Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread 09:16 - Apr 9 with 5843 viewsSaintNick

Can we condemn Chelsea to a third successive defeat

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:31 - Apr 9 with 1288 viewsNYC_Saint

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:18 - Apr 9 by Centurion

If we keep it down to 6 he might stay.
However, speculation that something awful has happened behind the scenes.

What is the speculation? Other than an asset strip what could cause this type of performance?
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:32 - Apr 9 with 1282 viewsCenturion

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:31 - Apr 9 by NYC_Saint

What is the speculation? Other than an asset strip what could cause this type of performance?

Yes, sorry I mean speculation by fans on this thread.

On another note looks bleak for Watford now as Leeds go two up.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:42 - Apr 9 with 1202 viewsCenturion

Watford 3 down...this could be the game that sees them sink.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Apr 9 with 1194 viewsA1079

Thursday 21st April away to Burnley could now be a very important game especially if Burnley have picked up more points between now and then. We are not out of this relegation race especially with those immediately below us winning today..
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:46 - Apr 9 with 1183 viewsCenturion

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Apr 9 by A1079

Thursday 21st April away to Burnley could now be a very important game especially if Burnley have picked up more points between now and then. We are not out of this relegation race especially with those immediately below us winning today..

Awful thought. I am getting the jitters.
Hope we beat Arsenal next week. If that happens then things will be OK.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:47 - Apr 9 with 1180 viewsdarthvader

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:30 - Apr 9 by darthvader

Wtf is going on ?

Is it time to play perraud on the left fgs . ?

Kwp is better at right back surely ?

We have been ripped apart wtf has happend since the west ham game ?

keep the faith coyr

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Apr 9 with 1144 viewsCenturion

6-0...not as bad as it could have been.

Hope we see a positive reaction when we play Arsenal next week.

I would take a dour goalless draw!
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Apr 9 with 1098 viewsElijahK

We’ll just gotten back from the game (left at the 60th minute when we went 6 down!) and just turned on the TV to thankfully see the score end at 6-0.

Today is mixture of poor performances off of everyone in that stadium, as even the stewards were appalling when that Chelsea idiot ran in the pitch at the 5th or 6th goal for them! But tactically it was soo poor, and yeah he’s brought on two defensive players and a youth one just to try and keep the score down (which it might have done to a slight degree), but ain’t good enough. Certain players mistakes and mispositioning cost us as well, as some of them were p*ss poor today! And how this had all occurred after we’ve played against a team that’s lost by quite a bit in both of their last two games with really poor results and have only had 2 days compared to our week!

At the end of the day we didn’t break any records and had the usual result that occurs every few months when one of the top 3 teams batter a lower one like 6-0 or so, just like Leeds and Watford had earlier in the season, which is due to a poor performance as well as the ridiculous gap between the two teams being too big!

But as it wasn’t another record breaking game, I don’t want Ralph gone (although if it has been another 9-0 or worse then I do think I’d of had enough, as there’s a difference between the odd results (which at the end of the day was against the champions of Europe, and even then after the last two 9-0 losses we actually started playing well again afterwards) to the record breaking ones!) and we ALWAYS have an amazing run followed by a poor one, which just levels themselves out at the end of the day, and I just don’t get how soo many are worried about us going down as I just can’t see it happening.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 16:58]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 1083 viewssaintwizzler

Chelsea didn’t break sweat, luckily.

Hassenhüttl has survived two 9-0 hammerings and the abysmal form of 2021.

He’ll be here till he gets a better offer.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 1083 viewsBison

Ralf is great , I'd give him a contract for life. Any other manager we could afford would be a downgrade.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Apr 9 with 1053 viewssaint68

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Apr 9 by Bison

Ralf is great , I'd give him a contract for life. Any other manager we could afford would be a downgrade.

Think you're gonna have to submit a drink and drugs test for that statement Bison 😂

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Apr 9 with 1029 viewsRon11

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Apr 9 by saintwizzler

Chelsea didn’t break sweat, luckily.

Hassenhüttl has survived two 9-0 hammerings and the abysmal form of 2021.

He’ll be here till he gets a better offer.

