Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please don't boo Scousers. 21:17 - Sep 12 with 4231 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2022/09/12/jurgen-klopp-urges-liverpool

Let's see if they manage it.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Please don't boo Scousers. on 22:46 - Sep 12 with 3448 viewsdwayne_dibley

of course they will boo

just like the skates at SMS

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Please don't boo Scousers. on 22:52 - Sep 12 with 3441 viewsElijahK

Spoken to a few people I know from up there, and most agree that there will be more booing than there will be at basically any other British grounds, but a majority will pay their respects as there’s a difference between just the typical national anthem being sung in respect of the country, to the queen actually dying and paying their respects to her.

Although I do wonder if one of the other factors in calling off their game at the weekend was due to that or not, as yeah a major aspect was how many police they’d require (as it was gonna need the most with the Man U, Leeds game (hence why that one was also called off)) but I wonder if that was also another factor in their decision
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 22:54]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Please don't boo Scousers. on 06:39 - Sep 13 with 3301 viewssaint68

They are thick gunman protecting scabs..of course they'll boo...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:15 - Sep 13 with 3233 viewsthissceptredsaint

If they want to boo we should respect their right to. We are a supposedly free country after all. I don't agree with it. That's my opinion
Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 3223 viewsSaintNick

Please don't boo Scousers. on 06:39 - Sep 13 by saint68

They are thick gunman protecting scabs..of course they'll boo...

Hang on a minute, according to many on here, there isn't a single scouser left supporting Liverpool these days, so why will a ground full of Scandinavians, Southerners & football tourists in general boo the Queen.

Just saying

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Please don't boo Scousers. on 09:48 - Sep 13 with 3175 viewssolent_toffee

Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:15 - Sep 13 by thissceptredsaint

If they want to boo we should respect their right to. We are a supposedly free country after all. I don't agree with it. That's my opinion

I hope they and Everton fans don’t boo the anthem and show it respect.

However if you spend any time watching the BBC in the last few days, the concept of the UK being a free country is laughable. According to the BBC, the whole country is beside itself with grief. The propaganda on there is astonishing.
Please don't boo Scousers. on 09:54 - Sep 13 with 3168 viewsSaintNick

Please don't boo Scousers. on 09:48 - Sep 13 by solent_toffee

However if you spend any time watching the BBC in the last few days, the concept of the UK being a free country is laughable. According to the BBC, the whole country is beside itself with grief. The propaganda on there is astonishing.

I agree I wouldnt say the whole country is beside itself with grief, but the BBC coverage is no more biased than any of the other uk based channels,

Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:07 - Sep 13 with 3140 viewsBuggalugs

No matter what your beliefs or feelings towards the Royal Family, it's simply about decency and respect. Anyone that boos or shouts shit out during any minute's silence is a complete wrongun imo.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:18 - Sep 13 with 3119 viewssolent_toffee

Please don't boo Scousers. on 09:54 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

I agree I wouldnt say the whole country is beside itself with grief, but the BBC coverage is no more biased than any of the other uk based channels,

You’re probably right, I only say the BBC as it’s the only news channel I tend to watch (SSN doesn’t count) and their coverage is way over the top and constantly referring to a nation in grief just doesn’t tally up. I’ve no doubt all the channels are just as bad though.
Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:33 - Sep 13 with 3105 viewsSonicBoom

Why do scousers think they're not English they are scouse? I don't get it.
Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:38 - Sep 13 with 3103 viewsdwayne_dibley

Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:33 - Sep 13 by SonicBoom

think that is the choice of the English

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Please don't boo Scousers. on 11:18 - Sep 13 with 3072 viewsSaintNick

Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:33 - Sep 13 by SonicBoom

Its a siege mentality, a bit like the Cornish where a lot of people seem to consider themselves Cornish first and English second, you are right perhaps no part of England other than these two areas have anywhere near like that mentality.

Please don't boo Scousers. on 11:49 - Sep 13 with 3039 viewsBerber

Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:15 - Sep 13 by thissceptredsaint

Do you suppose they will respect my right for a dignified silence at a nominated memorial time?
Please don't boo Scousers. on 12:02 - Sep 13 with 3031 viewsSonicBoom

Please don't boo Scousers. on 11:18 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

Its a siege mentality, a bit like the Cornish where a lot of people seem to consider themselves Cornish first and English second, you are right perhaps no part of England other than these two areas have anywhere near like that mentality.

Hmm well it's more than likely football fans that think like that, not the general population.
Please don't boo Scousers. on 12:27 - Sep 13 with 3010 viewsSaintNick

Please don't boo Scousers. on 12:02 - Sep 13 by SonicBoom

Hmm well it's more than likely football fans that think like that, not the general population.

It never used to be like that, in the late 80's & 90's there used to be loads of Scousers from both Liverpool & Everton follow England , it just seems to have happened in the past 15-20 years, possibly as a reaction to the singing of anti Hillsborough songs etc.

In the aftermath of Hillsborough there was a great deal of sympathy for Merseyside, even in the football circles, those of us around at the time knew that Hillsborough or even the events at Heysel could have happened to any club, but as a younger generation grew up they saw it as something to rile Liverpool fans up with, so I think it became a reactionary thing.

Scousers weren't squeaky clean on this type of thing from 1977 ish up to Hillsborough they pioneered songs about the Munich air disaster

Please don't boo Scousers. on 17:39 - Sep 13 with 2868 viewsPatfromPoole

Hopefully tonight passes without incident.

