Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans in the home sections 16:34 - Aug 28 with 9866 viewsSaintsforeverj

I know this is tedious, but again there were Man U fans walking into the ground freely, with their Man U shirts on. When they were pointed out in the stands, there was progress, as stewards did remove them, but why are they allowed to just walk in? The stewards are so dopy checking bags and not checking which fans are coming in.

So the solution - Firstly, any fan wearing away colours, just stop them at the gate! Stewards should be more aware, and turn them away!

Secondly, why an earth are fans allowed to buy tickets on the database who have attended a game over 10 years? In order to get a ticket against the top 6, fans should need to be on the database, and been to say 3 Saints games, last season. Make it tighter, make it more robust. So why won't they? Well it would probably cut out some income wouldn't it. I would rather a few empty seats, than away fans keep getting in.

And this is necessary, because I know for a fact, that away fans living within a 10 miles radius of St Mary's, buy a membership card, just so that they can go to watch one game, Liverpool, Man U or whoever they support from the top 4. This one game, meets the requirement of needing to have been to one Saints game in the last ten years and being on the database with a local postcode.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 16:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Away fans in the home sections on 17:15 - Aug 28 with 5445 viewsBerber

So what about guests of Southampton ST holders? There have been loads around me, they are with hardcore Southampton fans . I have brought my young grandsons to games, one a Spurs fan and one a Man U fan . Is this to be banned? Should Solent Toffee be banished from the ground, or even this board ? Your assumptions may be way off the mark.
Away fans in the home sections on 17:19 - Aug 28 with 5431 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 17:15 - Aug 28 by Berber

So what about guests of Southampton ST holders? There have been loads around me, they are with hardcore Southampton fans . I have brought my young grandsons to games, one a Spurs fan and one a Man U fan . Is this to be banned? Should Solent Toffee be banished from the ground, or even this board ? Your assumptions may be way off the mark.

They should not be coming into the ground wearing the colours of the away team. It says on the ticket as conditions of entry, that the ticket is for Home Fans Only. And why don't they support Saints? If they live in London or Manchester, they should be attending their games and getting tickets in the away section, when they are at St Mary's. If they live in Southampton, they should be supporting their local club, instead of being a plastic.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 17:21]

Away fans in the home sections on 17:24 - Aug 28 with 5407 viewsSouthamptonfan

It says on the ticket HOME SUPPORTERS ONLY. Guest? They can go and watch their team in their own f@cking ground.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Away fans in the home sections on 18:04 - Aug 28 with 5329 viewsPoirot

Away fans will be in home sections at most games but if they dont wear colors and celebrate goals then i cant see an issue.

This is just bonkers

Media use is acknowledge @Casual_Pirate

[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 20:31]
Away fans in the home sections on 18:08 - Aug 28 with 5317 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 18:04 - Aug 28 by Poirot

Away fans will be in home sections at most games but if they dont wear colors and celebrate goals then i cant see an issue.

This is just bonkers

Exactly. And there were plenty of pictures like this yesterday. These away fans then cheer when their team scores, the Saints fans react, then we get a snotty email from the club warning us about behaviour and building a wall.

Away fans in the home sections on 18:18 - Aug 28 with 5282 viewskingslandstand1

This is just bonkers

That's just asking for trouble. Why do the stewards not do anything about it, as in take him out or send him in with the Utd fans. There were empty seats in there

I'm more surprised that Saints fans around him would get in touch with the nearest steward
Away fans in the home sections on 18:18 - Aug 28 with 5289 viewsSouthamptonfan

This is just bonkers

Have you emailed the picture to the club? I'm tempted to send it to the f@cking echo. The Saints fans all got told to behave, but they allow this???

Away fans in the home sections on 18:23 - Aug 28 with 5269 viewskingslandstand1

Away fans in the home sections on 17:19 - Aug 28 by Saintsforeverj

They should not be coming into the ground wearing the colours of the away team. It says on the ticket as conditions of entry, that the ticket is for Home Fans Only. And why don't they support Saints? If they live in London or Manchester, they should be attending their games and getting tickets in the away section, when they are at St Mary's. If they live in Southampton, they should be supporting their local club, instead of being a plastic.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 17:21]

I agree eith what you're saying about plastics, but I'm afraid we're stuck with that and it is their choice, though can't understand it.

