Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City of Liverpool 15:55 - Aug 24 with 3554 viewsJaySaint

What went wrong?
Seems like a lawless hell-hole to me

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

City of Liverpool on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 3546 viewsChesham_Saint

What went wrong? I’m tempted to be facetious, but I can’t.

That poor little girl…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

City of Liverpool on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 3426 viewskingslandstand1

I know most on here including me, love to throw disparaging remarks about that city and one of the teams there, but what has just happened is as sickening as can be said with the loss of an absolute innocent child in the wrong place at the wrong time

And how must her mother be feeling knowing the bullet went through her first and all she did was open her front door it seems

What doesn't help the city though is the number of gun deaths in that same vicinity

Yes a lot of sympathy for that poor girl and family, and I think where you may be coming from Jay, but gun crime? Can't defend the area for that I'm afraid ........................
City of Liverpool on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 3390 viewsSadoldgit

People are being killed all over the country, not just in Liverpool.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/southampton-murder-hampshire-police-name
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 17:34]
City of Liverpool on 18:08 - Aug 24 with 3336 viewskingslandstand1

City of Liverpool on 17:33 - Aug 24 by Sadoldgit

People are being killed all over the country, not just in Liverpool.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/southampton-murder-hampshire-police-name
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 17:34]

I don't think people are saying that, just look at the number of deaths in London this year, what is it, 50 odd It may be that unfortunately because of the circumstances in this instance it may have taken this to shake a few people up around the country.

But just listening to a couple on the radio from the area of Liverpool where this one took place they are not feeling too safe to go on the streets, or at least send their kids out. Maybe there is more that happens than gets publicised
City of Liverpool on 18:24 - Aug 24 with 3302 viewskingolaf

City of Liverpool on 18:08 - Aug 24 by kingslandstand1

I don't think people are saying that, just look at the number of deaths in London this year, what is it, 50 odd It may be that unfortunately because of the circumstances in this instance it may have taken this to shake a few people up around the country.

But just listening to a couple on the radio from the area of Liverpool where this one took place they are not feeling too safe to go on the streets, or at least send their kids out. Maybe there is more that happens than gets publicised

Time to take out the Scouse drug lords and go zero tolerance policing.
City of Liverpool on 21:06 - Aug 24 with 3134 viewsGeauxSaints

Meanwhile, here in New Orleans today:

Man shot dead in St. Roch is 3rd homicide of the day, police say

New Orleans police are investigating the third homicide in a roughly five-hour span–a man shot dead in St. Roch, they say, which follows killings in Central City and Hollygrove.

Police said they were responding to a shooting in the 2800 block of Comus Court at around 2:25 p.m. A male victim was pronounced dead on the scene in the St. Roch neighborhood.

Hours earlier, at around 10:32 a.m., a man died at the scene of his shooting in the 2800 block of South Johnson in Central City, police said.

At 7:37 a.m., a man was killed in a shooting in Hollygrove, police said. Someone was detained for questioning in the killing in the 8800 block of Pritchard Place.
City of Liverpool on 21:21 - Aug 24 with 3108 viewsSaintNick

I remember when Manchester was the gun capital of the UK and it was glorified by the Madchester bands etc.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

City of Liverpool on 21:33 - Aug 24 with 3095 viewsChesham_Saint

City of Liverpool on 21:06 - Aug 24 by GeauxSaints

Meanwhile, here in New Orleans today:

Man shot dead in St. Roch is 3rd homicide of the day, police say

New Orleans police are investigating the third homicide in a roughly five-hour span–a man shot dead in St. Roch, they say, which follows killings in Central City and Hollygrove.

Police said they were responding to a shooting in the 2800 block of Comus Court at around 2:25 p.m. A male victim was pronounced dead on the scene in the St. Roch neighborhood.

Hours earlier, at around 10:32 a.m., a man died at the scene of his shooting in the 2800 block of South Johnson in Central City, police said.

At 7:37 a.m., a man was killed in a shooting in Hollygrove, police said. Someone was detained for questioning in the killing in the 8800 block of Pritchard Place.

Is New Orleans one of those places where the police have been defunded?

Login to get fewer ads

City of Liverpool on 22:17 - Aug 24 with 3045 viewsGeauxSaints

City of Liverpool on 21:33 - Aug 24 by Chesham_Saint

Is New Orleans one of those places where the police have been defunded?

There is no explicit public policy to defund, but from a functional standpoint that is happening. Low pay and poor leadership have led to the loss of about 2 officers a month for the past few years. There is even talk of cancelling Mardi Gras next spring because of the lack of officers.

Our mayor went to a sentencing hearing for a juvenile who pled guilty to five carjackings to support the perpetrator last week.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/orleans/cantrell-court-teen-carjacker-s
City of Liverpool on 22:22 - Aug 24 with 3025 viewsChesham_Saint

City of Liverpool on 22:17 - Aug 24 by GeauxSaints

There is no explicit public policy to defund, but from a functional standpoint that is happening. Low pay and poor leadership have led to the loss of about 2 officers a month for the past few years. There is even talk of cancelling Mardi Gras next spring because of the lack of officers.

Our mayor went to a sentencing hearing for a juvenile who pled guilty to five carjackings to support the perpetrator last week.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/orleans/cantrell-court-teen-carjacker-s

Sounds as bad as San Francisco…

City of Liverpool on 08:57 - Aug 25 with 2852 viewssolent_toffee

City of Liverpool on 17:10 - Aug 24 by kingslandstand1

I know most on here including me, love to throw disparaging remarks about that city and one of the teams there, but what has just happened is as sickening as can be said with the loss of an absolute innocent child in the wrong place at the wrong time

And how must her mother be feeling knowing the bullet went through her first and all she did was open her front door it seems

What doesn't help the city though is the number of gun deaths in that same vicinity

Yes a lot of sympathy for that poor girl and family, and I think where you may be coming from Jay, but gun crime? Can't defend the area for that I'm afraid ........................

