Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Game Matchday Thread 13:49 - Jan 8 with 5426 viewsSaintNick

Can we progress to the fourth round

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Jan 8 with 1515 viewsSaintsforeverj

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 19:37 - Jan 8 by Mrangry25

Absolutely shocking this game, wtf is RH doin playing Valery he is c**p, Stephens not much better, Perroud clueless, our passing has been woeful, and bringing in Long ffs. Penalties are looming.

Super Shane Long has just scored. Get in. He loves the cups.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 19:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Jan 8 with 1372 viewskernow

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Jan 8 by Saintsforeverj

Super Shane Long has just scored. Get in. He loves the cups.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 19:41]

Well played Saints, battling performance after a silly red card.
Round 4 next.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Jan 8 with 1366 viewsdirk_doone

Good performance by the ten men in extra time.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Jan 8 with 1354 viewsCity_boy

Got through, but that was a crap match.

Swansea were absolute tosh, and 11-11 would have been at least 4/5 nil. They weren't in the game at all up to sending off.

Not sure why we tried to keep ball in corner, should have just let Swansea p**s around with it and wind clock down for us.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 20:06]
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Jan 8 with 1354 viewsSaintsforeverj

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Jan 8 by kernow

Well played Saints, battling performance after a silly red card.
Round 4 next.

Yep, after going 2 1 down and down to ten men, it was actually a great result in the end. Personally, love the cup so let's see who we get in the next round.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Jan 8 with 1234 viewsA1079

The only reason that became a tough game and went into extra time was because of the stupid sending off and not only did it impact this game who knows whether it will affect our performance on Tuesday. Swansea to be honest were very poor and had we kept to 11 men I am confident we would have finished the job off easily.

To be honest I was bored with a large part of the game as we tried to just retain the 1-0 but the extra time was entertaining and we were professional in the end and did a job. Really need that win on Tuesday even if it is a dirty win.

JWP had a good game and showed some leadership qualities which I was critical of him not showing in the early part of this season.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Jan 8 with 1211 viewsSadoldgit

Showed a lot of character to dig out that win. Had the opportunities to make it 2 before they equalised and that would have been enough to win it in normal time. Fair play to bounce back immediately after the og. Fair play to to Shane Long for coming in and winning the match. Could have done without extra time with the Brentford game coming up but good to see the character there again when down to 10 men early on. JWP put in a proper captain’s performance today.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 1186 viewsdirk_doone

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Jan 8 by Sadoldgit

Showed a lot of character to dig out that win. Had the opportunities to make it 2 before they equalised and that would have been enough to win it in normal time. Fair play to bounce back immediately after the og. Fair play to to Shane Long for coming in and winning the match. Could have done without extra time with the Brentford game coming up but good to see the character there again when down to 10 men early on. JWP put in a proper captain’s performance today.

The team spirit and organisation when we went down to ten men was as good as it was against Spurs.

That was Long's best performance for years, perhaps because he was up against a Championship team. Elyounoussi impressed me too. We always seem to get good results when he plays. I think our record when both Forster and Elyounoussi play is very good. Perhaps they both should be regulars. I was very disappointed with Adam Armstrong though. I thought that, today against Championship opposition, he might show his Blackburn form but he looked as lost as he usually does nowadays.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 20:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Jan 8 with 1172 viewsWinchesterExile

There were some decent performances but we really only won because Swansea were p*iss poor.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:42 - Jan 8 with 1125 viewsgrumpy

Valery should have been substituted, then perhaps it wouldn't have taken so much effort.
Having said that there is good spirit in this side and Ralph should take credit for that.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Jan 8 with 1113 viewssledger

Valery will be gone by the end of the window,hasnt got 2 brain cells to rub together
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 1110 viewssaint22

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Jan 8 by WinchesterExile

There were some decent performances but we really only won because Swansea were p*iss poor.

Nice to win after falling behind, not often we can say that but Swansea weee poor
Stupid from Valery but next round it is
Thought JWP and Long did well
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Jan 8 with 1056 viewsDorsetIan

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

The team spirit and organisation when we went down to ten men was as good as it was against Spurs.

