Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another manager could get so much more from them 21:44 - Feb 9 with 7700 viewsSaintsforeverj

I said Ralph would thrive under the new owners. Just watch that man on the.pitch after game - passionate, emotional and wonderful.

And with the lowest net spend? Can the Ralph doubters see it yet?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 21:46]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 21:47 - Feb 9 with 3922 viewsBicester_North

Some proper fire in their bellies tonight and absolute quality across midfield, superb to see

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Another manager could get so much more from them on 21:58 - Feb 9 with 3862 viewsdarthvader

So happy with Ralph . And for him

keep the faith coyr

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:00 - Feb 9 with 3837 viewsTripleNiemi

Not once have i been in the Ralph out camp - too easy to keep tössing off managers. Yes, there will be more lows as there will highs but 'stability' is something i want to see.

Well done Ralph, the team and the away support tonight. Gutted they put on an extra train as i would have fcuking gone

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:09 - Feb 9 with 3792 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:00 - Feb 9 by TripleNiemi

Not once have i been in the Ralph out camp - too easy to keep tössing off managers. Yes, there will be more lows as there will highs but 'stability' is something i want to see.

Well done Ralph, the team and the away support tonight. Gutted they put on an extra train as i would have fcuking gone

It's interesting how a few of the Ralph moaners, only appear on here after a defeat, demanding Rafa the gaffer or Fat Sam. Can't they see, that without any money to spend, and even with money to spend, it doesn't get much better than this at Southampton, watching us beat Spurs on their own pitch, stopping Man City twice and so.on. I have watched Saints for half a decade, I know a decent manager when I watch the team.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:11]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:22 - Feb 9 with 3729 viewsRednWight

The only thing missing from Ralph tonight was he didn’t go over and flatten that little pr1ck Conte when he was having a hissie fit

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 3698 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:09 - Feb 9 by Saintsforeverj

It's interesting how a few of the Ralph moaners, only appear on here after a defeat, demanding Rafa the gaffer or Fat Sam. Can't they see, that without any money to spend, and even with money to spend, it doesn't get much better than this at Southampton, watching us beat Spurs on their own pitch, stopping Man City twice and so.on. I have watched Saints for half a decade, I know a decent manager when I watch the team.

Hassenhüttl picked the right formation and the right players in positions they are comfortable in.
Well done to him and the players tonight.
Excellent all round.
Long may it continue.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:32 - Feb 9 with 3686 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:09 - Feb 9 by Saintsforeverj

Rafa and Fat Sam really show me anyone that said that! I would of taken Howe.

2 good results does not mask pretty much the whole of 2021.

Ive said it many times on here - Ralph is either on a hot or freezing cold run. Theres no in between. Things are good at the moment and long may it continue.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:35 - Feb 9 with 3676 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:26 - Feb 9 by saintwizzler

Hassenhüttl picked the right formation and the right players in positions they are comfortable in.
Well done to him and the players tonight.
Excellent all round.
Long may it continue.

Yep and he motivates this team with his passion, enthusiasm and care for Southampton FC. That was one of the most accomplished, passionate performances I have seen Saints play. And there is.more to come from Ralph's Southampton, now that his hands arent tied behind his back. Long may it continue indeed.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:36]

Login to get fewer ads

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:38 - Feb 9 with 3659 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:32 - Feb 9 by Butty101

Rafa and Fat Sam really show me anyone that said that! I would of taken Howe.

2 good results does not mask pretty much the whole of 2021.

Ive said it many times on here - Ralph is either on a hot or freezing cold run. Theres no in between. Things are good at the moment and long may it continue.

Beating Spurs on their own pitch is pretty dam hot, so yes I accept a few rainy days for the great days. And the rainy days will disappear, if Ralph is given proper resources to build this team further. We will keep climbing the league, even with the lowest net spend. Ralph will outdo all the other managers mentioned, having spent a lot less.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:39]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:47 - Feb 9 with 3636 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ralph is clearly one Saints best ever managers. Without a f@cking doubt.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:59 - Feb 9 with 3611 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:47 - Feb 9 by Southamptonfan

Ralph is clearly one Saints best ever managers. Without a f@cking doubt.

Not even top 6 - he needs to get us to a cupfinal
Lawire,
Bates
Koeman
Poch
Strachan
Puel

Another manager could get so much more from them on 23:20 - Feb 9 with 3579 viewsBicester_North

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:59 - Feb 9 by Butty101

Lawire,
Bates
Koeman
Poch
Strachan
Puel

I’d have him above Puel just for the number of good times. Puel’s season where we finished 8th we got less points than when we finished 11th under RH.

