Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow 19:14 - Feb 8 with 23571 views100notout

just seen this on twitter - I wish they'd publicise it more and sooner I'm sure that people will want to watch but might not know.

Spread the word.

May be a coincidence but just had an email confirming ifollow available - good move but should have been sent 12/24 hours earlier
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 19:32]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:08 - Feb 8 with 2248 views1907

We are now deep in the mire.

The minute Downing went off, it was so predictable what was going to come & it took little over sixty seconds to happen.

If Downing isn’t available, then there is absolutely no benefit to playing with three centre half’s, because McNulty, Taylor & Graham are all nothing but liabilities.

I’m sorry Robbie but it’s time to change the system, you will never have patience from a set of supporters like you’ve had from us, but patience is now wearing thin.

What we’re doing isn’t working. The proof is in the pudding. And with Oldham resurgent, pretty much every other team below is capable of winning, things need to change on Saturday.

The new lads have had a couple of weeks to get up to speed now, it’s time to go out all out on Saturday and put a marker down.

We used to have something called “No Fear” here, this is what the situation now calls for.

On a positive - Ball was brilliant, exactly what we’ve been missing & how refreshing is it to have a bit of a bastard in the team?
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:09 - Feb 8 with 2223 viewsEllDale

This is the big test for RS, with or without the mentoring skills of Sammy Lee.
Will be a long coach ride back for all concerned.
There are now some genuine six pointers coming up in the next few weeks.
Just hope that the confidence of some of the younger players eg Taylor, Broadbent isn’t completely shot.
I know that it may unbalance things but is there a case, if Downing isn’t fit on Saturday, of giving McNulty a run in defence?
And get Newby partnered with O’Keeffe on the right again.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:10 - Feb 8 with 2198 viewsNewbury_Dale

The manager has had a free hit this season with the fans' focus being on the hostile takeover. I am starting to worry for our league status. And if you look at the money in the Conference just now, relegation would be catastrophic.

Saturdays game is huge. The board need to ensure that the game is on. No excuses, cover the pitch with whatever is needed.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:11 - Feb 8 with 2170 views1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:09 - Feb 8 by EllDale

This is the big test for RS, with or without the mentoring skills of Sammy Lee.
Will be a long coach ride back for all concerned.
There are now some genuine six pointers coming up in the next few weeks.
Just hope that the confidence of some of the younger players eg Taylor, Broadbent isn’t completely shot.
I know that it may unbalance things but is there a case, if Downing isn’t fit on Saturday, of giving McNulty a run in defence?
And get Newby partnered with O’Keeffe on the right again.

Or how about not playing McNulty and maybe playing the two strikers we’ve just spent a sh1t load of money on???

We’ve spent a long time in this division, we’ve never been promoted from it playing negative, dull, shot shy football such as this.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:12 - Feb 8 with 2139 viewsSandyDrum

Taylor simply can’t take is place on the pitch as a Rochdale player after tonight.

He’s had his chance after the dreadful mistakes earlier in the season, but after tonight, that’s simply enough. I’d rather see McNulty on the pitch.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:14 - Feb 8 with 2086 viewsswiggy

Is it good news that we play teams below is in the next few games, I’m not so sure. Played OK tonight but no resilience and mistakes cost us. We have historically played better against “better” teams but seem to descend to the level of teams below, an example being Oldham at home this year when it was embarrassing. I’m genuinely worried that this year will be our last in the Football League, we do not seem capable of putting together 90 minutes of decent play. I hope RS was serious when he said he has landed his transfer window targets but now is the time to deliver, we need to win at least 4 out of the next 6 to justify the rhetoric. Off the pitch the club is pulling together, but we need a team on the pitch or what’s the point?
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:18 - Feb 8 with 2029 views49thseason

Disappointing to take the lead and then lose, but FGR are not clear at the top of the table for nothing, they have power, pace, presence and plenty of ability, without Downing we were always going to be under the cosh.
Although we played some decent approach football, we never looked threatening around the penalty area. Colemans howler was awful and you could see the players heads go down. I expected little from this game and my expectations were fulfilled.

19 games to go, 11 at home and I reckon we need 25-30 points to claim that Stockdale has kept us up. 4 or 5 points from our 2 or 3 games in hand on teams in the bottom half and we will be comfortably mid-table. The impossible promotion dream has gone. It was ever only a dream with so many new players. The summer cant come soon enough but then there is another load of business to be done. The summer can't come soon enough but then there is another load of business to be done..... And we still need a proper goal scorer.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:18 - Feb 8 with 2027 viewsNewbury_Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:12 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

Taylor simply can’t take is place on the pitch as a Rochdale player after tonight.

He’s had his chance after the dreadful mistakes earlier in the season, but after tonight, that’s simply enough. I’d rather see McNulty on the pitch.