That was Long's best performance for years, perhaps because he was up against a Championship team. Elyounoussi impressed me too. We always seem to get good results when he plays. I think our record when both Forster and Elyounoussi play is very good. Perhaps they both should be regulars. I was very disappointed with Adam Armstrong though. I thought that, today against Championship opposition, he might show his Blackburn form but he looked as lost as he usually does nowadays.

Elyounoussi was a disappointment when he first arrived because we all had very high expectations for him. But nobody in that team was playing particularly well.

He’s clearly a good player. His pass to set up JWP for the final goal was great. And he was there for his goal, just like he was against Newcastle. And every prem game we’ve won this season he’s started.

Hope he’s going nowhere in January.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:05 - Jan 8 with 1031 viewsCity_boy

Looked like Obefemi still doesn't understand the off side rule since his move to Swansea.

I thought he was very average today. You would have thought he had a point to prove and would have put a top performance in. Saints did well to let him go. He was never a prem quality player
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:09 - Jan 8 with 1019 views1teeminants

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

I agree about Elyounouissi and Long who both played well and complimented each other. I feel a bit sorry for Adam Armstrong who was having to help out in defence and not for the first time this season. Stuart Armstrong is the one that concerns me. He just doesn’t look his normal self. Maybe the reports he is unsettled are true.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Jan 8 with 1003 viewsElijahK

Some decent performances today from some of the lads, others had an average game, whilst others were dreadful! As the likes of Prowse, Elynousie, Long all had a great game, with a few other decent performances like Redmond and Romeu, but some off days for the likes of Bednerak, Tella and such, but the likes of Valery was just stupid giving Obafemi that perfect opportunity to get him sent off, and it seems like Forster’s display against Spurs was a bit of a fluke as his distribution was terrible and why he had to parry the ball straight back to a Swansea player when most other keepers would just catch it, didn’t make sense whatsoever.
Still though, Ralph has shown once again to all those “Ralph out” lot of why he’s the man for the job and even when his tactics looks dodgy, they still do work. Certainly be interesting to see of who we get in the 4th round (little annoying we can’t get the skates and hammer them again!)
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 21:17]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Jan 8 with 971 viewsTimSaint

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 19:37 - Jan 8 by Mrangry25

Absolutely shocking this game, wtf is RH doin playing Valery he is c**p, Stephens not much better, Perroud clueless, our passing has been woeful, and bringing in Long ffs. Penalties are looming.

.....or perhaps a tactical master stroke ?

TimSaint

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Jan 8 with 934 viewsSadoldgit

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:09 - Jan 8 by 1teeminants

I agree about Elyounouissi and Long who both played well and complimented each other. I feel a bit sorry for Adam Armstrong who was having to help out in defence and not for the first time this season. Stuart Armstrong is the one that concerns me. He just doesn’t look his normal self. Maybe the reports he is unsettled are true.

I think he plays at his best when he is fully fit. He hasn’t played much football this season so is probably still working his way back. Someone elsewhere pointed out that he was playing well before the sending off but had to play deeper when JWP went to RB and wasn’t so effective.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Jan 8 with 937 viewssledger

I dont understand why the game wasnt switched to saint marys all the fans then get to see
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jan 9 with 632 viewsBerber

Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Jan 8 by Heisenberg

I missed the first booking but yes totally avoidable although Obafemi dived and as usual his first touch was terrible

His first booking was mainly down to shocking distribution from Forster. But the lad is a perpetual liability and not suited to the PL where awareness and concentration is required 100% of the time.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Jan 9 with 608 viewsSadoldgit

Not that it matters anymore, but having look at the sending off again several times this evening it looks like Valarie caught the back of his legs rather than the contact bringing him down ( or causing the dive) being the brush of the shoulder. Telling that no one complained and only Stuey seemed to be giving it some token dispute.
Swansea Game Matchday Thread on 23:47 - Jan 9 with 557 viewscotswoldsaint

Valery reminds me of another full back who played under Lawrie, think his name was Jack/John Sharpe, very quick and hugely talented but impetuous and often caught out of position. Never really got a run in the first team and Yan is heading the same way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024