But as has been said, if they don't make their support that obvious (as in that photo) which could incite trouble, then not a major issue. What do you do about neutral fans? They're not Saints fans
Login to get fewer ads

Away fans in the home sections on 18:38 - Aug 28 with 5248 viewsBLEEDRED

There were a few in the Itchen North (mainly block 4) most just kept quiet two had Man U shirt on view, stewards just waking by them (but then they did have memberships!!!)
Away fans in the home sections on 18:39 - Aug 28 with 5245 viewsSouthamptonfan

Away fans in the home sections on 18:23 - Aug 28 by kingslandstand1

I agree eith what you're saying about plastics, but I'm afraid we're stuck with that and it is their choice, though can't understand it.

But as has been said, if they don't make their support that obvious (as in that photo) which could incite trouble, then not a major issue. What do you do about neutral fans? They're not Saints fans

Neutral fans sitting there, not wearing colours enjoying the game, nobody would have any problem with. They sit there in a plain shirt, and if they truly are neutral, they wouldn't cheer the away team's goals, no issues with that at all. But I and many other Saints fans I know, are f@ckinh fed up and totally p!ssed off that these arrogant Man U, Liverpool, other fans just walk in in their shirts, cheering the goals in the home end, looking at the home fans arrogantly smiling, taking the p!ss. The club then blame the home fans with snotty emails, about behaviour. It's f@cking not on.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 18:40]

Away fans in the home sections on 18:41 - Aug 28 with 5221 viewsSaintsforeverj

Neutral fans are ok. It's those wearing colours who just get in unchallenged and sit there in away shirts.

Away fans in the home sections on 18:42 - Aug 28 with 5215 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 18:38 - Aug 28 by BLEEDRED

There were a few in the Itchen North (mainly block 4) most just kept quiet two had Man U shirt on view, stewards just waking by them (but then they did have memberships!!!)

Yep, they buy a membership because that enables the plastics to attend the one game when Man U play at St Mary's. They live in Southampton and use our stadium to watch their team, because they have never been to Manchester in their life. Same thing happens when we play Liverpool.

As I said, the club needs to insist that fans have been to at least 3 other Saints games. Otherwise they buy a membership and go to this one game. It stops proper Saints fans from getting tickets but it's also a massive security issue.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 18:58]

Away fans in the home sections on 19:05 - Aug 28 with 5175 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 18:18 - Aug 28 by kingslandstand1

That's just asking for trouble. Why do the stewards not do anything about it, as in take him out or send him in with the Utd fans. There were empty seats in there

I'm more surprised that Saints fans around him would get in touch with the nearest steward

Many Saints fans feel that they are being treated badly by the club, being blamed for any incidents, yet they allow this. This is one reason where this feeling comes from. Toby Steele said stewards do their best to stop away fans entering, yet here we are, away fans standing there in their shirts in the home end. The club needs lots of emails asking for an explanation. I saw many examples of this, before this picture was even posted.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 19:07]

Away fans in the home sections on 19:34 - Aug 28 with 5090 viewshedgeend61

Southampton FC rules are if you buy extra tickets they're for home fans only, simple as.

If any manage to get a ticket, keep quiet and don't take liberties, most wouldn't have a big problem with that, many of us have done this at away grounds.
Away fans cheering should be slung out sharpish to avoid aggro.

If you turn up at home turnstiles wearing away colours, stewards should be instructed to take ticket off them before entering, tell them to Fcuk off and discover the identity of who brought the ticket for them and warn them not to again, or else.
Away fans in the home sections on 19:39 - Aug 28 with 5059 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 19:34 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

Southampton FC rules are if you buy extra tickets they're for home fans only, simple as.

If any manage to get a ticket, keep quiet and don't take liberties, most wouldn't have a big problem with that, many of us have done this at away grounds.
Away fans cheering should be slung out sharpish to avoid aggro.

If you turn up at home turnstiles wearing away colours, stewards should be instructed to take ticket off them before entering, tell them to Fcuk off and discover the identity of who brought the ticket for them and warn them not to again, or else.

Spot on. We have a home section and an away section for a reason. It's clearly written on the ticket as you say. If you bring in people supporting the away team in the homes sections, you should be banned.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 19:40]

Away fans in the home sections on 19:56 - Aug 28 with 5017 viewsSouthamptonfan

"Any attempt to gain access to the Ground wearing or carrying apparel (including, without limitation, hats and/or scarves) that demonstrate support for the Visiting Club, may result in admission being refused or you being ejected from the Ground and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered"

Conditions of buying a ticket in the home end.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 20:00]

Away fans in the home sections on 20:13 - Aug 28 with 4946 viewsElijahK

This is just bonkers

Yeah as that’s what you’ve gotta do if you ever have to go to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge etc, in the home end, or you’d be kicked out/get a lot from the home fans, so why aren’t we doing the same!?