Armstrong absolutely terrorised McNulty at Harrogate on the opening day. I wouldn't want McNulty selected on Saturday for that reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:20 - Feb 8 with 1987 viewsD_Alien

I think people are over-reacting again, and we can all look at the table

We've just given the league leaders a really tough game at their place. They're a well-drilled machine and but for Downing's injury we might well have turned them over

Of course we need to start picking up wins, especially at home, but now is not the time to start panicking. Talk of patience wearing thin with RS is out of order imo. He needs our support, not people having a paddy because he failed to clap them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:21 - Feb 8 with 1996 viewsSandyDrum

Well after seeing the 20 minutes of shite Taylor just put in for us id rather we played with 10 men then. An absolute disaster waiting to happen.

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:22 - Feb 8 with 1973 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:20 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

We've just given the league leaders a really tough game at their place. They're a well-drilled machine and but for Downing's injury we might well have turned them over

Of course we need to start picking up wins, especially at home, but now is not the time to start panicking. Talk of patience wearing thin with RS is out of order imo. He needs our support, not people having a paddy because he failed to clap them

Travel 3 hours to a game on a Tuesday after some fans have travelled 5 hours the week before and watch the leader of the team scurry down the tunnel without even a moment’s hesitation for the fans travelling to the game on their own money and time and then I DARE you to remain calm and not ‘have a paddy’.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:23]

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:25 - Feb 8 with 1947 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:12 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

It's a sad state of affairs when we are pleading for Big Jim to start, a player who whilst a loyal Club member, is long past his best and here as a supporting coach.

I hope RS looks at the League Table tonight (unlike BBM last season) and sees we are approaching the soft and smelly stuff. Yes, we have strengthened in the Transfer window but so has everyone else.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:25 - Feb 8 with 1933 viewsD_Alien

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:22 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

Travel 3 hours to a game on a Tuesday after some fans have travelled 5 hours the week before and watch the leader of the team scurry down the tunnel without even a moment’s hesitation for the fans travelling to the game on their own money and time and then I DARE you to remain calm and not ‘have a paddy’.

I don't go to away games expecting applause from the manager, win lose or draw

I go to support the team. I dare you to do that and not expect congratulations

[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:26]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:28 - Feb 8 with 1902 viewsShun

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 21:01 - Feb 8 by dawlishdale

Its almost as if you're fed up of yet another ridiculous question !!

I can only recall 7.

Why was that a ridiculous question?
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:32 - Feb 8 with 1855 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:25 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

I don't go to away games expecting applause from the manager, win lose or draw

I go to support the team. I dare you to do that and not expect congratulations

[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:26]

Listen, I’ve been on this forum for years and always respected your opinion.

I do not go to away games expensive applause or congratulating. What I do expect is a little respect, which was not given tonight, by any players apart from Campbell and Dorsett.

It’s a 2 way street.

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:34 - Feb 8 with 1836 views442Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:18 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

Disappointing to take the lead and then lose, but FGR are not clear at the top of the table for nothing, they have power, pace, presence and plenty of ability, without Downing we were always going to be under the cosh.
Although we played some decent approach football, we never looked threatening around the penalty area. Colemans howler was awful and you could see the players heads go down. I expected little from this game and my expectations were fulfilled.

19 games to go, 11 at home and I reckon we need 25-30 points to claim that Stockdale has kept us up. 4 or 5 points from our 2 or 3 games in hand on teams in the bottom half and we will be comfortably mid-table. The impossible promotion dream has gone. It was ever only a dream with so many new players. The summer cant come soon enough but then there is another load of business to be done. The summer can't come soon enough but then there is another load of business to be done..... And we still need a proper goal scorer.

The last point is impossible to say right now until Charman and Campbell get a run of games. Just like Beesley did.

Main thing now is to get a victory. It doesn’t matter how. Then reassess.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:35 - Feb 8 with 1815 viewsdawlishdale

If our starting defence isn't fit on Saturday, then we mustn't play any of the three other centre halfs who have sadly proved to be not good enough.

Time to play 2 up front, and let the opposition worry about us.

Campbell looked lost on his own tonight, and was replaced by an equally isolated Charman. It isn't fair on either of them for fans to see them having to play against 2 or three defenders.

I'd consider resting Coleman who is decidedly dodgy, and has been for most of the season. Can't recall who but only one poster has consistently praised him.

Kelly must be more accurate with the ball. Its obvious that he is very talented, but has to use it better.

Grant needs to man up a bit, and become the good player we see in patches.