Better offer...
From who, Dover?
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Apr 9 with 934 viewssaintwizzler

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Apr 9 by Ron11

Better offer...
From who, Dover?

Well apparently he’s doing a good job so there must be interested parties.
We’ve stayed up and got to a Quarter Final.
Last year we got to a Semi Final!!

I was called a troll on here when I ranted about him after the Wolves defeat.
That was before the Villa, Newcastle and Watford games.

And don’t forget the QF where he left our two best forwards on the bench and started a 35 year old who couldn’t get in Bournemouth’s team last season.

We March On

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Apr 9 with 932 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Apr 9 by saintwizzler

And don’t forget the QF where he left our two best forwards on the bench and started a 35 year old who couldn’t get in Bournemouth’s team last season.

We March On

We limp off more like.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 18:36 - Apr 9 with 842 viewssledger

They won’t be thieving any more of my money while he’s in charge and I’ve supported all my life,I’ve said it before this managers a fraud despite his praise by others there have been no takers please fuc* k him off
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 770 viewsMrangry25

Well what can you say about todays abysmal so called performance, I didn’t think it could get any worse but I was wrong, today was a new low where our team decided to not bother, no effort, no guts, no running, no tackling, no defending. I really do struggle to understand what in hell they do at staplewood every day because whatever it is it ain’t working. The only reason who came off that pitch today with any credibility was Forster. Salisu needs to realise he is not another Van Dyke, Liveramento looked totally out of his depth, JWP was p**s poor at best, Bednarek should hang his boots up, and as for our cutting edge front line well they couldn’t score if the goal had no one in it. And as for our manager yet again another dopey lineup and then some even dopier subs. The bloke has got to go at the end of the season and I am just waiting to hear what excuses he is going to come up with. God help us next week against Arsenal.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Apr 9 with 708 viewsElijahK

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Apr 9 by saintwizzler

We March On

Ok but he did that as a tactical approach, and those two “best forwards” both had their chances in that game, and nether took them! As they were on the bench so that the other two could tire out Man City’s defence, and they could come on and have an easier job, which they did, but they still didn’t take their chances.

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Apr 9 with 705 viewsElijahK

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Apr 9 by Mrangry25

Well what can you say about todays abysmal so called performance, I didn’t think it could get any worse but I was wrong, today was a new low where our team decided to not bother, no effort, no guts, no running, no tackling, no defending. I really do struggle to understand what in hell they do at staplewood every day because whatever it is it ain’t working. The only reason who came off that pitch today with any credibility was Forster. Salisu needs to realise he is not another Van Dyke, Liveramento looked totally out of his depth, JWP was p**s poor at best, Bednarek should hang his boots up, and as for our cutting edge front line well they couldn’t score if the goal had no one in it. And as for our manager yet again another dopey lineup and then some even dopier subs. The bloke has got to go at the end of the season and I am just waiting to hear what excuses he is going to come up with. God help us next week against Arsenal.

Sorry but who in that 11 did you not want to start? As when the team came out no one was complaining from what I heard, as it was our best 11 that we could play… and subs wise, well whether it was down to them or not, who knows, but once they were made we went from conceding 4 goals on half an hour to just 2 in a hour (which is like 4 times as good).
So yeah he didn’t start the greatest with tactics and such, but for who he played and such, well there wasn’t any real issues there

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Apr 9 with 661 viewsRon11

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Apr 9 by ElijahK

Sorry but who in that 11 did you not want to start? As when the team came out no one was complaining from what I heard, as it was our best 11 that we could play… and subs wise, well whether it was down to them or not, who knows, but once they were made we went from conceding 4 goals on half an hour to just 2 in a hour (which is like 4 times as good).
So yeah he didn’t start the greatest with tactics and such, but for who he played and such, well there wasn’t any real issues there

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 601 viewsBuggalugs

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Apr 9 by Ron11

You can lol all you want, but he’s right. Ralph played our strongest team, but they just didn’t turn up…as they haven’t since the West Ham game.