If their fans are going to listen to anybody, it’s Klopp, and he seems to have made a sensible call for calm.

He is admittedly in a difficult position, as he risks alienating quite large proportions of their fanbase whatever he says.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Please don't boo Scousers. on 19:26 - Sep 13 with 2824 viewsBicester_North

Please don't boo Scousers. on 17:39 - Sep 13 by PatfromPoole

Hopefully tonight passes without incident.

If their fans are going to listen to anybody, it’s Klopp, and he seems to have made a sensible call for calm.

He is admittedly in a difficult position, as he risks alienating quite large proportions of their fanbase whatever he says.

If they do boo it’ll be interesting to hear what Klopp has to say about it, after his staunch defence of it at the last Wembley appearance.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Please don't boo Scousers. on 21:03 - Sep 13 with 2732 viewsChesham_Saint

Oh yes, definitely not a free country. Why, just this morning as I made my way into town I was stopped, searched and beaten by His Majesty’ finest, ooh, at least…erm, not once.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Please don't boo Scousers. on 22:00 - Sep 13 with 2672 viewsBicester_North

Of course it’s a free country, who do you know that gets incarcerated for their beliefs here?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Please don't boo Scousers. on 06:32 - Sep 14 with 2573 viewssaint68

Embarrassing...not even 20 seconds

[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 6:42]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Please don't boo Scousers. on 07:07 - Sep 14 with 2552 viewscocklebreath

Please don't boo Scousers. on 06:32 - Sep 14 by saint68

Embarrassing...not even 20 seconds

[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 6:42]

And the media were telling everyone it was impeccably carried out, if it wasn’t for the media love in for that scummy club my dislike would be far less.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:17 - Sep 14 with 2488 viewsSalisburySaint

Must admit that the reaction to protesters I’ve seen on TV wouldn’t be out of place in Russia, although there is a time and place for these protests.

Mind you the lad giving Andrew stick was spot on.
Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:57 - Sep 14 with 2445 viewsSaintNick

Please don't boo Scousers. on 07:07 - Sep 14 by cocklebreath

And the media were telling everyone it was impeccably carried out, if it wasn’t for the media love in for that scummy club my dislike would be far less.

I didnt see the media saying it was impeccably carried out, but I do agree it was glossed over by the media.

The truth though that it wasn't a massive protest, just a few isolated voices shouting out things to ruin it, I agree that sort of thing wont happen at 99% probably 100% of the other matches played this weekend, but the fact was 99.99% of a 52,000 or so crowd showed respect.

Not showing bias here just calling it how I see it on this video, of course some of you feel free to act like the mainstream media here and paint it as something else to suit the agenda, theirs that the whole nation bar none loves the monarchy and yours that every Liverpool fan is scum.

Next people will be telling me on here "But they p*ssed on dead fans at Hillsborough"

Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:02 - Sep 14 with 2396 viewsBerber

Please don't boo Scousers. on 08:57 - Sep 14 by SaintNick

I didnt see the media saying it was impeccably carried out, but I do agree it was glossed over by the media.

The truth though that it wasn't a massive protest, just a few isolated voices shouting out things to ruin it, I agree that sort of thing wont happen at 99% probably 100% of the other matches played this weekend, but the fact was 99.99% of a 52,000 or so crowd showed respect.

Not showing bias here just calling it how I see it on this video, of course some of you feel free to act like the mainstream media here and paint it as something else to suit the agenda, theirs that the whole nation bar none loves the monarchy and yours that every Liverpool fan is scum.

Next people will be telling me on here "But they p*ssed on dead fans at Hillsborough"

The media are no doubt duplicitous. Anyone would think the new king has an immaculate track record at both personal and constitutional activities, which patently is not true. As I have pointed out elsewhere, the cracks already show.

The stats on crowdresponses at footy matches are relevant. The vast majority of folk are decent and respectful of others positions, even if they don’t agree. However, there will always be a minority that do not care for anything except their own voice. I am sure we have all heard the muted booing at St Mary’s for the anti racist, taking the knee actions. Fortunately, it was soon drowned out with applause, and once people realise they are not lauded for their deviant actions, they usually soon stop for fear of ostracisation. That is how communities and society usually goes with dealing with things like this.

Those that turn up at a funeral cortège to voice their objections for publicity are just sad sacks though.
Please don't boo Scousers. on 20:17 - Sep 14 with 2241 viewsBazza

Please don't boo Scousers. on 10:02 - Sep 14 by Berber

The media are no doubt duplicitous. Anyone would think the new king has an immaculate track record at both personal and constitutional activities, which patently is not true. As I have pointed out elsewhere, the cracks already show.

The stats on crowdresponses at footy matches are relevant. The vast majority of folk are decent and respectful of others positions, even if they don’t agree. However, there will always be a minority that do not care for anything except their own voice. I am sure we have all heard the muted booing at St Mary’s for the anti racist, taking the knee actions. Fortunately, it was soon drowned out with applause, and once people realise they are not lauded for their deviant actions, they usually soon stop for fear of ostracisation. That is how communities and society usually goes with dealing with things like this.

Those that turn up at a funeral cortège to voice their objections for publicity are just sad sacks though.

Booing the BLM is at least in part because they are a USA originated group promoting defunding the police and other nonsense. Taking the knee should never have been adopted, other valuable anti racist initiatives are already in existence. Booing of course is never good but an emotional response to poor play or actions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024