Liverpool has always had a large connection to the underworld but in the past twenty or so years, the gang stuff has gone mental. These little bell ends are running the show and even when one gang member is taken out, others are quick to step into their shoes.

It’s sickening.

It’s still a fantastic place though and these rats shouldn’t alter that.

I was home at the weekend and it was bouncing, tourists from all over the world, hen and stag do’s from all other the country. It’s a great place to visit and to live.
City of Liverpool on 09:33 - Aug 25 with 2807 viewsJaySaint

City of Liverpool on 08:57 - Aug 25 by solent_toffee

Liverpool has always had a large connection to the underworld but in the past twenty or so years, the gang stuff has gone mental. These little bell ends are running the show and even when one gang member is taken out, others are quick to step into their shoes.

It’s sickening.

It’s still a fantastic place though and these rats shouldn’t alter that.

I was home at the weekend and it was bouncing, tourists from all over the world, hen and stag do’s from all other the country. It’s a great place to visit and to live.

what areas are absolute no-go's then and how bad are they? I assume they are away from the city centre/bars/entertainment?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

City of Liverpool on 09:39 - Aug 25 with 2800 viewssolent_toffee

City of Liverpool on 09:33 - Aug 25 by JaySaint

what areas are absolute no-go's then and how bad are they? I assume they are away from the city centre/bars/entertainment?

I don’t think there are any ‘no-go’ areas as such. There are many deprived areas, as most large cities have but there’s nowhere I would feel particularly scared to walk at night.
City of Liverpool on 11:13 - Aug 25 with 2709 viewsSaintNick

City of Liverpool on 09:39 - Aug 25 by solent_toffee

I don’t think there are any ‘no-go’ areas as such. There are many deprived areas, as most large cities have but there’s nowhere I would feel particularly scared to walk at night.

Norris Green has always been a bit dodgy in terms of gang related activity, the shooting of the kid 15 years ago was linked to fighting between teenage wannabe gangsters from Norris Green & Croxteth

City of Liverpool on 11:38 - Aug 25 with 2682 viewssolent_toffee

City of Liverpool on 11:13 - Aug 25 by SaintNick

Norris Green has always been a bit dodgy in terms of gang related activity, the shooting of the kid 15 years ago was linked to fighting between teenage wannabe gangsters from Norris Green & Croxteth

I’ve got family on both Norris Green and Croxteth and wouldn’t describe either as no go areas at all.

The little rats involved with the Rhys Jones are pure scum and those two gangs are still about years later even if the members have moved on through being killed or banged up, there’s always others, often younger ready to take their place.
City of Liverpool on 12:23 - Aug 25 with 2637 viewsSonicBoom

In a word .... drugs.

This sort of stuff is usually gang related and Liverpool is a big entry point for drugs.
I get heartily sick of hearing Liverpool being slagged off as "victims" or "murderers" or all that other crap. It's a city just like any other English city full of people just like you and me.
Don't get me wrong, I am no Liverpool fan but there is a ugly side to football tribalism where fans use tragedies to taunt and ridicule each other whilst pretending to hold some moral high ground.
City of Liverpool on 14:31 - Aug 25 with 2544 viewsSaintNick

City of Liverpool on 11:38 - Aug 25 by solent_toffee

I’ve got family on both Norris Green and Croxteth and wouldn’t describe either as no go areas at all.

The little rats involved with the Rhys Jones are pure scum and those two gangs are still about years later even if the members have moved on through being killed or banged up, there’s always others, often younger ready to take their place.

Ive been to both, Norris Green wasn't a place that felt safe at night, it might not be the worst place in Liverpool in terms of most of the people who live there, but as you say it is blighted by gang warfare, but Rhys Jones father worked with my cousins husband,

City of Liverpool on 14:35 - Aug 25 with 2538 viewsBicester_North

City of Liverpool on 12:23 - Aug 25 by SonicBoom

In a word .... drugs.

This sort of stuff is usually gang related and Liverpool is a big entry point for drugs.
I get heartily sick of hearing Liverpool being slagged off as "victims" or "murderers" or all that other crap. It's a city just like any other English city full of people just like you and me.
Don't get me wrong, I am no Liverpool fan but there is a ugly side to football tribalism where fans use tragedies to taunt and ridicule each other whilst pretending to hold some moral high ground.

It’s not an English city like any other at all, as a city it’s always had a unique mentality and the people that live there would generally disagree with your comment.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

City of Liverpool on 16:13 - Aug 25 with 2466 viewsdwayne_dibley

Boris should offer it to Putin in exchange for Crimea

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

City of Liverpool on 16:59 - Aug 25 with 2432 viewscocklebreath

Set it adrift and make it part of the Isle of Man, then cancel all boats from the island

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

City of Liverpool on 09:52 - Aug 26 with 2247 viewsdarthvader

City of Liverpool on 16:13 - Aug 25 by dwayne_dibley

Boris should offer it to Putin in exchange for Crimea

I think he would rather fight to keep Crimea. At least you can understand the people when they talk.

Jokes aside.
It is dispicable that a child has to be shot dead to highlight the criminals and gang Warfare that is happening not only in Liverpool but across many cities. And with not just guns.. Stabbings are always going on mainly gang related I reckon.

Condolences to the poor child's family

keep the faith coyr

City of Liverpool on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 2215 viewssaint68

A young child in the safety of her home indiscriminately shot dead...an absolutely tragic and unnecessary death

2 miles away on rhe Sunday a 28yr old woman was shot dead in her own home in another case virtually identical.

Yep Liverpool is a great place to feel safe in your own home.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024