from United, Liverpool and Chelsea players but there is none of that now and it’s great to see everyone pulling together. It doesn’t seem to matter who he picks, they just go out there and get on with their jobs. When you look at some of the quality in the teams who have gone out, it just goes to show what you can achieve with unity and organisation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024