I get why people are digging Ralph out, but I solely lay the blame of today’s performance at the feet of each and every one of those fvcktards representing us. Forget the 9-0’s, today was the worst, most abject, unprofessional, diabolical performance I’ve ever seen from a Southampton team, bar none, ever. We were miles off in quality, hunger and professionalism as I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, the buck stops with the manager, but those players out there today don’t deserve anyone to deflect attention away from how they conducted themselves.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Apr 9 with 558 viewsA1079

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Apr 9 by Buggalugs

You can lol all you want, but he’s right. Ralph played our strongest team, but they just didn’t turn up…as they haven’t since the West Ham game.

I get why people are digging Ralph out, but I solely lay the blame of today’s performance at the feet of each and every one of those fvcktards representing us. Forget the 9-0’s, today was the worst, most abject, unprofessional, diabolical performance I’ve ever seen from a Southampton team, bar none, ever. We were miles off in quality, hunger and professionalism as I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, the buck stops with the manager, but those players out there today don’t deserve anyone to deflect attention away from how they conducted themselves.

Agree Buggalugs. When I saw that team (though I did not think it matched anything like Chelsea's - but we knew that) it was just about as strong a team as you could have put out. I may have picked Perraud (as I am not sure why he seems to suddenly be out of the picture) but apart from that the players picked are experienced 11 Southampton Premier League players.

As I have said in a separate thread - it is hard to know whether it is the manager or the players that keep letting us down. What makes a professional experienced player stop defending, stop working in midfield or stop attacking and just capitulate and not do any of the basics.

Bewildering - you know though, how we are going to get all the usual platitudes about how we let fans down, how we will do better, how we must come back etc etc and the SFC PR machine will send out videos through the week of goals we have scored in the past years with players that are no longer with us just to rub it in.

I would love to sit with those players and Ralph in a room and put it straight and ask Why, why, why do you keep putting us through this and what the f*ck do you think you are playing at and why do you think you deserve a single penny of your salary?
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 553 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Apr 9 by Buggalugs

Agreed Buggalugs. The players were a disgrace today for being far too casual, laid back, no aggression, and then they gave up and didn't fight back at all. We have seen this far too many times, under various managers. Chelsea were playing with us in the second half it was embarrassing. Yes, you can blame the manager, but the players were terrible on the pitch. They didn't fight or tackle. What has happened to Salisu? Another mistake today leading to a goal.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 552 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Apr 9 by A1079

Agree Buggalugs. When I saw that team (though I did not think it matched anything like Chelsea's - but we knew that) it was just about as strong a team as you could have put out. I may have picked Perraud (as I am not sure why he seems to suddenly be out of the picture) but apart from that the players picked are experienced 11 Southampton Premier League players.

As I have said in a separate thread - it is hard to know whether it is the manager or the players that keep letting us down. What makes a professional experienced player stop defending, stop working in midfield or stop attacking and just capitulate and not do any of the basics.

Bewildering - you know though, how we are going to get all the usual platitudes about how we let fans down, how we will do better, how we must come back etc etc and the SFC PR machine will send out videos through the week of goals we have scored in the past years with players that are no longer with us just to rub it in.

I would love to sit with those players and Ralph in a room and put it straight and ask Why, why, why do you keep putting us through this and what the f*ck do you think you are playing at and why do you think you deserve a single penny of your salary?

I don’t think Adams and Hasenhuttl from the h terviews I heard even had the balls to give platitudes about letting the fans down, it was just a shoulder shrug to say Chelsea played well and we didn’t.

That’s why I think the manager may as well go, and we get someone in who instills a mentality that losing (or drawing &winning) without giving maximum effort is unacceptable.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 21:55]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Apr 9 with 512 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:46 - Apr 9 by Centurion

Awful thought. I am getting the jitters.
Hope we beat Arsenal next week. If that happens then things will be OK.

Not a lot to ask then ....................
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Apr 9 with 517 viewsElijahK

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Apr 9 by Ron11

Well the only people I’d thought that would be laughing is those at whoever is seriously gonna complain about who played! As if fans start to complain about Ralph picking that 11, even though none said anything when the team came out, then the stupidity/expectations of fans is just outta this world!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024