Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread 09:16 - Apr 9 with 5845 viewsSaintNick

Can we condemn Chelsea to a third successive defeat

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 9 with 1187 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Apr 9 by Bicester_North

I don’t think Adams and Hasenhuttl from the h terviews I heard even had the balls to give platitudes about letting the fans down, it was just a shoulder shrug to say Chelsea played well and we didn’t.

That’s why I think the manager may as well go, and we get someone in who instills a mentality that losing (or drawing &winning) without giving maximum effort is unacceptable.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 21:55]

If I was in charge I’d have them in at 6am tomorrow being absolutely beasted. That would certainly change that on the beach mindset if they thought that was coming every time they decided they were going to just go through the motions.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Apr 9 with 1153 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Apr 9 by Saintsforeverj

Agreed Buggalugs. The players were a disgrace today for being far too casual, laid back, no aggression, and then they gave up and didn't fight back at all. We have seen this far too many times, under various managers. Chelsea were playing with us in the second half it was embarrassing. Yes, you can blame the manager, but the players were terrible on the pitch. They didn't fight or tackle. What has happened to Salisu? Another mistake today leading to a goal.

You mean the mistakes he makes almost every game? The annoying this is wu=ith him is that he has the makings on a decent CB, he has put some great tackles and blocks in, but he always has that awful error waitng to happen
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Apr 9 with 1137 viewsElijahK

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Apr 9 by A1079

Agree Buggalugs. When I saw that team (though I did not think it matched anything like Chelsea's - but we knew that) it was just about as strong a team as you could have put out. I may have picked Perraud (as I am not sure why he seems to suddenly be out of the picture) but apart from that the players picked are experienced 11 Southampton Premier League players.

As I have said in a separate thread - it is hard to know whether it is the manager or the players that keep letting us down. What makes a professional experienced player stop defending, stop working in midfield or stop attacking and just capitulate and not do any of the basics.

Bewildering - you know though, how we are going to get all the usual platitudes about how we let fans down, how we will do better, how we must come back etc etc and the SFC PR machine will send out videos through the week of goals we have scored in the past years with players that are no longer with us just to rub it in.

I would love to sit with those players and Ralph in a room and put it straight and ask Why, why, why do you keep putting us through this and what the f*ck do you think you are playing at and why do you think you deserve a single penny of your salary?

It’s both the managers and the players, as you don’t go from being in relegation battles, and losing quite often but never by record breaking margins, to actually doing ok and loosing here and there but not too often but then getting hammered 9-0, with a change in mangers having no connection to it.

But at the same time, you could have the best managers in the world managing some of the poorest teams and they’ll still loose by loads, just like how you could have the worst manager in the world having some of the best players in the world that win by loads, as I’d probably go with 75% of results in the prem are purely down to the players and their performances, with nothing that the manager could change about the result. It’s just they can affect those 25% remaining, as well as improving the players, and improving the margins of the results for the 75% they can’t change the results of.

As Ralph has done both amazing, and appalling things for this club, just like the amazing and poor runs we’ve been on under him! And if you add all this up, it’s basically given us, a level, managerial performance. As whatever he’s done well, he’s messed up somewhere else for and vice versa. But the players haven’t all done that, as some have been soo poor recently and did bugger all today, and Ralph didn’t have many options on the bench (as we had just Diablo, Parraud and Redmond for fairly decent experienced players available (which ain’t a lot to choose from)) as they were just soo poor and if that saints team has played against Leeds last week like that, then we’d of last like 4-0, and will get hammered by Arsenal as well next week unless they change how they are.

But right now, we’ve just had an amazing run, and are getting brought back down to earth with a poor run, which has landed us where we hoped to be in the league. But overall he’s done better than what he should, as he doesn’t have the resources that previous saints managers have had, or other PL managers currently have, as really we should be in the relegation zone, but we’re not, and that is due to Ralph and how he’s managed to cope with the lack of resources he’s got. As sacking him won’t get us anywhere, as today’s result was just the typical hammering that those “top 3” teams give the lower ones every once in a while, which us being at the wrong end of it, but it wasn’t record breaking and it was more down to the players rather than the manger, and seeing how he’s overachieving, changing the manager won’t help us, whilst getting rid of all the dead wood, will.

So it’s both their faults, and nether should completely change, but both certainly needs to change/be edited in certain areas.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 1109 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 9 by MytchettSaint

If I was in charge I’d have them in at 6am tomorrow being absolutely beasted. That would certainly change that on the beach mindset if they thought that was coming every time they decided they were going to just go through the motions.

