Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow 19:14 - Feb 8 with 23592 views100notout

just seen this on twitter - I wish they'd publicise it more and sooner I'm sure that people will want to watch but might not know.

Spread the word.

May be a coincidence but just had an email confirming ifollow available - good move but should have been sent 12/24 hours earlier
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 19:32]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:43 - Feb 8 with 2198 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:28 - Feb 8 by Shun

Why was that a ridiculous question?

It wasn't, but DD was being a little devious, I reckon.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:47 - Feb 8 with 2173 views_Windydale

Cannot imagine the manager blanked the fans on purpose Sandydrum, he's probably got lots on his mind and he's also had a decent result snatched from his grasp and probably fuming.
If it was a regular thing, then maybe but get off your high horse and give the fella some slack. He's as disappointed as us. Fans shouldn't need their belly tickled after every game. Although truth be told, haven't travelled 400 miles, I watched it on my PC with a few beers so I'm probably not as emotional.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:50]
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:47 - Feb 8 with 2169 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:39 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

When you have watched Rochdale for over 60 seasons you will eventually learn some harsh but essential lessons, The main one is not to be surprised when they let you down, this is hard at first but it actually makes the better days all the sweeter. In almost every season I have witnessed we have probably lost many more games than won, eventually you get used to it, and you will then learn not to traipse all over the country in search of disappointment. Pick you games, spend a bit more money on your own team at home and stop supporting the finances of other clubs and elements of the transport system. Don't get me wrong , I love your enthusiasm but it is only football after all, it's not really life or death.
If Stockdale scurried off he probably had other things going round in his head mainly perhaps to see how Downing is or maybe a serious discussion with Coleman or Taylor. I doubt he did it on purpose.

Why should SandyDrum or anyone else "not traipse all over the country in search of disappointment"?

Surely it's up to him how he spends his money.

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:48 - Feb 8 with 2146 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:43 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

I’ll blame the 7th pint of Estrella if that’s the case.
Just enjoying a bit of fun :)

Hope you enjoyed my bald head either way!

It's a good job I've got a widescreen monitor!

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:50 - Feb 8 with 2133 views1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:42 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

Walsall have just lost their seventh consecutive match; Scunthorpe beat them tonight to end their own run of seven consecutive defeats; Carlisle have just lost their fourth match in succession.

While our own form is poor and worrying, at least try to use facts to support an argument.

Have to disagree with you here TVOS when Oldham have just gained 5 points on us in 4 days.

We are very much on a downward trajectory, seemingly incapable of possessing the nous to win games.

Fate very much dealt us a sh1t card with the Downing injury tonight but it’s just same sh1t different game.

It’s time for serious change for me. Formation, tactics, personnel.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:50 - Feb 8 with 2133 viewsD_Alien

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:32 - Feb 8 by SandyDrum

Listen, I’ve been on this forum for years and always respected your opinion.

I do not go to away games expensive applause or congratulating. What I do expect is a little respect, which was not given tonight, by any players apart from Campbell and Dorsett.

It’s a 2 way street.

But it's not disrepectful for them to feel so gutted that they just want to get the tunnel, it's human

Have a think about how they were feeling at the final whistle before taking umbrage for no good reason

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:51 - Feb 8 with 2115 viewsBazzanne

I think every team has got us worked out now. They know we will try to walk the ball in instead of taking a shot. We are a fairly easy target.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:52 - Feb 8 with 2090 viewswelshdale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:47 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

Why should SandyDrum or anyone else "not traipse all over the country in search of disappointment"?

FGR Manager post match interview - our league position is false, we are a really good well coached side. Interesting viewpoint, is this side BBM mark 2 outsiders think we are great but in reality we are toothless at times and easy to beat

It’s been too long of “playing the right way” over points

Pressure is on
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:53 - Feb 8 with 2078 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:50 - Feb 8 by 1907

Have to disagree with you here TVOS when Oldham have just gained 5 points on us in 4 days.

We are very much on a downward trajectory, seemingly incapable of possessing the nous to win games.

Fate very much dealt us a sh1t card with the Downing injury tonight but it’s just same sh1t different game.

It’s time for serious change for me. Formation, tactics, personnel.

Oh no, I largely agree with you and your other post too, but YD's typically negative claim that "everyone else has strengthened" is only really backed up by the results of Oldham and Colchester (who still lost tonight).

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:53 - Feb 8 with 2081 views_Windydale

I'm concerned but not worried..........yet!
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:54 - Feb 8 with 2071 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:50 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

But it's not disrepectful for them to feel so gutted that they just want to get the tunnel, it's human

Have a think about how they were feeling at the final whistle before taking umbrage for no good reason

That’s fair and I may have been having a little bit of fun to soften the blow of the result.

End of the day, we’re all Dale fans entitled to our opinions even if they make us look a little silly.
All good fun!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:54 - Feb 8 with 2073 views442Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:47 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

And why does the amount of seasons someone has been a fan matter?

We all make choices around attending games at various stages and ages, each to their own.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:56 - Feb 8 with 2042 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:40 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

Wasn’t actively looking but Done was clapping fans as I turned ifollow feed off.

How noble of him.......so he should.
Has n't kicked a ball in anger tonight and barely contributed to a mediocre season.

If I was him, I would bow down on my knees and thank the fans and the Club for a magnificent contract extention.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:57 - Feb 8 with 2042 viewsD_Alien

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:41 - Feb 8 by 1907

Overreacting because we are now 5 points above the relegation places following 1 league win in 12 games.

