Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 57887 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 14:52 - Oct 30 with 1307 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 07:23 - Oct 30 by saint68

I had a meander through the thread again and have concluded you are quite a nasty little chap, some of the abuse is rather shocking Petal...I think it's high time you give up your one man band of denial and hatred...its not a great look Bubs.

So perhaps cut out the patronising remarks?
Third Covid Wave on 16:12 - Oct 30 with 1279 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 14:28 - Oct 30 by Bazza

I feel sad that some people are totally misreading the statistics, as Expose have done. Taking numbers of deaths by category without taking account of the % vaccinated and % unvaccinated is just plain foolish. Un-vaccinated deaths is a smallish number but a high %.

If the maths confuses you it's like considering the best England goal scorer without noting games played. Rooney may have scored most goals 53 in 120 but Greaves has best goals per game by far 44/57.

Of course it's likely the anti-vaxxers on here don't want to understand the reality.

Your final line hits the nail on the head.

They understand the maths fine well, which makes their whole approach so sinister.

Why would anyone try to twist stats to try to deny that vaccinations are improving health outcomes? What would motivate someone to do that?

I don’t know the answer, but whatever it is it isn’t going to be pretty. So they are fair game to be called dishonest crackpots.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 17:13 - Oct 30 with 1249 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 17:41 - Oct 29 by saint68

I have to say Bud, you are my favourite and reasoned poster in relation to this covid shenanigans..take care mate.

After the idiocy of the sudden US/UK led Iraq debacle I am generally sceptical of anything that headlines in the media, often for good reasons. So I often have to find out the details that lazy, highly paid journos and media commentators appear not to have the time to investigate. I know there are some things we don't agree on, but that goes for the Mrs too.. 😂
Third Covid Wave on 22:14 - Oct 30 with 1205 viewsJaySaint

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/14/bring-in-measures-soon-or-risk-700

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 07:47 - Oct 31 with 1140 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 17:13 - Oct 30 by Berber

After the idiocy of the sudden US/UK led Iraq debacle I am generally sceptical of anything that headlines in the media, often for good reasons. So I often have to find out the details that lazy, highly paid journos and media commentators appear not to have the time to investigate. I know there are some things we don't agree on, but that goes for the Mrs too.. 😂

Touché 🤣😂

Ah yes the wisdom of one's spouse should never be questioned..well at least that's what she tells me.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Third Covid Wave on 09:31 - Oct 31 with 1109 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 16:12 - Oct 30 by DorsetIan

Your final line hits the nail on the head.

They understand the maths fine well, which makes their whole approach so sinister.

Why would anyone try to twist stats to try to deny that vaccinations are improving health outcomes? What would motivate someone to do that?

I don’t know the answer, but whatever it is it isn’t going to be pretty. So they are fair game to be called dishonest crackpots.

History is littered with people like you Ian justifying their extreme bile towards a people that think/look/act differently to themselves.

Trust me Ian, I am not your enemy, I am not the one that will be restricting your future freedoms under the guise of Covid and taking every last penny from you under the guise of "green taxes". Unless you have a private jet parked in your 3 bed semi in East Dorset, we are all on the same side of trying not to be screwed over by the ruling classes

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 10:19 - Oct 31 with 1096 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 09:31 - Oct 31 by Jellybaby

History is littered with people like you Ian justifying their extreme bile towards a people that think/look/act differently to themselves.

Trust me Ian, I am not your enemy, I am not the one that will be restricting your future freedoms under the guise of Covid and taking every last penny from you under the guise of "green taxes". Unless you have a private jet parked in your 3 bed semi in East Dorset, we are all on the same side of trying not to be screwed over by the ruling classes

He's become very aloof and nasty of late Jelly, probably best to leave the bubble blowing baby alone...don't want him chucking his nappy at us.

Third Covid Wave on 14:22 - Oct 31 with 1060 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 09:31 - Oct 31 by Jellybaby

Here’s a very very simple litmus test for you and 68.

If you can confirm that you accept the basic maths around the likelihood of a vaccinated or unvaccinated person ending up in hospital or dead, then maybe there is hope for a dialogue.

And, likewise, for as long as you deny something as basic as that, you and others like you deserve all the ridicule and criticism you get.

Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 14:36 - Oct 31 with 1057 viewsdwayne_dibley

if anti-vaxers make their own choice about whether to be vaccinated then that is their absolute right. But when they catch covid they immediately expect medical help and an ICU bed. Why?

Those anti-vax nutters hassling kids outside school gates have the same mentality as ISIS and the Taliban in forcing their beliefs on others.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Third Covid Wave on 20:43 - Oct 31 with 1005 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 14:36 - Oct 31 by dwayne_dibley

if anti-vaxers make their own choice about whether to be vaccinated then that is their absolute right. But when they catch covid they immediately expect medical help and an ICU bed. Why?

Those anti-vax nutters hassling kids outside school gates have the same mentality as ISIS and the Taliban in forcing their beliefs on others.

Dwane, you are right that it should be my own choice if I get jabbed - thanks for that, but then you immediately imply I shouldn't have that option as I might use the NHS (I wouldn't), so do I have autonomy over my own body or not, which is it?

Re, giving kids an unlicensed experimental gene therapy jab, that seems the most clear cut of all the issues. They have to take a huge risk to possibly save the lives of the old and vulnerable. What type of society uses their kids who are not vulnerable from the virus to protect the old?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 22:22 - Oct 31 with 961 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Third Covid Wave on 20:43 - Oct 31 by Jellybaby

Dwane, you are right that it should be my own choice if I get jabbed - thanks for that, but then you immediately imply I shouldn't have that option as I might use the NHS (I wouldn't), so do I have autonomy over my own body or not, which is it?

Re, giving kids an unlicensed experimental gene therapy jab, that seems the most clear cut of all the issues. They have to take a huge risk to possibly save the lives of the old and vulnerable. What type of society uses their kids who are not vulnerable from the virus to protect the old?

Simpleton.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Third Covid Wave on 23:43 - Oct 31 with 939 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 20:43 - Oct 31 by Jellybaby

What type of society wouldn’t protect its oldest members by vaccinating its younger members with approved vaccines?
Third Covid Wave on 23:46 - Oct 31 with 936 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 10:19 - Oct 31 by saint68

He's become very aloof and nasty of late Jelly, probably best to leave the bubble blowing baby alone...don't want him chucking his nappy at us.

How old are you? I’m guessing that you are a grown man but you write like a child.
Third Covid Wave on 23:59 - Oct 31 with 933 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 22:22 - Oct 31 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Simpleton.

Ha, the irony of that one word answer to a complex problem.

https://www.hartgroup.org/halt-covid-vaccinations-in-children/

Third Covid Wave on 00:18 - Nov 1 with 931 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 23:43 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

What type of society wouldn’t protect its oldest members by vaccinating its younger members with approved vaccines?

Sogs, you know my view on all life having value and dignity and we agree that the treatment of old people at the start of covid was a national disgrace, but we can't let our kids act as some sort of "stab vest" defence to protect our old folk. The jabs are experimental, we won't know what the consequences are, if there are any until years down the line, but some concerns have already surfaced. We know from the yellow card system that the jab will kill people, you may say that it will save more lives, but for the kids the opposite will almost certainly be true.

Third Covid Wave on 08:43 - Nov 1 with 869 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 00:18 - Nov 1 by Jellybaby

Sogs, you know my view on all life having value and dignity and we agree that the treatment of old people at the start of covid was a national disgrace, but we can't let our kids act as some sort of "stab vest" defence to protect our old folk. The jabs are experimental, we won't know what the consequences are, if there are any until years down the line, but some concerns have already surfaced. We know from the yellow card system that the jab will kill people, you may say that it will save more lives, but for the kids the opposite will almost certainly be true.

The thing is that they are not experimental JellyB. The reason they appeared so quickly is because they are built around exciting vaccines and tweaked. I’d be the first to agree with you if they were brand new and, indeed, experimental. And of course millions of people have taken them already so we have a much better understanding of the effect of them. Do you remember the outcry against MMR? Didn’t turn out so bad did it? I don’t have a lot of faith in the government but I don’t believe that they would use the children of this country in a vaccine process that was dangerous. Yes, there are side effects to every medicine, but they doesn’t mean to say we should stop using them because a very small percentage might have a problem with it. This pandemic has been the most serious one in our lifetimes. It has to be dealt with by taking serious measures.
Third Covid Wave on 09:58 - Nov 1 with 849 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 23:46 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

How old are you? I’m guessing that you are a grown man but you write like a child.