I’d put them then clean the bogs all day Monday in Rownhams eastbound services, while wearing hats that say “I’m a lazy millionaire c*nt”

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 03:17 - Apr 10 with 1004 viewssledger

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Apr 9 by ElijahK

It’s both the managers and the players, as you don’t go from being in relegation battles, and losing quite often but never by record breaking margins, to actually doing ok and loosing here and there but not too often but then getting hammered 9-0, with a change in mangers having no connection to it.

But at the same time, you could have the best managers in the world managing some of the poorest teams and they’ll still loose by loads, just like how you could have the worst manager in the world having some of the best players in the world that win by loads, as I’d probably go with 75% of results in the prem are purely down to the players and their performances, with nothing that the manager could change about the result. It’s just they can affect those 25% remaining, as well as improving the players, and improving the margins of the results for the 75% they can’t change the results of.

As Ralph has done both amazing, and appalling things for this club, just like the amazing and poor runs we’ve been on under him! And if you add all this up, it’s basically given us, a level, managerial performance. As whatever he’s done well, he’s messed up somewhere else for and vice versa. But the players haven’t all done that, as some have been soo poor recently and did bugger all today, and Ralph didn’t have many options on the bench (as we had just Diablo, Parraud and Redmond for fairly decent experienced players available (which ain’t a lot to choose from)) as they were just soo poor and if that saints team has played against Leeds last week like that, then we’d of last like 4-0, and will get hammered by Arsenal as well next week unless they change how they are.

But right now, we’ve just had an amazing run, and are getting brought back down to earth with a poor run, which has landed us where we hoped to be in the league. But overall he’s done better than what he should, as he doesn’t have the resources that previous saints managers have had, or other PL managers currently have, as really we should be in the relegation zone, but we’re not, and that is due to Ralph and how he’s managed to cope with the lack of resources he’s got. As sacking him won’t get us anywhere, as today’s result was just the typical hammering that those “top 3” teams give the lower ones every once in a while, which us being at the wrong end of it, but it wasn’t record breaking and it was more down to the players rather than the manger, and seeing how he’s overachieving, changing the manager won’t help us, whilst getting rid of all the dead wood, will.

So it’s both their faults, and nether should completely change, but both certainly needs to change/be edited in certain areas.

Any players who respected there manager and wanted to do well for him and the club would not turn in a performance so lacking in effort,it told us everything
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 03:27 - Apr 10 with 1003 views10i

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 03:17 - Apr 10 by sledger

Any players who respected there manager and wanted to do well for him and the club would not turn in a performance so lacking in effort,it told us everything

Every Humble Footballer on earth would know it's enough now.
Not Forster. Taking thousands of bucks Every week for being shit. For years now. FOR YEARS!
I shoud ask my employee of i should'nt Hand in a Noten ce. But wellI guess we need the money to pay a Not able gk on depression.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 07:18 - Apr 10 with 937 viewsMrangry25

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Apr 9 by ElijahK

Sorry but who in that 11 did you not want to start? As when the team came out no one was complaining from what I heard, as it was our best 11 that we could play… and subs wise, well whether it was down to them or not, who knows, but once they were made we went from conceding 4 goals on half an hour to just 2 in a hour (which is like 4 times as good).
So yeah he didn’t start the greatest with tactics and such, but for who he played and such, well there wasn’t any real issues there

Sorry but you are missing my point, whilst I agree that baring Broja it was as close to our best eleven, but there are a couple of points in my post that are correct, Salisu is TOO slow on the ball and for what ever reason seems to think he has all the time in the world. Livermento is not the best RB in our club and should be replaced by KWP with him moving up the field to be a more effective winger, Perraud is our LB. Bednarek I am afraid is not the answer he is too slow and too lightweight. Che Adams and AA up front will never be prolific scorers as the last four games have shown. JWP went missing today for what ever reason. And as for the subs making a difference Chelsea took their foot right off the gas because they realised we had given up and they spent the whole of the second half playing a training game.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 07:36 - Apr 10 with 921 viewscocklebreath

The Werner stat on MOTD made me chuckle. 5 in 4 v saints and 4 in 47 against the rest. He’s Messi v us and Shane long v the rest

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 08:11 - Apr 10 with 867 viewssaintwizzler

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Apr 9 by ElijahK

Ok but he did that as a tactical approach, and those two “best forwards” both had their chances in that game, and nether took them! As they were on the bench so that the other two could tire out Man City’s defence, and they could come on and have an easier job, which they did, but they still didn’t take their chances.

Tire them out?

Play your best available players from the start like every other manager seems to do in big games.
As we did in the two draws and the win against MC in recent times.

Why piss around with things?
Djenepo at LB, Diallo at RM, Smallbone v Watford till half time playing god knows where?

