Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 109398 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 3912 viewsdmm

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:37 - Feb 22 by Superhoop83

I assume that was before Johnson rushed out of the chamber when Chris Bryant asked him to correct the lie he had just told about Abramovich having been sanctioned?

Indeed. This is going to be uncomfortable for Johnson and Tories with the huge sums of Russian money they've gleefully accepted in recent years and Russian interference in UK elections.

But the Tories will no doubt sail through that somehow. The rich elite almost always do. "Commies" and Tories hand in hand eh? Whatever next?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:51 - Feb 23 with 3596 viewsLazyFan

I don't understand. If a Party got money from Russians in the past they would be investigated for spying. And called Commies.

Now it seems that this is all okay.
But that is Wino Tories for ya!

zzzzzzzzzz

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:58 - Feb 23 with 3563 viewsDWQPR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:51 - Feb 23 by LazyFan

I don't understand. If a Party got money from Russians in the past they would be investigated for spying. And called Commies.

Now it seems that this is all okay.
But that is Wino Tories for ya!

Because they’ve been too worried about the Chinese. Anyway, I wouldn’t call the Russian regime communist. Fascist most definitely. But then I’ve always believed that the political spectrum has never been a line between left and right but more a circle where the two extremes of left and right sit comfortably together.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:11 - Feb 23 with 3547 viewsPaddyhoops

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:01 - Feb 23 by izlingtonhoop

I've had it up to here,
With yer verbal diarrhoea,
You pow er crazy bleeders...

Liz Truss asking for English clubs to boycoot Petersburg final.
She'll be handing back her Party's Russian doners cheques then?
For balance they donate to Labour party as well!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:46 - Feb 23 with 3472 viewsDamo1962

Why the sudden interest in these gobshites now? They've been here for years,and Govt has taken no notice of them or where there money came from. Posturing from politicians who have enough to be getting on with in these Islands.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:05 - Feb 23 with 3407 viewsjohncharles

Reason to be cheerful
Trump is NOT President

Strong and stable my arse.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:55 - Feb 24 with 3297 viewsPaddyhoops

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:05 - Feb 23 by johncharles

Reason to be cheerful
Trump is NOT President

Time for a sporting boycott??
Oh hang on, FIFA and the IOC.
Can't see it happening.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:05 - Feb 24 with 3270 viewsDaBurgh

Yep sanctions, boycotts, whatever we can do.
Just like we have done with Saudi Arabia for bombing the crap out of Yemen. Wait.... What?
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:02 - Feb 24 with 3175 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:58 - Feb 23 by DWQPR

Because they’ve been too worried about the Chinese. Anyway, I wouldn’t call the Russian regime communist. Fascist most definitely. But then I’ve always believed that the political spectrum has never been a line between left and right but more a circle where the two extremes of left and right sit comfortably together.

In a thread about a conflict between Western backed Neo Nazis and aggressive Russian nationalists, somehow the Left still cop it.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:13 - Feb 24 with 3128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Perhaps we end all Party donations and lobbying? Let the state fund and regulate part finances?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:17 - Feb 24 with 3118 viewsBklynRanger

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:02 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

In a thread about a conflict between Western backed Neo Nazis and aggressive Russian nationalists, somehow the Left still cop it.

If you're characterising what's going on today in that way then you, never mind the left, would deserve to cop it.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:20 - Feb 24 with 3100 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:17 - Feb 24 by BklynRanger

If you're characterising what's going on today in that way then you, never mind the left, would deserve to cop it.

I’ve got the receipts mate. Happy to DM rather than pollute the forum.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:24 - Feb 24 with 3064 viewsBklynRanger

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:20 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve got the receipts mate. Happy to DM rather than pollute the forum.

I think it's a bit late for fears of pollution but feel free.