Yes the cup run was great but the league season a chore

Another manager could get so much more from them on 23:42 - Feb 9 with 3540 viewsSadoldgit

Lawire,
Bates
Koeman
Poch
Strachan
Puel

Ralph has arguably got more out of less. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with some of the players those managers had. I would have him over Strachan and Puel. Probably over Koeman too. If he manages to keep this form going I’d say Poch as well. Bates and Lawrie are proper legends but if we win something with Ralph then he is nailed on top 3 for me.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 06:29 - Feb 10 with 3455 viewsTripleNiemi

Lawire,
Bates
Koeman
Poch
Strachan
Puel

Puel should generate some debate........
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 6:30]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Another manager could get so much more from them on 06:41 - Feb 10 with 3441 viewsBicester_North

Another manager could get so much more from them on 23:42 - Feb 9 by Sadoldgit

Ralph has arguably got more out of less. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with some of the players those managers had. I would have him over Strachan and Puel. Probably over Koeman too. If he manages to keep this form going I’d say Poch as well. Bates and Lawrie are proper legends but if we win something with Ralph then he is nailed on top 3 for me.

You rate “poch” over Koeman?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:03 - Feb 10 with 3299 viewsChesham_Saint

Half a decade? Ooh. I had you pegged as a bit of an old timer, not a JCL!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:06 - Feb 10 with 3295 viewsChesham_Saint

Lawire,
Bates
Koeman
Poch
Strachan
Puel

What, like Bates, Koeman & Pochettino did?

And no mention of Nichol, under whom we played some great stuff…?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:41 - Feb 10 with 3270 viewssaints__fan__73

Another manager could get so much more from them on 06:41 - Feb 10 by Bicester_North

You rate “poch” over Koeman?

Yes. One is managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. The other is unemployed.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:50 - Feb 10 with 3247 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:06 - Feb 10 by Chesham_Saint

What, like Bates, Koeman & Pochettino did?

And no mention of Nichol, under whom we played some great stuff…?

Nichol basically lived off the back of Lawrie's work. The youth system went into terminal decline on his watch.

Bates established the club and Poch and Koeman had very respectable league seasons.

The most disappointing thing under Ralph was last seasons cup semi it was so timid it was truly awful.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:34 - Feb 10 with 3209 viewsdirk_doone

We were lucky to get Ralph but in some ways he was unlucky to get us. He inherited one of the weakest top flight squads we'd ever had. We were in the bottom 3, looking certain to be relegated under Mark Hughes and there was less money available to rebuild than at almost any other club in the league. He probably would have done at least as well as Klopp and Guardiola had he been at Liverpool or Man City. He did the double twice in Austria and took newly-promoted RB Leipzig to runners-up spot in their first season in the Bundesliga.

I really hope we see him holding the FA Cup aloft at Wembley in May.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 11:42]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:38 - Feb 10 with 3157 viewsRon11

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:35 - Feb 9 by Saintsforeverj

Yep and he motivates this team with his passion, enthusiasm and care for Southampton FC. That was one of the most accomplished, passionate performances I have seen Saints play. And there is.more to come from Ralph's Southampton, now that his hands arent tied behind his back. Long may it continue indeed.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:36]

The departure of Gao seems to have been the key that has set Ralph free.
Salisu was outstanding last night (as they all were) and he's still there because a 40 million offer for him from Newcastle was apparently rejected out of hand by the new owners.
Surely this inspires the players and manager when they finally see people with ambition running the club instead of some anonymous cash withdrawal facility.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 13:40 - Feb 10 with 3104 viewsBicester_North

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:41 - Feb 10 by saints__fan__73

Yes. One is managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. The other is unemployed.

While they were manager of saints I mean.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:32 - Feb 10 with 2980 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:03 - Feb 10 by Chesham_Saint

Half a decade? Ooh. I had you pegged as a bit of an old timer, not a JCL!

Edit: more like half a century than half a decade! Typo!!!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 16:32]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:38 - Feb 10 with 2970 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:38 - Feb 10 by Ron11

The departure of Gao seems to have been the key that has set Ralph free.
Salisu was outstanding last night (as they all were) and he's still there because a 40 million offer for him from Newcastle was apparently rejected out of hand by the new owners.
Surely this inspires the players and manager when they finally see people with ambition running the club instead of some anonymous cash withdrawal facility.

Totally agree. In my opinion, it always was the previous ownership that was holding Ralph back (must sell to buy, no money, debt, gloom and doom, trying to sell etc). It didn't matter who was manager, it was just almost impossible. We will see a proper Ralph team now that we are as you put it, inspired by owners with ambition.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 16:39]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 21:10 - Feb 10 with 2842 viewsKennington

Hugely encouraging and the new owner effect is incredibly positive. With a bit of money in the transfer fund then let’s see where Ralph can take us.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024