You are so tiresome and pathetic.

Third Covid Wave on 10:14 - Nov 1 with 843 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 09:58 - Nov 1 by saint68

You are so tiresome and pathetic.

I’d rather be that than the spreader of nonsense conspiracy theories.
Third Covid Wave on 14:07 - Nov 1 with 819 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 08:43 - Nov 1 by Sadoldgit

The thing is that they are not experimental JellyB. The reason they appeared so quickly is because they are built around exciting vaccines and tweaked. I’d be the first to agree with you if they were brand new and, indeed, experimental. And of course millions of people have taken them already so we have a much better understanding of the effect of them. Do you remember the outcry against MMR? Didn’t turn out so bad did it? I don’t have a lot of faith in the government but I don’t believe that they would use the children of this country in a vaccine process that was dangerous. Yes, there are side effects to every medicine, but they doesn’t mean to say we should stop using them because a very small percentage might have a problem with it. This pandemic has been the most serious one in our lifetimes. It has to be dealt with by taking serious measures.

Yes, but this government went directly against the advise of the JVCI, who said on balance that children should not receive the jab. Kids are and will be harmed and killed by this jab. That is a very high price to pay, do you not think?

Third Covid Wave on 14:32 - Nov 1 with 809 viewssaints__fan__73

The problem I have is that, if we are divided into two camps, those happy to have the vaccine and those how are very much against it (and think anyone who does is a 'sheep'), then no matter which country you look at the people not having the vaccine don't seem to be the most intelligent of people who we should be taking heed of. Matty Le Tiss being a perfect example.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Third Covid Wave on 21:36 - Nov 1 with 753 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 14:32 - Nov 1 by saints__fan__73

The problem I have is that, if we are divided into two camps, those happy to have the vaccine and those how are very much against it (and think anyone who does is a 'sheep'), then no matter which country you look at the people not having the vaccine don't seem to be the most intelligent of people who we should be taking heed of. Matty Le Tiss being a perfect example.

I wonder whether this level of divisiveness is unique to us and the yanks?

I’m just back from Portugal and was struck by the ubiquitous mask wearing in indoor public places. Absolutely everyone, no fuss, no complaining, no problem. Picking up food from local Coop on way home, about 1 in 4 people wearing masks.

Third Covid Wave on 21:40 - Nov 1 with 750 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 21:36 - Nov 1 by DorsetIan

I wonder whether this level of divisiveness is unique to us and the yanks?

I’m just back from Portugal and was struck by the ubiquitous mask wearing in indoor public places. Absolutely everyone, no fuss, no complaining, no problem. Picking up food from local Coop on way home, about 1 in 4 people wearing masks.

No, there have been anti restriction protests in loads of other countries including Portugal.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Covid Wave on 22:18 - Nov 1 with 731 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 21:40 - Nov 1 by Bicester_North

No, there have been anti restriction protests in loads of other countries including Portugal.

I know that. Nutters everywhere. I was referring to the level of divisiveness. Seems to me that In the US it is completely crazy and very political. But we don’t seem too far behind - witness the masks/no masks on the different sides of the House of Commons.

It says something about our politics that a medical issue should divide along party lines.

Third Covid Wave on 22:33 - Nov 1 with 723 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 14:07 - Nov 1 by Jellybaby

Yes, but this government went directly against the advise of the JVCI, who said on balance that children should not receive the jab. Kids are and will be harmed and killed by this jab. That is a very high price to pay, do you not think?

How many?
Sadly a number of children die every year after being given vaccines that are long tried and tested. Should we just stop vaccinating all children?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 22:37]
Third Covid Wave on 22:40 - Nov 1 with 715 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 22:18 - Nov 1 by DorsetIan

I know that. Nutters everywhere. I was referring to the level of divisiveness. Seems to me that In the US it is completely crazy and very political. But we don’t seem too far behind - witness the masks/no masks on the different sides of the House of Commons.

It says something about our politics that a medical issue should divide along party lines.

I don’t know, the Tory heartlands of South East and South West have a higher vaccine uptake than Labour areas such as London, West Midlands and Yorkshire.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024