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Away fans in the home sections on 20:15 - Aug 28 with 4942 viewsElijahK

Away fans in the home sections on 18:18 - Aug 28 by Southamptonfan

Have you emailed the picture to the club? I'm tempted to send it to the f@cking echo. The Saints fans all got told to behave, but they allow this???

More fans should do that though, as they’ll almost certainly be a few Chelsea fans in their shirts on Tuesday, so why don’t all the fans take pictures and such to show the club, as it’s all well and good them telling us to behave better etc, but if they’re gonna allow in away fans and do bugger all about them then they can F off on any non swearing or standing in our seats!

Away fans in the home sections on 20:18 - Aug 28 with 4943 viewshedgeend61

Away fans in the home sections on 19:56 - Aug 28 by Southamptonfan

"Any attempt to gain access to the Ground wearing or carrying apparel (including, without limitation, hats and/or scarves) that demonstrate support for the Visiting Club, may result in admission being refused or you being ejected from the Ground and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered"

Conditions of buying a ticket in the home end.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 20:00]

'may result' needs changing to 'will result'.

Deal with it at turnstiles, don't wait till they're inside, asking for trouble.
Away fans in the home sections on 20:20 - Aug 28 with 4922 viewsElijahK

Well they “support” those big teams, as they’re the ones winning everything and getting all the glory and media attention. As many of those fans seem to think that they also represent the club and can boast about them when they’re doing well, even though they’ve got just as much connection to these “top 6” teams as we all do. As it’s all been caused by how big the gap is now between the “top 6” and the other English teams, as no one would support any big teams if everyone’s local team had just as much chance of doing well as any other, which is what football used to be like before the money came in, but is unimaginable in todays world.

But with regards to neutrals, that’s different as they will applaud our team when we do well, and won’t be bothered if our opponents loose, and won’t be rubbing it in the faces of saints fans when our opponents are doing better/winning. They’ll just simply sit and watch the game (which is pretty much what the whole chapel end does), whilst away fans will do a lot more than that

Away fans in the home sections on 20:25 - Aug 28 with 4894 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away fans in the home sections on 20:15 - Aug 28 by ElijahK

More fans should do that though, as they’ll almost certainly be a few Chelsea fans in their shirts on Tuesday, so why don’t all the fans take pictures and such to show the club, as it’s all well and good them telling us to behave better etc, but if they’re gonna allow in away fans and do bugger all about them then they can F off on any non swearing or standing in our seats!

supporterservices@saintsfc.co.uk

Here is the email. Let's at least bombard the club with angry emails.

Away fans in the home sections on 21:25 - Aug 28 with 4832 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-08-27/gallery-southampton-manchester-uni

Enjoy the gallery on the Saints official website too, with pictures of Man U fans with flairs (remember Saints fans were threatened with lifetime bans for bringing those in) and Man U fans in the home end.

Away fans in the home sections on 00:09 - Aug 29 with 4674 viewsBicester_North

Don’t forget Toby and Martin were absolutely certain that they deal with away fans in home ends appropriately, they took issue with any of our supporters who claim there’s a problem and they want to rid the Itchen North of the terrible anti social behaviour that’s been going on.

If we fans are suffering you can bet Toby and poor Martin are suffering worse.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Away fans in the home sections on 09:13 - Aug 29 with 4504 viewsPoirot

On the club website gallery a Man United shirt ni the home section

Flares = criminal offence and banning order but lets show them on the club website !

[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 9:13]
Away fans in the home sections on 09:17 - Aug 29 with 4491 viewsSaintNick

Away fans in the home sections on 00:09 - Aug 29 by Bicester_North

Don’t forget Toby and Martin were absolutely certain that they deal with away fans in home ends appropriately, they took issue with any of our supporters who claim there’s a problem and they want to rid the Itchen North of the terrible anti social behaviour that’s been going on.

If we fans are suffering you can bet Toby and poor Martin are suffering worse.

You can moan at Steele & Semmens all you like, but they aren't the people who are in charge of dealing with the problems they are not involved with the situation in any way shape or form, their only involvement is to have to comply with the charter the Premier League has signed up to and employ someone to do this.

They do not set the regulations

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024