So that's 2 DMs I have to sort out - one to tabulate your receipts and another to enquire how to hide threads that threaten to quickly descend from issues of global importance into petty domestic navel gazing. I know all politics is local but sometimes it's a bit sad.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:26 - Feb 24 with 3052 viewsBostonR

We allowed the Russians to place chemical weapons in Salisbury with traces left over a large part of London and on commercial airlines. They murdered Litvinenko using a form of chemical weapon. We have also allowed them to undermine our democracy and they have almost bought the Tory Party.
All the while we did nothing and you have to ask why? The current government sit too close to Putin and his cronies. We have the technical wizardry via GCHQ to destroy large swathes of the Russian infrastructure using cyber warfare - we have done nothing.
This is a pivotal moment with history repeating itself. Putin is fecking deluded is threatening to use nuclear weapons - we have to stop this Russian mafia mob and do it quickly. Who next, Poland, the Baltic states or a unified Germany?
I hope the Ukranian army bogs his conscript army down and start sending young Russian boy's back to Moscow in body-bags. This morning, I fear for my grandchildren.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:31 - Feb 24 with 3021 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:24 - Feb 24 by BklynRanger

I think it's a bit late for fears of pollution but feel free.

So that's 2 DMs I have to sort out - one to tabulate your receipts and another to enquire how to hide threads that threaten to quickly descend from issues of global importance into petty domestic navel gazing. I know all politics is local but sometimes it's a bit sad.

On the latter, little red cross in the opening post.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:54 - Feb 24 with 2945 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.ft.com/content/cbc49009-d2b3-40da-9123-3c323f4aeb04

FWIW, had this recommended to me - Gideon Rachman in the FT.
This is an audio transcript of his latest podcast episode.

Any other/opposing recommendations welcome.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:54 - Feb 24 with 2945 viewsGloryHunter

If you want to scare yourselves, here's an interesting enactment of how Putin's war could pan out:

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 2886 viewsslmrstid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:54 - Feb 24 by GloryHunter

If you want to scare yourselves, here's an interesting enactment of how Putin's war could pan out:

Modern day Threads needed perhaps!

Very concerning news this morning, and more to the point where it might all lead.

We can't be far off 2 years to the day since the Corona thread started, is this the new one to stretch to hundreds of pages...? Eeek.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:43 - Feb 24 with 2831 viewsstevec

we’ve got far more important things to think about, like Boris’s parties, transgender rights and whether it’s still okay for a bloke to chat up a girl in the pub.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:50 - Feb 24 with 2798 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lets hope Ukraine does what the Finns did in '39 and '44.

I can't see that happening sadly.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 10:53]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 2726 viewsSonofpugwash

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:50 - Feb 24 by Metallica_Hoop

Lets hope Ukraine does what the Finns did in '39 and '44.

I can't see that happening sadly.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 10:53]

Well I don't know,it's one thing to "invade" a territory it's another thing to hold it as they found out in Afghanistan.Different territory and different tactics required though.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 2715 viewsBoston

Anyone know the correct mask for this one?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:16 - Feb 24 with 2688 viewsslmrstid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:05 - Feb 24 by Boston

Anyone know the correct mask for this one?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:55 - Feb 24 with 2538 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:26 - Feb 24 by BostonR

We allowed the Russians to place chemical weapons in Salisbury with traces left over a large part of London and on commercial airlines. They murdered Litvinenko using a form of chemical weapon. We have also allowed them to undermine our democracy and they have almost bought the Tory Party.
All the while we did nothing and you have to ask why? The current government sit too close to Putin and his cronies. We have the technical wizardry via GCHQ to destroy large swathes of the Russian infrastructure using cyber warfare - we have done nothing.
This is a pivotal moment with history repeating itself. Putin is fecking deluded is threatening to use nuclear weapons - we have to stop this Russian mafia mob and do it quickly. Who next, Poland, the Baltic states or a unified Germany?
I hope the Ukranian army bogs his conscript army down and start sending young Russian boy's back to Moscow in body-bags. This morning, I fear for my grandchildren.

What a ridiculous fear mongering post.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:13 - Feb 24 with 2475 viewsMatch82

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:03 - Feb 24 by Sonofpugwash

Well I don't know,it's one thing to "invade" a territory it's another thing to hold it as they found out in Afghanistan.Different territory and different tactics required though.

Seemed to work out OK with him with Crimea.
This war started in 2014 when the world just turned a blind eye to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024