It’s February, games are coming thick and fast and we are approaching the back end of the season.

Stockdale has been backed to the hilt, we’re still seeing ridiculous mistakes week in week out & teams below us are now on the March.

People are rightly concerned, because what we’re being served on the pitch is not inline with the game Stockdale talks.

Stockdale must have one of the worst win ratios as a manager we’ve ever had. Now I’m not stupid enough to not understand there has been plenty going on in the background to affect things, but if we are incapable of winning games, then everything else we’re doing as a club is pretty fooking irrelevant.

Except it's not irrelevant, is it?

The club and it's fans are taking the fight back to the hostile takeover bidders precisely so we can go the top of the table team, play pretty well and eventually lose out. That's sport. If people fail to understand that salient point, there's not much else can be said

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:59 - Feb 8 with 2020 viewsboromat

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:00 - Feb 8 with 2016 views1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:53 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

Oh no, I largely agree with you and your other post too, but YD's typically negative claim that "everyone else has strengthened" is only really backed up by the results of Oldham and Colchester (who still lost tonight).

Ah fair one.

The Shezerection is unfortunately in full swing and that win for Scunthorpe is highly unwanted.

I’m still confident we wouldn’t go down, but being involved in a relegation battle is the last thing we need.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:01 - Feb 8 with 2001 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:05 - Feb 8 with 1961 views442Dale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:56 - Feb 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

How noble of him.......so he should.
Has n't kicked a ball in anger tonight and barely contributed to a mediocre season.

If I was him, I would bow down on my knees and thank the fans and the Club for a magnificent contract extention.

And I’d just show some respect to someone who, while he may not be anywhere near the player he was, has always given his all for the football club.

While we are here, presumably there are some facts to back up the word “magnificent”?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:06 - Feb 8 with 1943 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:00 - Feb 8 by 1907

Ah fair one.

The Shezerection is unfortunately in full swing and that win for Scunthorpe is highly unwanted.

I’m still confident we wouldn’t go down, but being involved in a relegation battle is the last thing we need.

Absolutely.

As Shun says, we need two wins in the next two games, ahead a home double header v Port Vale and Northampton (although we beat them both away).

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:07 - Feb 8 with 1937 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:05 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

And I’d just show some respect to someone who, while he may not be anywhere near the player he was, has always given his all for the football club.

While we are here, presumably there are some facts to back up the word “magnificent”?

You're wasting your time.

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:08 - Feb 8 with 1923 viewsRotherhamDale

On a positive note, James Ball appears to be a complete shithouse and was giving FGR's players some grief. Good to see

Possession with progression.

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:11 - Feb 8 with 1884 viewsD_Alien

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:08 - Feb 8 by RotherhamDale

On a positive note, James Ball appears to be a complete shithouse and was giving FGR's players some grief. Good to see

If we lose O'Connell in the summer, i reckon we have a ready-made captain in Ball

I expect he'll start having an influence on what's going on around him well before then

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:20 - Feb 8 with 1843 views_Windydale

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:08 - Feb 8 by RotherhamDale

Yes, he showed some steel and I imagine Robbie asked him to mix it up a bit, as being ugly is what we have been missing the first half of the season.
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:45 - Feb 8 with 1742 viewsShun

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 22:20 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

I think people are over-reacting again, and we can all look at the table

We've just given the league leaders a really tough game at their place. They're a well-drilled machine and but for Downing's injury we might well have turned them over

Of course we need to start picking up wins, especially at home, but now is not the time to start panicking. Talk of patience wearing thin with RS is out of order imo. He needs our support, not people having a paddy because he failed to clap them

I’m of much the same opinion, DA. I’m not for one minute worried we’ll go down. I always think that goal difference is a good marker for where a team is at, and ours is a lot better than others’ around us.

We’re very much a team in transition, with a new board, manager, and a lot of new players. And, as expected, we’ve had some awful performances, some average ones, and some very good ones. It may be the perennial optimist in me but I will say I’m quietly excited about next season (in L2, not the NL).

With regards to Stockdale applause debate, I think it is poor form from him not even to acknowledge the fans, but there are a lot bigger things to be concerned about. SandyDrum - I fully admire your dedication, there’s no way I’d be making two winter midweek games across the country like you’ve done!
Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:56 - Feb 8 with 1705 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread Forest Green / Watch the match tonight on ifollow on 23:45 - Feb 8 by Shun

I’m of much the same opinion, DA. I’m not for one minute worried we’ll go down. I always think that goal difference is a good marker for where a team is at, and ours is a lot better than others’ around us.

We’re very much a team in transition, with a new board, manager, and a lot of new players. And, as expected, we’ve had some awful performances, some average ones, and some very good ones. It may be the perennial optimist in me but I will say I’m quietly excited about next season (in L2, not the NL).

With regards to Stockdale applause debate, I think it is poor form from him not even to acknowledge the fans, but there are a lot bigger things to be concerned about. SandyDrum - I fully admire your dedication, there’s no way I’d be making two winter midweek games across the country like you’ve done!

To be honest Shun, I was mainly just having a little bit of a fun which reading back looks in very poor taste and has made me look a little silly which I will be the first to admit.

Granted I’m still not impressed by, but his job is to manage the players not to clap the fans. As long as we start getting results he can walk off the pitch flicking the bird at the fans for all I care.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024