I know at lot of people who were pissed off with the team selection in the QF.

Hassenhüttl is doing himself no favours!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 08:32 - Apr 10 with 845 viewsBuggalugs

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 08:11 - Apr 10 by saintwizzler

Tire them out?

Play your best available players from the start like every other manager seems to do in big games.

Djenepo at LB, Diallo at RM, Smallbone v Watford till half time playing god knows where?

He lost me with his team selection against West Ham. We’d been in great form and were nice and safe in a healthy league position and he makes something like 9 changes to the team. So many were hailing him as some sort of genius as we got away with it and won that game, but to me it showed a real lack of respect to the fans.

Look what’s happened to us since then.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 08:37 - Apr 10 with 831 viewssaintwizzler

Tire them out?

And Bednarek dropping himself for the Quarter Final as he had a big game for Poland next.
I bet he still took his wages from SFC.
I’m sorry but if you don’t play your on the transfer list and goodbye.
He won’t be missed.
He’s going backwards as a player. Clumsy and lethargic.

Player power. Yeah alright, see you later.

Forster has only pulled his finger out his arse because his contract is expiring.

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 09:51 - Apr 10 with 755 viewssledger

The team selection for the West Ham game was the turning point,he played a reserve side in our biggest game at that time of the season luckily got away with it result wise but the damage had been done with the players then compounds it with the city selection,he thinks he’s untouchable the players showed otherwise yesterday
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 10 with 742 viewsgrumpy

As Buggalugs said the team selection for the West Ham game did it for me.
We won because West Ham didn't turn up.
It sent the wrong message out to the players and fans.
FA Cup was our best chance to win something and Ralph does that.
I think because we won he had got away with it,but it had a profound affect on our momentum.
Ralph losing Danny Rohl was a big loss.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 10:15]
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Apr 10 with 648 viewssaintwizzler

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 10 by grumpy

I think because we won he had got away with it,but it had a profound affect on our momentum.

Post of the year.
Absolutely correct.

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Apr 10 with 545 viewsElijahK

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 07:18 - Apr 10 by Mrangry25

Sorry but you are missing my point, whilst I agree that baring Broja it was as close to our best eleven, but there are a couple of points in my post that are correct, Salisu is TOO slow on the ball and for what ever reason seems to think he has all the time in the world. Livermento is not the best RB in our club and should be replaced by KWP with him moving up the field to be a more effective winger, Perraud is our LB. Bednarek I am afraid is not the answer he is too slow and too lightweight. Che Adams and AA up front will never be prolific scorers as the last four games have shown. JWP went missing today for what ever reason. And as for the subs making a difference Chelsea took their foot right off the gas because they realised we had given up and they spent the whole of the second half playing a training game.

Ok but Broja couldn’t play, so it was the best 11 that we could play yesterday, that payed.
And yeah Salisu is slow, and the same for Bednerak, and Adams and Armstrong together up front probabilities won’t work, and it wasn’t Prowse’s best game… but how’s this Ralph’s fault?
As bench wise, the only centrehalf we had was Stephens or maybe Valery (who aren’t better than ether Salisu/Bednerak), and it’s the same for up front as we had no central striker, just Redmond or Walcott for wingers.
As yeah Chelsea did take their foot off of the gas, but yesterday’s result wasn’t just down to Ralph, as even with different tactics and such, we were always gonna loose this game, the only difference between the Ralph we had today and a Guardiola like manager, is that we might have just lost 3-0 or so, rather than 6-0, and we won’t ever get a Guardiola like manger so we were never gonna do that well, and that’s not mainly down to the manager whatsoever.

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Apr 10 with 541 viewsElijahK

Tire them out?

No I also was peed off with that team selection, but at least he did actually have a plan for that game, which Salisu messed up on, and the two forwards didn’t help with.
And other game wise, well he was letting other players have a go, as really we should’ve had a pen against Watford and that game was just down to appalling mistakes from the defence which yet again wasn’t much to do with the manger.

As yes he certainly does not help himself sometimes, but at the same time, sometimes he can’t help himself whether he wants to or not.

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Apr 10 with 537 viewsElijahK

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 10 by grumpy

Ok but we were never gonna beat Liverpool and then most likely Chelsea, as we’ve just seen what the really will be if we didn’t turn up against Chelsea (which is only gonna be worse against Liverpool), and other than the font two, we did play our best against City.
As West Ham I agree with you on the fact that West Ham didn’t turn up (although I did think that some players did have a cracking game) but you can’t really complain about a game we won

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 09:03 - Apr 11 with 436 viewssaint901

For me the failure at the weekend began with tactics.