We are lucky to still have a team to support after Bottomleys behaviour of last summer, and I would have taken our position now at the start of the season...but we are guilty of making things much harder than they should be.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:39 - Feb 8 with 1733 views49thseason

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:22 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

When you have watched Rochdale for over 60 seasons you will eventually learn some harsh but essential lessons, The main one is not to be surprised when they let you down, this is hard at first but it actually makes the better days all the sweeter. In almost every season I have witnessed we have probably lost many more games than won, eventually you get used to it, and you will then learn not to traipse all over the country in search of disappointment. Pick you games, spend a bit more money on your own team at home and stop supporting the finances of other clubs and elements of the transport system. Don't get me wrong , I love your enthusiasm but it is only football after all, it's not really life or death.
If Stockdale scurried off he probably had other things going round in his head mainly perhaps to see how Downing is or maybe a serious discussion with Coleman or Taylor. I doubt he did it on purpose.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:40 - Feb 8 with 1723 viewsTVOS1907

I know you were there, SD, because you appeared on my PC monitor at one point, but at the end of the game, the manager wasn't scurrying off down the tunnel.

He was still on the field, in the other half of the pitch to the tunnel and closer to the away fans than the dugouts while the feed from I Foller was still running.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:40 - Feb 8 with 1724 viewsswiggy

Prediction RS tonight “we played top of league and nearly got something but for (as per usual) individual mistakes (copyright K Hill). What he forgets is we also play bottom of the league teams and lose on a regular basis, by that I mean every time, these teams must be wishing they played us every week. I’ve watched games at Spotland when I’ve been shouting at the ref and the opposition players to get on with the game while they lie on the floor and feign injury/ cramp: headache/ my mums died just to slow the game down. I don’t agree with it but it works, stops momentum and wins games, tonight we were naive and lost the game because we have no game management skills and give the initiative away regularly. I’m completely disillusioned
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:40 - Feb 8 with 1718 views442Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:32 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

Listen, I’ve been on this forum for years and always respected your opinion.

I do not go to away games expensive applause or congratulating. What I do expect is a little respect, which was not given tonight, by any players apart from Campbell and Dorsett.

It’s a 2 way street.

Wasn’t actively looking but Done was clapping fans as I turned ifollow feed off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:41 - Feb 8 with 1712 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:39 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

When you have watched Rochdale for over 60 seasons you will eventually learn some harsh but essential lessons, The main one is not to be surprised when they let you down, this is hard at first but it actually makes the better days all the sweeter. In almost every season I have witnessed we have probably lost many more games than won, eventually you get used to it, and you will then learn not to traipse all over the country in search of disappointment. Pick you games, spend a bit more money on your own team at home and stop supporting the finances of other clubs and elements of the transport system. Don't get me wrong , I love your enthusiasm but it is only football after all, it's not really life or death.
If Stockdale scurried off he probably had other things going round in his head mainly perhaps to see how Downing is or maybe a serious discussion with Coleman or Taylor. I doubt he did it on purpose.

Hello mate.

I’m actually 29 years old have been going home and anyway to Dale matched since I was 8.
That’s over 2 decades as a Rochdale season ticket holder

Please do not patronise me, or even try to. Thank you.

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:41 - Feb 8 with 1709 views1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:20 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

Overreacting because we are now 5 points above the relegation places following 1 league win in 12 games.

It’s February, games are coming thick and fast and we are approaching the back end of the season.

Stockdale has been backed to the hilt, we’re still seeing ridiculous mistakes week in week out & teams below us are now on the March.

People are rightly concerned, because what we’re being served on the pitch is not inline with the game Stockdale talks.

Stockdale must have one of the worst win ratios as a manager we’ve ever had. Now I’m not stupid enough to not understand there has been plenty going on in the background to affect things, but if we are incapable of winning games, then everything else we’re doing as a club is pretty fooking irrelevant.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:42 - Feb 8 with 1686 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:25 - Feb 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's a sad state of affairs when we are pleading for Big Jim to start, a player who whilst a loyal Club member, is long past his best and here as a supporting coach.

I hope RS looks at the League Table tonight (unlike BBM last season) and sees we are approaching the soft and smelly stuff. Yes, we have strengthened in the Transfer window but so has everyone else.

Walsall have just lost their seventh consecutive match; Scunthorpe beat them tonight to end their own run of seven consecutive defeats; Carlisle have just lost their fourth match in succession.

While our own form is poor and worrying, at least try to use facts to support an argument.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:43 - Feb 8 with 1679 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:40 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

I know you were there, SD, because you appeared on my PC monitor at one point, but at the end of the game, the manager wasn't scurrying off down the tunnel.

He was still on the field, in the other half of the pitch to the tunnel and closer to the away fans than the dugouts while the feed from I Foller was still running.

I’ll blame the 7th pint of Estrella if that’s the case.
Just enjoying a bit of fun :)

Hope you enjoyed my bald head either way!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024