I lost count of the number of times Chelsea put somebody between our defence and midfield and they were allowed to stand there unmarked.

Salisu who I thought had a terrible game and was directly to blame for at least two goals because he thinks he can play and he can't., was constantly caught between moving out to mark that Chelsea player or staying in position. He tried both and every time picked the wrong option.

Forster was decent but unprotected. Livramento was ineffective at RB and right wing back. Bednarek is not the best player but trying to play his game and cover for Salisu was well beyond him. KWP had a decent enough game but was almost always marking two or more and Ely did his best but was unable to help much. SA looked absolutely disinterested and JWP was also poor. AA was out of his depth and CA worked hard but was given nothing - except missing the chance from 6 yards out. Valery did OK but it was finger the dam by then. Diallo? Why?

All that aside, RH takes a big junk of the blame. He replaced Romeu early recognising the fact that Chelsea had worked out how we we playing, but then failed to address it. We didn't need different players but different tactics and having the defence step up 5/10m would have squeezed the space that Chelsea used well.

Instead the defenders were worried about Salisu and his next mistake and you could see them doing their best not to pass to him. You can't play a team like Chelsea with 10 men.

Disappointing and embarrassing because at 3-0 down after 20 minutes, you shut the game down for an hour and limit the damage. You don't carry on pushing the FBs forward and leaving the CB's exposed.

Let's see RH step up and take his share of the blame here and then he can start dishing out suitable retribution to the players who gave up.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 431 views1885_SFC

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 09:03 - Apr 11 by saint901

For me the failure at the weekend began with tactics.

I lost count of the number of times Chelsea put somebody between our defence and midfield and they were allowed to stand there unmarked.

Salisu who I thought had a terrible game and was directly to blame for at least two goals because he thinks he can play and he can't., was constantly caught between moving out to mark that Chelsea player or staying in position. He tried both and every time picked the wrong option.

Forster was decent but unprotected. Livramento was ineffective at RB and right wing back. Bednarek is not the best player but trying to play his game and cover for Salisu was well beyond him. KWP had a decent enough game but was almost always marking two or more and Ely did his best but was unable to help much. SA looked absolutely disinterested and JWP was also poor. AA was out of his depth and CA worked hard but was given nothing - except missing the chance from 6 yards out. Valery did OK but it was finger the dam by then. Diallo? Why?

All that aside, RH takes a big junk of the blame. He replaced Romeu early recognising the fact that Chelsea had worked out how we we playing, but then failed to address it. We didn't need different players but different tactics and having the defence step up 5/10m would have squeezed the space that Chelsea used well.

Instead the defenders were worried about Salisu and his next mistake and you could see them doing their best not to pass to him. You can't play a team like Chelsea with 10 men.

Disappointing and embarrassing because at 3-0 down after 20 minutes, you shut the game down for an hour and limit the damage. You don't carry on pushing the FBs forward and leaving the CB's exposed.

Let's see RH step up and take his share of the blame here and then he can start dishing out suitable retribution to the players who gave up.

Sums up Saturday perfectly for me 901.

Old School is Cool

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 09:31 - Apr 11 with 419 viewsRon11

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Apr 10 by saintwizzler

Post of the year.
Absolutely correct.

Yes, he didn't have a clue after Rohl left.
Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 11:29 - Apr 11 with 379 viewsMrangry25

Saints V Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Apr 10 by ElijahK

Ok but Broja couldn’t play, so it was the best 11 that we could play yesterday, that payed.
And yeah Salisu is slow, and the same for Bednerak, and Adams and Armstrong together up front probabilities won’t work, and it wasn’t Prowse’s best game… but how’s this Ralph’s fault?
As bench wise, the only centrehalf we had was Stephens or maybe Valery (who aren’t better than ether Salisu/Bednerak), and it’s the same for up front as we had no central striker, just Redmond or Walcott for wingers.
As yeah Chelsea did take their foot off of the gas, but yesterday’s result wasn’t just down to Ralph, as even with different tactics and such, we were always gonna loose this game, the only difference between the Ralph we had today and a Guardiola like manager, is that we might have just lost 3-0 or so, rather than 6-0, and we won’t ever get a Guardiola like manger so we were never gonna do that well, and that’s not mainly down to the manager whatsoever.

Because it is the MANAGERS job instill some sort of discipline and desire in the players and we keep hearing how well they train during the week etc etc and all the pretty pictures of them messing about in the sun and then we get abject failure by all and not even an apology to those of us who sat and endured it.

I guess we will agree to disagree on this one. Lets hope this Saturday v Arsenal we do turn up. UTS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024